Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Pages (4): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next > Last »
Justification - Being Declared Righteous
ablebodiedman

Group: Registered Plus
RE: Justification - Being Declared Righteous

Mavos,

Perhaps this will help you understand Romans:

Prior to Jesus Christs arrival, death and resurrection, what Jesus Christ said here was not possible:

Matthew 19:16-19
Now, look! a certain one came up to him and said: “Teacher, what good must I do in order to get everlasting life?” 17 He said to him: “Why do you ask me about what is good? One there is that is good. If, though, you want to enter into life, observe the commandments continually.” 18 He said to him: “Which ones?” Jesus said: “Why, You must not murder, You must not commit adultery, You must not steal, You must not bear false witness, 19 Honor [your] father and [your] mother, and, You must love your neighbor as yourself.”

Now it is possible!

It is a free gift of undeserved kindness!

Have faith!

Believe what Jesus Christ said!

observe the commandments continually

Do not treat his gift with contempt.

In Christ

abe

the spiritual man examines all things

Jehovah's Witnesses - The Bible Report
The Unforgivable Sin
11-24-2010 06:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
BethelBoy

Good luck ya old Law breaker.

James 2:10
For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

If you Live by the Law you will die by the Law.

Let's test it have you ever lied?
What does that make you? A Liar!

Have you ever stolen anything no matter how petty? A pencil from work,paper from the copier,an MP3 you didn't pay for,got more change back than you were due and didn't give it back?

What does that make you? A theif!

Every look at a woman as to desire her sexually? What does that make you? An Adulterer!

Get drunk? That would make you a Drunkard!

Get mad at people who cut you off? A Riviler!

Now here's the bad news!!!

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous(good luck getting around that one ), nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

So good luck as you say observe the commandments continually

BB:happyheart::heartbeat::happyheart:

ablebodiedman Wrote:
Mavos,

Prior to Jesus Christs arrival, death and resurrection, what Jesus Christ said here was not possible:

Now, look! a certain one came up to him and said: “Teacher, what good must I do in order to get everlasting life?” 17 He said to him: “Why do you ask me about what is good? One there is that is good. If, though, you want to enter into life, observe the commandments continually.” 18 He said to him: “Which ones?” Jesus said: “Why, You must not murder, You must not commit adultery, You must not steal, You must not bear false witness, 19 Honor [your] father and [your] mother, and, You must love your neighbor as yourself.”

Now it is possible!

Have faith!

In Christ

abe

http://www.uplook.org
http://www.voicesforchrist.org/order.html

Jesus sent him away, saying, 39 Return to your own house, and tell what great things God has done for you. And he went his way and proclaimed throughout the whole city what great things Jesus had done for him.

11-24-2010 08:47 PM
ablebodiedman

BethelBoy Wrote:

For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Have you ever stolen anything no matter how petty? A pencil from work,paper from the copier,an MP3 you didn't pay for,got more change back than you were due and didn't give it back?

Every look at a woman as to desire her sexually? What does that make you? An Adulterer!

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous(good luck getting around that one ), nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

ablebodiedman Wrote:
Mavos,

Now it is possible!

Have faith!

In Christ

abe

BethelBoy,

You don't like what Jesus Christ said take it up with him!

I did not make his commandments.

HE DID!

1 Peter 4:17-18
Now if it starts first with us, what will the end be of those who are not obedient to the good news of God? 18 “And if the righteous [man] is being saved with difficulty, where will the ungodly [man] and the sinner make a showing?

BethelBoy Wrote:
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?

The good news is that an unrighteous man can be declared righteous once he is baptised.

If he continually observes Jesus Christs commandments he can have everlasting life.

Do you really have faith?

Then believe what he said!

In Christ

abe

The Unforgivable Sin
11-24-2010 10:04 PM
BethelBoy

You err not knowing the Scriptures or the righteousness of God.

1st off there is no word "continually" in the passage

The Rich Young Ruler
16 And someone came to Him and said, "Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?"
17And He said to him, "Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments."

[ No Human (including this man ) has ever "kept the commandments" except for Jesus.

The law had a purpose to show us just how sinful we are and to lead sinners to the Saviour. ]

18Then he said to Him, "Which ones?" And Jesus said, "YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER; YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY; YOU SHALL NOT STEAL; YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS;

19 HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER; and YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

(How you doing with "loving your neigbour as yourself? Hope you Honor your mother and father as you say "continually" )

Just remember James words:For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.

( break ONE and be guilty of ALL )

20 The young man said to Him, "All these things I have kept; what am I still lacking?"

( there is no way the young man keep all these things )

ABE ABE ABE!!!! It is not a free gift for you since you are "continually" working for it.

You are going to try and stand before a Holy Holy Holy God and boast in how you "continually" kept the commandments and earned yourself eternal life GOOD LUCK.

PS Good luck think your KH baptism has made you "righteous"

This theif was near a drop of water yet what does Jesus say to him?

42 Then he said to Jesus, “Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.”
43 And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”

You ought to put your trust in Jesus the way this man did and receive the same promise!

ablebodiedman Wrote:

BethelBoy Wrote:

ablebodiedman Wrote:
Mavos,

Now it is possible!

Have faith!

In Christ

abe

BethelBoy,

You don't like what Jesus Christ said take it up with him!

I did not make his commandments.

HE DID!

1 Peter 4:17-18
Now if it starts first with us, what will the end be of those who are not obedient to the good news of God? 18 “And if the righteous [man] is being saved with difficulty, where will the ungodly [man] and the sinner make a showing?

BethelBoy Wrote:
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?

The good news is that an unrighteous man can be declared righteous once he is baptised.

If he continually observes Jesus Christs commandments he can have everlasting life.

Then believe what he said!

In Christ

abe

Jesus sent him away, saying, 39 Return to your own house, and tell what great things God has done for you. And he went his way and proclaimed throughout the whole city what great things Jesus had done for him.

11-24-2010 11:23 PM
ablebodiedman

BethelBoy Wrote:
You err not knowing the Scriptures or the righteousness of God.

The Rich Young Ruler
16 And someone came to Him and said, "Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?"
17And He said to him, "Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments."

[ No Human (including this man ) has ever "kept the commandments" except for Jesus.

The law had a purpose to show us just how sinful we are and to lead sinners to the Saviour. ]

18Then he said to Him, "Which ones?" And Jesus said, "YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER; YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY; YOU SHALL NOT STEAL; YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS;

19 HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER; and YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

(How you doing with "loving your neigbour as yourself? Hope you Honor your mother and father as you say "continually" )

Just remember James words:For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.

( break ONE and be guilty of ALL )

20 The young man said to Him, "All these things I have kept; what am I still lacking?"

( there is no way the young man keep all these things )

ABE ABE ABE!!!! It is not a free gift for you since you are "continually" working for it.

You are going to try and stand before a Holy Holy Holy God and boast in how you "continually" kept the commandments and earned yourself eternal life GOOD LUCK.

PS Good luck think your KH baptism has made you "righteous"

This theif was near a drop of water yet what does Jesus say to him?

42 Then he said to Jesus, “Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.”
43 And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”

You ought to put your trust in Jesus the way this man did and receive the same promise!

BethelBoy,

BethelBoy Wrote:

Is there a convenient time when you want to stop observing Jesus Christs commandments?

You and your Church are looking for excuses to not obey Jesus Christ.

I recommend that you continually obey his commmandments.

Unless of course you do not have enough faith to believe what he said.

In which case your argument is not with me.

It is with Jesus Christ.

Have faith!

Believe Jesus Christ!

Do not treat the undeserved kindness with contempt.

Hebrews 10:26-29
For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, 27 but [there is] a certain fearful expectation of judgment and [there is] a fiery jealousy that is going to consume those in opposition. 28 Any man that has disregarded the law of Moses dies without compassion, upon the testimony of two or three. 29 Of how much more severe a punishment, do YOU think, will the man be counted worthy who has trampled upon the Son of God and who has esteemed as of ordinary value the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and who has outraged the spirit of undeserved kindness with contempt?

Please read and understand the above scripture.

Disobeying the Mosaic commandments resulted in a severe punishment.

Disobeying Jesus Christs commandments results in an even more severe punishment!

But hey! The Apostle Paul said that.

Perhaps you should listen to how Jesus Christ explained it:

Matthew 5:21-22
“YOU heard that it was said to those of ancient times, ‘You must not murder; but whoever commits a murder will be accountable to the court of justice.’ 22 However, I say to YOU that everyone who continues wrathful with his brother will be accountable to the court of justice; but whoever addresses his brother with an unspeakable word of contempt will be accountable to the Supreme Court; whereas whoever says, ‘You despicable fool!’ will be liable to the fiery Ge·hen´na

You don't like what he said?

Take it up with him!

In Christ

abe

The Unforgivable Sin
11-25-2010 01:18 AM
BethelBoy

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?” 26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” 28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

So good luck "continually" Loving the Lord your God with ALL (not 99.999) your heart,soul,strength and mind AND "Loving your neigbour as yourself?

DO THIS AND YOU WILL LIVE!!!!! and do it 100% and 100% of the time!

It seems that the Bible must contradict itself then? Does Paul say: "keep the commandments" NO

(He and Silas say: in verse 31 )

29 The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. 30 He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

31 They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved

Abe Wrote:

Yes I do!!! Faith in what? Not in me saving myself by keeping the commandments or in my WT Baptism,my faith is not in my own righteousness for I have NONE,but in Christ's which is imputed on me "By Faith"

Abe Wrote:

My situation is not that I can have everlasting Life but that I DO HAVE IT!!!!

1 John 5
11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life,( HAS GIVEN PAST TENSE!!!) and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that [b]you may know that you have eternal life ( "HAVE" PRESENT TENSE!!!)[/b], and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

John 5:24
“Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has (PRESENT TENSE!!!)eternal life and [b]will not be judged [/b]but has crossed over from death to life.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have(PRESENT TENSE) eternal life.

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has(PRESENT TENSE) eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

John 6:40
For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

John 6:47
Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has (PRESENT TENSE) eternal life.

Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has(PRESENT TENSE) eternal life.

John 6:54
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has (PRESENT TENSE) eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. ( Those who remember Him He will remember)

I am saved from the Penalty of Sin,I am being saved from the power of Sin,I will be saved from the presence of Sin when Christ returns!!!

My favourite verse!!!!!

Rom 8
1 There is therefore now ( PRESENT TENSE!!!!! ) no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus

Guess what Abe I am " In Christ Jesus " !!!!!! and He is in Me!!!!

3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsgwfliQoqg

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm

What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand

In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless Babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save

Til on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid

Here in the death of Christ I live, I live

There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again

And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From a life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny

No power of hell, no scheme of man
Could ever pluck me from His hand
Til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I stand

I will stand, I will stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground, all other ground
Is sinking sand, is sinking sand
So I stand

11-25-2010 01:40 AM
ablebodiedman

BethelBoy Wrote:
John 5:24
“Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has (PRESENT TENSE!!!)eternal life and [b]will not be judged [/b]but has crossed over from death to life.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have(PRESENT TENSE) eternal life.
John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has(PRESENT TENSE) eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

John 6:40
For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has (PRESENT TENSE) eternal life.

Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has(PRESENT TENSE) eternal life.

John 6:54
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has (PRESENT TENSE) eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. ( Those who remember Him He will remember)

BethelBoy,

You believe in Christ?

Now, look! a certain one came up to him and said: “Teacher, what good must I do in order to get everlasting life?” 17 He ( Christ ) said to him: “Why do you ask me about what is good? One there is that is good. If, though, you want to enter into life, observe the commandments continually.” 18 He said to him: “Which ones?” Jesus said: “Why, You must not murder, You must not commit adultery, You must not steal, You must not bear false witness, 19 Honor [your] father and [your] mother, and, You must love your neighbor as yourself.”

Then believe it! (PRESENT TENSE)

In Christ

abe

The Unforgivable Sin
11-25-2010 01:51 AM
BethelBoy

Good to hear that you are more righteous than Paul!!! However I feel Paul is a lot more sincere and honest than you are being.

Rom 7

14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

Try a little honesty sometime after all God knows each and everytime you have NOT "continually" kept the commandments.

What you need is a Saviour and to quit trying to save yourself and trust noy in your "baptism" but trust in Christ and HIS righteousness and NOT your own since you have NONE.

Matthew 6:33
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Romans 10:3
For (Abe)they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their (Abe's) own righteousness, have (has) not submitted to the righteousness of God.

Phil 3
7 But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. 8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;

11-25-2010 10:03 AM
Mavos
The pluckiest Christian on the board.

Check this sermon out abe:

The Righteousness Which Is From God (Phil 3:9)
Pastor Albert N Martin

http://mp3.sa-media.com/media/1141013595...359582.mp3

Matt

"I remember two things: That I am a great sinner, and that Christ is a great Saviour." - John Newton
11-25-2010 10:44 AM
ablebodiedman

Bethelboy and Mavos,

Do you have faith in and believe Jesus Christ?

John 14:15
“If YOU love me, YOU will observe my commandments.

John 14:21
He that has my commandments and observes them, that one is he who loves me. In turn he that loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will plainly show myself to him.

John 15:14
YOU are my friends if YOU do what I am commanding YOU

Then believe him!

In Christ

abe

The Unforgivable Sin
11-25-2010 11:51 AM
Mavos

I do believe what Jesus said. By commanding our perfect performance and obedience Jesus is seeking contrition and repentance in the heart of his hearers on account of sin. Jesus is telling us that God requires us to obey perfectly, yes, but he does so in order to bring everyone under conviction of sin, to make everyone accountable to the judgment of God, to make them conscious of inability to keep the Law, and become the tutor to lead them to Christ. So yes Abe, I agree with Christ here.

Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin. (Romans 3:19-20 NIV)

Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?” Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.” (John 6:28-29 NIV)

What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through the faithfulness of Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. (Philippians 3:8-9 NIV)

"For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law. But Scripture has locked up everything under the control of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe." (Galatians 3:21-22 NIV)

"Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor." (Galatians 3:24-25 NASB)

That is why I quoted the document I did. I think it is an awesome summary of what the entire Bible teaches on this subject:

Even though my conscience accuses me of having broken all God's commandments and of never having kept any of them, and even though I still sin daily, despite this, without me deserving it at all, out of sheer unearned favor (grace), God gives and credits to me the perfect satisfaction, righteousness, and holiness of Christ, as if I had never sinned and never been a sinner, as if I had been just as perfectly obedient as Christ was. Through the Holy Spirit, God gives me the ability to accept this gift of God with trust and a believing heart. It is not like my faith has any actual value. Faith is not the reason that God is pleased with me. Only Christ's satisfaction, righteousness, and holiness make me right with God. Christ is the reason God is pleased with me. And I can only receive this righteousness and make it mine by faith alone. Any good or works we do, don't make us right with God because the righteousness which can pass God's scrutiny must be entirely perfect and must in every way measure up to God's law. Even the very best we do in this life is imperfect and stained with sin.

Disagree with this and you disagree with the Gospel, with Jesus Christ, and God himself. Disagree with this and there is no hope of salvation for you, and you are NOT a Christian.

I pray that Triune God of Scripture will open your blind eyes and soften your hard heart to accept the truth of the Gospel of free grace in Jesus Christ.

"I remember two things: That I am a great sinner, and that Christ is a great Saviour." - John Newton
11-25-2010 01:00 PM
ablebodiedman

Mavos Wrote:
I do believe what Jesus said.

Mavos,

Thats great!

All I have done above is quote Jesus Christ!

Yet, you are the one who wants to tell me that I am not a Christian.

If a Christian is a Christian simply because they say they believe and have faith then how do I tell if he is a real Christian or a ravenous wolf in sheeps clothing?

If you don't think we have to obey Jesus Christ then how can I tell if you are really a Christian?

If now you agree that we should obey Jesus Christs commandments then what are those commandments?

In Christ

abe

The Unforgivable Sin
11-25-2010 03:47 PM
Yannis
Pilgrim

ablebodiedman Wrote:

Mavos Wrote:
I do believe what Jesus said.

Mavos,

Thats great!

All I have done above is quote Jesus Christ!

Yet, you are the one who wants to tell me that I am not a Christian.

If a Christian is a Christian simply because they say they believe and have faith then how do I tell if he is a real Christian or a ravenous wolf in sheeps clothing?

If you don't think we have to obey Jesus Christ then how can I tell if you are really a Christian?

If now you agree that we should obey Jesus Christs commandments then what are those commandments?

In Christ

abe

If i may, i really feel that you BOTH agree in your own way. Just hung up on some technicalities.

Consider,

Abe says that we must follow the Lord's commandments and Matt agrees. Matt says that we must have faith in Jesus and Abe agrees.

Abe is focused on keeping the commandments and Matt is focused on faith. Can you agree on the merits of both?

But here comes the kicker. Can we keep our faith perfectly? Can we keep the commandments perfectly? We cant because of our sinful nature, but that's where Jesus sacrifice takes over.

We still persevere, we continue fight to get in through the narrow door.

Christianity is not easy.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
11-25-2010 05:33 PM
Find all posts by this user
ablebodiedman

Yannis Wrote:

Yannis,

If all you need to do is say you have faith and believe, then Christianity is easy!

Anyone can say they have faith and believe.

I could train a parrot to say that he has faith and believes.

In Christ

abe

The Unforgivable Sin
11-25-2010 05:51 PM
Mavos

ablebodiedman Wrote:

Yannis Wrote:

Yannis,

If all you need to do is say you have faith and believe, then Christianity is easy!

Anyone can say they have faith and believe.

I could train a parrot to say that he has faith and believes.

In Christ

abe

And that is the point in James chapter 2. You can claim to have faith all day long, but true faith will produce fruit. The reality of a person's faith can be seen in how they live. But it is faith that justifies, and not obedience or works. But the type of faith that justifies isn't mere claims and hot air, but the living reality of a helpless sinner clinging to Christ.

11-25-2010 07:53 PM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites