:rofl:

“It has been accomplished!” - John 19:30
08-07-2010 08:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
jayme

Group: Registered Plus
RE: stoned for saying Jehovah

Very well said anjaandreas !! :thumbup:

Yes JWs dont truley know Jehovah (YHWH) because they dont truley know Jesus.

No one comes to the Father except thru the Son.

This little clip reminded me of how the WT is so quick to stone (disfellowship) those who dont comply with their legalistic demands as the only way to salvation.

:heartbeat:

Jayme

08-08-2010 06:04 PM
Willa
Peace, baby!

Group: Moderator

Thanks Jayme - a hilarious clip! I just this year purchased 'The Life of Brian'. That Monty Python group was extraordinarily funny, even if I don't always get the British wry slant. :D Funny that some of the stoners were women and their voices were high-pitched and then went low and manly to stay in disguise, lol. (I like the part where John Cleese says ''nobody gets to throw a stone until I blow this whistle!") :rofl:

Aside from the obvious which you stated - it reminded me of the reluctance with which the wt lets go of Mosaic Law standards such as stoning. Remember in that one wt article where they stated that modern laws of the land prevent stonings in our day? One could almost hear an audible "Darn it!" after that statement! :whistle: They would love to go back in time to that authoritarian law code - and I think that's where we end up without Christ. Because with Christ - he is the authority over our conscience and he is the Master of our lives, no other. The wt doesn't like not being in charge.

Oh well. They'll have to get over that. :P

Love to you and yours, brother! :grouphug:

:peace:

:heartbeat: You are my friends! I don't think it just by chance, but by God's Grand Design, that He has guided both our steps... to let your paths cross mine. :heartbeat:
08-09-2010 07:51 AM
Find all posts by this user
jayme

Group: Registered Plus

Hey there Willa :peace:

Glad you liked it! I enjoyed your comments!:thumbup:

Yes, the WT loves the old Law! Each year that goes by it seems to solidify a little more in its legalism and works slavery. Like you said, it is where we end up without Christ.

Quote:
and I think that's where we end up without Christ. Because with Christ - he is the authority over our conscience and he is the Master of our lives, no other.

The poor b/s are denied Christ as their Mediator and must then bear the yoke of slavery to the WT LAW. Only in this way do they think that Jesus has authority over their conscience and is Master of their lives...thru the WT! So sad:cry:

So nice to hear from you, take care.

Jayme :snack:

08-10-2010 08:02 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites