Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
Hello to all
Sean T
Sean

Group: Registered Plus
Hello to all

Hey everyone,

Just to officially say a big Hello to you all.

I have already posted about 5 times, as had to do this at least 3, I was told before I could post a new thread :ok:

I look forward to having discussions on scriptures and various topics over the coming while.

Christian greetings

Sean

Micah 6:8
He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does YHWH require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.

01-19-2011 06:38 PM
Find all posts by this user
gogh
Participator

Group: Moderator
RE: Hello to all

Official greetings and salutations Sean T. :cheer:

Thank you for your encouraging posts.

Christian love and appreciation,

gogh

"......."This is my Son, whom I have chosen. Keep listening to him!" Luke 9:35
01-19-2011 06:42 PM
Resolute
politicus incorrectissimus in extremis

Yupper, Sean, now you can start threads!:thumbsup:

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

in christ,
rez

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one… – Edmund Burke
01-19-2011 06:46 PM
jayme

Welcome Sean! :welcome:

Its always a delite to meet new bro/sis who are truely seeking to worship in spirit and truth! :cheer:

Looking foreward to your comments!

Blessings

Jayme

“It has been accomplished!” - John 19:30
01-19-2011 10:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Sean T
Sean

Thanks for welcome folks,

Just out of interest, is there a way I can change my user name from Sean T to Sean (leaving out the T). I have emailed admin about this, but am not getting an answer back about this. If i cant change it, fair enough, will need to make do with what I have got.

Sean

01-21-2011 09:22 AM
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Hi and a warm :camp: welcome to you Sean ...:)

Looking forward to getting to know you better and have an exchange of encouragement as we seek to come to know and worship our God and his son better! :read::thumbsup:

Christian love, BR :sheepy::bouncyhearts:

PS as to your question about changing your name ... not sure yet ... will have to ask my hubby ... :blush::blush: I think it can be done though ...

wait ... just an answer ... :redface:

Your username has to be 5 characters or more to work ... :):hibye::D;):thumbup::thumbup:

Hope that helps ... we will call you 'sean' though so maybe it is 'sort of' like redoing your name ...? :giverose:

http://bruisedreednotbroke.blogspot.com
01-21-2011 01:07 PM
Sean T
Sean

BruisedReed Wrote:
Hi and a warm :camp: welcome to you Sean ...:)

Looking forward to getting to know you better and have an exchange of encouragement as we seek to come to know and worship our God and his son better! :read::thumbsup:

Christian love, BR :sheepy::bouncyhearts:

PS as to your question about changing your name ... not sure yet ... will have to ask my hubby ... :blush::blush: I think it can be done though ...

wait ... just an answer ... :redface:

Your username has to be 5 characters or more to work ... :):hibye::D;):thumbup::thumbup:

Hope that helps ... we will call you 'sean' though so maybe it is 'sort of' like redoing your name ...? :giverose:

Thanks bruised Reed. I will need to read your bio or old threads as would like to know why your username is bruised reed.

Sean

01-21-2011 07:56 PM
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Hi sean ....:hibye:

I can give you the quick version ... ;)

When you have elders 'out to take away your good name' ... and which they succeeded ... sometimes you did feel 'bruised' ... but because I wholehearted love my God and want to serve him ... I knew that they couldn't 'break' me if I remained steadfast and pure in my heart and intentions to 'obey God as ruler rather than man' ...

my name used to be 'bruisedreednotbroke' based on the scripture at Isaiah 42:3 ...

3 No crushed reed will he break; and as for a dim flaxen wick, he will not extinguish it. In trueness he will bring forth justice.

(ASV) A bruised reed will he not break, and a dimly burning wick will he not quench: he will bring forth justice in truth.

Then when we 'moved' in here I shortened it to make it easier for everyone to type ... and then really shortened it with just the 'BR'!

My family were going through a very difficult time looking for justice amid lies and cover-ups and the going was long (over 12 years) of struggling all the way to the GB for help ... but no help came ... at least from MEN ...

I prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed :pray: :pray: :pray: some more for answers and direction ... asking my father to see that justice win out ... but it did not in the way I thought ...

One night as I lay praying I finally realized I had received my answer from my prayers by the very silence and lack of support and help from the 'slave' was the answer ...

There could be no help from someone who could not help ... who did not have the truthful answers (and even based on all the literature from themselves 'justice' could have been done) and aid from those 'sheperds' of 'feeding food at the right time' because they did not have the answers and was not a 'hiding place or shelter from the wind and rain' ...

After realizing that ... and continuing my studies in order to remain spiritually awake and alert I began to more and more discover the TRUE FREEDOM that comes from following in Christ's footsteps and my faith and love and trust in my father and his Son grew exponentially more deeper and real and unbreakable the more I had to rely on them for my nourishment!

Indeed ambrosia-like meals ... banquets really ... were placed before me everyday and I have not lacked for anything as my God promised ...

He has also blessed ALL OF US here by associcating together, upbuilding one another, encouraging one another ... all the more so!

I hope you find the love and brotherly fellowship here with real true Christians who seek to serve in spirit and truth ... are free to ask the hard questions and not be ridiculed or thought of as weak or independent or apostate or whatever ... and while there is no answers to some questions ... YET ... there is much joy and brain sharpening that goes on as we seek to sort out the true from the false ...

Looking forward to hearing your story as well! :love:

I said I'd keep it short and I have already blathered on too much already ... which you'll notice if you read some of my stuff ... :redface: but my family here seem to love me anyway and in spite of my rambling keyboard! :post:

christian love to you and yours, BR :sheepy: :bouncyhearts:

01-21-2011 08:49 PM
Lauderdale

Hello BR

your quote ! and in spite of my rambling keyboard! :post:

I love them!!!!!!!!!!

Your Sis Lauderdale :cheer::friends:

01-22-2011 11:48 AM
man hu
Babe and any other piggy names

Sean T Wrote:

Just out of interest, is there a way I can change my user name from Sean T to Sean (leaving out the T). I have emailed admin about this, but am not getting an answer back about this. If i cant change it, fair enough, will need to make do with what I have got.

Sean

Yes there is no Sean without a T so Sean may well be possible.
We'll just check with admin. to confirm setup.

Vicky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1sj2gQJIKI
01-22-2011 01:04 PM
grateful

Welcome Sean :hibye:(my brothers holds that name too!) and look foreward to getting to know more about you.:drinking:
Christian love,
Grateful:giverose:

01-22-2011 04:08 PM
grateful

obviously I meant 'my brother':)

01-22-2011 04:09 PM
Sean T
Sean

BruisedReed Wrote:
Hi sean ....:hibye:

I can give you the quick version ... ;)

When you have elders 'out to take away your good name' ... and which they succeeded ... sometimes you did feel 'bruised' ... but because I wholehearted love my God and want to serve him ... I knew that they couldn't 'break' me if I remained steadfast and pure in my heart and intentions to 'obey God as ruler rather than man' ...

my name used to be 'bruisedreednotbroke' based on the scripture at Isaiah 42:3 ...

3 No crushed reed will he break; and as for a dim flaxen wick, he will not extinguish it. In trueness he will bring forth justice.

(ASV) A bruised reed will he not break, and a dimly burning wick will he not quench: he will bring forth justice in truth.

Then when we 'moved' in here I shortened it to make it easier for everyone to type ... and then really shortened it with just the 'BR'!

My family were going through a very difficult time looking for justice amid lies and cover-ups and the going was long (over 12 years) of struggling all the way to the GB for help ... but no help came ... at least from MEN ...

I prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed :pray: :pray: :pray: some more for answers and direction ... asking my father to see that justice win out ... but it did not in the way I thought ...

One night as I lay praying I finally realized I had received my answer from my prayers by the very silence and lack of support and help from the 'slave' was the answer ...

There could be no help from someone who could not help ... who did not have the truthful answers (and even based on all the literature from themselves 'justice' could have been done) and aid from those 'sheperds' of 'feeding food at the right time' because they did not have the answers and was not a 'hiding place or shelter from the wind and rain' ...

After realizing that ... and continuing my studies in order to remain spiritually awake and alert I began to more and more discover the TRUE FREEDOM that comes from following in Christ's footsteps and my faith and love and trust in my father and his Son grew exponentially more deeper and real and unbreakable the more I had to rely on them for my nourishment!

Indeed ambrosia-like meals ... banquets really ... were placed before me everyday and I have not lacked for anything as my God promised ...

He has also blessed ALL OF US here by associcating together, upbuilding one another, encouraging one another ... all the more so!

I hope you find the love and brotherly fellowship here with real true Christians who seek to serve in spirit and truth ... are free to ask the hard questions and not be ridiculed or thought of as weak or independent or apostate or whatever ... and while there is no answers to some questions ... YET ... there is much joy and brain sharpening that goes on as we seek to sort out the true from the false ...

Looking forward to hearing your story as well! :love:

I said I'd keep it short and I have already blathered on too much already ... which you'll notice if you read some of my stuff ... :redface: but my family here seem to love me anyway and in spite of my rambling keyboard! :post:

christian love to you and yours, BR :sheepy: :bouncyhearts:

Thankyou for your story Brusied Reed, and sorry for not replying sooner.

I can see that you have had quite a time of it in the way you were treated. It is interesting how the elders and the GB did not have the answers you needed at the right time, 'the hiding place or shelter from the wind and rain....'.

The stress placed upon you during these years must have been horrendous. Placing your whole trust in imperfect men will only lead to disappointment (Psalm 146:3). Sadly, it took me almost 15 years 'in the truth' to realise this. Though we have been taught to adhere to this scripture in connection with putting our trust in 'wordly people'; we are taught to place our whole trust in a body of imperfect men (the GB) WHO CAN DO NO WRONG; yet they claim they are not infallible?? I like you, also placed too much trust in certain elders ( imperfect men), only to be very disappointed in the unloving, uncaring attitude of 'some'.

That is not to say, that there are no loving shepherds out there. Though imperfect, there have been some outstanding loving individuals that I would truly call shepherds (though imperfect), despite some of the errors they are taught by the GB.

I also, like you, am enjoying true freedom in following the teachings and footsteps of Christ; and am building a much stronger relationship with my Father (YHWH) and his beloved son Jesus (Yeshua).

Also, you are right that it is good to associate here, by discussing some difficult questions to scriptures that are a little obscure at this time, but will be clearer in the future; yet we can do so without the fear of being looked upon as being weak, apostate etc....and can be sharpened by what we may learn from each other.

Thanks once again bruised reed. You didnt ramble on at all. I really enjoyed what you wrote and can see it was very much from the heart.

Christian love

Sean

01-24-2011 06:13 PM
Sean T
Sean

man hu Wrote:

Sean T Wrote:

Sean

Yes there is no Sean without a T so Sean may well be possible.
We'll just check with admin. to confirm setup.

Vicky

Hi Vicky,
that would be great if you can change my user name to 'Sean'.

I would be very grateful if you do this.

Thanks

Sean

01-24-2011 06:25 PM
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Hey br. Sean ... :hibye:

One thing in my (our) 'trials by fire' is that the unexpected deep spiritual growth I experienced was truly amazing and faith strenghtening!

In spite of being 'thrown out of the synagogue' and thus alienated from my brothers ... for now ... the RICH BLESSINGS I have experienced has indeed given much JOY ...!

I so yearn for my brothers and sisters to 'see' and 'feel' what I do now ... but it can only come at 'their' time ... as they walk on their own particular spiritual journey!

Even when I was an active witness and full time pioneer, one thing I always did when I didn't understand something or some new point or understanding was being taught was ask questions :scratchhead: in my personal studying :read:either to myself:huh: and then in prayer to my heavenly Father :pray: or an elder :albert:

I remember for example when the change about the the people of Sodom and Gomorrah came about whether they would be resurrected or not ... I didn't 'agree' (bad me) with the change in the Live Forever book on this and so I skipped over it when I would study with people in service ... and then not too long later they changed it back again ... :shocked: and of course the 'eye of the needle' explanation ... and many others ...

If the 'holy spirit' were indeed letting the GB have insight as they say they have and as they have taken on the role of being our 'spiritual guides' ... I would think that in these SIMPLE things they would get it right the FIRST time ... and if I myself weren't granted having Jehovah's spirit 'enlighten me through pray and study' then how did 'I' know when they went through a period of being 'wrong' in their understanding ...

I am not saying I was 'better' than them ... just that our brothers and sisters CAN have understanding ... that they don't have to rely on MEN to explain things of a spiritual nature ... and that if something doesn't sound or feel right to them ... then they should not just blindly go along with it just because it is coming from the 'slave' and since their are God's channel they 'must' know what they are talking about ...

Anyway, don't know how I ended up at this tangent ... maybe because I was reading some of the comments on the Watchtower thread ... :love:

This freedom in Christ is a beautiful thing isn't it!! :rose: :rose: :rose:

May we also be free from our shackles as we continue to walk the path our master trod!

Christian love to you and yours my brother! BR :sheepy: :bouncyhearts:

01-25-2011 12:33 PM
Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites