Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 Next > Last »
Who is your Teacher?
observant
Concerning the Lilies

Group: Registered Plus
RE: Who is your Teacher?

Dear Abe,

Our Lord explains how it dwells with us. There doesn't need to be a necessary componant of the brain so that he comes to live in us.

Also, he dwells in our "hearts", not our minds. :-) This makes for an interesting thing to think upon doesnt it. Alot of times, it is the intellect of our minds is a barrier to listening to him. Yet when he teaches us it comes from a 'fountain' that nourishes us, and teaches us and fills our thoughts. But if we are trying to use our minds to 'learn' the truth, instead of listening to his instruction, the source is not him, but ourselves.

be blessed
Lynn

Consider the lilies, how they grow; they do not toil, they do not spin. And yet I say to you that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Luk 12:27
09-28-2010 06:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Interpretum
This Space For Rent

"Pray like this: Our Father in heaven, may your name be honored. May your Kingdom come soon. May your will be done here on earth, just as it is in heaven. Give us our food for today, and forgive us our sins, just as we have forgiven those who have sinned against us." (Matt 6:9-12)

Seems like asking God for food is rather scriptural.

My Blog: The Prophetic Word

Latest post: Daniel 9 And The Seventy (70) Weeks - How Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy was fulfilled.
09-28-2010 08:55 PM
Find all posts by this user
observant
Concerning the Lilies

Ah but Interpretum,.. I never said it was wrong to ask for food.

Consider the lilies, how they grow; they do not toil, they do not spin. And yet I say to you that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Luk 12:27
09-28-2010 11:19 PM
Interpretum
This Space For Rent

observant Wrote:
Ah but Interpretum,.. I never said it was wrong to ask for food.

OK... I guess I was misreading things. My apologies :D

My Blog: The Prophetic Word

Latest post: Daniel 9 And The Seventy (70) Weeks - How Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy was fulfilled.
09-28-2010 11:32 PM
Ontheedge
Deborah

Dear Sis Observant:love:,

Actually, I did feel that you were insinuating that wanting food was a desire of the flesh:

"The fruitages of the flesh, are not always obvious. Sometimes they are as simple as wanting to feel important or admired, or to have our stomach filled or our house paid for.... that can lead us down the wrong path."

First, I want to address that I don't want to feel any more important than any one else. I share on this forum because I'm comfortable. The truth is that I share with anyone that I can. We are not supposed to hide our lamp. To be honest, it doesn't make me popular, and I don't care. I'm happy with my spiritual relationship, understanding and insight.

The church gave me a book called "Captivating", its about how women all want to be an important person in an adventure (I call it our princess complex), they all want to show their beauty (inside and outside) and they all want to be romanced. Part of the purpose of the book, I think, is to express that God has these qualities, that we have.

Life is an adventure, Lynn. I may be guilty of exploring more than some. That doesn't mean I want to showboat, it just means that I'm not afraid to jump into the water, climb the mountain or travel to a strange land.

Have you ever thought that Jesus or Jehovah would like to be romanced? I NEVER really thought about it, except for the way my heart wants to do something nice with art to express myself. The thought of God having a desire of romance has given me a new 'zest' of perception. Interesting, don't you think?

Anyways, back to food. Its a basic need. If I had the basics at the time, there would have been no need to go "outside of the box", to get some, would there? In fact, the more I have, the less I need to engage with others. The less I engage, the more my lamp is hidden under the table. Not where I want to be.

You mentioned a desire of the flesh being the desire to make a house note. I've loss two houses in the last five years and was ready for a homeless shelter this summer. Is my faith weak? No. Once, again, I'm going to express that we are NOT saved from every injustice or sin. We can build a stronghold box around us all we want and do you know what is created in that stronghold box? A prison. My EVERY need is thrown on God. Its the weak and foolish who get more, Lynn. Its embarrassing to be as foolish as I am, its a good thing I can laugh at myself.:D

The element of Holy Spirit that I didn't express was about "hearing". Its the hearing that gives me the information. To be honest, I don't listen very well. But, we are told to listen. I test the spirit, its not telling me to run naked through a street or to hurt someone. It just comforted me to get through an awkward scenario to get food, money and medicine. The guy's a nice guy who was looking where to give money, spiritually. A pilot in town a few hours, pretty good coincidence, if you ask me. He is rejuvenated spiritually and I'm learning new things. He likes 'male' spiritual stuff, for example: Charles Larkin. Too many more conversations with this man and I'll be best friends with Bethel Boy:D, then, I may be wife material for the pilots brother! :rofl:

Just curious, Lynn, what is the strongest Holy Spirit encounter that you experienced? My JW experience taught me to block spirit encounters. I'm not going to do that anymore. I'm going to have faith that God will take care of me with good gifts of spirit.

I hope and pray that I made some sense. An hour of writing later...

With Sis Love, Debbie

We may be suffering for a time but all things that belong to our Father will be bought back for Him. Be patient and have faith:pray: Learning to listen, patiently, for our deliverance.
09-29-2010 06:20 AM
observant
Concerning the Lilies

Hi Deborah! :love:

I was mainly talking 'subject' a bit in my post and did not directly comment on your experience because I didn't want you to feel uncomfortable about talking about it on the board. It seems that you don't feel that discomfort here so I'll talk abit about it. :-)

I also dont ususally go through a post line by line in my response, but there are alot of subjects in your reply so I want to make sure I address them.. I did the color thing cause it easier to follow..ok?

Actually, I did feel that you were insinuating that wanting food was a desire of the flesh:

"The fruitages of the flesh, are not always obvious. Sometimes they are as simple as wanting to feel important or admired, or to have our stomach filled or our house paid for.... that can lead us down the wrong path."

Yes I did note that sometimes the basic needs of the flesh and obtaining them can lead us down a wrong path. Let me expand my thought..

For example, does the need for food justify stealing, or maybe using other individuals emotions to satisfy our needs? Does the end justify the means? If we believe that we are taken care of by our Father, just as Jesus taught us we are, and the Holy Spirit is leading us to an action, would it not be void of these things? Perhaps sometimes the Spirit can encourage us to rely on our Father to fill our needs, but our flesh can 'fill' in the blanks about how that is suppose to happen. So in the end, was it God's will or our own? See what I mean?

First, I want to address that I don't want to feel any more important than any one else. I share on this forum because I'm comfortable. The truth is that I share with anyone that I can. We are not supposed to hide our lamp. To be honest, it doesn't make me popular, and I don't care. I'm happy with my spiritual relationship, understanding and insight.

Sis, I really dont get the impression that you feel you are anymore important than another. I love how you feel a freedom to express yourself and feel a comfort to do it here. I understand personally how shining our light can make us unpopular.:) I think though it is important to examine why we may share certain personal things on the board and the motive behind things, are we shining 'our lamp' are for what reason, or are we giving glory to him.

The church gave me a book called "Captivating", its about how women all want to be an important person in an adventure (I call it our princess complex), they all want to show their beauty (inside and outside) and they all want to be romanced. Part of the purpose of the book, I think, is to express that God has these qualities, that we have. [Have you ever thought that Jesus or Jehovah would like to be romanced? I NEVER really thought about it, except for the way my heart wants to do something nice with art to express myself. The thought of God having a desire of romance has given me a new 'zest' of perception. Interesting, don't you think?

Can't say I agree with the premise of that book. A 'princesscomplex" is not what the holy spirit teaches us to display as a woman in christ. Just as it is a downfall for men to want to be important and to 'show' themselves as intelligent and smart, a women doing so is just feeding a fleshly ego. The desire to be 'romanced' is also feeding a feeling of the flesh, sometimes it is also feeding a different spirit.

There is an intimacy with Jesus that involves real love, a deep connection and acceptance that cannot be linked to any 'physical' description. Your art is an expression of what you are, and a sharing of that, and I dont feel that has a connection to the flesh but is instead an opening up, and a willingness to share yourself with others, even if they do or do not like what you shared. It is a 'giving' thing. On the otherhand, if you do a piece of artwork for the sole purpose of recieving praise from others.. see how it feels something Completely different? So it is in effect the source of the well, that makes the water sweet or bitter.

Anyways, back to food. Its a basic need. If I had the basics at the time, there would have been no need to go "outside of the box", to get some, would there? In fact, the more I have, the less I need to engage with others. The less I engage, the more my lamp is hidden under the table. Not where I want to be.

You mentioned a desire of the flesh being the desire to make a house note. I've loss two houses in the last five years and was ready for a homeless shelter this summer. Is my faith weak? No. Once, again, I'm going to express that we are NOT saved from every injustice or sin. We can build a stronghold box around us all we want and do you know what is created in that stronghold box? A prison. My EVERY need is thrown on God. Its the weak and foolish who get more, Lynn. Its embarrassing to be as foolish as I am, its a good thing I can laugh at myself.

I kinda already address this earlier in my post, but just to add a couple of thoughts... In your orginal post, you spoke about why you were answering personal ads and said maybe it was better not to ask.. :) That told me a couple of things of 'why' you were thinking outside the box was not soley because the Holy Spirit told you too.. but perhaps was more in the thought of how you feel you should be romanced. I am glad that you received help, however I believe there is more going on with your emotions and decisions than having the basics filled. I too sister need to laugh at myself.. cause I know how to be foolish too, that is why I want you too know, I do not Judge you, but instead love you all the more, even to the extent of saying what I do. I see a danger and wish to direct your attention to it.

The element of Holy Spirit that I didn't express was about "hearing". Its the hearing that gives me the information. To be honest, I don't listen very well. But, we are told to listen. I test the spirit, its not telling me to run naked through a street or to hurt someone. It just comforted me to get through an awkward scenario to get food, money and medicine. The guy's a nice guy who was looking where to give money, spiritually. A pilot in town a few hours, pretty good coincidence, if you ask me. He is rejuvenated spiritually and I'm learning new things. He likes 'male' spiritual stuff, for example: Charles Larkin. Too many more conversations with this man and I'll be best friends with Bethel Boy, then, I may be wife material for the pilots brother!

Sometimes the biggest test of the Spirit is to determine what is Father and what is our own flesh. Is it fear that leads us, or maybe an emptiness in our life we are looking to fill emotionally? Does it lead us to make poor decisions? Yes, Father works with us where we are at. He is very patient with us, and teaches us gently and patiently. He doesnt expect perfection, but he does expect us to continue to learn, to listen to his voice. If we keep repeating behavior that is harmful to us or others, that is feeding a desire of the flesh, It blocks us not only from growth, but from really hearing what he trying to teach us. It is always for our greater benefit because he loves us so deeply and doesnt want us to harm ourselves or others in any way. Also if we are 'hearing' voices that lead us down such a path it should be examined if we are hearing from an unclean spirit.

Just curious, Lynn, what is the strongest Holy Spirit encounter that you experienced? My JW experience taught me to block spirit encounters. I'm not going to do that anymore. I'm going to have faith that God will take care of me with good gifts of spirit.

I hope and pray that I made some sense. An hour of writing later...

WOW! Not that's a question. Honestly sis, I am not at liberity to share the experience. It is private, and also involves others who I would like to honor by respecting the moment. Let me also say a few observations about talking about experiences of such a sort. Many times there are ones who just want to read such an account so that they can have their ears tickled. To enjoy the drama of it all. This is not something I want to contribute too. I have had some in my life, where this was their only motive in speaking with me and I eventually had to decline sharing with them my experiences. Too, I have found that alot of the time, what is given to me, is solely for the benefit of someone and not to be shared openly. The gifts can be very silent and are not noticable to the eye, but instead the fruitage reflects honor and glory to Jesus and our Father.

I send you my Love and pray his peace fill you
Lynn

09-29-2010 01:09 PM
Ontheedge
Deborah

Dear Lynn:love:,

It is what is it. Your perception is yours and mine is mine. Obviously, we are two different kinds of people. Perhaps, a Martha and Mary illustration?

I don't know if I want to go over your post, piece by piece. I know how to, but I am not motivated to. Perhaps its just not necessary or maybe, later. I don't know.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a long post.:giverose:

With Sis Love, Debbie

We may be suffering for a time but all things that belong to our Father will be bought back for Him. Be patient and have faith:pray: Learning to listen, patiently, for our deliverance.
09-29-2010 02:22 PM
observant
Concerning the Lilies

Debbie,

Please don't feel like you need to respond.. If you want to talk about it further, please feel free to send me a message on FB. :-)

:D goodness... was probably my longest post ever on this board! lol.. love you sis.

:love:
Lynn

09-29-2010 03:26 PM
observant
Concerning the Lilies

Ok... back to more of the subject at hand...

Because Jesus says he will call his sheep by name, each of us can hear his voice. It is not an exclusive event to just a few. We are also promised to be taught each individually by the Holy Spirit.

Willa mentioned pitfalls that can cause us too not be taught by the Spirit, would anyone like to add to that thought?

love
Lynn

09-29-2010 03:54 PM
BethelBoy

Hi Lynn:D You've got me scratching my head a bit. If the Scriptures you quote use "Him" to describe the Holy Spirit why all the "it's"?

An "it" can't

A. Teach
B. Be lied to ( Acts 5:3) and be called God
C. Be greived ( Eph 4:30,Is 63:10)
D. Groan (Ron 8:26)
E. Love (Rom 15:30)
F. Be insulted ( Heb 10:29)
G. Guide a person (Jn 16:13)
H. Help a person ( The Helper )
I. Know God's thoughts ( 1 Cor 2:11 )

Nor does an "it"

A. Have mind ( Rom 8:27)
B. Have a will of his own ( 1 Cor 12:11)

There are no places in the Bible where the Holy Spirit is called an "it" or a "thing".

from "let us reason.org Wrote:
The main purpose of the Holy Spirit was to come alongside the believer, to do what Jesus did when he was here physically, but mainly from the inside of us. He is called the comforter, this would be a hard thing to do if the Holy Spirit is an impersonal force. The helper paracletos is used for the Spirit in the NT. by Jesus. This was used in Greek almost always of persons. Here the Lord calls him our helper, one that comes alongside. Even with the other titles attributed to him this still does not change who he is behind those titles. He (the Spirit) says "separate Barnabas and Saul to me" he also is identified as "I" in Acts 13:2. If the Holy Spirit is an impersonal force as Jehovah’s Witnesses claim, or a mode as in Oneness Pentecostalism, then He cannot be another of the same kind. Jesus is a person, if the Spirit is another comforter this requires the Spirit to be a person also. How could He duplicate all the things of Jesus unless He is a person? The helper in Gr. paracletos, is used to describe the Spirit in the New Testament by Jesus. This was used in Greek almost always of persons. Here the Lord calls him our helper, one that comes alongside. When we speak of person it does not necessitate form but personality and identity.

Since He wrote the Scriptures He is the best teacher of them.

1 Cor 2:13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.

Many divine titles & names applied to the Holy Spirit show He is a person.

The Spirit of Life (Ezek 37:1-10; Jn 6:63)
The Spirit of the Lord Jehovah (Isa 61:1-3)
The Spirit of Holiness (Rom 1:4)
The Oil of Gladness (Heb 1:9)
The Holy Spirit of Promise (Eph 1:13)
The Spirit of Jesus Christ (Phil 1:19)
The Spirit (Jn 20:22; Gen 2:7)
The Spirit of the Living God (2 Cor 3:6)
LORD (Acts 28:25 & Heb 3:7)
The Spirit of Burning (Fire) (Mt 3:11)
The Spirit of God (l Cor 3:16)
The Spirit of burning (Isa 4:3-4)
The Spirit of Judgment (Isa 4:4)
The Spirit of His Son (Gal 4:6)
The Spirit of Glory (1 Pet 4:14)
God (Acts 5:3-4)
The Spirit of Life (Rom 8:2)
The Spirit of God, and of Christ (1 Cor 3:16, Rom 8:9)
The Spirit of Christ (Rom 8:9)
The Eternal Spirit (Heb 9:14)
The Spirit of Grace (Heb 10:29)
The Spirit of Wisdom and Knowledge (Isa 11:2)
The Spirit of Jehovah (Isa 11:2)
The Spirit of Knowledge and the Fear of the Lord (Isa 11:2)
The Holy Spirit (Lk 11:13)
The Spirit of Grace and Supplication (Zech 12:10)
The Comforter (Jn 14:26)
The Spirit of Truth (Jn 14:17; 15:26)
The Spirit of Jesus (Acts 16:6-7)
The Spirit of Counsel and Might (Acts 1:8,8:29, 16:6-7)

But there is only ONE SPIRIT right?

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit.

Ephesians 2:18
For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.

Ephesians 4:4
There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling;

Whose spirit indwells each believer?

2 Cor 13
5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified.

So in order to be "in the faith" Jesus Christ must dwell in you right? How by His spirit.

Rom 9
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Colossians 1:27
To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

1 Peter 1:10,11
10 Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you,
searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow.

John 14
15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper
( Physically they had Jesus now as He is departing(V1),

that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive( can you really receive an it?),

because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.( Spirit of Christ )

I'll have to come back another time for the ways the HS teaches.

But I think it vital to know who He is first.

BB:happyheart::heartbeat::happyheart:

http://www.uplook.org
http://www.voicesforchrist.org/order.html

Jesus sent him away, saying, 39 Return to your own house, and tell what great things God has done for you. And he went his way and proclaimed throughout the whole city what great things Jesus had done for him.

09-30-2010 12:50 AM
Willa
Peace, baby!

Group: Moderator

BethelBoy Wrote:
Hi Lynn:D You've got me scratching my head a bit. If the Scriptures you quote use "Him" to describe the Holy Spirit why all the "it's"?

Yes, Wayne, that's a hard habit to break. The Holy Spirit is of and from God and Christ - not a separate and impersonal spirit, but a very personal one! JWs tend to not understand that the HS also comes from Christ, as one former JW sister told me that "'Spirit of Christ' is NOT IN HER BIBLE!" But I showed her it certainly is even in the NWT as such :readthis: - and she was a little shocked because, sadly, the WT doesn't talk about that at all and the b&s are completely unprepared for the direct teaching of the Holy Spirit - unprepared and frightened of anything not printed as 'truth' in the wtbts literature. Doubly sad if any do experience HS teachings, but deny them because they fear that this Spirit, coming directly from God, might be an evil spirit trying to disway them. And well, truthfully, He is! God is trying to lead them aright, if they "have ears to listen."

Get yer ears on, JWs and listen to what the Spirit has to say!

:peace:

:heartbeat: You are my friends! I don't think it just by chance, but by God's Grand Design, that He has guided both our steps... to let your paths cross mine. :heartbeat:
09-30-2010 11:57 AM
ablebodiedman

Willa Wrote:

BethelBoy Wrote:

Yes, Wayne, that's a hard habit to break. The Holy Spirit is of and from God and Christ - not a separate and impersonal spirit, but a very personal one! JWs tend to not understand that the HS also comes from Christ, as one former JW sister told me that "'Spirit of Christ' is NOT IN HER BIBLE!" But I showed her it certainly is even in the NWT as such :readthis: - and she was a little shocked because, sadly, the WT doesn't talk about that at all and the b&s are completely unprepared for the direct teaching of the Holy Spirit - unprepared and frightened of anything not printed as 'truth' in the wtbts literature. Doubly sad if any do experience HS teachings, but deny them because they fear that this Spirit, coming directly from God, might be an evil spirit trying to disway them. And well, truthfully, He is! God is trying to lead them aright, if they "have ears to listen."

Willa,

I agree.

The Watchtower Society would have all their rank and file believe that Jesus Christ is communicating through an exclusive, esoteric group of men from somewhere deep within the Brooklyn Bethel Headquarters of the Watchtower Society. They call it "The Channel".

I believe a person with Holy Spirit is speaking directly to and hearing Jesus Christ.

That circumvents everything the Watchtower would prefer its rank and file to believe.

Hearing Jesus Christ is not restricted to any organization.

Including other Churches in Christianity!

It is very individualistic.

Revelation 3:19
“‘All those for whom I have affection I reprove and discipline. Therefore be zealous and repent. 20 Look! I am standing at the door and knocking. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come into his [house] and take the evening meal with him and he with me

In Christ

abe

the spiritual man examines all things

Jehovah's Witnesses - The Bible Report
The Unforgivable Sin
09-30-2010 12:35 PM
Ontheedge
Deborah

Dear Sis Observant:love:,

I've been spending time contemplating my reply. Mostly, I didn't want it based upon emotion. I'm going to pull on e paragraph and respond to it.

For example, does the need for food justify stealing, or maybe using other individuals emotions to satisfy our needs? Does the end justify the means? If we believe that we are taken care of by our Father, just as Jesus taught us we are, and the Holy Spirit is leading us to an action, would it not be void of these things? Perhaps sometimes the Spirit can encourage us to rely on our Father to fill our needs, but our flesh can 'fill' in the blanks about how that is suppose to happen. So in the end, was it God's will or our own? See what I mean?

First, I didn't have to steal anything. Desperation, for wanting food, for my children had me THINKING it at this time. That's one of the beautiful parts about the whole thing. Using someone emotions? NOPE, the guy offered a meal, in a personal ad. It was an opportunity, at the moment. You know, the man was probably feeling a little randy when he posted it, as some married men get. The ad didn't imply anything off color. He didn't try anything sexual or lewd. As soon as my food arrived at breakfast, I bowed my head in prayer. He said, wait, let me do it. Yes, he knows he is guilty of wanting to meet a woman when he is married. Do you know, he didn't expect to meet me? Nothing unclean happened, Lynn. I don't think you understand how close to the edge we both were in our lives. He has been asking God why he doesn't feel Holy Spirit, like some describe it. It turned out to be a VERY spiritual experience. He is as convinced as I am. We were BOTH blessed out of the situation.

Why do you think that Holy Spirit is just a private, personal experience? Why do you think that I wouldn't receive God's comfort? Is my life just too risque, for you? My life is colorful, I'm a colorful person. And do you know what? God loves me for my personality. Do you know something else? I have FAITH and BELIEVE God will save me from whatever I need to be saved from. God is my safety net on my trapeze. God doesn't prevent me from missing the bar, but He sure catches me after a long fall.

With Sis love, Debbie

09-30-2010 03:31 PM
BethelBoy

Hi Willa, Sometimes a good little Biblegateway keyword search can be a great bible study especially if you use exact match. Everywhere that exact phrase appears it list and you can choose from the whole bible OT, NT or a single book.

A quick search of " spirit of " comes up with 49 occurences in the NT (NKJV).

2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty

1 Corinthians 3:16
Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

Matthew 10:20
for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.

Luke 4:18 “ The Spirit of the LORD John 16:13

John 16:13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth

Ephesians 4:30
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Romans 8:9
But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

So we have

A. The Spirit of God that indwells the believer in v9
B. The Spirit of Christ indwells the Believer v9,10
C. The Holy Spirit v11 indwells in the believer

Yet we are told there is only ONE Spirit not three spirits.

Ephesians 2:18
For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.

Ephesians 4:4
There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling;

We also find that the eternal nature of the spirit in Hebrews

Hebrews 9:14
how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

And we find the OT Prophets had the Spirit of Christ in them.

10 Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, 11 searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow.

Yes there is a lot more to the HS than may the force be with you:D

The personality of the HS is pretty straight forward the roles He takes on is a lot more complex. We ought to give that a go sometime!

:peace: Wayne

Willa Wrote:

BethelBoy Wrote:

http://www.uplook.org
http://www.voicesforchrist.org/order.html

Jesus sent him away, saying, 39 Return to your own house, and tell what great things God has done for you. And he went his way and proclaimed throughout the whole city what great things Jesus had done for him.

09-30-2010 10:47 PM
observant
Concerning the Lilies

Dear Debbie,

The holy spirit is our teacher, so it would not be exclusive, but instead hearing our Lord's voice is an opportunity for all of God's children.

Perhaps it would be best to continue our conversation off board. My email is annalynn98@yahoo.com.

I send my love, and prayers for you to feel his comfort.
Lynn

10-01-2010 04:21 PM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites