Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Pages (10): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
The Mark of the Beast
serafina
Seeker

Group: Registered Plus
The Mark of the Beast

I come today after reading my favorite book in the Bible, Revelations, and I come to find myself wondering about the mark of the Beast. Oddly enough, I sat there pondering on what such a mark could possibly be. On the right hand and forehead, and obviously visible for so many things to be necessary in its use. Also something one would voluntarily get, like a rite of passage, but for something to sway the world in forty two months. It's not unheard of, after all, look at the media. In some countries it is just a step below the voice of God himself. And I thought to myself what better place to ask about this than here.

Anyone have any thoughts about what this mark would be? Something that the world would not shake a head at. Maybe a new symbol, or one many find benevolent today. My first thought was a modern religious symbol, but I am not certain really. :read:

One does not test the depths of a river with both feet
01-24-2007 09:07 PM
Find all posts by this user
gogh
Participator

Group: Moderator
RE: The Mark of the Beast

Might it be something that would be noticeable if one did not have it?

"......."This is my Son, whom I have chosen. Keep listening to him!" Luke 9:35
01-24-2007 09:26 PM
gus
-------------------------

As it effects buying and selling, I believe the mark to have a financial reference. Checked your credit score lately? Believe it or not, your insurance rates are effected by it. My guess is that at some point in time your government ID (required for every purchase) will likely adjust pricing for you individually, according to your "score." No score, no buy.

LOL...I have not bought anything on credit since 1999.

gus

01-25-2007 01:06 AM
draka
Omnia mutantur nihil interit

gus Wrote:
As it effects buying and selling, I believe the mark to have a financial reference. Checked your credit score lately? Believe it or not, your insurance rates are effected by it. My guess is that at some point in time your government ID (required for every purchase) will likely adjust pricing for you individually, according to your "score." No score, no buy.

LOL...I have not bought anything on credit since 1999.

gus

That's true, but Rev 13 says it will be on the right hand or head, in that Serafina was right. Just like the seal of god is on the other's foreheads...unless it's something they can scan. :shocked:

I'm kinda thinking of the way the Jews were treated in the second war, where they had to have an image showing they were Jewish...though they didn't tattoo until they were taken in to die. :(

I think that Government ID is very "useful" to their cause, but given the say it says upon the right hand or forehead leads me to believe its a physical mark, or a chip or something. Even the way God's people are "sealed within their foreheads" could mean any number of things. It could be a perversion of those marks, especially since by the way I personally read it, God's people are sealed first. :coffeeread:

But I also think we could read it until we're blue in the face :read:, and think we know until it actually happens. Guess we gotta hae faith that we'll know when we see it. :detective:

Servatis a periculum, servatis a maleficum
01-25-2007 08:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Jeshurun
Christ Within You

Group: Registered

Here's what the ruling elite are planning, if anyone is interested, this would be the mark in the right hand or forehead, depending on whether or not they want mind control, if they do indeed carry it out. Since they've invested megabillions, their track record says they will:

http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/NWO/mic...ontrol.htm

"My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you." -Galatians 4:19
01-25-2007 09:30 AM
gus
-------------------------

I knew I shouldn't have commented on this thread.

When will I ever learn?

g

01-25-2007 11:18 AM
Jeshurun
Christ Within You

Group: Registered

I was wondering, there are hundreds of thousands of people in the US and UK who have already been implanted with the microchip id mark in the right hand. Members of the royal family in Britain have already received it in the forehead. Since it does not yet represent loyalty to the NWO, I wonder if these people have already been condemned. The Revelation says once you have the mark, you cannot undo the mark.

"My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you." -Galatians 4:19
02-07-2007 12:02 PM
AlienResident
Around, again!

Hey folks,

Isn´t the vision of Revelation given to John in signs? How could it be different with the marks of the beast?

IMPO; the marks symbolize two separate marks that signify adherence to the beast, either 1)through our mindset, or, 2)through our works.

Likewise, receiving the mark in the forehead signifies a mental attitude, i.e; being convinced or puting faith in the might of the beast in contrast to puting faith in the messianic kingdom. Remember, those who adhere to the beast are said to admire it with the words; "Who is like the beast? Who can make war against him?" Rev. 13:4.

On the other hand, receiving the mark on the right hand signifies adherence through action, i.e; placing oneself in service of the beast.

BTW; It can be that one receives the mark in the forehead without receiving it in the right hand, and vice versa. In other words, one can put faith in the beast without serving it, or serve it without out of necessity, i.e; without being convinced.

I think we will have a long wait until we see the fulfilment of the mark of the beast, if we take sambols literally.

AR

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.- MLK

02-07-2007 02:10 PM
Paul

I believe that the mark of the beast has to do with our internal spiritual struggle. We all fight animalistic tendencies. It is easy for these tendencies to win out. But when we are born again to do the will of the Father, we become better able to fight these beastlike traits. We gain victory over the beast when we decide that we will not always react to a situation with anger and sarcasm. The fruits of the spirit such as love, joy, peace, goodness, kindness, mildness, etc., helps us to fight the traits of our internal beast. We reject such spirit poisons as rage, lust, violence, sarcasm, mean-spiritedness, jealousy, etc.

Love,
Paul

02-07-2007 07:29 PM
gogh
Participator

Hi Paul

Does this scripture not describe an ongoing battle and subsequent determination, relying on holy spirit to overcome sinful tendency?...

Romans 7:22...

" I really delight in the law of God according to the man I am within, but I behold in my members another law warring against the law of my mind and leading me captive to sin’s law that is in my members. Miserable man that I am! Who will rescue me from the body undergoing this death? Thanks to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So, then, with [my] mind I myself am a slave to God’s law, but with [my] flesh to sin’s law.

8: Therefore those in union with Christ Jesus have no condemnation. For the law of that spirit which gives life in union with Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. For, there being an incapability on the part of the Law, while it was weak through the flesh, God, by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and concerning sin, condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us who walk, not in accord with the flesh, but in accord with the spirit. For those who are in accord with the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those in accord with the spirit on the things of the spirit. For the minding of the flesh means death, but the minding of the spirit means life and peace; because the minding of the flesh means enmity with God, for it is not under subjection to the law of God, nor, in fact, can it be. So those who are in harmony with the flesh cannot please God."

Christian love,

gogh

"......."This is my Son, whom I have chosen. Keep listening to him!" Luke 9:35
02-07-2007 07:53 PM
PropMin
TheLeperKing

Paul Wrote:
I believe that the mark of the beast has to do with our internal spiritual struggle.  We all fight animalistic tendencies.  It is easy for these tendencies to win out.  But when we are born again to do the will of the Father, we become better able to fight these beastlike traits.  We gain victory over the beast when we decide that we will not always react to a situation with anger and sarcasm.  The fruits of the spirit such as love, joy, peace, goodness, kindness, mildness, etc., helps us to fight the traits of our internal beast.  We reject such spirit poisons as rage, lust, violence, sarcasm, mean-spiritedness, jealousy, etc.  

Love,
Paul

I like you Paul, but you're wrong.

Do I know 100% what it is?  Nope.  Dont claim to.

I just know it aint that.

Most likely it refers to some type of allegiance to the future 8th King, whatever form he takes.

Just so that we have this straight...

Rev 13
16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or[f] the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

How serious is this?

Rev 14
9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.

Its deadly serious, I should say.

Consider other possible Biblical patterns/paralells that lead us this direction:

Daniel 3
The Image of Gold
1 Nebuchadnezzar the king made an image of gold, whose height was sixty cubits and its width six cubits. He set it up in the plain of Dura, in the province of Babylon. 2 And King Nebuchadnezzar sent word to gather together the satraps, the administrators, the governors, the counselors, the treasurers, the judges, the magistrates, and all the officials of the provinces, to come to the dedication of the image which King Nebuchadnezzar had set up. 3 So the satraps, the administrators, the governors, the counselors, the treasurers, the judges, the magistrates, and all the officials of the provinces gathered together for the dedication of the image that King Nebuchadnezzar had set up; and they stood before the image that Nebuchadnezzar had set up

The Devil is merely a twisted mimick of Jehovah, consider:

Deut 6
6 “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. 8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 9 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

So, let us not waffle on this point.

:numchucks:

:prop:---Life or Death is commin' right up---:priest:

"When you stand before God you cannot say, "But I was told by others to do 'thus', or that 'virtue wasn't convenient at the time'", this will not suffice" - King Baldwin IV, 1184 A.D.

http://propmin.blogspot.com/
02-07-2007 10:07 PM
donbodo
Tell me that again...

During periods of persecution, the Roman authorities denied rights to Christians if they did not worship and offer incense to the Emperor. If they did, they would get a certificate that they could show to the authorities and thus have rights. This certificate, in fact, is most likely the mark of the beast that Revelation is talking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_cu...nt_Rome%29

--------
For all you Twilight Zoners out there, here's an interesting article on the state of the scientific field when it comes to mind control:

http://www.discover.com/issues/oct-04/cover/

"Learn the rule: 'Do not go beyond the things that are written,' in order that you may not be puffed up individually in favor of the one against the other" (1 Cor. 4:6).
02-07-2007 10:09 PM
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Good evening my family ... :hibye::giverose::heartbeat::grouphug:

IMHO I think this is an IMPORTANT to at least REFLECT SERIOUSLY on as our FUTURE will be affected in one way or the other in regards this 'mark' ...

I know that the book of Revelation is written in 'signs' ... but these 'signs' also have a LITERAL 'application' do they not ...

For instance, I am not so sure that this 'mark' would be indicative of a 'an inward spiritual struggle' ... or 'our christian conduct' ... for how would such things PREVENT us being able to 'buy or sell' as it mentions ...?

In Rev. 13:16,17 it shows just how much POWER this 'image of the wild beast' will have ...

16 And it puts under compulsion all persons, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free and the slaves, that they should give these a mark in their right hand or upon their forehead, 17 and that nobody might be able to buy or sell except a person having the mark, the name of the wild beast or the number of its name.

What is the purpose of this 'mark' ...? It seems to have more than one 'purpose' ...

Rev. 13: 15 ...

15 And there was granted it to give breath to the image of the wild beast, so that the image of the wild beast should both speak and cause to be killed all those who would not in any way worship the image of the wild beast.

In these three verses we see that this 'image' of the wild beast who has great power ... wants WORSHIP ... wants it SO BADLY that he will actually KILL to get it ... which is kind of foolish as how can anyone 'worship' 'it' if they are dead ...:P

PLUS ...

This 'image' also want to affect people's EVERYDAY LIVES ... what they 'buy and sell' ... for this will cause them to ALWAYS be thinking of this power hungry ... and worship hungry 'creature' that seems to NEED this so-called DEVOTION ... (as a dog fawns over its master) ... it doesn't seem to matter to 'him' whether this 'worship' is SINCERE ... for even though some may be 'compelled' to do so out of fear ... doesn't necessarily mean that they WANT to ... so ... for some it may be a 'false' sense of 'worship' from people that this image will have ... a 'hollow victory' indeed ...:(

It would also appear that this 'mark' would be something SEEN ... visible to the eye ...

The Greek word for 'mark' is charagma which means ...

Strong's ...
a scratch or etching, i.e. stamp (as a badge of servitude), or sculptured figure (statue):- graven, mark

Vine's
denotes a stamp, impress, translated "mark"

That this 'mark' MAY be something that is 'seen' is that it seems to be mentioned in THREE different ways according these verses ...

1. a mark
2. the name of the wild beast
3. the number of the wild beast

So, it must be something PRETTY SPECIFIC to be mentioned so 'specifically' and in such 'variety' ... seeking to perhaps appeal to different types of individuals?

No matter what this 'mark' may prove to be ... we DO know that it will involve our COMPROMISING ourselves in some way to someone looking for WORSHIP and POWER ... something ONLY belongs to our God Jehovah!

We also know what the outcome is for those who bear this mark on their person ...:(

It is judgment ... and not to life ...:cry:

It will obvious be VERY HARD for us to 'resist' having that mark ... but that is something that we MUST do ... as Rev. 14:12 ...

12 Here is where it means endurance for the holy ones, those who observe the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.”

For anyone who worships this wild beast or its image will not be written in the scroll of life ... Rev. 13:8 ...

8 And all those who dwell on the earth will worship it; the name of not one of them stands written in the scroll of life of the Lamb who was slaughtered, from the founding of the world.

So, let us determine to 'pay attention' and 'keep awake' so that we will KNOW what this 'mark' will prove to be and to AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS!!

And for those who think that our living our Christian life is what will denote this 'mark' ... then let us LIVE our Christian lives NOW ... for THEN it will be a 'wee' bit easier to continue to do so in spite of whatever trials and tests come our way ...:crybaby:

Just some thoughts ... thanks for bringing this up serafina ...:thumbup:

Luv to all ... BR :sheepy: :bouncyhearts:

http://bruisedreednotbroke.blogspot.com
02-07-2007 10:51 PM
Totaldismay

Hi BR,

Just thinking out loud, with the srcipts you posted it made me wonder, if those who are not written in the book of life are permanantely gone?

I have 2 different views, one is tat those who have their name in the book are the ones not harmed by the second death.
the second is that humans will see and understand that it is against God and chose the mark. therefore not being resurected.

Whatca think,

TD

02-07-2007 11:22 PM
Beau Wetini
Me and my boy at the beach!

:clap: Greetings fellow slaves!! :clap:

I agree 100% with Paul. People can make things as complicated as they wish, and read into things using the latest conspiracy claptrap -- I seriously doubt the mark of the beast has anything to do with getting a microchip or submission to a 'future 8th king'. Whatever. I believe it to be about our animal side and the side that comes alive when Christ is in our hearts.

What is a beast? We all have potential beastness inside of us, it is only when the Spirit of Truth starts to work in our lives, that we have the power to overcome -- to overturn strongly entrenched things. Beasts cannot see past their own needs. It is the mark of all those who stay stuck in the 6th day, and who do not make it into Gods rest.

What about buy and sell? Buying and selling is indicative of reliance upon something -- the system perhaps? Any Christian walking the true walk of faith, would not have any reliance upon the system of which one finds themselves in. I do not believe it to mean one must have a chip to buy things, or a barcode or whatever. Buying and selling is the opposite of what Christ did on earth. I dont think Jesus would have bought any shares in Microsoft.

May LOVE be with you!

your bro -- beau! :friends::friends::friends:

LIVE THE KINGDOM NOW!!

02-07-2007 11:29 PM
Pages (10): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites