Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Garden of Eden = New Jerusalem
ablebodiedman

Group: Registered Plus
RE: Garden of Eden = New Jerusalem

Diggin,

I expect that the Promised Land is the Garden of Eden.

What Christians want is to get into that promised land however, how do we do that?

I personaly believe that many of us are in a "wilderness condition" similar to that of the old testament.

The journey to that promised land is a spiritual journey.

Ezekiel Chapter 20 speaks to a very similar journey through the wilderness to that one made by ancient Israelites.

Ezekiel 20:33-38
“‘As I am alive,’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, ‘it will be with a strong hand and with a stretched-out arm and with outpoured rage that I will rule as king over YOU people. 34 And I will bring YOU forth from the peoples, and I will collect YOU together out of the lands to which YOU have been scattered with a strong hand and with a stretched-out arm and with outpoured rage. 35 And I will bring YOU into the wilderness of the peoples and put myself on judgment with YOU there face to face.
36 “‘Just as I put myself on judgment with YOUR forefathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so I shall put myself on judgment with YOU,’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah. 37 ‘And I will make YOU pass under the rod and bring YOU into the bond of the covenant. 38 And I will clean out from YOU the revolters and the transgressors against me, for out of the land of their alien residence I shall bring them forth, but onto the soil of Israel they will not come; and YOU people will have to know that I am Jehovah.’

I believe we are in a similar condition to those ancient Israelites with all the same blessings extended toward us as well as all the same consequences.

What we do now is very important.

In Christ

abe

the spiritual man examines all things

Jehovah's Witnesses - The Bible Report
The Unforgivable Sin
12-31-2010 03:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
digging

Dear George and Abe,

I want to reply to both of you here. 1st George I want to tell you that I totally agree with you about the rain being a symbol for the holy spirit, I really like how you picked up on that in Joel with the two rains very good point! I have studied on rain also and found there are many wonderful connections. One of my favorities is in

Hebrews 6 :7 For ground that drinks the rain which often falls on it and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is also tilled, receives a blessing from God;

8but if it yields thorns and thistles, it is worthless and close to being cursed, and it ends up being burned.

I see this as an illustration of man himself. Adam yielded thorns and thistles & a curse....but we have the hope of receiving a blessing.

The KEY point of interested is "For ground that drinks the rain..." we are made from the earths ground, and just as real rain falls on the soil, YHWH spirit rains down on us, on the soil of our heart, and he is looking for the fruitage of the holy spirit to grow...so we are the garden he is cultivating....

Dear Abe,

I agree with you about us being in a wilderness like event again.

I want to share a point about the tabernacle I found a small but interesting thing that I think ties in with what you are saying.
Remember how the tabernacle was covered in animal skins?

Exodus 26:14 "Make for the tent a covering of ram skins dyed red, and over that a covering of the other durable leather"

Well the part I find so interesting is that YHWH clothed Adam in animals skin when he put him out of the garden.

Gen 3:21 "The YHWH God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them."

Adding to this Adams name means 'Red' that can't be nothing!

So then there seems to be a powerful connection between the temporary tabernacle in the wilderness and Adam and more so Jesus as the 'last Adam'.

Adam was put out of the blessed condition of the Garden like going into a wilderness, clothed in animals skins with the name 'red'.

Jesus came to us in place of Adam, came to us in the wilderness of sin, died as a 'ram' and his righteous (red) blood can now 'cover' us.

The fact that we need to be covered I think is showing we are still in the wilderness and we become like the tabernacle covered with the red dyed rams skin when we become faithful believers during this temporary situation between the garden and new Jerusalem.

Well that one way of looking at it ;)

There are other connection also, and different ones.

Digging

Ps I feel so very blessed to be able to study and share with all of you here.

01-01-2011 02:42 AM
Find all posts by this user
digging

Dear New Heart,

I agree so much with the point you made about God's love, and feeling his love in our heart. I see this as fruitage of the spirit. I remember when I first learned about Gals 5:22 "But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.."

I thought each fruit was separate some how from the other, each to be 'cultivated' on it's own, however I don't see it that way any more. Early on when my heart would begin to feel this warmth and enlivedness I tried to identify feelings to the moment. That's when I noticed at those moments my heart is filled all at the same time with the feelings of love, joy, peace, patience....so I believe the fruitage of the spirit is all of these virtues together at once.
For me it's just a hint, moments when I feel this way. I would love to be able to go through my whole day feeling full of love & joy & peace....!

Digging

01-01-2011 07:19 PM
Find all posts by this user
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites