Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
Who is your Teacher?
observant
Concerning the Lilies

Group: Registered Plus
Who is your Teacher?

It has been recorded that Jesus said,

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."

and again:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me.'

In what way does the Holy Spirit teach you? How does it dwell with us?

It is described as the 'Spirit of Truth'. What truth does it impart?

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Love
Lynn

Consider the lilies, how they grow; they do not toil, they do not spin. And yet I say to you that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Luk 12:27
09-26-2010 08:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Mavos
The pluckiest Christian on the board.

RE: Who is your Teacher?

observant Wrote:

Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. (John 17:17 ESV)

"I remember two things: That I am a great sinner, and that Christ is a great Saviour." - John Newton
09-26-2010 10:20 PM
observant
Concerning the Lilies

Jesus taught, "I am the way, the truth, and the life."

He said further, as recorded by his diciple,

"Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."

Love
Lynn

Consider the lilies, how they grow; they do not toil, they do not spin. And yet I say to you that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Luk 12:27
09-26-2010 10:32 PM
ablebodiedman

observant Wrote:
It has been recorded that Jesus said,

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."

and again:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me.'

In what way does the Holy Spirit teach you? How does it dwell with us?

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Love
Lynn

Lynn,

How does it teach?

I find that most often it answers questions which are sincerely asked through prayer.

The answer does sometimes come in an immediate eureka type moment and in other cases turns up in more unexpected places.

Also I find that sometimes the answer turns up the next time I open the bible and randomly read scripture. It seems random at first however, after finding the answer I always wonder if it really was.

What truths has it taught me?

Pretty much everything I have posted here, on youtube or written about elsewhere.

Not exactly certain how it dwells in us however, I do often have phsyical symptoms which I recognize as the holy spirit.

I have never heard the holy spirit speak actual words to me. (some people say they do)

It is more a feeling. A different kind of communication that is not expressed in words however, can still be understood.

I often still say a prayer before I eat a meal.

I am able to say the prayer with the holy spirit only and not use words. When I do this I can still feel the Holy Spirit expressing the prayer although not with words. By saying feel, I mean that there is a physical kind of tingle which is very pleasing and recognizable.

In my opinion, that is the spirit part of worshipping "in spirit" and truth.

It is a two way communication.

There have been occasions where I realize that the Holy Spirit has reprimanded me. Its not physically painful. It does however, make you immediately stop and rethink what you are doing. A period of embarrasement usually follows.

I have occasionally been in some times of extreme stress however, when the feeling seems like a silent yet very powerful scream rather than a pleasant tingle.

I have also been in a room with the windows shut and physically heard the rushing sound like a very strong wind inside that same room, as described in the bible.

No, it was not flatulence.

I also find that I get physically tired after experiencing things which involve the Holy Spirit and sometimes have to rest.

In Christ

abe

the spiritual man examines all things

Jehovah's Witnesses - The Bible Report
The Unforgivable Sin
09-27-2010 12:07 AM
Jan Kosonen

Hi ablebodiedman,
Interesting experiences. I believe you have had such experiences because I've experienced similar things. I think we are not alone to experience such things, and it will be interesting in what it all will develope.

Best regards Jan

09-27-2010 03:51 PM
Find all posts by this user
ablebodiedman

Jan Kosonen Wrote:
Hi ablebodiedman,
Interesting experiences. I believe you have had such experiences because I've experienced similar things. I think we are not alone to experience such things, and it will be interesting in what it all will develope.

Best regards Jan

Jan,

It took me a while to understand what it was.

Always thought that "feeling" was something that everybody experienced.

One day I felt that "feeling" and then wondered if I could make it happen again.

I could.

Then I wondered what I was thinking when that feeling occured.

Realized that it was connected to a spiritual thing I was concerned about.

Also began to realize that I very often got that "feeling" while saying a prayer.

I soon after began to accept that it was the Holy Spirit.

If there are any Christians reading this who also experience that "feeling" while saying a prayer then try expressing and reproducing that feeling without the words.

If you can, then you might consider that what you are experiencing is Holy Spirit.

In Christ

abe

The Unforgivable Sin
09-27-2010 05:46 PM
Willa
Peace, baby!

Group: Moderator

John 3:2 this man(Nicodemus) came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him."

12 So when He had washed their feet, and taken His garments and reclined at the table again, He said to them, "Do you know what I have done to you? 13 You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am. 14 If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. 15 For I gave you an example that you also should do as I did to you. 16 Truly, truly, I say to you, a slave is not greater than his master, nor is one who is sent greater than the one who sent him. 17 If you know these things, you are blessed if you do them.

Matthew 23:8 "But do not be called Rabbi; for One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers."

This is a great subject, Lynn! We have to keep check on ourselves honestly to make sure we're listening to the spirit of our Lord. We learn from all things that God has provided for us, beginning with His written word, imho. The OT scriptures lead to Christ as the true Messiah and is an excellent witness to him. And the gospels with Jesus' own powerful words recorded is likewise a powerful witness. Then the letters of the apostles with the accounts of the holy spirit-begotten beginnings of Christ's church. :thumbsup: When you do have the spirit within, then it attests to the trueness of the written word about Christ - so to me it seems like the word works with the spirit in teaching us, and in turn, each proves the trustworthiness of the other. So now when we hear someone teaching something 'new and improved', we have not only discernment from the spirit, which is invisible and intangible, but from the written word also, visible and tangible - both the most excellent testifiers to God's ultimate truths, which have never changed. Maybe they are the true two witnesses! ;)

When I was looking up those other verses, I found these results about teachers in the 1st cent. congs.: < positive - Acts 13:1; Romans 2:20; 1 Corinthians 12:28-29; Ephesians 4:11; James 3:1 > < negative - 1 Timothy 1:7; 2 Timothy 4:3; Hebrews 5:12; 2 Peter 2:1 >

I can see both positives and negatives in certain Christian sects today - only those I'm familiar with.:whistle: I think we're rather fortunate to be able to see the distinct differences between what Jesus teaches and what false teachers do - it makes us innocent and yet wary, careful. So with the weeds and the wheat growing so closely together, to whom should we listen? imho, Jesus is still in charge, so he's the 'Go-To Guy'!

Love you, sis. :friends:

:heartbeat: You are my friends! I don't think it just by chance, but by God's Grand Design, that He has guided both our steps... to let your paths cross mine. :heartbeat:
09-27-2010 11:54 PM
observant
Concerning the Lilies

Thanks everyone for your replies! Love to hear your thoughts.

Abe, I have found that the spirit gives just what it is promised, and the fruits are Love, Joy, and Peace, and the works of the Spirit. It teaches us about him, and how to be like him. I do feel that each of us feel it differently, but we can be assured that He does dwell with us just as promised.

Willa,
Hugs sis! Thanks for chiming in!

The old testament law is referred to as a tutor leading to Christ. Then we have those who walked with Jesus, and told us about the things he did and said, and also we have written accounts of members of the first followers of Jesus, the things they did and said. We also have been given written accounts of prophecies. The spirit of prophecy is to also testify to Jesus.

All these things teach us ABOUT Jesus, but are not him. Tutor in an interesting way to look at it. It is an assistant to help us grasp a concept. But it's ultimate goal is not to take the place of the teacher but to lead us too him, so that we can learn directly from him. While the tutor is helpful, it should never replace the one to whom it leads too.

It has been described that there are elementary things in Christ, things that are given to us as a tutor, or witnesses, so that we can learn about him. To goal of course being that once we learn about him that we do as he says, and "come" to him.

Our Lord says, "come to me." The other witnesses (the Bride and the Spirit) also proclaim "Come". So even the spirit is there so that we come to hear his voice.

Love
Lynn

09-28-2010 12:11 PM
Ontheedge
Deborah

Hi Everyone:hibye:!

My experience with Holy Spirit is getting stronger. I did freak out about it this summer. My family and I went through a huge struggle. I'm really calm, now.

My experience is a calming feeling in the core stomach area (which was really great during the times we were without food). Then, I "know" things. I was freaked out over a spirit of prediction, for awhile. Now, I'm not. I have a love for spiritual things and sharing my strong faith, so I have to have faith that the knowledge is from above. I can't make it happen. But, I can feel "where" its working, sometimes. I still struggle with not wanting to listen to it, when my heart wants to do something else. Its evident by the results of the spirit. When I tell my daughter whats going on, she says, "Be careful, Mommy, someone, will think your a witch." She says if she didn't know me better, she would think I was, too.

Its not "me" though. Its a power source that comes and goes. We ran out of food two weekends ago. I answered a personal ad (its a new activity, I adopted, you may not want to know why, LOL) the pilot man asked me to breakfast on Sunday morning. I met him in Celebration (Orlando area). Every time I started to panic over no food, the calm would come back and I would thank God. I also wondered how I was going to steal food from breakfast for my kids, and a calm would reenter.

I met the nice man. We said prayer before breakfast, ate and then went for a walk around the little lake there. I told him my problems, he told me things on his mind that made him post the ad. He had to fly back, so we just met for a short visit. When we sat on the park bench, I told him that breakfast was the first food from breakfast, the day before. I knew he would give me money and the spirit came and he did. He walked me to my car and wanted to check the oil, I showed him my tire that was showing the threads. He said it would be OK. I just thought, doesn't he know he is going to pay for the tire? I was talking with the spirit in my head. And shook my head to myself. We said goodbye and he flew back. That night my tire went flat and someone changed it to the donut. When pilot man got home, he emailed me and I emailed back that my tire went flat. He then found a tire place and paid for it over the phone with his credit card. Now, I was happy. Food and tires. But still worried about not having enough money for the utilities. Then, I took her to the hospital, my daughters tooth abscessed and we had no money for prescriptions. The spirit gave me comfort and told me that the pilot was going to tithe to me, and guess what? I got an email titled "tithe-ing". The man said he was guilty of not tithing and I was his tithing project. He contacted a church to send money through and the church and they brought me a check, I got Becca's medicine the same day. The man has a $200,000 a year income of his pilot's job. AND he has a 2000 acre farm! He sent me or paid for $400 worth of stuff last week. The same day, I got a good paying job. He emailed today to see if I needed more funds.

I "knew" what this guys role was, the whole time (AS it played out). He NEEDED a spiritual connection. He has had a couple of spiritual visions. Its a nice friendship and he is married. He did offer to give me to his brother, who is a Baptist Pastor (LOL, I wonder how long THAT would work out for me?). The Pastor got dumped by his wife and he is raising the four children.

The ability to "read" the guy and "know" what he was doing, left, and I wrote him telling him that I think the Holy Spirit, left; and went for the job, I wanted. He is a little flabbergasted by my talk of Holy Spirit.

So, call it as you want. I know I would freak me out, too. Oh, yeah, I DID that!!!! I'll take comfort that it is for a purpose. I think its a form of training to make me strong for something else. :dontknow: I have a church I have to visit, now. Let's see where this all goes.

With Sis Love, Debbie

We may be suffering for a time but all things that belong to our Father will be bought back for Him. Be patient and have faith:pray: Learning to listen, patiently, for our deliverance.
09-28-2010 12:23 PM
justin

The Truth is Jesus. The truth is not an organization or a book. It is Jesus who sanctifies us, not an organization or a book.

The Pharisees and Teachers of the Law had the book but it didn't make them clean. It didn't sanctify them. Thus, it is written that our Lord rebuked them saying, "You search the Scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life." They were mistaken in same sort of ways religionists are mistaken today. They had their heads turned down toward a book instead of turning toward heaven.

What of us? Jesus says, "Now you are clean through the word which I have spoken to you."

What of us? Jesus says, "My sheep listen to my voice." He says that he calls his sheep by name.

I was just reminded of our dear sister Mary who sat tearfully by the tomb of the Lord. Though his appearance was hidden from her when he called out unto her, "Mary" she heard his voice and responded, "Teacher!"

May we respond likewise when he calls to us by name!

09-28-2010 01:49 PM
gogh
Participator

Group: Moderator

Romans 8:24...

"For we were saved with this hope in mind. Now hope that is seen is not really hope, for who hopes for what can be seen?
But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with patience."

John 20:29...

"Jesus said to him, "Is it because you have seen me that you have believed? How blessed are those who have never seen me and yet have believed!"

:coffeeread:

"......."This is my Son, whom I have chosen. Keep listening to him!" Luke 9:35
09-28-2010 02:34 PM
observant
Concerning the Lilies

Enjoying this discussion. Thanks gogh for those scriptures :-) very true.

Anthony, I enjoy how you word things.

Deborah brought up a subject that I think is important too.

Sometimes it isnt 'who' we are listening too, as in another person or 'spirit'. One of the biggest deceivers is the spirit of the flesh. Our flesh can stop us from hearing our Lord's voice. Can try and trick us to following our own desires and to 'hear' what we want too. To give us fear so that when we do hear him, we rationalize it away. Or make us afraid to make the changes the holy spirit is wanting us to make.

The spirit teaches us to impale our flesh, just as Jesus did. If the spirit we are following has the fruitage of feeding our flesh, it needs and desires, than it had become in opposition to the fruitages of the holy spirit. When we hear Jesus voice, and we follow him it leads to the production of the fruits of the spirit, which are in the end selfless.

The fruitages of the flesh, are not always obvious. Sometimes they are as simple as wanting to feel important or admired, or to have our stomach filled or our house paid for.... that can lead us down the wrong path.

Love to all
Lynn

09-28-2010 04:42 PM
Ontheedge
Deborah

Dear Sis Observant:love:,

Why wouldn't the Spirit help us fill our belly? It did in bible history.

Why would we think that the Spirit leads us to impale the flesh? Seems like any evil spirit can create self-flogging.

Are you sure you don't have self made blinders on?

I'll give thanks for all the good things I receive. I'll cry out for help when in distress. ALWAYS, talking to God. Is there any other way? Does it matter if I receive more than someone else? I don't have anyone. Why wouldn't God send me the "comforter"? I'm willing to embrace the travel.

How many perfect people have been chosen?

I'm not upset and I hope I don't upset you.

With Sis Love, Debbie

We may be suffering for a time but all things that belong to our Father will be bought back for Him. Be patient and have faith:pray: Learning to listen, patiently, for our deliverance.
09-28-2010 04:55 PM
ablebodiedman

observant Wrote:
How does it dwell with us?

observant,

I stated above that I do not know how it dwells in us.

There are people however, who believe that a receiver/transmitter exists in our brain which communicates with the supernatural.

I have yet however, to come across anyone who directly relates this to Holy Spirit.

It is called the Pineal Gland which is apparently shaped much like a pine cone.

David Wilcock a new age scientist has much to say about this. He draws much attention to pine cone illustrations in ancient artifacts and recommends that they represent the pineal gland.

He also points out the enormous statue of a pine cone which can be found in the Vatican and believes it is related to some kind of esoteric gnostic type ancient knowledge to do with the Pineal Gland. It is apparently the largest statue in the Vatican.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mJdxqeKobw

I believe it is in a video of his called the 2012 enigma.

If you do a search on youtube for Pineal Gland you can find much of what new agers believe about this.

I do not know what peer reviewed scientists say about it.

It has been mentioned in at least one other post on this forum in regard to Jacob and Piniel in the Old Testament.

Keep in mind that my own conclusion is still that I do not know how the Holy Spirit dwells in us.

In Christ

abe

The Unforgivable Sin
09-28-2010 05:11 PM
observant
Concerning the Lilies

My dear friend Deborah. :love: Why would I be upset? :-)

Good questions... Let me share how I see it.

Why would the spirit lead us to impale the Flesh? Because Flesh gives birth to Flesh, and Spirit to the Spirit. The Flesh cannot lead us home. It fact the flesh is blind! Our fleshly eyes block us from seeing heavenly things. Flesh and it's blood cannot 'enter' into the kingdom of our Lord. That is why were are to take his 'flesh and blood'.

Jesus said. "deny youself, pick up your cross, and follow me."

Father gives us good gifts. Sometimes he know much better what we need than ourselves. It is true that evil spirit can create self flogging. Ususally that fruitage is fear, shame, and self harm, such things are in opposition to the holy spirit, and not anything our Lord would teach us. I am not speaking of those things here.

I am speaking about cleaning the inside of the cup, so that the outside can become clean also.

Love you sister
Lynn

09-28-2010 05:38 PM
Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites