Group: Registered Plus
Bride of Christ

Per your request, Vicky,

Love,

Sis A

Bride of Christ

From the Seven Festivals of Messiah – Chumney: Chapter – Rosh HaShanah

The Wedding of the Messiah, pp 125-134:

1. The selection of the bride. The bride was usually chosen by the father of the bridegroom.

2. A bride price was established. Yeshua being the bridegroom, paid a very high price for His bride.

1 Corinthians 6:20 – 'For you were bought with a price. By all means glorify God in the body of you people.'

3. The bride and groom are betrothed to each other. This is the first stage of the marriage known as kiddushin. Betrothal legally binds the bride and groom together in the marriage contract except they do not physically live together.

4. A written document is drawn up, known as a ketubah. This betrothal contract is called, in Hebrew, a shitre erusin. The word ketubah means 'that which is written.'

The groom promised to work for her, to honor, support, and maintain her in truth, to provide food, clothing, and necessities, and to live together with her as husband and wife.

The ketubah was the unalienable right of the bride. The ketubah must be executed and signed prior to the wedding ceremony.

5. The bride must give her consent. God betrothed Himself to Israel at Mount Sinai as stated at Jeremiah 2:2-3:

"Go, and you must call out in the ears of Jerusalem, saying, 'This is what Jehovah has said: I will remember, on your part, the loving-kindness of your youth, the love during your being engaged to marry, your walking after me in the wilderness, in a land not sown with seed. Israel was something holy to Jehovah, the first yield to Him."

Israel consented to the marriage proposal from God and said, 'I do,' as it is written in Exodus 24:3:

"Then Moses came and related to the people all the words of Jehovah and all the judicial decisions, and all the people answered with one voice and said: 'All the words that Jehovah has spoken we are willing to do.'"

So, even today, to become the bride of Messiah you must still say 'I do' to Him.

6. Gifts were given to the bride and a cup called the cup of the covenant was shared between the bride and groom. The rite of betrothal (erusin) is completed when the groom gives something of value to the bride and she accepts it.

The gift most often given today is the ring. When the groom places the ring on the bride's finger, the rite of betrothal is completed. This completed rite is known in Hebrew as kiddushin, which means sanctification.

The gifts to the bride are symbols of love, commitment, and loyalty. The gift God gives to those who accept the Messiah is the Holy Spirit. (Ruach HaKodesh)

In addition, at this time, the cup of the covenant was shared and sealed between the bride and the groom with drinking of wine.

In doing so, the couple drinks from a common cup. The cup is first given to the groom to sip, and then is given to the bride. This cup, known as the cup of the covenant, is spoken of in Jeremiah 31:31-33:

"Look! There are days coming," is the utterance of Jehovah, 'and I will conclude with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah a new covenant; not like the covenant that I concluded with their forefathers in the day of my taking hold of their hand to bring them forth out of the land of Egypt, which covenant of mine they themselves broke, although I myself had husbandly ownership of them," is the utterance of Jehovah." "For this is the covenant that I shall conclude with the house of Israel after those days," is the utterance of Jehovah.

"I will put my law within them, and in their heart I shall write it. And I will become their God, and they themselves will become my people."

Yeshua spoke of the cup of the New Covenant (Brit Hadashah) in Luke 22:20:

"Also, the cup in the same way after they had the evening meal, he saying: "This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood, which is to be poured out in your behalf."

7. The bride had a mikvah (water immersion), which is a ritual of cleansing.

8. The bridegroom departed, going back to his father's house to prepare the bridal chamber. It is understood to be the man's duty to go away to be with his father, build a house, and prepare for the eventual wedding.

Before he goes, though, he will make a statement to the bride. 'I go to prepare a place for you; if I go, I will return again unto you.' This is the same statement Yeshua made in John 14:1-3:

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Exercise faith in God, exercise faith in me. In the house of my Father there are many abodes. Otherwise, I would have told you, because I am going my way to prepare a place for you. Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will receive you home to myself, that where I am you also may be."

9. The bride was consecrated and set apart for a period of time while the bridegroom was away building the house. Before the bridegroom could go and get the bride, the bridegroom's father had to be satisfied that every preparation had been made by the son. Only then could he give permission to the son to go and get the bride.

In other words, while the bridegroom was working on the bridal chamber, it was the father who 'okayed' the final bridal chamber. The bridegroom did not know when his father would declare the bridal chamber fit and send him to get his bride. This is exactly what Yeshua was referring to in Mark 13:32-37:

"Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows, neither the angels in heaven nor the Son, but the Father. Keep looking, keep awake, for you do not know when the appointed time is.

It is like a man traveling abroad that left his house and gave authority to his slaves, to each one his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to keep on the watch. Therefore keep on the watch, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming, whether late in the day or at midnight or at cock-crowing or early in the morning; in order that when he arrives suddenly, he does not find you sleeping."

Meanwhile, the bride was to wait eagerly for the return of the bridegroom. In the mind of the bride, the bridegroom could come at any time, even in the middle of the night or at midnight. Therefore, she had to be ready at all times.

Yeshua referred to this in Mark 13:22-27 and Matthew 25:1-13. While waiting for her bridegroom to come, the bride had to have thought to herself, 'Is he really coming back for me? Is he really going to keep his word?'

10. The bridegroom would return with a shout, 'Behold the bridegroom comes' and the sound of the ram's horn (shofar) would be blown. The time of the return of the bridegroom was usually at midnight. When the bridegroom did come, he came with a shout (Matthew 25:6) and with the blowing of a shofar (trumpet) (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).

The marriage between the bride and the groom will take place under the chupah or wedding canopy. Since heaven is a type of chupah, we can see that when Yeshua gives a shout for His bride, accompanied by the blowing of the shofar (trumpet), the marriage between Yeshua and His bride will take place in heaven.

The marriage ceremony will have a sacred procession. For this reason, the bridegroom (Yeshua) will be led to the chupah first. When the bridegroom approaches the chupah, the cantor chants, 'Blessed is he who comes.' 'Blessed is he who comes' is an idiomatic expression meaning 'welcome.'

Yeshua said that He would not return for His bride until these words were said (Matthew 23:39). The groom is greeted like a king under the chupah.

11. He would abduct his bride, usually in the middle of the night, to go to the bridal chamber where the marriage would be consummated. This is the full marriage, known in Hebrew as nesu'in.

The bride and groom will go to the wedding chamber, or chadar in Hebrew, where the marriage will be consummated. They will stay in that wedding chamber for seven days, and at the end of the seven days, the bride and groom will come out from the wedding chamber.

12. Finally, there would be a marriage supper for all the guests invited by the father of the bride. When the bride and the groom initially went into the wedding chamber, the friend of the bridegroom stood outside the door.

All the assembled guests of the wedding gathered outside, waiting for the friend of the bridegroom to announce the consummation of the marriage, which was relayed to him by the groom.

John the Baptist referred to this in John 3:29. At this signal, great rejoicing broke forth (John 3:29). The marriage was consummated on the first night (Genesis 29:23). The bloodstained linen from this night was preserved. It was proof of the bride's virginity (Deuteronomy 22:13-21).

On the wedding day, the bridegroom is seen as a king and the bride as a queen (Psalm 45).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wsKcP9J7Cg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO4a9dIAOp4
08-23-2010 11:35 AM
Find all posts by this user
Steadfast

RE: Bride of Christ

anjaandreas Wrote:
Thanks Steadfast ,can i ask you if you believe the call is out already to invite all the wedding guest ,or are they waiting still for the friend of the groom?

Dear Anja,

In answer to your question, I see that the call to the bride has been going out since Pentecost of 33, and will be finished at the sealing of the 144,000:

Rev 7:4 And I heard the number of those sealed, one hundred and forty four thousand were sealed out of all the tribes of the sons of Israel.

Whether this number is literal or not, no one knows for sure.

Revelation 7 seems to show that this sealing of the 144,000 is a one-time event, which has not taken place yet.

In my opinion, the remaining sons of Israel out of that sealing would be the virgin companions of Matthew 25:

Mat 25:1 Then may the kingdom of heaven be shadowed forth by ten virgins, who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom and the bride. – Murdock Aramaic. Also see Psalm 45 for clarification.

According to Matthew, all of the virgin companions fall asleep, but obviously the bride did not. She was awake when her husband arrived at midnight.

According to the parable given by Jesus in Matthew 25, half of the virgin companions are not admitted to the wedding feast:

Mat 25:11-12 And at length came also the other virgins, and said: Our lord, our lord, open to us, but he answered, and said to them: Verily I say to you, I know you not.

I hope I have made my thoughts clear and understandable, and if not, please let me know where I need to clarify.

Love,

Sis A

08-23-2010 08:06 PM
BethelBoy

Major mistake in this is the mixing up of "Israel" the unfaithful Bride of Jehovah and the Bride of Christ.

Israel an Earthly people with an Earthly hope. The Church is the Bride of Christ a Heavenly people with a Heavenly hope. The Bride will be gone when her Bridegroom returns and they meet in the air 1 Thess 4.

Also 144,00 Jews,virgin males.

Romans 9

Israel’s Rejection of Christ

1 I tell the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit, 2 that I have great sorrow and continual grief in my heart. 3 For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my countrymen according to the flesh, 4 who are Israelites,( remember the Church/Bride started at Pentecost ) to whom pertain the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the service of God, and the promises; 5 of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen.

Paul is talking about His brethren "according to the flesh " "who are Israelites" and " to whom pertain "the adoption,the glory,the covenants,the law,the service of God AND THE PROMISES.

Romans 11
Israel’s Rejection Not Total
1 I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew.

And bow down their back always.”[e]

Israel’s Rejection Not Final

11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. 12 Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!

13 For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry, 14 if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them. 15 For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?

BB:happyheart::heartbeat::happyheart:

http://www.uplook.org
http://www.voicesforchrist.org/order.html

Jesus sent him away, saying, 39 Return to your own house, and tell what great things God has done for you. And he went his way and proclaimed throughout the whole city what great things Jesus had done for him.

08-24-2010 09:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
NewTruth

Hello Steadfast:

I really liked this.. I have some chronlogy about the time of the end that I wrote out.. and this matches up to it very well, as I believe that the last days or the time of the end is a presence of Christ and only last a few years, not since 1914... I'm printing it out for further reference...

Edited by admin to make sense

08-24-2010 03:17 PM
e-magine
Disciple of Newness

Hi BB! The only problem I have with this is that you take 144K as a literal number, and that you feel that a "Heavenly" resurrection eliminates any kind of physical life on Earth.
Meeting the Lord "in the air" does not mean "heaven", it means "spiritual". Unless I am mistaken, and you understand Heaven as being in a spiritual state. :heartbeat:

Henry Ward Beecher-1872 Preacher of Plymouth Church, Brooklyn, in his home later bought by C.H. Russell.
He is looking at the Brooklyn Bridge,,,, is it the way into, or, out of Brooklyn for you?
08-24-2010 03:23 PM
Beau Wetini
Me and my boy at the beach!

Sis New Truth....I think you are 900 years out!....unless something happened in 1014? ;)

LIVE THE KINGDOM NOW!!

08-24-2010 03:28 PM
NewTruth

Beau Wetini Wrote:
Sis New Truth....I think you are 900 years out!....unless something happened in 1014? ;)

Not sure what you mean... please explain?

08-24-2010 03:51 PM
Beau Wetini
Me and my boy at the beach!

You typed 1014, instead of 1914.....unless you meant 1914?

LIVE THE KINGDOM NOW!!

08-24-2010 04:59 PM
NewTruth

Beau Wetini Wrote:
You typed 1014, instead of 1914.....unless you meant 1914?

ha! Thanks... :D

08-24-2010 05:15 PM
Steadfast

anjaandreas Wrote:
The Church is the Bride of Christ a Heavenly people with a Heavenly hope.

Dear Anja,

It might be interesting to try and establish what the kingdom of Heaven is, as many Christians believe they are destined to go to heaven.

It seems that Galatians 4 gives us a clue:

Gal 4:26 But the Jerusalem above, is the free woman, who is the mother of us.

Here are other verses in the New Testament that talk about Jerusalem above:

Heb 12:22-23 But you have drawn near Mount Zion, even the city of the living God, to a heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels, and to a gathering, an assembly of the first-born ones having been enrolled in Heaven; and to God the Judge of all, and to spirits of just ones who have been perfected.

Who builds this heavenly city?

Heb 11:10 for [Abraham] he looked forward to a city having the foundations of which the builder and maker is God.

How does God build this heavenly Jerusalem?

God draws that individual by his Spirit. They run the race faithfully till death.

So the real question is does this heavenly city stay in heaven? Jesus said:

Rev 3:12 Him that is victorious, will I make a pillar in the temple of my God; and he shall not again go out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and of the New Jerusalem which descends from heaven from my God, and my own new name.

Rev 21:2 And I saw the holy city, the New Jerusalem, descending from God out of heaven, prepared like a bride adorned for her husband.

There are some Christians, such as Jehovah’s Witnesses, who believe that the ‘coming down from heaven’ is symbolic, but is it?

At the beginning of the great tribulation, Satan is cast out of heaven:

Rev 12:7-8 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought, and prevailed not; nor was their place found any more in heaven.

Satan has now been permanently cast out of heaven, along with his wicked angels, and confined to the earth. Never again will he have access to the throne of Jehovah.

After Armageddon, Satan is cast into the abyss:

Rev 20:2-3 And he seized the dragon, the old serpent, who is the Deceiver and Satan, who seduced the whole habitable world: and he bound him a thousand years. And he cast him into the abyss, and closed and sealed upon him; so that he might deceive the nations no more, until these thousand years shall be completed: but after that, he will be loosed for a little time.

What does Satan do?

Rev 20:7-8 And when these thousand years shall be completed, Satan will be released from his prison; and will go forth to seduce the nations that are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog; and to assemble them for battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea.

Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and encompassed the camp of the saints, and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven, and consumed them.

What is the ‘holy city’?

Rev 21:2 And I saw the holy city, the New Jerusalem, descending from God out of heaven, prepared like a bride adorned for her husband.

Rev 21:10 ...and he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and did shew to me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, coming down out of the heaven from God.

Reason on it this way: If Satan has been permanently cast out of heaven and has been confined to the earth…the only place the holy city can be is on earth.

So, new Jerusalem literally comes down from heaven, and Jesus Christ and his bride rule in New Jerusalem, which is on earth for 1000 years.

The remaining chapter in Revelation describes the return to a paradise earth, the way Jehovah intended it to be in the garden of Eden.

One other interesting piece of information that I learned, is that the size of new Jerusalem in Revelation, is about 1500 square miles…almost the exact size of the land that Jehovah promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. That was pretty astounding to me!

The promises will finally be fulfilled to Abraham and his seed, and those who found the Messiah through Moses, and gentiles who are the seed of Abraham by faith. All are the seed of Abraham.

I hope this helps you to understand how I see New Jerusalem.

Love,

Sis A

08-24-2010 07:52 PM
BethelBoy

Hi Anja, The Bride of Christ is simply every born again believer in Christ from Pentacost to Christs return for them. 1 Thess 4

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

( Christ returns with who? All the Christians who have died up to the point of His return )

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord,

that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.

16 For the Lord ( JESUS)Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

( all the Christians whose souls and spirits have been with Christ since their deaths receive resurrected bodies just like the Lord Jesus' risen body and as 1 Cor 15:51 states those who are alive at His coming have their bodies changed to be like His! )

Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”

17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Then off to the greatest wedding party ever:hibye::hibye::hibye:

anjaandreas Wrote:

BethelBoy Wrote:
Major mistake in this is the mixing up of "Israel" the unfaithful Bride of Jehovah and the Bride of Christ.

Israel an Earthly people with an Earthly hope. The Church is the Bride of Christ a Heavenly people with a Heavenly hope. The Bride will be gone when her Bridegroom returns and they meet in the air 1 Thess 4.

Also 144,00 Jews,virgin males.

Romans 9

Israel’s Rejection of Christ

1 I tell the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit, 2 that I have great sorrow and continual grief in my heart. 3 For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my countrymen according to the flesh, 4 who are Israelites,( remember the Church/Bride started at Pentecost ) to whom pertain the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the service of God, and the promises; 5 of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen.

Paul is talking about His brethren "according to the flesh " "who are Israelites" and " to whom pertain "the adoption,the glory,the covenants,the law,the service of God AND THE PROMISES.

Romans 11
Israel’s Rejection Not Total
1 I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew.

And bow down their back always.”[e]

Israel’s Rejection Not Final

11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. 12 Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!

13 For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry, 14 if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them. 15 For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?

High Bettelboy .
Yah is Christ.
And yes i agree that Israel has been the unfaitfull bride .
Rom9:6 But it is not as though the word of God has come to nothing. For THEY ARE NOT ALL ISRAEL ,THAT ARE ISRAEL .

9:7 Neither, because they are Abraham’s seed, are they all children. But, “In Isaac will your seed be called.”
9:8 That is, it is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as a seed.
9:9 For this is a word of promise, “At the appointed time I will come, and Sarah will have a son.”

Also i did not read in 1 Thes 4 anything about the bride ?
However I do read about the resurection in 1Thes 4:13-17.

Do you believe it is logic that we who are called sons of God through "the adoption in Christ "are the bride of Christ ?
For Christ says he is our brother ?
Heb 2:11 FOR BOTH he who sanctifies and those who are sanctified ARE ALL FROM ONE , for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brothers

Rom8:8 Those who are in the flesh can’t please God.
8:9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if it is so that the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if any man doesn’t have the Spirit of Messiah, he is not his. 8:10 If Messiah is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the spirit is alive because of righteousness. 8:11 But if the Spirit of him who raised up Yeshua from the dead dwells in you, he who raised up Messiah Yeshua from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you

Jesus sent him away, saying, 39 Return to your own house, and tell what great things God has done for you. And he went his way and proclaimed throughout the whole city what great things Jesus had done for him.

08-24-2010 11:19 PM
BethelBoy

Hi E, I believe that Jesus was the firstborn from the dead.

That is He was the first physical being to ever enter Heaven. At His return those who have died " In Christ " will have their physical bodies resurrected ( 1st res) and they will be like the Physical body Jesus rose in nothing at all like our current body.

After that, those who are alive at that time will have their bodies in an instant changed to be like Christs' resurrected body Immortal,Incorruptible as 1 Cor 15 states both immortality and incorruptiblilty are ADDED and death is swallowed up in victory.

PS During the Great Tribulation the Church/Bride of Christ is in Heaven until returning with Him at the end of the tribulation period to physically rule with Him for 1000yrs.

Christ on a White Horse

11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses.( BRIDE see verse 6 ) 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

Deuteronomy 10:17
For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality nor takes a bribe.

Psalm 136:3
Oh, give thanks to the Lord of lords!For His mercy endures forever:

Revelation 17:14
These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.”

e-magine Wrote:
Hi BB! The only problem I have with this is that you take 144K as a literal number, and that you feel that a "Heavenly" resurrection eliminates any kind of physical life on Earth.
Meeting the Lord "in the air" does not mean "heaven", it means "spiritual". Unless I am mistaken, and you understand Heaven as being in a spiritual state. :heartbeat:

08-24-2010 11:59 PM
BethelBoy

Hi Steadfast, I have a question about one of your statements.

steadfast Wrote:
God draws that individual by his Spirit. They run the race faithfully till death.

What do you mean by that? Is running the race " faithfully till death" a requirement for salvation?

08-25-2010 12:05 AM
Steadfast

BethelBoy Wrote:
Hi Steadfast, I have a question about one of your statements.

steadfast Wrote:

What do you mean by that? Is running the race " faithfully till death" a requirement for salvation?

Dear BB:

Paul said: Act 20:24 But I make account of nothing, nor do I hold my life precious to myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, fully to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

2Ti 4:7 I have fought the good fight. I have finished the course. I have kept the faith.

The word translated ‘course’ comes from the Greek:

G1408 - δρόμος - dromos - From the alternate of G5143; a race, that is, (figuratively) career: - course.

Alternate: G5143 – τρέχω - trechō - Apparently a primary verb (properly θρέχω threchō; compare G2359); which uses δρέμω dremō, drem'-o (the base of G1408) as an alternate in certain tenses; to run or walk hastily (literally or figuratively): - have course, run.

Indeed, the Christian walk is a race to the finish, which is death. Since Christ is our example, who was faithful till death and ran his race to the finish…so do we.

Jesus said of those whom he makes a pillar in the sanctuary of his God, New Jerusalem:

Rev 2:10 Do not at all fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw you into prison, so that you may be tried; and you will have affliction ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.

Love,

Sis A

08-25-2010 12:15 PM
Steadfast

anjaandreas Wrote:
What i do not get is this ,if our mother of whom we are born is The New Jeruzalem a city coming down from heaven FROM GOD' ,and she is named the bride of the lamb ,how come that so many christians believe the church is the bride ?

It does not make any sence to me .

Dear Anja,

I can see that you have a great love for scripture. :cheekkiss:

Many Christians have adopted a doctrinal belief called dispensationalism. Dispensationalism separates the 'church' from Israel, in effect making them separate vehicles for salvation.

New Jerusalem is all who followed Messiah to the death.

I don't know if dispensationalism has been discussed on this forum, but perhaps a thread might be started to let everyone express their thoughts about this subject.

Love,

Sis A

08-25-2010 12:24 PM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites