Pages (10): « First < Previous 6 7 8 9 [10] Last »
The Mark of the Beast
gus
-------------------------

Group: Registered Plus
RE: The Mark of the Beast

Elihu Wrote:
hi Gus
so why do you ask questions you seemingly already know the answers to?

elihu

Gus i apologise if my words seem harsh, but i am a person who likes openess if you have something to say to me then please say it as simply and staightforwardly as possible. i am sometimes slow to understand things
if what i believe the kingdom to be is WT fairytale stuff in your opinion then please explain why.
i only seek the truth.
" live the Kingdom now " what does that mean "who hopes for what he already has"

Elihu

No offense taken, Elihu.

I don't know all the answers, my friend. It just seems to me that the kingdom is now...and the only place it languishes is in the minds of those who adhere to the belief that it is a future event. Seeing the kingdom in the present tense changes everything.

11 Truly I say to YOU people, Among those born of women there has not been raised up a greater than John the Baptist; but a person that is a lesser one in the kingdom of the heavens is greater than he is. 12 But from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of the heavens is the goal toward which men press, and those pressing forward are seizing it. 13 For all, the Prophets and the Law, prophesied until John; 14 and if YOU want to accept it, He himself is ‘E·li´jah who is destined to come.’ 15 Let him that has ears listen. (Mt 11, NWT)

The watchtower has a vested interest in interpreting the kingdom for others and, as such, keeping others from "pressing forward" and "seizing it." Jesus was very clear in the above statement. Those pressing forward ARE seizing the kingdom. How is that possible if it exists in a galaxy far, far away - in a realm to which there is no access? I'd say that the watchtower's entire premise with respect to the kingdom of God is wrong; and when the premise is wrong, it's very difficult to be right about anything else that follows.

gus

08-02-2007 11:46 AM
Find all posts by this user
Totaldismay

? for any who are interested in doing some home work.

People have continually sought to figure out what the 2 marks are.

I think the answers have been around for as long as the question.

The beast is a slave of it's owner is it not?
and those who follow the beast are slaves to the beast.

The owner of the beast is Satan and he is Liar and a thief.
he lied and stole our lives from us. leading us into the life we live now.
That is why I think Jesus was the randsom to pay the thief so to speak.

The Romans used to actually mark liars. on the forehead
I believe we know that thieves also had a mark on the hand, I believe some cultures took a finger as the mark.

IN the end only those who were prospering while others suffered are noted as buyers and sellers. I believe this corelates to them following their master and allowing the world of people in general to suffer in the wake of their lieing and stealing.

I also think the scripture that sys
"THEY will LOVE the LIE" and that is why they are deluded. They love the life style and would do anything to keep it. Lie cheat and steal.

04-08-2008 12:35 PM
NewTruth

:friends:

Hello Total D,

So, the 'ransom' that Christ paid was to pay the thief, Satan..?
hmmm... maybe,,,, never thought of that before. I guess I was thinking the ransom was paid to Jehovah.. but I don't know.. :confused: But when you think about it, ransoms are only paid to thiefs and not to the good individuals involved.

You said, 'the owner of the beast is Satan..'. Yes, actually, I'm thinking the beast is demon possessed, as the devil gave him his throne, authority, etc.
You said, 'and those that follow the beast are slaves to the beast'. Yes and I'll add also, slaves to Satan.

Quote:
IN the end only those who were prospering while others suffered are noted as buyers and sellers. I believe this corelates to them following their master and allowing the world of people in general to suffer in the wake of their lieing and stealing.

absolutely...

I also think that both marks.. the mark of the Beast and the mark of the ones sighing and groaning, are both political active marks, and ones who care what's going on in society.. and the government..
the opposite of the JW's.

04-09-2008 12:14 AM
Totaldismay

Definitions of ransom on the Web:

money demanded for the return of a captured person
payment for the release of someone
the act of freeing from captivity or punishment
exchange or buy back for money; under threat

Matthew 20:28
just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."

IN the truest sense of the word we were bought!! BACK

God himself paid with his sons life. The pain and anguish of standing by while a dear loved one was tortured. Holding back the punishment he could have inflicted would seem to be impossible in human terms.
Your child your flesh...
He paid to answer a question? of what LOVE is and whom really LOVES us. the one who says do whatever you want and you'll be happy or the other who says LOVE has some contraints but selfless LOVE is the only way to trully be happy.

Life is a journey to be lived and learned, if evrything is given to us on a platter the taste becomes bitter and we are never satisfied.

:happyheart:

04-09-2008 10:45 AM
Interpretum
This Space For Rent

serafina Wrote:
On the right hand and forehead, and obviously visible for so many things to be necessary in its use. Also something one would voluntarily get, like a rite of passage, but for something to sway the world in forty two months.

Bear in mind that the language of Revelation is symbolic. This is what God told the people of Israel:

"Listen, O Israel... these words that I am commanding you today must prove to be on your heart... and you must tie them as a sign upon your hand, and they must serve as a frontlet band between your eyes; and you must write them upon the doorposts of your house and on your gates." (Deuteronomy 6:4-9)

So the words of the Law covenant was to be symbolically marked on an Israelite's hand and forehead, reminding them of the covenant.

By contrast, the second wild beast looks like a lamb (Christ) but is described later on as a "false prophet" (Rev 19:19), that misleads the earth through signs.

For a false prophet to deceive, it has to act as if it is righteous and sent by God, for a prophet acts as a spokesperson for God.

I would suggest to you that the Papacy is the fulfillment of the "second wild beast".

It arose from the Church and eventually gained power in the heart of the first wild beast (the Roman empire), even acquiring a kingdom. Plus, it created the "Holy" Roman Empire (which endured for about 1,000 years), as an image of the former Roman empire.

It eventually acquired sufficient power to impose a sham version of the Law covenant on the population of Europe (hence the mark in the forehead and hand, in imitation of Deuteronomy 6), to the point where one had to pay a tithe to the Church, and one could not buy or sell unless one was obedient to the Church.

The Papal power called down fire from heaven in the form of Papal bulls, which literally had the power to shut down kingdoms, give authority for one kingdom to conquer another, and cause even kings to quake. (One king even stood in the snow to obtain forgiveness from the Pope!)

In my opinion (and the opinion of Iranaeus, a church father of the 2nd century), 666 equates to LATEINOS, or Latins, which describes the 4th kingdom of Daniel's statue in Daniel chapter 2 - the kingdom of the Romans. Despite the fact that the Roman empire eventually broke up (first into two, and later into "ten horns", or kingdoms), it was the church of Rome that eventually grew to dominate Europe, during the period we now refer to as the Dark Ages, where questioning the Church meant being burned at the stake.

Fortunately, the power of Rome (Babylon) has been broken, and she will likely be cast down like a millstone at Har-Magedon.

So the key to understanding the mark of the beast is to realize that it was an imitation of Deuteronomy 6, i.e. an imitation Law covenant.

I know a lot of people are keen to wonder what it could be (future tense), but I am suggesting it has already happened, and that lots of people at the time were sufficiently aware of it that they helped bring about that system's downfall.

My Blog: The Prophetic Word

Latest post: Daniel 9 And The Seventy (70) Weeks - How Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy was fulfilled.
04-13-2008 11:13 PM
draka
Omnia mutantur nihil interit

Once again we have to look at the actual language in it's raw form. In this case, as mentioned before the word means a literal mark. charagma is the word used for mark in this case. (a scratch or etching, that is, stamp (as a badge of servitude), or sculptured figure (statue): - graven, mark.)(ref. e-sword from Strong's) Though we see a lot of symbology in the Bible, especially in Revelations, this does seem to be imho something that would be needed to be seen. Especially with the way that people think. A symbol means everything. Look at the swastika, pentangle and cross, as three examples. People make assumptions about folks who wear symbols such as these, and people wear them with intents in mind, usually. And in many cultures tattoos are things of power or religious significance. It wouldn't be a stretch for people to get a symbol or something through worship of something.

Servatis a periculum, servatis a maleficum
04-14-2008 01:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Wibble
Back Now

draka Wrote:
Once again we have to look at the actual language in it's raw form. In this case, as mentioned before the word means a literal mark. charagma is the word used for mark in this case. (a scratch or etching, that is, stamp (as a badge of servitude), or sculptured figure (statue): - graven, mark.)(ref. e-sword from Strong's)

But you have to bear in mind that all words have a literal meaning. If you look up any word in Strong's or anywhere else it will give you a literal meaning rather than a symbolic one.

The whole point of symbolic writing is to present something that has a literal meaning and use it to re-present something else.

draka Wrote:
Though we see a lot of symbology in the Bible, especially in Revelations, this does seem to be imho something that would be needed to be seen.

But it is God who will judge us on the basis of whether of not we bear the mark of the Beast. So why does it need to be seen by humns?

draka Wrote:
Especially with the way that people think. A symbol means everything.

In my opinion this is the whole point. A strong distinction was drawn between the Law Covenant and the New Covenant. Under the Law Covenant, Israel repeatedly showed its determination to worship by sight and not by faith. This is the problem with our fallen flesh. The Law Covenant made our weaknesses manifest and this was one of the greatest of them.

Humans like things they can touch and see. That is why so many - who call themselves Christian - like to use crosses. It gives them a 'symbol' of their faith. You can touch it, put it in your pocket, hang it round your neck. People like to do these things.

However God is a spirit and requires we worship him as such. Therefore we need faith.

Faith

NWT Wrote:
(Hebrews 11:1-2)
1 Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.
2 For by means of this the men of old times had witness borne to them. . .

So faith is a sure belief in that for which there is evidence but which cannot be seen. Therefore we are told to worship by faith and not by sight.

NWT Wrote:
(2 Corinthians 5:6-7)
6 We are therefore always of good courage and know that, while we have our home in the body, we are absent from the Lord,
7 for we are walking by faith, not by sight. . .

So right now, and over the last 2000 years, Satan has directed much effort in encouraging people to 'worship by sight' rather than 'by faith'. Satan encourages us to need tangible real things to cling on to. This is one reason people like to cling on to idols and other forms of physical imagery.

draka Wrote:
Look at the swastika, pentangle and cross, as three examples. People make assumptions about folks who wear symbols such as these, and people wear them with intents in mind, usually. And in many cultures tattoos are things of power or religious significance. It wouldn't be a stretch for people to get a symbol or something through worship of something.

All through history Satan's worshippers have used physical symbols. Crosses, Sun symbols, Stars, Moons etc... Jehovah is nothing like that.

Remember: The Revelation is written from God's point of view, not Satan's. It is Jehovah's view that those who worship the beast have the mark of the beast on their foreheads.

Revelation is not telling us that the 144,000 on Mount Zion have physical marks on their foreheads. It is a sign telling us that Jehovah has judged them as belonging to God. They think God's thoughts, not mans.

Similarly the mark on the foreheads of those worshipping the Beast are not physical marks. They are a sign telling us that Jehovah has judged them as belonging to Satan. They think man's thoughts not God's.

Revelation is full of signs and we need to avoid our fleshly tendency to want to read them literally. We MUST worship through faith and not by sight.

Satan is trying to tempt us into ignoring what the Bible says and to encourage us into believing only what we see and not what we can't see.

So I rather suspect Satan might well begin putting physical stamps on peoples foreheads. Just to trick those who read the Revelation into looking for a physical interpretation. Despite the fact that Jesus himself tells us that Revelation is written in signs:

NWT Wrote:
(Revelation 1:1)
1 A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent forth his angel and presented [it] in signs through him to his slave John. . .

However consider this. Satan and the Governments of this world have the power to put physical marks on whom so ever they choose. If they wanted to they could tie you down and tattoo 666 right there on your forehead.

Will that mean that God will put you to death at Armageddon? No!! God will not judge you by the physical mark tattooed upon your forehead by the fascist regime!

God has ALWAYS judged people by the condition of their hearts. He has NEVER judged people by virtue of any aspect of their physical condition.

To suggest that the mark of the Beast is a physical mark is to suggest that Jehovah will judge people based on a physical attribute and not their spiritual attributes.

Never may that happen!!

We will NOT be judged on weather or not we have a tattoo on our foreheads but we WILL be judged by what we think. Do we think God's thoughts or mans?

We will NOT be judged on weather or not we have a tattoo on our hands but we WILL be judged by what we do. Do we do God's will or mans?

You know I suspect that at the final part of the time of the end, the only people with tattoos on their foreheads might well be Jehovah's chosen people. I can just see Gog getting the Governmental powers to force righteous ones to bear such a physical mark.

Will bearing such a physical mark make one wicked? No! The spiritual condition of the heart is the ONLY thing that determines weather or not you are wicked.

It is the ONLY basis upon which you will be judged.

04-14-2008 06:17 AM
Beau Wetini
Me and my boy at the beach!

Hey Wibble!! :clap:

Hows it going mate? :hug:

Wibble Wrote:
Will bearing such a physical mark make one wicked? No! The spiritual condition of the heart is the ONLY thing that determines weather or not you are wicked.

It is the ONLY basis upon which you will be judged.

I must say, my brother -->

Bravo! :thumbsup:

May LOVE be with you!

your bro -- beau! :friends::friends::friends:

LIVE THE KINGDOM NOW!!

04-14-2008 12:16 PM
Cirruswing
Student of Life

People these days have been conditioned in a sense to do what they are told or to keep up with the trend, I'm sure a mark could come in many forms and as long as the public had it explained how "the mark is good" and how "anyone who does not have it is bad", could be easily led into following what they were told to. :assimilation:

The nature of modern day society seems to be that people on a whole want their lives to continue on as "normal" and if they were outcast or thought down upon because they did not follow what they viewed as a trend, life would be allot easier for them if they were to be branded along with everyone else, and in their minds safe in away from the fear that grips them to not belong anywhere.

If the world stage where to suddenly say for what ever reason that people needed a new way to be identified or even if something biblical were to occur, people would refuse to see it because that would threaten what they view as Normalcy, and normalcy is seen hand in had with comfort and stability. In my view I could see how such a mark could easily be forced into main stream acceptance.

People who may not be fully aware of there religion if they did choose one, may not want to believe or acknowledge something of that magnitude because that would compromise there internal personal belief structure. People today have a hard time dealing with the thought that there own world could be turned upside down or inside out from what they are used too at any given time and would go to any means just about to protect it so they do not have to truly face what the world is becoming or themselves. And because of that fewer and fewer people seem to be standing up against things.

Few today in our culture would even know what such a Mark would be until it were in a sense too late, it would spread like the wildfire it was intended too. Some people would rather deny the belief, faith or fact (which ever you choose) that God exists, then believe or prepare for the Devil knocking on your door step, because it would be easier. It's almost like to proverbial feared Salesman that comes to call with "an offer you can't refuse", things look pretty good from that infamous Mountain Top especially if there is a tainted spin on it. But the mountain doesn't look so good when your "deal" falls through and you end up falling off the other side. All it would take is a little push.

:heartbeat:Cirruswing: "The universe does not ask that we achieve the impossible, only that we try.":rose:
04-21-2008 01:25 PM
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Group: Moderator

Hello there draka ... :hibye:

Wibble makes some very good points about our hearts being what Jehovah looks at and judges accordingly ... :thumbsup:

That being said however ... ;) aah here she goes ... :funnyface:

Is this 'mark' a 'symbolic' or something that is presented as a 'sign' ...? :dontknow:

It would seem to me that TWO things are done with respect to people and the 'mark' ...

Those who will have it WILLINGLY ... and those who may have it thrust upon them perhaps through no fault of their own as wibble says ...

I cannot help but reflect upon what the BIBLE says at Rev. 14:9-12 ...

(EMTV) 9 Then another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the Beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand,
10 then he shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out undiluted in the cup of His wrath. And they shall be tormented with fire and brimstone before the holy angels and before the Lamb.
11 And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, those who worship the Beast and his image, and anyone who receives the mark of his name."

So, to me it would seem 'receiving the mark' may be a 'two-part' kind of thing ... one would show that they received this mark WILLNGLY by OPENLY WORSHIPPING the wild beast ...

However, if someone were to receive it by what it says in says Rev. 13:16...

(Darby) And it causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free and the bondmen, that they should give them a mark upon their right hand or upon their forehead;

(CEV) All people were forced to put a mark on their right hand or forehead. Whether they were powerful or weak, rich or poor, free people or slaves,

(NWT) 16 And it puts under compulsion all persons, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free and the slaves, that they should give these a mark in their right hand or upon their forehead,

So, if this mark were 'forced' on people, beyond their control, then Jehovah's mercy would come into play I am sure ... :love:

To me the scriptures seem to be saying that it is those that 'receive mark' AND WORSHIP the wild beast that will receive the adverse judgment ...

Those who DO NOT worship this wild beast will indeed have their faith tested to the extreme ...

Rev. 14:12 ...

(ASV) Here is the patience of the saints, they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

(CEV) God's people must learn to endure. They must also obey his commands and have faith in Jesus.

Another factor to consider IMHO as to think that this mark may be a 'literal' mark (as draka's definition seems to indicate) is the 'buying and selling' issue ...

Rev. 13:17 ...

(NWT) 17 and that nobody might be able to buy or sell except a person having the mark, the name of the wild beast or the number of its name.

(ASV) and that no man should be able to buy or to sell, save he that hath the mark, even the name of the beast or the number of his name.

A good question to ponder I think wibble would be ...

If the 'mark' was just a 'symbolic' one ... something of the heart ... then WHAT would we show that would enable us TO 'buy or sell' ... people can't read hearts ... perhaps it would be a visible indicate of some sort ... like people saluting a 'heil hitler' sign a VISIBLE indication that one ACCEPTED and WORSHIPPED the image of the wild beast ... or a 'mark etched' somewhere ...?

Now, one last thought ... :love:;)

wibble you quoted Rev. 1:1 ...

1 A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent forth his angel and presented [it] in signs through him to his slave John.

Since you bolded the 'presented it in signs' part, and indeed I myself have always thought of this verse in this way myself, I for some reason decided to look it up in my esword for the Greek wording :read: ... and found something interesting ... :huh: :scratchhead:

I was surprised to see NO MENTION of the word 'signs' ... :shocked::shocked:

Here is the wording ...

(ALT) [The] revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to Him to show to His slaves what [things are] necessary to occur with quickness. And He made [it] known, having sent through His angel to His slave John,

(BBE) The Revelation of Jesus Christ which God gave him so that his servants might have knowledge of the things which will quickly take place: and he sent and made it clear by his angel to his servant John;

(ASV) The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show unto his servants, even the things which must shortly come to pass: and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John;

It SEEMS then, that the expression ... presented it ... IN SIGNS ... may be an addition to the NWT?

The only word that I thought might have 'signs' as a part of it was 'signified' and so I looked up the meaning of it and it is this ...

sēmainō say-mah'ee-no

From σῆμα sēma (a mark; of uncertain derivation); to indicate: - signify.

So, if the Revelation that was given to John was to 'signify' or 'indicate' what was to happen during the last days ... does this then not imply that it would not necessarily be all in 'signs' ... that there would be LITERAL and PICTORIAL applications?

In any event, we will need to indeed pay attention to the world scene and worship NO ONE except our heavenly Father and never deny our Lord!

It will mean VERY HARD TIMES ahead for true worshippers ... but we CAN survive it!!

I cannot help but think of 3 Hebrews when I read Revelation ...

They were FORCED or HAD to go to the place of worship ... but they DID NOT BOW DOWN to the image ... and it was THIS that caused them to be thrown into the firey furnace ... :shocked::(

May we be as loyal and true to our God and his Son as they!! :thumbsup::friends:

Luv as always BR :sheepy: :bouncyhearts:

http://bruisedreednotbroke.blogspot.com
04-26-2008 01:14 PM
Totaldismay

The unclean inspired expresions from three.

The word inspiration comes by way of the Latin and the King James translations of the Greek word θεοπνευστος (theopneustos, literally, "God-breathed")

The Dragon . His throne > governements

The False Prophet > the false light of truth > Religon that blocks the way to the Kingdom

The beast that recieves power from the dragon > Mass following as it seems that evryone is doing the same thing.

This beast is from the sea of mankind... the reverse of babylon. all languages and peoples.

Revelation 13:2
And the beast which I saw was like a leopard, and his feet were like those of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion And the dragon gave him his power and his throne and great authority.

Revelation 17:13
"These have one purpose, and they give their power and authority to the beast.

So Satans already reigning Kings gave their power to the beast first and the Kings to come also gave their power to the beast.

We are in the times of the kings to come.
Lies, deception, oneness at all costs, Live thru laws not change of heart, We must have faith and trust in our christ that he will be the change in us. Otherwise we have recieved the mark already as far as I can tell.
We are mental captives of the beast. a perpetuating cycle that changes nothing. Love is the last stop to break the cycle.

The mark of his name deciever, liar, father of the lie

All those who LOVE the LIE perish.

04-26-2008 02:53 PM
NewTruth

Quote:
This beast is from the sea of mankind... the reverse of babylon. all languages and peoples.

Hello TD :hibye:

The reverse of Babylon?? Hmm.. I think the beast is a corrupt governmental system in Babylon. Babylon is thus the corrupt land that comes a result of a corrupt government.. what do you think?:drinking:

04-26-2008 10:59 PM
Totaldismay

Sorry NT,

for my confusing statement. I meant bable, how they were dispersed by confusion of language. And this is now the reverse. they are brought together as one. "he gatthers them together with one thought / mind"

Thanks for catching that!!!!

PS the corruption is in thier heart and is manifested thru the beasts rule.

04-27-2008 01:35 PM
ablebodiedman

ablebodiedman Wrote:

ablebodiedman Wrote:

warmthofthesun Wrote:
Hi Draka,

What I was trying to get across is that both marks symbolize something. They are not a material mark. God isn't worried about what we use to do our shopping. The beast mark is attained by following the kingdoms of the earth and sinful nature. The mark of the Father and the Son is attained by following them and not living to the fleshly nature -- living for his kingdom.

People are strongly deluded by waiting around for these marks to make an appearance on earth, when for the last 2000 years they have been a reality.  

This is why we see in Revelation 20 that those that do not accept the mark reign with Christ. Now it seems obvious then that the mark and the beast must stretch longer than some 3 year period or else none of the saints that have lived before would reign with Christ.

Andrew

wots,

I like your way of thinking about the mark.

Revelation reveals what has already been said in the bible through symbols.

A symbolic mark in the forehead can best be obtained by making a vow of loyalty to the wild beast. This vow provides veneration and worship to the wild beast. We should be very carefull about getting this mark. Did Jesus Christ say there was anything we should be carefull about in the gospels?

He said :

Satan would sow weeds inside of his Kingdom.
We should be carefull about being gathered together by false signs.
We should not eat and drink with drunkards.

If Satan was to sow weeds inside of God's true Kingdom and those weeds were successfull then the true Kingdom would become wild.

A wild beast.

If Satan was to overcome the true kingdom in such a way that worship would still continue would it be true worship or would the persons now be worshipping Satans wild beast?

How about if Satan could get the participants in this Kingdom to continue selling and others buying the false idea that they were engaging in proper worship when in fact they were not? Perhaps selling the idea door to door and buying more persons with it.

He would have removed the constant feature of worship and replaced it with something else.

That would be an unrighteous deception wouldn't it?

Perhaps Satan could get the entire Kingdom do disobey God without them even realizing it. If Satan was able to successfully do this then a righteous person would consider that perhaps these deceived persons might not be completely lucid, or ............. drunkards.

Could Satan have a more malicious motive for sowing weeds in among the wheat? The same motive he had in the Garden of Eden.

Satan has been able to get people to make a supposed baptismal vow to "God's Spirit Directed Organization".

If this disobeys Jesus Christ's commandment regarding baptism then the person now has a mark with the name of the wild beast.

So what is the name given in the vow?

"God's Spirit Directed Organization".

An organization usually requires commitees or groups of men in order to be organized.

So how is "God's Spirit Directed Organization" organized?

Certainly it is by numbers of men?

A man's number.

What is the number of men used to organize "God's Spirit Directed Organization"?

Anyone know the answer?

ablebodiedman

Looks like Rus Virgil has already answered this question in a post above.

I should be reading these things more carefully!

Here it is quoted:

Quote:
Rus Virgil: ....  So, let us see how we can find this number. At page 109 of the book “Jehovah's witnesses, proclaimers of God's Kingdom”, in the second paragraph the following appear: “Starting with 1 st January 1976 all the activities of the Watch Tower Society and of all the congregations of Jehovah's witnesses in the entire world have entered under the supervision of six administrative committees of the government corps. (And here we have the first six) Then, we read on: “In accordance with this measure, on 1 st February 1976 a similar modification took place in every branch of the society. (And this is the second six) Then, going down to the third step – the congregation we observe that there is a committee, which handles all the problems of the congregation. This committee is formed out of six members (and here is the third six) with the following functions and responsabilities: 1 – president; 2 – secretary; 3 – accountant; 4 – the supervisor of the minister school; 5 – the supervisor of the ministry service; 6 – the person who is in charge of the literature department. All these together represent the number 666.

The name of the wild beast: "God's spirit directed organization"

It's number is a man's number. The number of men used to organize "God's spirit directed organization".

The number of it's name:    666

WOW

Thanks Rus Virgil!

That is amazing !

Isaiah 66
14 And YOU will certainly see, and YOUR heart will be bound to exult, and YOUR very bones will sprout just like tender grass. And the hand of Jehovah will certainly be made known to his servants, but he will actually denounce his enemies.”

ablebodiedman

This thread is nearly four years old yet in my opinion is one of the most profound things anyone can find on the entire Internet.

Thanks for helping me out rus virgil.

In Christ

abe

the spiritual man examines all things

Jehovah's Witnesses - The Bible Report
The Unforgivable Sin
02-25-2011 11:14 AM
rus virgil

ablebodiedman Wrote:

This thread is nearly four years old yet in my opinion is one of the most profound things anyone can find on the entire Internet.

Thanks for helping me out rus virgil.

In Christ

abe

I have to say again , all thanks are to be directed to Jehovah God and His Son !

And regarding myself, speaking the truth is my duty ( I did nothing more)
In doing this, "I have done that which my duty to do"
as it is written in
Luke 17:
10. Even so ye also, when ye shall have done all the things that are commanded you, say,
We are unprofitable servants; we have done that which it was our duty to do.

In Christ,
rus v.

08-30-2011 05:29 AM
Pages (10): « First < Previous 6 7 8 9 [10] Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites