Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Aid To Bible Understanding
Bangalore

Group: Registered Plus
Aid To Bible Understanding

Here is a link where you can download the Bible Encyclopedia "Aid To Bible Understanding" in PDF format.

http://www.jwsupportforum.com/index.php?topic=791.0

Warm Christian Love
Bangalore

"While producing people who were outwardly moral, they subverted the essential qualities of humility, compassion and mercy." - Raymond Franz
http://www.spiritualbrother.blogspot.com/
10-08-2008 04:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
smoldering wick
ratio est radius divini luminus

Group: Moderator
RE: Aid To Bible Understanding

Thank you Bangalore. A rich resource indeed to a connection lost. :giverose::read:
:heartbeat:sw

"What cannot be understood is no object of belief.” Isaac Newton.
----------------------------------------------------------------
"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false face for the urge to rule it.” H. L. Mencken
10-09-2008 01:56 AM
Find all posts by this user
brendan

Group: Registered

Hi Bangalore,

Thanks a lot! When I first saw the link, I said to myself 'I must have that on the Watchtower CD' but it seems that it is not on it. Maybe they view it as a kind of apostate Insight On The Scriptures!

Regards,
Brendan.

10-09-2008 02:54 PM
gogh
Participator

Pertaining to the book Aid To Bible Understanding; it is interesting that on page 538 under the heading "Eve"/"BIRTHS OF CHILDREN"; states:

" Later she gave birth to Abel as well at to other sons
and daughters . At the age of 130 another son was born
to her . Eve called his name Seth, saying :..."

At the heading "Seth" (page 1472), the statement is made that Adam was 130 when Seth was born...

"SETH [appointed, substituted] . The son of Adam
and Eve born when Adam was 130 years old . Eve
named him Seth because, as she said,..."

The Aid book states both Adam and Eve were of the same age. Why is it the Society later expressed not knowing when Eve was created? (especially with regard to the 1975 expectation/s).

gogh

"......."This is my Son, whom I have chosen. Keep listening to him!" Luke 9:35
10-09-2008 06:27 PM
Bangalore

brendan Wrote:
Hi Bangalore,

Thanks a lot! When I first saw the link, I said to myself 'I must have that on the Watchtower CD' but it seems that it is not on it. Maybe they view it as a kind of apostate Insight On The Scriptures!

Regards,
Brendan.

Well Ray Franz had a role in the compiling of this book. And Ray is generally considered to be an apostate in the Watchtower world. Perhaps that is why it is no longer published and has been replaced with the Insight volumes.

Warm Christian Love
Bangalore

"While producing people who were outwardly moral, they subverted the essential qualities of humility, compassion and mercy." - Raymond Franz
http://www.spiritualbrother.blogspot.com/
10-10-2008 06:44 AM
Tessa
A mere messenger

Hi Gogh,

How interesting about Eve's age. Do you know if they (WT) ever admitted to their error?

I'm also thinking that it suited them at the time. Like you said it was handy at the time leading to the 1975 fiasco.

Regards,
Tessa

The angel of Yahweh encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them.
Psalms 34:7
10-11-2008 02:27 AM
wolfie

gogh Wrote:
Pertaining to the book Aid To Bible Understanding; it is interesting that on page 538 under the heading "Eve"/"BIRTHS OF CHILDREN"; states:

At the heading "Seth" (page 1472), the statement is made that Adam was 130 when Seth was born...

The Aid book states both Adam and Eve were of the same age. Why is it the Society later expressed not knowing when Eve was created? (especially with regard to the 1975 expectation/s).

gogh

actually, regarding that I had a circuit overseer tell me once out in field service that 1975 was Wrong because they didn't know how long Adam had been alone in the Garden before Eve's creation and they forgot to factor that in.... :whistle:

''In the midst of winter I finally learned that in me there was an invincible summer.'' Albert Camus

''live simply, speak kindly, love unconditionally''
10-11-2008 07:47 AM
smoldering wick
ratio est radius divini luminus

Page 1100 Aid to Bible Understanding—under MAN—Heb., ‘a •d ham’, human or earthling (the generic term for mankind) ; ‘ish, man, a person or individual, a male, a husband ; ‘enosh’, a mortal man ; qe’ver, a physically strong or able-bodied man ; sakhar’, a male ; a few other Hebrew words are also sometimes translated “man .” Gr ., an’thro •pos, man (generic) ; a •n er’, a man, a male person, a husband ; also some other Greek terms Wrote:
Testifying to man’s creation by Jehovah God, the apostle Paul told the Athenians : “He made out of one man every nation of men, to dwell upon the entire surface of the earth .” (Acts 17 :26) Hence, all nations and races have a common origin . There are no actual records of ancient man, his writing, agriculture, and other pursuits, extending into the past before 4026 (or 4027) B.C .E ., the date of Adam’s creation. According to Bible chronology, 6,000 years of man’s history will end about 1974 or 1975 C .E .—See ABRAHAM (Sojourn in Canaan)

Since the Scriptures outline man’s history from the very creation of the first human pair, there can be no such thing as “prehistoric man .” Fossil records in the earth provide no link between man and the animals. Then, too, there is a total absence of reference to any subhumans in man’s earliest records, whether these be written documents, cave drawings, sculptures or the like . The Scriptures make clear the opposite, that man was originally a son of God and degenerated. (1 Ki . 8 :46 ; Eccl. 7 :20 ; 1 John 1 :8-10) Archaeologist O . D. Miller has observed : “The tradition of the ‘golden age,’ then, was not a myth . The doctrine of a subsequent decline, of a sad degeneracy, of the human race from an original state of happiness and purity, undoubtedly embodied a great but lamentable truth . Our modern philosophies of history which begin with the primeval man as a savage, evidently need a new introduction . No, the primeval man was not a savage.”-Har-Moad.

The Bible reveals that man’s original home was “a garden in Eden.” (Gen . 2 :8 ; see EDEN No. 1 .) Its indicated location is relatively near the place of mankind’s early post-Flood civilization . The view generally accepted by scholars is expressed by P. J. Wiseman as follows : “All the real evidence we have, that of Genesis, archaeology, and the traditions of men, points to the Mesopotamian plain as the oldest home of man . Far Eastern civilization, whether Chinese or Indian, cannot compete with this land in the antiquity of its peoples, for it can easily sustain its claim to be the cradle of civilization .”—New Discoveries in Babylonia About Genesis, p . 28 .

Interesting what was said concerning the uncertainty of 1975. I wouldn't doubt this fueled some of the tension between Raymond and Uncle Fred.:readthis:

Oh well :read:
As the saying goes: Keep the faith!

sw

"What cannot be understood is no object of belief.” Isaac Newton.
----------------------------------------------------------------
"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false face for the urge to rule it.” H. L. Mencken
10-11-2008 09:30 PM
veritas re
truth seeker

True confessions - -

I loaned out my original edition Aid book some years ago when I was still a straight-up JW. Don't know why I did that - because I read it regularly mostly cover to cover - and I highly valued it.

After reading In Search Of Christian Freedom by RF - and discovering that RF, Ed Dunlap, and some others that I admire wrote much of the Aid book - one mind numbing Sunday WT study whilst the Cong was spiritually and otherwise fast asleep I crept into the KH library and I swiped the sole copy of Aid! Would Heaven help me?

:shocked:

Thankfully - "JG" - a highly valued spiritual reptoid faithful sister and garage-saler friend o' mine found a copy of Aid at a used bookstore somewhere in Montana and sent it to me - so that I could return the stolen copy of Aid and thus repent of my sins…

Fyi – the “Chronology” section of Aid was researched and written by RF and is a very good read after reading the book The Gentile Times Reconsidered by Carl Olaf Jonssen.

Aid To Bible Understanding is largely a retro truth work - that should be re-looked at.

v r

"...and YOU will know the truth, and the truth will set YOU free."
01-14-2010 02:17 AM
Susanna

Dear vr
I feel as you do about the volume,"" Aid to Bible Understanding."":)

The two volumes of "" Insight"" were to replace the, "" Aid to Bible Understanding.""

We were to discard the Aid Volume because Raymond Franz and friends had a hand in it,
So like a fool I got rid of mine also. :thinking:

While my eyes were still good I was always drawn to the Aid to Bible Understanding volume.
To make the Insight volumes seem like more info was added. all they did was add pictures, maps and the print a little bigger, not to mention what they may have changed. I was never drawn to those two volumes.

Well any way a older sister died , So I asked the family for her Aid volume, Was really happy to get it back.

The society did the same thing with the library DVD. Made a new one saying , it was updated when in reality a lot of scattered wheat like material was removed by discarding older publications.:detective:

Slowly but surely the Governing Body was in slaving the publishers.
Well any way that's how I see it.
speaking only for myself
susanna:grouphug:

Jehovah and one is a large army
01-14-2010 07:09 AM
ablebodiedman

veritas re Wrote:

True confessions - -

I loaned out my original edition Aid book some years ago when I was still a straight-up JW. Don't know why I did that - because I read it regularly mostly cover to cover - and I highly valued it.

After reading In Search Of Christian Freedom by RF - and discovering that RF, Ed Dunlap, and some others that I admire wrote much of the Aid book - one mind numbing Sunday WT study whilst the Cong was spiritually and otherwise fast asleep I crept into the KH library and I swiped the sole copy of Aid! Would Heaven help me?

Thankfully - "JG" - a highly valued spiritual reptoid faithful sister and garage-saler friend o' mine found a copy of Aid at a used bookstore somewhere in Montana and sent it to me - so that I could return the stolen copy of Aid and thus repent of my sins…

Fyi – the “Chronology” section of Aid was researched and written by RF and is a very good read after reading the book The Gentile Times Reconsidered by Carl Olaf Jonssen.

Aid To Bible Understanding is largely a retro truth work - that should be re-looked at.

v r

vr,

Sounds interesting.

I have never read it but will now keep my eye open at the garage sales.

An old book which I thoroughly enjoyed reading was "The New Creation" by Charles Russel, published in 1904.

I found it at a Salvation Army Store where I have also purchased many different hard copy bible translations usually for a dollar each or less.

He wrote it specifically for the anointed.

So if you are anointed, or even think you might be, then I suggest this book. It explains some of the weird stuff an anointed person can expect to experience. :shocked:

It can now be downloaded from here:

http://www.archive.org/details/TheNewCre...azeRussell

In Christ

abe

the spiritual man examines all things

Jehovah's Witnesses - The Bible Report
The Unforgivable Sin
01-14-2010 08:09 PM
Jualsy

gogh Wrote:

gogh

Adam was not created as a baby, so his age must have been determined when he was first created and built on from that time. Eve could well have been created to be the same age as Adam, but no one knows how long he had to wait for her.
Does it matter?..... when the light is getting brighter all the time.......mistakes have been made throughout the ages by imperfect man and most of them are recorded in Scripture.
The 1975 definition may well have been an error, but nothing has prevented true Christianity growing to cover the whole world (18 million at the last Memorial).
Witnesses were Bible Students at one time...they celebrated Xmas, went to war, took blood, smoked....things have changes as scriptural standards have become more clear.
No other religion is teaching the Truth that Christ taught....No One.
People who ask, seek and knock are those who will find it (Matthew 7v7)

07-06-2010 05:39 PM
Jualsy

ablebodiedman Wrote:

veritas re Wrote:

True confessions - -

v r

vr,

Sounds interesting.

I have never read it but will now keep my eye open at the garage sales.

An old book which I thoroughly enjoyed reading was "The New Creation" by Charles Russel, published in 1904.

I found it at a Salvation Army Store where I have also purchased many different hard copy bible translations usually for a dollar each or less.

He wrote it specifically for the anointed.

So if you are anointed, or even think you might be, then I suggest this book. It explains some of the weird stuff an anointed person can expect to experience. :shocked:

It can now be downloaded from here:

http://www.archive.org/details/TheNewCre...azeRussell

In Christ

abe

You can buy the 6 books written by Charles Taze Russell from the Bible Students organisation. I have had the set for years, and it is really interesting to realise how much things have changed as the light has got brighter.

07-06-2010 05:46 PM
gogh
Participator

Greetings and welcome Jualsy

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Regarding your statement: "...teaching the Truth that Christ taught....No One. People who ask, seek and knock are those who will find it"

Did our Lord Jesus teach others to put complete trust in men? This is what the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses do...(see Chapter three of "Organized To Accomplish Jehovah's Will" entitled: "Trusting The Faithful and Discreet Slave". Accepting/recognizing our Lord Jesus as our only mediator is of prime importance/significance, correct?

I appreciate your reference to Luke: 11:9..."..., Keep on asking, and it will be given YOU; keep on seeking, and YOU will find; keep on knocking, and it will be opened to YOU."...especially the instruction to keep on asking etc.

Take care Jualsy

Christian love,

gogh

"......."This is my Son, whom I have chosen. Keep listening to him!" Luke 9:35
07-06-2010 07:24 PM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites