Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Alcohol Abuse
Ontheedge
Deborah

Group: Registered Plus
Alcohol Abuse

Hi Everyone:hibye:!

I'm reading my Sociology book and it has a picture of a homeless man with a bottle of gin/vodke(? its clear).

(this is not my homework, so don't think I'm cheating:funnyface:)

When we read the gospels there are numerous times when it says what kind of people would make it into the Kingdom of God. Included is the drunkard.

Now, I've thought about this through my own trials and tribulations. Has anyone anyone ever seen the comic or drawing rendition of a drunk person...then God gives Holy Spirit and the drunk stops being a drunkard and walks in "the way"? I have.

Well, I have the feeling that being a drunkard doesn't necessarily negate someone from entering the kingdom of God, in the harsh sense. I believe more in the sense that the Kingdom of God won't have these things in it. However, the drunkard in the previous description was chosen as a child of God means that God was already giving love and approval for something inside that particular soul. How people takes steps to change is to Gods liking and the individuals appreciation. I believe appreciation helps the Holy Spirit to create "good" in our life.

What I'm trying to get to..I don't think being a drunkard like the homeless person (who may have created his demise by alcohol or the alcohol could be anesthetizing his demise), necessarily prevents them from heaven on earth, do you?

I'm thinking that a real "drunkard" may be an attitude that is rebellious against spirit and other things I can't describe because its so abstract in my mind. This drunkenness may or may not include alcohol.

What do you think?

Love you, Debbie

PS. Take me out of the alcoholic drunkard equation, on a personal note (just in case anyone was wondering). God's helping me to stay strong and healthy:heartbeat:. Thank you for your prayers and support in my life.:grouphug: I'm so happy that God had mercy on me:love:.

It's just that I had an experience when I was trying to not self destruct. God's very Spirit told me I could/would be OK. This is one of the places I got to help me along:thumbsup:.

We may be suffering for a time but all things that belong to our Father will be bought back for Him. Be patient and have faith:pray: Learning to listen, patiently, for our deliverance.
08-23-2009 12:42 PM
Find all posts by this user
llee

RE: Alcohol Abuse

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (American Standard Version)

9 Or know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with men,

10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye were washed, but ye were sanctified, but ye were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Spirit of our God.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Good morning sis:

Being a "former" drunkard who still enjoys berry wine, the Scriptures are clear to me that it's ok to drink, just in moderation so you don't become a staggering, blubbering fool in need of lots of forgiveness from many. :redface: As long as i stay away from that "fire water", i do enjoy sipping my vino :D

Besides, i look forward to planting my own vineyard soon, Jah and Jesus willing.

Much Christian Love and Prayers to You, your family and ALL :grouphug::heartbeat:
sis

Psalms 68:11 "Jehovah himself gives the saying;
The women telling the good news are a large army."

"Every civilization learns what it needs to know, and the next one forgets it." Gil Grissom CSI

08-23-2009 01:58 PM
grateful

There are many scriptures which describe' spiritual drunakards'.'Babylon the Great' being one of the foremost. :read: So called ' Spiritual Leaders' who have become drunk, possibly, with the power they possess over the people who succumb to their 'spiritual ramblings'. Ramblings that make no sense to those who are 'spiritually awake' :dontknow: These drunkards, in my opinion, who are 'intoxicated' by their own selfish beliefs and longings, are the ones who won't enter the kingdom of God. :thinking: Just a thought.:thinking:
Agape,
Grateful :giverose:

08-23-2009 05:00 PM
JWHVACR
Older Man

Several years ago, in a local JW congregation, a body of elders put another elder on trial, accusing him of being an "alcoholic." Then they used a set of questions taken from a Readers Digest article to see if the brother met the criteria set out by the opinion of the person who wrote the article. Three affirmative answers suggested that you were.

One question was: Have you ever taken an alcoholic beverage to a party? (See John 2:6-11)

The second was: Have you ever stopped drinking alcoholic beverages for a period of time? (See Matthew 4:1, 2)

The third was: Do you regularly partake of alcoholic beverages? (See Luke 11:18, 19)

And they could have asked: Have you ever brought an alcoholic beverage into a Kingdom Hall? (See Matthew 26:27-29)

The point? It's easy to be too judgmental of the actions of others. (See Matthew 7:1-5)

"Our minds don't control our beliefs, our beliefs control our minds."
"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."
"Buying into someone's religious, philosophical, or political teachings is the point where you've decided to allow them to do your thinking for you."
12-19-2009 09:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
New Heart
Faithful and Truth

colossions 2:16
Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day--

Mark 7:19 because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and is eliminated?"

O LORD, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.
12-19-2009 01:22 PM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites