Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Letter of James from the Christian Syriac Scriptures
Stephen
Bible Researcher

Group: Registered Plus
Letter of James from the Christian Syriac Scriptures

Description: Letter of James from the Christian Syriac Scriptures, modern English edition of James Murdock's 1852 translation, with Divine Name restored according to the ancient Syriac text. :read:

http://sites.google.com/site/theocratics..._james.pdf

With warm Christian love,
Stephen

Kingdom Witness Online | tfjw.org - TFJWA
"Man only obeys blindly a faith adequate to its rational nature." -Michael Servetus.
"The endeavor to compel all men to think alike on all subjects, culminated in the great apostasy" (C.T. Russell)
10-05-2009 03:18 PM
Find all posts by this user
smoldering wick
ratio est radius divini luminus

Group: Moderator
RE: Letter of James from the Christian Syriac Scriptures

Stephen Wrote:
Description: Letter of James from the Christian Syriac Scriptures, modern English edition of James Murdock's 1852 translation, with Divine Name restored according to the ancient Syriac text. :read:

http://sites.google.com/site/theocratics..._james.pdf

Stephen

This should be required study along with advanced personal introspection, followed by a gruelling examination for everyone wishing to teach and shepherd the Lord's sheep (with even greater scrutiny than the Jewish leaders got who severely neglected the original flock of God). But knowing the structure of today's religions, who is there besides Christ to test such integrity?

Thank you so much Stephen!

Love,

sw

"What cannot be understood is no object of belief.” Isaac Newton.
----------------------------------------------------------------
"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false face for the urge to rule it.” H. L. Mencken
10-05-2009 05:05 PM
JWHVACR
Older Man

Unfortunately, the link doesn't work for me... too bad. Every reason to believe that both James and Jude wrote in Aramaic, their mother tongue, and their works were later translated into Greek.

Interesting Note: At James 2:2, he uses the Hebrew word SYNAGOGUE to describe the meeting place of Christians, as opposed to ECCLESIA, which refers to the body as a whole. And Paul used a conjugated form of synagogue (episynagogen) at Hebrews 10:24... so James didn't call it a Kingdom Hall.

"Our minds don't control our beliefs, our beliefs control our minds."
"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."
"Buying into someone's religious, philosophical, or political teachings is the point where you've decided to allow them to do your thinking for you."
10-25-2009 07:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Bangalore

JWHVACR Wrote:
Unfortunately, the link doesn't work for me... too bad. Every reason to believe that both James and Jude wrote in Aramaic, their mother tongue, and their works were later translated into Greek.

Interesting Note: At James 2:2, he uses the Hebrew word SYNAGOGUE to describe the meeting place of Christians, as opposed to ECCLESIA, which refers to the body as a whole. And Paul used a conjugated form of synagogue (episynagogen) at Hebrews 10:24... so James didn't call it a Kingdom Hall.

Try this link instead.

http://sites.google.com/site/theocratics...urdock.pdf

Warm Christian Love
Bangalore

"While producing people who were outwardly moral, they subverted the essential qualities of humility, compassion and mercy." - Raymond Franz
http://www.spiritualbrother.blogspot.com/
10-25-2009 07:43 AM
Stephen
Bible Researcher

JWHVACR Wrote:

JWHVACR, so sorry about that bad link. The link provided by Bangalore is the right one and is to the second edition - I neglected to update the link in my original post.

Bangalore, thank you. http://sites.google.com/site/theocratics...urdock.pdf

Stephen

"Man only obeys blindly a faith adequate to its rational nature." -Michael Servetus.
"The endeavor to compel all men to think alike on all subjects, culminated in the great apostasy" (C.T. Russell)
10-25-2009 03:21 PM
smoldering wick

Bangalore Wrote:
Try this link instead.

http://sites.google.com/site/theocratics...urdock.pdf

Warm Christian Love
Bangalore

Thank you Bangalore. Downloaded and on my netbook.
Love,
sw

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false face for the urge to rule it.” H. L. Mencken
10-25-2009 04:08 PM
Stephen
Bible Researcher

A third edition will be published by January 2010 with expanded footnotes containing other Syriac, Aramaic and Greek variants, cross references, etc. :read:

Warm Christian love,
Stephen

10-25-2009 09:11 PM
JWHVACR
Older Man

Stephen;

Just the observations of a translator who has found numerous such questionable texts in the OT:

James 5:7 says, "But, my brethren, be patient until the coming of Yahweh."

Because the particular text seems to be referring to the coming of Jesus (the Lord), the use of Yahweh here appears to be a translator's assumption of what should be there (taking references to "the lord" and translating them as Yahweh).

I have found numerous such mistakes in the NWT and in the Masoretic text. I am quite sure that the name of God didn't appear as many times in the OT text as some claim, although it appears there many times. If you are interested in my research, see the link Jehovah, and particularly the subheading "Uses in Hebrew Text Untrustworthy."

Jim

"Buying into someone's religious, philosophical, or political teachings is the point where you've decided to allow them to do your thinking for you."
11-12-2009 04:45 PM
egbert

JWHVACR Wrote:
Stephen;

Just the observations of a translator who has found numerous such questionable texts in the OT:

James 5:7 says, "But, my brethren, be patient until the coming of Yahweh."

Because the particular text seems to be referring to the coming of Jesus (the Lord), the use of Yahweh here appears to be a translator's assumption of what should be there (taking references to "the lord" and translating them as Yahweh).

I have found numerous such mistakes in the NWT and in the Masoretic text. I am quite sure that the name of God didn't appear as many times in the OT text as some claim, although it appears there many times. If you are interested in my research, see the link Jehovah, and particularly the subheading "Uses in Hebrew Text Untrustworthy."

Jim

Hi Jim!

According to Paul, Jesus is Jahweh (or has become Jahweh).
Philippians 2:9,11 explains this very well according the syriac version.

I think that Jesus and the Father share _everything_ including names.

In the Syriac (Aramaic) NT, Mar-Yah occurs 215 times!

SEcondly, I don't think that Jews would modify the OT just inserting JHWH in the text! (A few thousand times?)

It is a fact, Jesus said: "Nobody has seen the father!"
So, when Adam and Abraham spoke to JHWH, they clearly did NOT see the Father, but JHWH, who as an angel, came down.

According to some explanation, (too much to accept suddenly) JHWH is Jeshua/Jesus, while God, his Father is another superior being.

Anyway, in my bibletranslation, I FIRST refused to translate it, like it was written in the Syriac. Later on, there are too many writers, who 'confuse???' Jesus with JHWH?

Luke, Paul, Peter, James, etc.

01-02-2010 07:04 PM
JWHVACR
Older Man

egbert Wrote:
Hi Jim!

According to Paul, Jesus is Jahweh (or has become Jahweh).
Philippians 2:9,11 explains this very well according the syriac version.

Hello, my brother; Good to have you here.

I have a son who is also named Jim, and confusing us would lead to many problems. So he calls himself Jimmy.

01-03-2010 08:39 AM
veritas re
truth seeker

I really enjoyed the material on the http://www.KingdomWitness.com link and I hope everyone goes and checks it out. I agree with their general spirit - and that no group has all the truth – and I feel that this group in my view have succeeded in getting very close to what Jesus has in mind for worshipping the Father in spirit and truth. I wished them Well in keeping it together and to have success in not being morphed into yet another "organization"...

I had not heard of this group before - but they look to me as persons that I’d align with. I wonder if the affiliation in Atlanta, Georgia USA has links with Raymond Franz? I met RF and his wife in person - with a few of RF’s friends - some years ago and was extremely thrilled to say the least. At the time I was in transition from my WT programming and looking back – was somewhat rough around the edges - yet still they were so wonderful to me. RF invited me to his home for dinner with his wife Cynthia and 5-6 of their friends and to partake of the Memorial of Jesus' death 2002 - and I got to fellowship with them for a whole evening.

To this day I remain moved by the experience. But wherever our Journey of faith may lead us, with which ever group we are with that are being led by the Lord Jesus and the Father - we want to look for evidence of the spirit of God in our goings and comings.

Should we be able to ascertain when we are being moved by the spirit? I think yes.

v r

"...and YOU will know the truth, and the truth will set YOU free."
01-14-2010 01:11 AM
smoldering wick

veritas re Wrote:

I really enjoyed the material on the http://www.KingdomWitness.com link and I hope everyone goes and checks it out. I agree with their general spirit - and that no group has all the truth – and I feel that this group in my view have succeeded in getting very close to what Jesus has in mind for worshipping the Father in spirit and truth. I wished them Well in keeping it together and to have success in not being morphed into yet another "organization"...

I had not heard of this group before - but they look to me as persons that I’d align with. I wonder if the affiliation in Atlanta, Georgia USA has links with Raymond Franz? I met RF and his wife in person - with a few of RF’s friends - some years ago and was extremely thrilled to say the least. At the time I was in transition from my WT programming and looking back – was somewhat rough around the edges - yet still they were so wonderful to me. RF invited me to his home for dinner with his wife Cynthia and 5-6 of their friends and to partake of the Memorial of Jesus' death 2002 - and I got to fellowship with them for a whole evening.

To this day I remain moved by the experience. But wherever our Journey of faith may lead us, with which ever group we are with that are being led by the Lord Jesus and the Father - we want to look for evidence of the spirit of God in our goings and comings.

Should we be able to ascertain when we are being moved by the spirit? I think yes.

v r

Stephen used to post here quite often till last October. I sure hope the contentions of some didn't make him feel unwelcomed.

He and his son do a good job of publishing corrective thinking and are of the type I would feel comfortable worshipping with. They have done well not getting doctinally tangled and argumentative much like HomeChristians, of which I know Lewis Hrytzak, one of the major contributors.

There are many of these groups and I pray they will continue to be outreaches for the ones needing to make their exit from the WT.

sw

01-14-2010 05:47 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites