Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Bible Study Library
DCGi70

Group: Registered Plus
Bible Study Library

Any one interested in an excellent study tool look up this site.
http://www.biblestudylibrary.net
For $9.90 they offer a cd with countless reference books, videos and commentaries. Including Russel's books and reprints.

03-09-2010 06:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Group: Moderator
RE: Bible Study Library

Hey there DCG ...! :hibye:

Thanks for the link ... I will see if I can get my hubby to get this for me! :happyheart:

It looks like a veritable library at your keyboard!! :post:

Luv BR :sheepy: :bouncyhearts:

http://bruisedreednotbroke.blogspot.com
03-14-2010 10:30 PM
RR144
Bible Student

Yes, this item was produced by the Bible Students

We are called to be witnesses, not lawyers or judges.

03-14-2010 11:46 PM
DCGi70

Hello BR,

You're right, it has allot of information in it. I use it regularly.
A Chicago Bible Student was instrumental in gathering all of the information together, but because it has material which contradicts C.T. Russel in some areas, especially chronology, it is not approved for distribution by the Bible Students and therefore is distributed independently of them. That's the reason the publishers charge a nominal fee to cover the cost.
If you have any problems getting one, I have a few extra copies and would be happy to send you one.

In His service...
DCGi

03-15-2010 01:06 AM
RR144
Bible Student

DCGi70 Wrote:
A Chicago Bible Student was instrumental in gathering all of the information together, but because it has material which contradicts C.T. Russel in some areas, especially chronology, it is not approved for distribution by the Bible Students and therefore is distributed independently of them.

I wouldn't say that was entirely true. The "Berean Bible Studies" and the "Bible Students' Library" were also published independent of the Chicago Bible Students.

03-15-2010 05:41 PM
DCGi70

RR144 Wrote:

DCGi70 Wrote:
A Chicago Bible Student was instrumental in gathering all of the information together, but because it has material which contradicts C.T. Russel in some areas, especially chronology, it is not approved for distribution by the Bible Students and therefore is distributed independently of them.

I wouldn't say that was entirely true. The "Berean Bible Studies" and the "Bible Students' Library" were also published independent of the Chicago Bible Students.

That may be true, however, both of those publications are approved and distributed by the Chicago Bible Students and other Bible Students congregations. The Bible Study Library is not. It was voted on by the Bible Students as a publication not approved by them and therefore not distributed by them. You won't find it at any book tables at their conventions or on any approved Bible Student web site.
That's what I've been told directly by the publishers. If you have information to the contrary, I'd be glad to hear of it.

03-15-2010 06:17 PM
RR144
Bible Student

DCGi70 Wrote:
That may be true, however, both of those publications are approved and distributed by the Chicago Bible Students and other Bible Students congregations. The Bible Study Library is not. It was voted on by the Bible Students as a publication not approved by them and therefore not distributed by them. You won't find it at any book tables at their conventions or on any approved Bible Student web site.
That's what I've been told directly by the publishers. If you have information to the contrary, I'd be glad to hear of it.

While it is true that the Bible Study Library was not produced by the Chicago Bible Students, neither was the Berean Bible Studies and the Bible Students' Library.

As to the Bible Study Library having material that contradicts Pastor Russell? So does the Bible Students' Library.

I have seen them on convention tables. Remember, Bible Students do not have a central headquarters or a governing body, each ecclesia is independent, governing themselves. So each ecclesia decides for themselves what they will or will not distribute.

RR

03-15-2010 11:38 PM
DCGi70

While it is true that the Bible Study Library was not produced by the Chicago Bible Students, neither was the Berean Bible Studies and the Bible Students' Library.

As to the Bible Study Library having material that contradicts Pastor Russell? So does the Bible Students' Library.

I have seen them on convention tables. Remember, Bible Students do not have a central headquarters or a governing body, each ecclesia is independent, governing themselves. So each ecclesia decides for themselves what they will or will not distribute.

RR
[/quote]

The Bible Study Library was compiled by a member of the Chicago Bible Students. It is distributed by a private printing press owned by other members of the Chicago Bible Students.
The reason the Bible Students do not approve of this material is mainly because of two books that are included in it. "Time Prophecy" and "The Stream of Time", both written by David Rice. Most Bible Students consider these books to be "new chronology" not in harmony with C.T. Russel's chronology.
According to Russel, Christ's second presence or parusia occured in October of 1874, so did the end of 6000 yrs since man's creation and the start of the Millennium. According to David Rice the end of 6000 yrs from man's creation and the begining of the Millennium won't happen untill 2043AD.
That is the main bone of contention and the reason most congregations of Bible Students won't distribute the Bible Study Library.

03-16-2010 01:04 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites