Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] Last »
Did "the Lamb" eat lamb on Passover?
Resolute
politicus incorrectissimus in extremis

Group: Moderator
RE: Did "the Lamb" eat lamb on Passover?

Hey, my problem with the idea that Jesus and his disciples didn't have lamb at their meal is how this scripture in Luke 22:7-13 is worded.

"The day of the unfermented cakes now arrived, on which the passover [victim] must be sacrificed; and he dispatched Peter and John, saying: “Go and get the passover ready for us to eat.” They said to him: “Where do you want us to get [it] ready?”  He said to them: “Look! When YOU enter into the city a man carrying an earthenware vessel of water will meet YOU. Follow him into the house into which he enters. And YOU must say to the landlord of the house, ‘The Teacher says to you: “Where is the guest room in which I may eat the passover with my disciples?”’ And that [man] will show YOU a large upper room furnished. Get [it] ready there.” So they departed and found it just as he had said to them, and they got the passover ready."

It sounds like they did it the old fashioned way. To my ears it sounds like the passover (that must be sacrificed) was the lamb.

*note to Tami. In years past we've gathered with another family to share a meal, once with lamb patties, veggies and homemade flatbread along with red wine. :eat:

Then we carried on with the memorial later with leftover unleavened bread and red wine (organic of course...lol)

love,
rez:siskiss:

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one… – Edmund Burke
03-25-2010 01:33 PM
Find all posts by this user
Totaldismay

Group: Registered Plus

The way they had the flat bread and broke it and then hid a peice only to be found later leads to our Lord.

found on the net
Maror and chazeret — Bitter herbs, symbolizing the bitterness and harshness of the slavery which the Jews endured in Egypt.

Charoset — A sweet, brown mixture representing the mortar used by the Jewish slaves to build the storehouses of Egypt.

Karpas — A vegetable other than bitter herbs, which is dipped into salt water at the beginning of the Seder.

Z'roa — A roasted lamb or goat shankbone, chicken wing, or chicken neck; symbolizing the korban Pesach (Pesach sacrifice), which was a lamb that was offered in the Temple in Jerusalem,

Beitzah — A hard-boiled egg, symbolizing the korban chagigah (festival sacrifice) that was offered in the Temple in Jerusalem and roasted and eaten as part of the meal on Seder night

The seventh symbolic item on the Seder table is a plate of three whole matzot, which are stacked and separated from each other by cloths or napkins. The middle matzah will be broken and half of it put aside for the afikoman

Maybe this was of some interest to someone.

Christ Jesus as the symbolic Lamb free's us from the greater egypt of the world Forever that is the best part of the meal to me.

Hmmm Moses, Elijah and Jesus were in the tranfiguration?

03-25-2010 01:50 PM
justin

Melancholymuse Wrote:
Does anyone else do anything with lamb? (Since this thread, from the beginning, is NOT a vegetarian thread, lets keep the vegetarianism out of this, thank you)

Tami-

It has been forever since we have talked!

I have failed two years in a row at lamb so this year we are doing a pot roast. LOL. I have attempted to roast the lamb but I have had such troubles getting the temperature right and it cooked properly. Even now that I think back I hear the voice of Chef Gordon Ramsay yelling, "IT'S RAW - YOU DONUT!"

I do have have an excellent herbed flat bread recipe for those who don't consider baking power as leaven.

http://www.gourmet.com/recipes/2000s/200...pflatbread

P.s. for those that are interested. Best wishes trying to reconcile Matthew|Mark|Luke where Jesus ate the passover (lamb) with John where Jesus was killed before the passover. I gave up.

03-25-2010 01:56 PM
Melancholymuse
Christian

Oh my, raw lamb -- SCARY! :fear:

I have my dear hubby roast the leg of lamb -- I'm a pretty decent cook, but he's particular about roasted meats so that's his territory. :eat:

I never understood the adding of mint jelly on the plate though! :yuck:

Zeal for your house will consume me -- John 2:17 (HCSB)
03-25-2010 06:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Beau Wetini
Me and my boy at the beach!

e-magine Wrote:

digital_punk Wrote:
Maybe he ate hotdogs? :dontknow:

couldn't have dp. Dogs were unclean to the Jews.

Nah bro - dogs were unclean, but hotdogs were ok.

Hotdogs were the good looking dogs! :funnyface:

LIVE THE KINGDOM NOW!!

03-25-2010 06:41 PM
Willa
Peace, baby!

Group: Moderator

Quote:
Nah bro - dogs were unclean, but hotdogs were ok.

... only if they were kosher, though!
Funny that there are 2 :cat:cat:blackcat: emoticons, but no dog - or hotdog!

:heartbeat: You are my friends! I don't think it just by chance, but by God's Grand Design, that He has guided both our steps... to let your paths cross mine. :heartbeat:
03-25-2010 07:28 PM
e-magine
Disciple of Newness

I've noticed lately that most Hotdogs are really just dogs with a little extra relish. Or maybe my eyes are going bad. Nah.

Henry Ward Beecher-1872 Preacher of Plymouth Church, Brooklyn, in his home later bought by C.H. Russell.
He is looking at the Brooklyn Bridge,,,, is it the way into, or, out of Brooklyn for you?
03-25-2010 11:55 PM
Melancholymuse
Christian

e-magine Wrote:
Or maybe my eyes are going bad.

Nah, your eyes aren't going bad, they just don't make vision like they used to, LOL! :nerdy:

Zeal for your house will consume me -- John 2:17 (HCSB)
03-26-2010 08:00 AM
JWHVACR
Older Man

Resolute Wrote:
It sounds like they did it the old fashioned way. To my ears it sounds like the passover (that must be sacrificed) was the lamb.

Yes, the Passover lamb was sacrificed on Nisan 14... see the first post.

"Our minds don't control our beliefs, our beliefs control our minds."
"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."
"Buying into someone's religious, philosophical, or political teachings is the point where you've decided to allow them to do your thinking for you."
03-27-2010 11:11 AM
JWHVACR
Older Man

John 18:28 – Early the next morning, they led Jesus from CaiAphas’ [home] to the Governor’s Palace, but they didn’t go inside, because they didn’t want to become unclean so they could eat the Passover.

"Buying into someone's religious, philosophical, or political teachings is the point where you've decided to allow them to do your thinking for you."
08-26-2010 01:15 PM
e-magine
Disciple of Newness

Hi anja! Keep in mind that "getting the Passover (Lamb) ready", is a long process that could take more then 24 hours. Also, the Passover (celebration) is a 7 day event with 7 passover meals.

Henry Ward Beecher-1872 Preacher of Plymouth Church, Brooklyn, in his home later bought by C.H. Russell.
He is looking at the Brooklyn Bridge,,,, is it the way into, or, out of Brooklyn for you?
08-26-2010 01:19 PM
JWHVACR
Older Man

Exodus 12:5, 6: ‘So, choose a perfect male yearling lamb from [your herd] of lambs and kids, and keep it nearby until the fourteenth day of this month. Then the whole gathering of the children of Israel must slaughter [their lambs] toward the evening.' (Just before Nisan 15 started)

08-28-2010 06:05 AM
Janos

The Lamb could eat lamb, because in that time was two calendars and Passover date:
1.Old solar calendar and date - followed by a minority
2.New lunar calendar and date - followed by majority

http://hourglass2outpost.com/forum/index...ead&id=861
http://www.codexsinaiticus.org
08-28-2010 09:19 AM
Janos

Take a look here brothers:

"Even the Essene calendar was different. The Temple authorities maintained a lunar calendar; the Essenes followed a solar calendar, which consisted of exactly 52 weeks per year, that is, 364 days. According to this calendar, festivals always fell on the same day of the week. Thus, Rosh Hashanah (the Feast of Trumpets), Passover and the first day of Sukkot (the Feast of Tabernacles) always occurred on a Wednesday. The Essenes considered the solar calendar used by the Hasmoneans in the Temple, tied as it was to a 354-day lunar calendar, to be adulterated with Babylonian elements. For example, the names of the months-Nisan, Shevet, Adar, Tishri-were Babylonian. The difference in calendars created a terrible discrepancy in holiday observance, with the Temple authorities and the Essenes celebrating festivals on different days. This naturally created a sharp rift between the two groups."

http://www.centuryone.org/essene.html

http://hourglass2outpost.com/forum/index...ead&id=861
http://www.codexsinaiticus.org
08-28-2010 09:27 AM
Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites