Paradise Cafe Discussions - A Place For Bible Research And Christian Encouragement
NEW BOARD OPEN - Printable Version

+- Paradise Cafe Discussions - A Place For Bible Research And Christian Encouragement (http://www.paradisecafediscussions.net)
+-- Forum: Site Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Paradise Cafe Discussions Welcome Wagon! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: NEW BOARD OPEN (/showthread.php?tid=7872)

NEW BOARD OPEN - Resolute - 08-10-2011 09:04 PM

Good news! The new board is up and ready (we're not waiting till it's perfect). Have a look and register.

This board will be closed soon except for reading. We've decided not to do a lot of archiving on the new site except, perhaps, material we're presently working on. It'll be nice to have a fresh start.

The new and improved Paradise Cafe is at:

The New Paradise Cafe

love to all,
rez

RE: NEW BOARD OPEN - Melancholymuse - 08-11-2011 03:35 AM

Resolute Wrote:
Good news! The new board is up and ready (we're not waiting till it's perfect). Have a look and register.

This board will be closed soon except for reading. We've decided not to do a lot of archiving on the new site except, perhaps, material we're presently working on. It'll be nice to have a fresh start.

The New Paradise Cafe

love to all,
rez

All the info on the old board is still quite valuable...how long will the old board be up so we can download the stuff we want to keep?

RE: NEW BOARD OPEN - Measurer - 08-11-2011 07:52 AM

Looking good. Looking very good. (and familiar!) :thumbsup::D

Thanks to all involved for providing and looking after our Cafe.:clap:

Measurer :hibye:

RE: NEW BOARD OPEN - Resolute - 08-11-2011 11:07 AM

Melancholymuse Wrote:
All the info on the old board is still quite valuable...how long will the old board be up so we can download the stuff we want to keep?

Tami, sorry for the delay. My keyboard went on the fritz (yesterday it was my soundcard--lol). Thank goodness for a crappy old keyboard that we had hanging around. (whew)

You will be able to view this old board as an archive. Download? I don't think so but you will be able to copy and paste.

Now's the time to grab what you need to in a download.

Another possibility is that Bangalore knows about downloading a whole website I believe. (Bang knows everything -- hehehe)

Transitions like this always seem to have bumps on the road. Let me know if any of you encounters a problem. Like I said, there will be bugs.

love,

rez

RE: NEW BOARD OPEN - Resolute - 08-11-2011 11:22 AM

Here's an important bit of info:

You have to register and activate your account at the new cafe.

Your account here is not connected to the new Paradise Cafe.

Let us know if you have difficulty.

rez

RE: NEW BOARD OPEN - Resolute - 08-11-2011 03:42 PM

Just in case the links stop working here's the actual site if you need to type it into the location bar:

http://paradisecafediscussions.org

cheers,

rez

RE: NEW BOARD OPEN - isomam - 08-11-2011 05:15 PM

many thanks to everyone responsible for making this happen. :giverose:

p.s.: i'm in! :ok:

RE: NEW BOARD OPEN - Londoner - 08-11-2011 09:13 PM

Resolute Wrote:

rez

Hi Resolute

It appears that my account is linked to the old PC. I have just now tried to register at the new site, and an error message appeared saying that I was already registered, and multiple accounts will be disabled. I did not receive an activation email.

The new site logged me on with my old username and password - which is cool!

Londoner

RE: NEW BOARD OPEN - Susanna - 08-11-2011 09:55 PM

Resolute Wrote:

rez

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A public thank you for helping me out here rez.
also to our tech .
Where in the world did you get that beautiful picture with the steps in the garden . That is awsome! :heartbeat:

suanna:grouphug:

RE: NEW BOARD OPEN - Aurora - 08-12-2011 04:50 AM

Resolute Wrote:

The New Paradise Cafe

love to all,
rez

Sorry to bother you with this REZ but I am unable to register ...
it says the following

( Your details match those of a known spammer, therefore you have been disallowed registration.)

I don't know what is going on ... I know that I haven't been around for a while but I would like to start writing and sharing my thoughts again ... what do I need to do ?

much appreciation , Linda :heartbeat:

RE: NEW BOARD OPEN - Derek - 08-12-2011 09:32 AM

Hi Linda,
Yes, I got the same response.
regards
Derek

RE: NEW BOARD OPEN - Bangalore - 08-12-2011 10:11 AM

Thanks to Bruisedreed,Manirus.,Resolute and the rest of the team for the wonderful new board.

Warm Christian Love
Bangalore

RE: NEW BOARD OPEN - Resolute - 08-12-2011 11:37 AM

Thanks, Bang-bro! I only do little jobs. Bruised Reed and Manirus have done the lion's share in creating the new board. It is lovely, isn't it.

At the end of the day, it's the people that make up the Paradise Cafe who make it what it is. So, if anyone is having difficulty registering or any other technical problem please let us know on this thread and we'll try to fix it as soon as possible.

There's a smiley feeding frenzy over at the new board. We've all missed having them. lol

:siskiss:

rez

PS....Derek and Linda -- your problem should be fixed by now. Please let us know if it isn't.

RE: NEW BOARD OPEN - gogh - 08-12-2011 12:57 PM

Howdy Rez...

One the "What's New" page there is an interesting sentence; it reads:

"We have now added our own Facebook, Twitter & Youtube so we can can keep better in touch with out members."

:coffeeread: (grin)

RE: NEW BOARD OPEN - Resolute - 08-12-2011 01:22 PM

Hahaha...."without members".

Hope the writer corrects that soon. I don't know if I can do it from the front end.

Yoo-hoo -- Back end techie....where are you?

rez

RE: NEW BOARD OPEN - TruthSeeker - 08-12-2011 04:38 PM

Greetings dear sister Resolute, may you always continue in the blessings of our King and Savior the Christ.

I went to the new site, but it would not accept my user name and or password, which still works on this site. Can you please help?

Christian love and peace, brother Fred.

RE: NEW BOARD OPEN - Susanna - 08-12-2011 06:33 PM

Hate to say it but I am logged out again, I didnt do it !, and I cant get in with the new pass word that I was given yeterday
I.ll try again when things are more settled.
susanna :grouphug:

RE: NEW BOARD OPEN - Resolute - 08-12-2011 08:55 PM

Sorry guys, I had to be away today and just got back. Will try to get things fixed as soon as possible tomorrow.

love,
rez

RE: NEW BOARD OPEN - Bangalore - 08-13-2011 07:53 AM

When will this board be closed for new postings?

Warm Christian Love
Bangalore

RE: NEW BOARD OPEN - Aurora - 08-13-2011 10:11 AM

Susanna Wrote:

Resolute Wrote:

rez

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A public thank you for helping me out here rez.
also to our tech .
Where in the world did you get that beautiful picture with the steps in the garden . That is awsome! :heartbeat:

suanna:grouphug:

Hi there Susanna ...:heartbeat:

I hope I'm not being impolite :blush: by answering your question but I believe it is one of Thomas Kincade's pictures of an english garden. I have a few of his pictures in a catalog and I just think they are so beautiful :thumbup:
I try and copy his plantings in my own yard here in Alaska but the weather were I live is very harsh and things get destroyed and ruined almost on a daily basis :( but I don't give up and the people really enjoy walking down my street .

many blessings to you, Linda :giverose:

RE: NEW BOARD OPEN - Resolute - 08-13-2011 05:49 PM

You're right, it's a Thomas Kincaid called Stairway to Paradise. It's the entry to the Paradise golf course.

This picture in jigsaw puzzle form was the last puzzle we all worked on with my late husband before his death. So it has great meaning for some of us.

The second last thing my hubby said to me was: "See you in paradise."

love,
rez

RE: NEW BOARD OPEN - Resolute - 08-16-2011 03:57 PM

Hey Fred,

Sorry to be so late in getting back to you. I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off. On top of the usual, I've had components of my computer go 'belly up'. 'Nuff of that.

Working on getting you in to the new board right now.

love,
rez

RE: NEW BOARD OPEN - ThinkingMan - 08-16-2011 05:04 PM

Hi TruthSeeker.

The details of your new account are in the E-mail message to you.

Welcome aboard.

RE: NEW BOARD OPEN - Resolute - 08-21-2011 09:39 AM

Bangalore Wrote:
When will this board be closed for new postings?

Warm Christian Love
Bangalore

Sorry to be so late in getting back to you on that, Bang-bro. The truth is, I don't know. A lot depends on whether or not some are having difficulties registering or using passwords. This is a bit of a lifeline.

Everyone who wants to register at the new board should do it as soon as possible before this one is closed to new posts.

in christ,
rez

RE: NEW BOARD OPEN - gogh - 08-21-2011 04:00 PM

re: "This is a bit of a lifeline."

yes...there continues to be many guests here.

:coffeeread:

:read:

:read:

RE: NEW BOARD OPEN - Resolute - 08-25-2011 02:06 PM

Just a quick note to those who are still using this old board. It will soon be closed to posting. It's only open so that those who are having trouble registering at the new board can ask for help. We do monitor this board -- for now.

Susanna, you may not realize that your last three posts are here on the old board. The new one is .org and not .net.

Please adjust your bookmark.

love,
rez

RE: NEW BOARD OPEN - BruisedReed - 09-09-2011 01:05 PM

Come on an join us at the new cafe ...!! :friends::cheer::grouphug:

Here is the link in case you don't know the 'address'!

http://paradisecafediscussions.org/

See ya round the tables! :happyheart:

Luv BR :sheepy: :bouncyhearts: