Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Pages (4): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] Last »
One Flock One Shepherd
COMankind

Group: Registered Plus
RE: One Flock One Shepherd

BeginAgain Wrote:
COMankind ~

Wow, how astute of you to find this subtle misleading in the wording of the NWT's version! I love your insightful comments my brother. Thank you. Please, is there anything you could do with that scary avatar of yours, like get a new one? (smile)

In Christ,
BeginAgain

If you saw the whole image, it would probably be a little less scary..but now that you say it, I can see what you mean. I'll revisit Photoshop and build something soon. (actually, there you go, done)

Astute? Maybe I'm just good at conspiracy theories. I dont know about astute though. Thank you for the kind words however.

philia, COMankind

"The tent of God is with mankind" - Rev 21:3

04-26-2011 11:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Susanna

Hi all

I found this question on another board posted in 2009

>>>>>>>>>>>

Do you know if it is stated in any WT publication approximately how many Christians they thought were alive in the first century from 33CE onward who had the heavenly calling?

I found one web-site http://www.mb-soft.com/believe/txx/numberch.htm that estimates the number to be 500,000. Does that seem right? If so the 144,000 number would've been far exceeded back then. The only explanation could be is that not everyone back then was annointed (if the heavenly calling is still open today). So Jehovah didn't choose 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and so on. He would've had to pick and choose here and there to still have space open today

Based on that thinking some who lived in the first century could have an earthly hope. If they went with this thinking it could let them extend out the time period as well, thinking that there may be sometime before all 144,000 are chosen.

>>>>>>

I agree with the above .So again I ask just who are we,

We are who have found the truth of Gods word outside the WT organization.

I will stay with the above belief that we are the other sheep, the companions of the bride ,It was brought out in a post here a while back, this is also the time where we can all be candidates for the calling ,That's if we are reaching out for the heavenly calling .

We here have all accepted the New Covenant, thuu the shedding of Christ shed blood. Heavenly and earthly hope.

We are the ones Jesus said His Father was searching for, this would eliminate following man or a organization.

John 4:21-27 (New King James Version)
21 Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

susanna:grouphug:

Jehovah and one is a large army
04-30-2011 12:05 AM
Find all posts by this user
Interpretum
This Space For Rent

Hi Susanna

Susanna Wrote:
I found one web-site http://www.mb-soft.com/believe/txx/numberch.htm that estimates the number to be 500,000. Does that seem right? If so the 144,000 number would've been far exceeded back then. The only explanation could be is that not everyone back then was annointed (if the heavenly calling is still open today). So Jehovah didn't choose 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and so on. He would've had to pick and choose here and there to still have space open today

Or maybe there's a simpler solution... that the number 144,000 is not LITERAL, but SYMBOLIC.

After all, it is made up of 12 lots of symbolic 12,000's. If the number 12,000 is symbolic, why not the total number?

The more interesting question is... why 12,000?

Quote:
I agree with the above .So again I ask just who are we,

We are who have found the truth of Gods word outside the WT organization.

I will stay with the above belief that we are the other sheep, the companions of the bride ,It was brought out in a post here a while back, this is also the time where we can all be candidates for the calling ,That's if we are reaching out for the heavenly calling .

Yes, we are "other sheep"... but only because I think Jesus was talking about two groups - those from the Jews, and then those from the Gentiles, to become "one flock". I don't believe Jesus was distinguishing here between DESTINIES.

My Blog: The Prophetic Word

Latest post: Daniel 9 And The Seventy (70) Weeks - How Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy was fulfilled.
05-01-2011 05:53 PM
smoldering wick
ratio est radius divini luminus

Group: Moderator

Susanna Wrote:
I found one web-site http://www.mb-soft.com/believe/txx/numberch.htm that estimates the number to be 500,000. Does that seem right? If so the 144,000 number would've been far exceeded back then. The only explanation could be is that not everyone back then was annointed (if the heavenly calling is still open today).

Hi Susanna,

The website presumes everyone who declares themselves Christian is Christian. Also remember that Jesus said, "In the house of my Father there are many abodes ['mansions', 'dwellings,' 'rooms' ... whether heavenly or otherwise he never elaborated]" (John 14:2)

My guess is as good as anyone's including yours. I just don't get hung up on stats.

Cheers,

sw

"What cannot be understood is no object of belief.” Isaac Newton.
----------------------------------------------------------------
"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false face for the urge to rule it.” H. L. Mencken
05-01-2011 11:55 PM
Pages (4): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites