Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Pages (9): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »
Global Warming: Heating Up…or Cooling Down?
digging

Group: Registered Plus
RE: Global Warming: Heating Up…or Cooling Down?

Hello???? Elite's plan? I say the devil is the one trying to get mankind to destroy the earth and himself! I believe we are ment to care for the earth and live at peace with life and support it.

Since the fall of mankind we have been destructive to each other and the areas we lived in, we would cut down all the trees, cause soil lose and often over hunt the area, but our reach was limited.

However with the industrial age our power to effect the earth has gone up 100%, and we will continue to see increase in all types of extreme weather. We have not created weather BUT we are adding to the energy that powers these systems.

"basically, you are saying - before industrialisation - there were no Hurricanes, no Cyclones, no Floods, no Bushfires, no droughts, no famines, no water shortages etc....all these things only happen with man's influence"

No Beau, I'm saying

"All these things will now only get worse and stronger because of man's influence".

Quit being so stubborn, this is a real problem that could very quickly ramp up, like what is happening in the USA now, and just continue with one big event after another.

And just for the record city dwellers are sitting ducks.

How do you know AVATRA is not more like God's plan anyways Beau? We don't want to be turning our nose up at what he might offer us, it might end up being a lot simpler life style.....
Maybe that's what Adam and Eve did, they wanted more....they wanted what they didn't even need.

Digging

07-31-2011 04:24 AM
Find all posts by this user
Derek

Group: Registered

Hi Int,
Do you have any evidence to support the assertion that volcanoes in the recent past (say a hundred years) are producing more greenhouse gas than man?

Incidentally, where, in the biosphere YEC's inhabit, do they think volcanoes got their CO2 output from? :) ;)

You say man's actions don't effect the planet?

So there is no such thing as overfishing the oceans or man induced extinctions???

We go in faith, our own great weakness feeling,
And needing more each day Thy grace to know:
Yet from our hearts a song of triumph pealing,
“We rest on Thee, and in Thy Name we go.”
07-31-2011 09:42 AM
Seraphim

Beau Wetini Wrote:
LOL - temperatures are rising on every other planet in the Solar system.....I wonder how many factories, cars and fossil fuel machines those other planets have?

That`s not correct! A study in the late 90s showed that Uranus was cooling. Also an article in nature 2007 showed that Mars was getting warmer because dust storms was exposing darker ground which absorbs heat, which of course will reverse when the dust storms subside. At any rate we don't need to look at other planets to see what the sun is doing because we can measure its output directly and far more accurately than looking at the other planets, and studies show that there has been no significant increase in the last 30 years.

07-31-2011 10:53 AM
Interpretum
This Space For Rent

Hi Derek

I didn't say man's actions don't affect the planet. I said...

Quote:
I think natural forces (i.e. volcanos, the Sun) have much more of an impact on "climate change" than man

Big difference.

Point is, this planet has "supposedly" been around 4.7 billion years, and yet is suddenly struggling to cope with what man has done in the past 100 years???

Quote:
So there is no such thing as overfishing the oceans or man induced extinctions???

Of course there is. I personally think the "dragons" of old (rebranded "dinosaurs" in the 19th century) were hunted to virtual extinction, but that's another story (based on dozens of common legends across the globe).

I seriously doubt Job's "leviathan" was a mere crocodile :)

(extracts)

"His sneezings flash forth light, and his eyes are like the eyelids of the dawn...

His breath kindles coals, and a flame comes forth from his mouth...

When he raises himself up the mighty are afraid; at the crashing they are beside themselves...

On earth there is not his like, a creature without fear.

He sees everything that is high; he is king over all the sons of pride." (Job 41:33,34)

Seriously... crocodile? I think not. Clearly these huge monsters don't exist anymore... perhaps because they were hunted to extinction.

Quote:
Do you have any evidence to support the assertion that volcanoes in the recent past (say a hundred years) are producing more greenhouse gas than man?

Well, I note you once again altered what I said. But either way, I did a quick pop onto Google and found this link...
http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/volcanowatch/2007/07_02_15.html

According to this article, it seems that volcanos emit about 200 million tons of CO2 annualy. Fossil fuel emissions were 26.8 billion tons.

Man produces over 100 times that per year.

OK, you win that round.

I suppose then, the real question is... can the Earth COPE with 26.8 billion tons of CO2?

How do you know that the Earth doesn't simply cope with more CO2 by producing bigger and larger trees, that absorb CO2? Could you please provide me with evidence to show what are the specific limits of Earth's capability of absorbing CO2 that also the human race provide naturally, by virtue of breathing out?

Personally, I think caring about the environment is a *good thing*. However, I'm always aware that there are powerful vested interests involved.

Carbon trading is now a BIG BUSINESS, and yet another way to control the masses from on high, as it were.

Maybe it's right, after all... I just think there is also quite a lot of manipulation going on, for political and economic reasons... and yes, on both sides.

My Blog: The Prophetic Word

Latest post: Daniel 9 And The Seventy (70) Weeks - How Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy was fulfilled.
07-31-2011 09:00 PM
Derek

Hi Interpretum,
Thanks for your honest response.
The volcano falsehood is typical of the skeptic lobby propaganda.

You actually implied, what said in unvarnished terms:

Besides, I find it hilarious to think that those who believe the Earth has been around billions of years, is going to be in crisis because of man, who are like ants.

Regarding CO2; the level in the atmosphere is now around 400 ppm, an increase from c.280 ppm in industrial times (280 ppm is the normal interglacial level). In the Ice Ages the cores indicate a base level of 180 ppm.

So the earth can't cope with anthropogenically released CO2 in the short term.. I read somewhere it will take 800 years for the Earth to process the extra 100ppm of CO2.

CO2 is the moderator gas of Earth, it stopped our planet becoming a frozen world in the past. However, too much CO2, and the Earth (ultimately) warms too much.
Without plate tectonics releasing CO2 from subducted plates (via volcanoes) containing CO2 from animals bodies of the creatures living millions of years ago, this planet would have very little CO2 and the world would be frozen.

If CO2 dropped much below the Ice Age level of 180ppm certain plants would stop functioning..there is a delicate balance the Creator has set up on planet Earth. As digging (I paraphrase) says, the whole Earth system in balance is important for our continued existence.

Hence we need the long term carbon cycle to release CO2 (gradually) by plate subduction and hence tsunamis and earthquakes are natural and needed unless God will fuse the plates and get man to release the right amount of CO2 each year! :):)

The Earth, very, very, rarely has released immense amounts of CO2 in the past, long, long, before man existed and this has caused devastating climate change and mass extinctions, but I know you do not believe that! :)

regards
Derek

08-01-2011 10:29 AM
gogh
Participator

Group: Moderator

Blockbuster: Planetary temperature controls CO2 levels — not humans

http://joannenova.com.au/2011/08/blockbu...ot-humans/

:coffeeread:

"......."This is my Son, whom I have chosen. Keep listening to him!" Luke 9:35
08-06-2011 01:36 PM
Derek

Your joking Gogh, it's too complex for oversimplifications!

Have you ever heard of positive and negative feedback?

Sorry, some people don't think, they talk in links!

08-06-2011 02:20 PM
Seraphim

Derek Wrote:
Your joking Gogh, it's too complex for oversimplifications!

Have you ever heard of positive and negative feedback?

Sorry, some people don't think, they talk in links!

Ill tell you something Derek. You may be a grey headed senior citizen, but you haven't become inflexible in your thinking or lost your ability to think. If more Christians were like you the next generation would be a bit safer. :friends:

08-06-2011 02:30 PM
digging

Made me smile.

"some people don't think, they talk in links!"

This problem is farrrrr more serious than what this industrial system wants anyone to know. All the real wealth of today is made by turning some part of the living world into something dead and while doing so creating pollution. It's from the devil he wants us to destroy God's creation.

Digging

08-06-2011 05:08 PM
gogh
Participator

Group: Moderator

Chemical Spraying - Megatons of Aluminum to Rain Down from Global Experiment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGK4K3_VD...re=related

"......."This is my Son, whom I have chosen. Keep listening to him!" Luke 9:35
08-06-2011 06:01 PM
Seraphim

gogh Wrote:

I guess when one lives in the WTs paradigm for long enough and then realises that it was false, the need for a new emotional support system that satisfies the need for a special family connection and community, with exclusive truth that the majority don't have, like the WT pretended to offer, along with a way of feeling better about ones own lack of power in the world, paves the way for an over preoccupation and need for conspiracy theories of every stripe as these offer the same things, even if it risks the future of our children by diverting attention from real pragmatic realities that affect the human family as a whole. Its also a form of mock Christianity that offers such things in a positive, genuine and loving way, along with a real way to make the world a better place as opposed to what is in effect `armchair defeatism`.

08-06-2011 08:28 PM
Beau Wetini
Me and my boy at the beach!

Seraphim Wrote:

gogh Wrote:

I guess when one lives in the WTs paradigm for long enough and then realises that it was false, the need for a new emotional support system that satisfies the need for a special family connection and community, with exclusive truth that the majority don't have, like the WT pretended to offer, along with a way of feeling better about ones own lack of power in the world, paves the way for an over preoccupation and need for conspiracy theories of every stripe as these offer the same things, even if it risks the future of our children by diverting attention from real pragmatic realities that affect the human family as a whole. Its also a form of mock Christianity that offers such things in a positive, genuine and loving way, along with a real way to make the world a better place as opposed to what is in effect `armchair defeatism`.

In other words - lets just believe what mainstream media and governments say we should believe.

Because we all know we can trust every word that they say....

LIVE THE KINGDOM NOW!!

08-06-2011 08:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Seraphim

Well id leave out religious cults and fox news but whatever!

08-06-2011 08:58 PM
Beau Wetini
Me and my boy at the beach!

Seraphim Wrote:
Well id leave out religious cults and fox news but whatever!

Hahaha!

Id also leave out the BBC, CNN and anything owned by Murdoch and Soros! :D

LIVE THE KINGDOM NOW!!

08-06-2011 09:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Seraphim

You can leave out all of it Beau, just don`t forget a nose for truth in the process.

08-06-2011 09:35 PM
Pages (9): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites