Latest News: The Great Trubulation

zero0 joins the club
zero0

Group: Registered Plus
zero0 joins the club

I'm one of JW's but I disagree with many and increasing unscriptural practices within my religion.

I'm just figuring it out. Thanks to the Internet.

10-01-2010 09:35 AM
Find all posts by this user
isomam
In Spite of Many and Much

RE: zero0 joins the club

zero0 Wrote:
I'm one of JW's but I disagree with many and increasing unscriptural practices within my religion.

welcome, zero0. :welcome: i dare say that most everyone you will meet here (including me) has been where you are right now. :grouphug: when you have questions, need to vent, or whatever else, we are right here for you. do realize that you are beginning a process -- one which i have dubbed "spiritual catharsis" -- so be sure to go slow, and be very gentle with yourself.

remember, jesus said, 'come to me, all you who are toiling and burdened. for my ... load is light.' ;)

Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. Of these I am foremost.--1 Timothy 1:15.

Above all things, have INTENSE Love for one another.--1 Peter 4:8.

Sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts. ... Hold a good conscience.--1 Peter 3:15, 16.

TRUTH IS SIMPLE.
10-01-2010 09:43 AM
Bangalore

WelcomeZero0Day.

Warm Christian Love
Bangalore

"While producing people who were outwardly moral, they subverted the essential qualities of humility, compassion and mercy." - Raymond Franz
http://www.spiritualbrother.blogspot.com/
10-01-2010 09:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
e-magine
Disciple of Newness

Hi O! Great people here. Free thinkers and lovers of God all. How long have you been reading here?

Henry Ward Beecher-1872 Preacher of Plymouth Church, Brooklyn, in his home later bought by C.H. Russell.
He is looking at the Brooklyn Bridge,,,, is it the way into, or, out of Brooklyn for you?
10-01-2010 09:59 AM
Resolute
politicus incorrectissimus in extremis

Group: Moderator

Greetings Zed! :wave:

Make yourself at home. Let us know if we can assist you in any way.

in Christ's love,:love:
Rez

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one… – Edmund Burke
10-01-2010 11:33 AM
ablebodiedman

zero0 Wrote:

zero0,

Welcome,

Yep, I have concerns about those unscriptural practices too!.

The Internet and this forum has helped me out a lot.

I find that many Ex-JWs become so disillusioned that they turn completely around and become very outspoken athiests.

I hope that does not happen to you.

One very refreshing thing about this forum is that the members greatly encourage all people to continue following Jesus Christ no matter what!

You will not find that same sentiment in all Ex-JW forums.

So what unscriptural practices are concerning you?

For me it was the baptism.

Here is an excerpt from a 1955 Watchtower magazine that really got me thinking .......... and praying:

Quote:
w55 7/1 p. 411 Christian Baptism for the New World Society

15 A Christian, therefore, cannot be baptized in the name of the one actually doing the immersing or in the name of any man, nor in the name of any organization, but in the name of the Father, the Son and the holy spirit.

Look it up on your CD Library.

In Christ

abe

the spiritual man examines all things

Jehovah's Witnesses - The Bible Report
The Unforgivable Sin
10-01-2010 11:58 AM
gogh
Participator

Group: Moderator

Howdy ZeroO

Greetings and welcome.

:welcome:

Christian love,

gogh

"......."This is my Son, whom I have chosen. Keep listening to him!" Luke 9:35
10-01-2010 01:10 PM
richkelsey.org

zero0 Wrote:

Welcome! I think it is great that you are holding on to scripture and using it as a plum-line for measuring JW doctrine.

So many people give up on the Bible completley when they find out the sect they are in is untrue.

In the case of JWs I have found that reading Russell's early works takes the mystery out of the formation of the Society.

If I can be of any help in your quest for truth please e-mail me:

globalevangelism@msn.com

Rich Kelsey

10-01-2010 09:35 PM
BeginAgain
Not So New

:welcome: ZeroO ~ How truly wonderful that the Holy Spirit (God's breath) has directed you here. Take a deep breath and relax. No one will judge you here. We are all at different levels of recovery and want you to feel comfortable, so you may want to start by reading the threads that interest you most and contributing if you want to add a thought or comment. Myself, I feel like an ant among giants here, so many Bible scholars and absolutely brilliant people that it's hard for me to speak up. Hope that's not the case with you. :friends:

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift; that's why they call it the present." Eleanor Roosevelt
10-01-2010 10:34 PM
BethelBoy

Welcome zero0, There is nothing better than loosing Religion by trading it in for a Relationship with the living Lord " Jesus Christ ":D:D:D

After all there are really only two Religions in the world
#1. Those who have a Saviour #2. Those who don't

Since after all there is only ONE Saviour "The Lord Jesus Christ"!!!

Acts 4:12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

Acts 16:31
So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

John 10:9
I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

Islam= save yourself ( good works )
WTBTS= save yourself ( good works )
RCC = save yourself ( good works )
Mormonism = save yourself ( good works )
and on and on

Romans 4:5
But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,

1 Peter 3:18
For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit,

Blessings

BB:happyheart::heartbeat::happyheart:

zero0 Wrote:

http://www.uplook.org
http://www.voicesforchrist.org/order.html

Jesus sent him away, saying, 39 Return to your own house, and tell what great things God has done for you. And he went his way and proclaimed throughout the whole city what great things Jesus had done for him.

10-02-2010 01:19 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites