Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Pages (9): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Next > Last »
Global Warming: Heating Up…or Cooling Down?
Seraphim

Group: Registered
RE: Global Warming: Heating Up…or Cooling Down?

I think the objection gogh is this is a discussion board not an information board. Plus your links are not as well researched as you think. Pictures also often come over an emotional ploy designed to override reason and logic. Even if they are not intended that way, its still a bit rude when others put the effort in to actually writing in their own words their understanding and points to be reasoned on or answered.

08-09-2011 10:04 AM
Find all posts by this user
gogh
Participator

Group: Moderator

..it is unfortunate that you determine my style is rude. (You are the first to express this....I hope it's not true, as I do not intend to be rude).

:coffeeread:

"......."This is my Son, whom I have chosen. Keep listening to him!" Luke 9:35
08-09-2011 10:25 AM
Seraphim

I can only speak for the way it comes over to me of course. Other might feel different.

08-09-2011 10:30 AM
Derek

Hi Brian,
Your right, Gogh is ignorant of the facts of climate change since he is hooked on conspiracy theories and cannot think for himself and has no more freedom of thought than we had when the WTS controlled our minds on other subjects!

Spouting links don't address the points raised, almost invariably there is no understanding of what is actually happening.

Did you notice how Beau did not respond to my point about NZ's glaciers. I am also surprised Canadians are not aware of what is happening climatically in the Canadian Arctic?
all the best
Derek

Seraphim Wrote:
I can only speak for the way it comes over to me of course. Other might feel different.

We go in faith, our own great weakness feeling,
And needing more each day Thy grace to know:
Yet from our hearts a song of triumph pealing,
“We rest on Thee, and in Thy Name we go.”
08-10-2011 05:31 AM
Resolute
politicus incorrectissimus in extremis

Group: Moderator

Personally, as an onlooker I think it is very rude to talk about folks as if they weren't there. Very poor social form.

Another observation:

This is an old thread which gogh opened again just recently in order to post some updated news. I would think his input is as valuable as is that from anyone else.

Let's work at getting along.

rez

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one… – Edmund Burke
08-10-2011 10:46 AM
Beau Wetini
Me and my boy at the beach!

Group: Registered Plus

LOL - as far as I can see, everyone on this thread is repeating information - making arbitrary distinctions is a tad pretentious.

LIVE THE KINGDOM NOW!!

08-10-2011 10:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Beau Wetini

Derek - I haven't responded yet because I'm suffering from multitasking overload.

But to answer your question - glaciers come and go.

In another 10000 years, they'll be back again.

Just as they always have, and just as they always will do.

LIVE THE KINGDOM NOW!!

08-10-2011 10:57 AM
wolfie

What caught my attention last week-end and no doubt because of this thread was a program on MPBN, which is public television, concerning this very topic. I watched it to learn more about this subject as it was a panel of 4 scientists and a moderator/interviewer. The surprise to me was that none of the 4 scientists agree with global warming being manmade. They all say earth is definitely a bit warmer but that we went through the exact same thing in the 50's. They all feel it is cyclical and that places are already showing signs of cooling down :dontknow: ...

''In the midst of winter I finally learned that in me there was an invincible summer.'' Albert Camus

''live simply, speak kindly, love unconditionally''
08-10-2011 11:05 AM
Beau Wetini

Hey sis Wolfski!

They don't use the term "global warming" anymore. It's called "Climate Change".

That way, all bases are covered.

LIVE THE KINGDOM NOW!!

08-10-2011 11:10 AM
wolfie

hi beau--they actually mentioned that and said it was done to explain that some places are actually much colder than normal so climate change covered more However they also said the word climate change is used to describe global warming as well as any unusual climate changes one might see--I live where the weather has always been unpredictable. In 2009 we had record setting cold temps and stayed minus 50 for a couple of months--that was kind of tough. The next winter we had record snow with several hundred inches and last winter was moderate compared to the two previous winters. That is pretty normal for here tho--you never know what you are going to get and growing up it felt like we had colder temps than the ones through the 90's but then came the winter of 2009. It changes here all the time--it has always been said if you don't like the weather here just wait 10 minutes...

''In the midst of winter I finally learned that in me there was an invincible summer.'' Albert Camus

''live simply, speak kindly, love unconditionally''
08-10-2011 11:36 AM
Seraphim

Derek Wrote:
Hi Brian,
Your right, Gogh is ignorant of the facts of climate change since he is hooked on conspiracy theories and cannot think for himself and has no more freedom of thought than we had when the WTS controlled our minds on other subjects!

Spouting links don't address the points raised, almost invariably there is no understanding of what is actually happening.

Did you notice how Beau did not respond to my point about NZ's glaciers. I am also surprised Canadians are not aware of what is happening climatically in the Canadian Arctic?
all the best
Derek

Seraphim Wrote:

I agree Derek.

08-10-2011 12:39 PM
Seraphim

wolfie Wrote:
What caught my attention last week-end and no doubt because of this thread was a program on MPBN, which is public television, concerning this very topic. I watched it to learn more about this subject as it was a panel of 4 scientists and a moderator/interviewer. The surprise to me was that none of the 4 scientists agree with global warming being manmade. They all say earth is definitely a bit warmer but that we went through the exact same thing in the 50's. They all feel it is cyclical and that places are already showing signs of cooling down :dontknow: ...

Any chance of a link to the program or possibly the name of the program so I can check it out for myself?

08-10-2011 12:42 PM
digging

Personal engagement is the most convincing for myself.

Hmmm, melting glaciers, does it even matter?

Well Greenland is covered in a glacier and so is Antartica does anyone here know how high the ocean would rise if those glaciers just melted for a while? How many global cities would be flooded out?

Digging

PS, I have mentioned this before, but I see with my own eyes the change in the climate. The river is wayyyyyyy to high all summer every summer because of the extra rain and glaciers melting. When I was a teen every summer I would walk across the river and it would be so low only coming up to my arms and I'm short!

I've been able to plant my garden a month earlier than what people did just 50 years ago living here. The snow ALWAYS would be here by Oct 31st, it never came until mid Nov, people still are talking about that.

Every single winter when I was going to school, classed would be cancled because it would go to -50c not including wind chill. It has not gotten that cold even once in the 8 years since I've moved back here!

I was talking with a friend I grew up with, we me commenting on how dry summer ALWAYS was when we were kids. We recalled how the forest used to have that very dried out hot pine cone smell. Now the forest smells of moist earth and mushrooms.

Berries, picking berries is very traditional here, once again everyone is going on and on, "have you noticed the berries", "there are so many wild berries", etc. The rain has increased here with greater warmth thus better berries.

This is my own personal observation of the climate changing.

I'm now of the opinion that the global ice cover is going to melt wayyy faster than anyone imagines and that will flood out most cities in the world and then "like a great mill stone she is thrown into the sea..."

Digging

08-10-2011 02:11 PM
Beau Wetini

digging Wrote:
Personal engagement is the most convincing for myself.

Hmmm, melting glaciers, does it even matter?

Well Greenland is covered in a glacier and so is Antartica does anyone here know how high the ocean would rise if those glaciers just melted for a while? How many global cities would be flooded out?

Digging

I wonder why they call it Greenland?

Maybe because at one time, it was GREEN.

LIVE THE KINGDOM NOW!!

08-10-2011 02:12 PM
digging

Beau??? Are you really asking me that question? You do know that was a ploy by the viking guy to get more to come and settle there right?

However you are soooooo very right, much farther back there was much less ice, maybe none at all and the ocean levels were different. So this goes back to my question about the cities being flooded.

Because I believe in the flood of Noah I think all these major ice caps have been forming since the flood, but even though in Noahs day there was less ice the air contained more water vapour which might have been protecting the earth from so much radiation and keeping it warmer,( in place of what CO2 is doing today). Also there might have been more water under the earths crust, because of how the bible says the watery deep broke open? The point being, now if it all warms up again, because of how the water is stored in ice, the ocean levels can go up in a large way!!!!

I believe in the long run YHWH has put in place a way for the earth to rebalance it's self. What I don't see adapting is mankinds industrial way of life. There are stories in the bible that do hint at this happening. Egypt's army also was drowned in the sea....the locust arm in Joel is blown into the sea...Babylon like a great millstone thrown into the sea. In Luke the roaring of the sea...the herd of swine ran off the mountain cliff and drowned in the sea...

Digging

08-10-2011 02:56 PM
Pages (9): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Next > Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites