ablebodiedman

Group: Registered Plus
RE: Justification - Being Declared Righteous

Mavos Wrote:

ablebodiedman Wrote:

Yannis Wrote:
Christianity is not easy.

Yannis,

If all you need to do is say you have faith and believe, then Christianity is easy!

Anyone can say they have faith and believe.

I could train a parrot to say that he has faith and believes.

In Christ

abe

And that is the point in James chapter 2. You can claim to have faith all day long, but true faith will produce fruit. The reality of a person's faith can be seen in how they live. But it is faith that justifies, and not obedience or works. But the type of faith that justifies isn't mere claims and hot air, but the living reality of a helpless sinner clinging to Christ.

Mavos,

The living reality of a sinner clinging to Christ is this:

John 14:15
“If YOU love me, YOU will observe my commandments.

John 14:21
He that has my commandments and observes them, that one is he who loves me. In turn he that loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will plainly show myself to him.

John 15:14
YOU are my friends if YOU do what I am commanding YOU

In Christ

abe

the spiritual man examines all things

Jehovah's Witnesses - The Bible Report
The Unforgivable Sin
11-25-2010 09:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
gogh
Participator

Group: Moderator

Romans 2:12...

"For instance, all those who sinned without law will also perish without law; but all those who sinned under law will be judged by law. For the hearers of law are not the ones righteous before God, but the doers of law will be declared righteous. For whenever people of the nations that do not have law do by nature the things of the law, these people, although not having law, are a law to themselves. They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts, while their conscience is bearing witness with them and, between their own thoughts, they are being accused or even excused. This will be in the day when God through Christ Jesus judges the secret things of mankind, according to the good news I declare."

:coffeeread: :cheer: :coffeeread:

"......."This is my Son, whom I have chosen. Keep listening to him!" Luke 9:35
11-25-2010 09:02 PM
Find all posts by this user
ablebodiedman

gogh Wrote:

"For instance, all those who sinned without law will also perish without law; but all those who sinned under law will be judged by law. For the hearers of law are not the ones righteous before God, but the doers of law will be declared righteous. For whenever people of the nations that do not have law do by nature the things of the law, these people, although not having law, are a law to themselves. They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts, while their conscience is bearing witness with them and, between their own thoughts, they are being accused or even excused. This will be in the day when God through Christ Jesus judges the secret things of mankind, according to the good news I declare."

:coffeeread: :cheer: :coffeeread:

"For instance, all those who sinned without law will also perish without law; but all those who sinned under law will be judged by law. For the hearers of law are not the ones righteous before God, but the doers of law will be declared righteous. For whenever people of the nations that do not have law do by nature the things of the law, these people, although not having law, are a law to themselves. They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts, while their conscience is bearing witness with them and, between their own thoughts, they are being accused or even excused. This will be in the day when God through Christ Jesus judges the secret things of mankind, according to the good news I declare."

Romans 2:10-11

but glory and honor and peace for everyone who works what is good, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God.

the spiritual man examines all things

Jehovah's Witnesses - The Bible Report
The Unforgivable Sin
11-25-2010 09:06 PM
BethelBoy

Hi Yannis, Let's do a little test here and keep to the title of the thread.

We will pose this simple question to Matt and Abe and see if they are on the same page.

Is Justification "being declared righteous before a Holy God"
(please remember this is a term from court language )
The Judge, being God declares that the person before Him is "right in His eyes".

A. By Faith Alone through Grace Alone

B. By Works Alone

C. By a combo of Faith plus Works

Is it "Do" or is it "Done"?

BB:happyheart::heartbeat::happyheart:

Yannis Wrote:

ablebodiedman Wrote:

Mavos Wrote:
I do believe what Jesus said.

Mavos,

Thats great!

All I have done above is quote Jesus Christ!

Yet, you are the one who wants to tell me that I am not a Christian.

If a Christian is a Christian simply because they say they believe and have faith then how do I tell if he is a real Christian or a ravenous wolf in sheeps clothing?

If you don't think we have to obey Jesus Christ then how can I tell if you are really a Christian?

If now you agree that we should obey Jesus Christs commandments then what are those commandments?

In Christ

abe

If i may, i really feel that you BOTH agree in your own way. Just hung up on some technicalities.

Consider,

Abe says that we must follow the Lord's commandments and Matt agrees. Matt says that we must have faith in Jesus and Abe agrees.

Abe is focused on keeping the commandments and Matt is focused on faith. Can you agree on the merits of both?

But here comes the kicker. Can we keep our faith perfectly? Can we keep the commandments perfectly? We cant because of our sinful nature, but that's where Jesus sacrifice takes over.

We still persevere, we continue fight to get in through the narrow door.

Christianity is not easy.

http://www.uplook.org
http://www.voicesforchrist.org/order.html

Jesus sent him away, saying, 39 Return to your own house, and tell what great things God has done for you. And he went his way and proclaimed throughout the whole city what great things Jesus had done for him.

11-25-2010 10:12 PM
Pages (4): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites