Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Pages (4): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] Last »
Priests ... Who are they BIBLICALLY?
COMankind

Group: Registered Plus
RE: Priests ... Who are they BIBLICALLY?

Sis Rez...

Ok. Understanding your view now.

Jerusalem = Babylon the Great - I have the same thing. But she is also the Woman that gives birth to the child, who is protected in the wilderness for 1260 days. That Woman becomes the Harlot/Babylon the Great later, a city riding on the back of Rome. (See Ezekiel 16)

But the 12 tribes of 12K a piece...you feel that is representative of the Spiritual Israelites? 12x12,000 = 144K. The total of the twelve tribes is 144K, no more. "Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel. From the tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed,
from the tribe of Reuben 12,000,
from the tribe of Gad 12,000 ...."

------

"And by faith Abel still speaks, even though he is dead. By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death: "He could not be found, because God had taken him away."" - heb 11:4,5 - Enoch did not experience death. Abel and others did.

I see the two witnesses at Peter and Paul, they were true martyrs, and were able to perform miracles like Jesus. Elijah and Moses did not die in a manner such as described in Revelation: "For three and a half days some from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial."

--------

I guess I am not seeing where the spiritual Israelites are identified. This is a critical group, and would be odd that they are not directly shown distinct the 144K and great crowd.

Compare the description of the Great Crowd and those under the tent:

'Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat down on them,' nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; 'he will lead them to springs of living water.' 'And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.'" - Rev 7:16,17

"And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Look! God's dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 'He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death' or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."" - Rev 21:3,4

This is describing the same group. The Great Crowd cannot be numbered, because it has been infinitely regenerating. Their heavenly calling was made possible by Jesus' blood, thus why their robes are stained. The 144K had been waiting under the altar (not the grave) and were handed white robes, which were not stained in blood. i.e. Enoch did not need Jesus' blood to be raised.

So I completely agree with you about Jerusalem being the Harlot and Babylon the Great..

philia, COMankind

"The tent of God is with mankind" - Rev 21:3

02-06-2011 08:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Willa
Peace, baby!

Group: Moderator

Priests ... Who are they BIBLICALLY?

Another couple of relevant questions -

From the Scriptures, can it be proven that the Christianity of the New Testament is patterned after the Old Testament Temple and Priesthood?

Biblically, do Christians today require 'priests' to be 'in authority' over them, to make sacrifices for them, so-to-speak, and represent them before God?

:peace:

:heartbeat: You are my friends! I don't think it just by chance, but by God's Grand Design, that He has guided both our steps... to let your paths cross mine. :heartbeat:
02-06-2011 09:36 PM
Find all posts by this user
man hu
Babe and any other piggy names

Dear COMankind, I think you are going to have to take this slowly. Your mind seems to be bouncing around all over the place.

Let's start with the spiritual Israelites. The group in Revelation has been cleansed of idolatry. Dan and Ephraim have been removed as these were counted responsible for the the worship of the two golden calves. They were replaced by Levi and Joseph thus maintaining the numbers and Joseph's double portion.
This main group are sitting there under our noses but the WT has convinced us it does not mean anything or is the same as the 144,000.

You asked about the other sheep. This is a WT red herring. It has nothing to do with their two tier agenda. It has been discussed many times so I will put up some links and then we can discuss any queries.

http://www.paradisecafediscussions.net/s...p?tid=4913

The Mosaic Covenant was the wall of the pen, so those that were never within that pen were the Gentiles, who would also become followers of Christ.
I have just been made redundant, so I can take the time to answer your questions individually.
By the way the two witnesses are definitely not Peter and Paul.
Wanna discuss?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1sj2gQJIKI
02-07-2011 05:19 AM
Resolute
politicus incorrectissimus in extremis

COMankind Wrote:
Sis Rez...

Ok. Understanding your view now.

I wish....:dontknow:

Quote:
Jerusalem = Babylon the Great - I have the same thing. But she is also the Woman that gives birth to the child, who is protected in the wilderness for 1260 days. That Woman becomes the Harlot/Babylon the Great later, a city riding on the back of Rome. (See Ezekiel 16)

I believe that the Woman who gives birth to the male child is a covenant. Paul spoke of this covenant as a free woman -- Jerusalem above, our mother.

"Tell me, YOU who want to be under law, Do YOU not hear the Law? For example, it is written that Abraham acquired two sons, one by the servant girl and one by the free woman; but the one by the servant girl was actually born in the manner of flesh, the other by the free woman through a promise. These things stand as a symbolic drama; for these [women] mean two covenants, the one from Mount Si′nai, which brings forth children for slavery, and which is Ha′gar. Now this Ha′gar means Si′nai, a mountain in Arabia, and she corresponds with the Jerusalem today, for she is in slavery with her children. But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother. For it is written: “Be glad, you barren woman who does not give birth; break out and cry aloud, you woman who does not have childbirth pains; for the children of the desolate woman are more numerous than [those] of her who has the husband.” Now we, brothers, are children belonging to the promise the same as Isaac was. But just as then the one born in the manner of flesh began persecuting the one born in the manner of spirit, so also now. Nevertheless, what does the Scripture say? “Drive out the servant girl and her son, for by no means shall the son of the servant girl be an heir with the son of the free woman.” Wherefore, brothers, we are children, not of a servant girl, but of the free woman." -- Galatians 4:21-31

"And he must keep [the] covenant in force for the many for one week; and at the half of the week he will cause sacrifice and gift offering to cease." -- Daniel 9:27

In the first century fulfillment of the seventieth week, sacrifice and gift offering ceased with the death of Jesus at the half of the week that started with Jesus' baptism. But the kingdom invitation went out exclusively to Israel for another 3 1/2 years. After that it was opened to non-Jews starting with Cornelius.

In the future fulfillment of this week (7 years) the altar group (144K) will be complete at the half of the week. Those ones make up the male child who is "to shepherd all the nations with an iron rod". (Revelation 12:5)

And her child was caught away to God and to his throne just as Jesus promised at Revelation 2:26-27:

"And to him that conquers and observes my deeds down to the end I will give authority over the nations, and he shall shepherd the people with an iron rod so that they will be broken to pieces like clay vessels, the same as I have received from my Father."

The male child she gives birth to is the 144K.

But the woman (the New Covenant = Heavenly Jerusalem) will be fed and protected in the wilderness for the second half of the week (another 3 1/2 years). She has remaining sons on earth after she brings forth the male child (144K) These remaining ones of her seed will be targets of Satan (the dragon).

There is too much here to cover in just a few posts. I see that Vicky has given a link to more discussion. Take your time. There's a lot here.:eat:

More discussion later, if you wish.:giverose:

Just a note: you might want to compare translations for an understanding of what happened to Enoch in Hebrews 11:5. Verse 13 is a direct statement of fact, whereas some translators have played with the words of verse 5. Best to check an interlinear.

take care,
rez

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one… – Edmund Burke
02-07-2011 02:04 PM
e-magine
Disciple of Newness

Hi rez and Vic!
Thank you for your cogent insights! :thumbsup:
I like to simplify so here's what I get:
The 12 tribes of Rev7 are Spiritual Israelites, that is Christians. The law is written on their hearts, not parchment. They are referenced through out the NT. Their total number could be in the Billions!
Out of them comes a symbolic 12,000, from each tribe, that totals a symbolic 144K. This group is not "sealed" yet until the middle of the GT.
It sounds like this group are the Christians and true Jews before them, who have literally been martyred up to the middle of the GT. Is this what you are thinking? Other then the fact that they have literally been killed for their witnessing for Jesus, do they have any special status or duties that seperate them from the rest of the spiritual Isralites????
The GC are those of the 12 tribes (spiritual Israelites) who have not or will not be martyred and therefore some will live through the GT. :detective:

Henry Ward Beecher-1872 Preacher of Plymouth Church, Brooklyn, in his home later bought by C.H. Russell.
He is looking at the Brooklyn Bridge,,,, is it the way into, or, out of Brooklyn for you?
02-07-2011 05:17 PM
man hu

Quote:
The GC are those of the 12 tribes (spiritual Israelites) who have not or will not be martyred and therefore some will live through the GT. :detective:

No the GC comes out of all 'tribes, peoples and tongues', which is Bible speak for symbolic Gentiles. These are the ones who have not recognised Jesus' sovereignty. The WT dumbs this piece of scripture down by pictures of what looks like a United Nations ad. and women with fruit in their hats. They give this symbolic scripture a literal picture suggesting the GC will come from a multinational group. Well of course it will, but then the symbolic Israelites and the 144,000 will also come from a multinational group.
So those who have not come to recognise kindom authority will have some come out from among them due to the plagues, the great tribulation. Then in recognition at that time. wash their robes in the blood of the Lamb.

02-07-2011 07:46 PM
e-magine
Disciple of Newness

Hi Vic!
That is exactly what I was thinking, but failed to elaborate!

Of course, both the 12 tribes of spiritual Israel and the GC are made up of people from many different cultures. The difference is, that the 12 symbolic tribes people, are aware of their spiritual needs, and accept God or Christ on faith (things not beheld), before the GT.
The GC, on the other hand, don't wash their robes in the blood of the Lamb until they have seen amazing things during the GT! Christ accepts these last hour devotees, the symbolic Gentiles from all nations. This was depicted in the "workers in the field" parable.

But what of the subset of the 12 tribes, the 144K? What makes them different from the rest of the 12 tribes?
I'm thinking, that they symbolize Christians, who have accepted Christ since his first coming. The others being pre Christian lovers of God. ??
Or are you thinking that the 144K are the Christians who are martyred?

Henry Ward Beecher-1872 Preacher of Plymouth Church, Brooklyn, in his home later bought by C.H. Russell.
He is looking at the Brooklyn Bridge,,,, is it the way into, or, out of Brooklyn for you?
02-07-2011 11:11 PM
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Hey there dear willa ... :hibye:

You asked a couple of good questions ... :confused::thumbsup:

From the Scriptures, can it be proven that the Christianity of the New Testament is patterned after the Old Testament Temple and Priesthood?

Biblically, do Christians today require 'priests' to be 'in authority' over them, to make sacrifices for them, so-to-speak, and represent them before God?

I found some definitions and thoughts that might be good to reflect upon in our understanding of what KIND of 'priests' may be spoken of in Revelation 20:6 and 5:10 and 1:6 for example ...

Rev. 20:6 ...

(BBE) Happy and holy is he who has a part in this first coming: over these the second death has no authority, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will be ruling with him a thousand years.

Rev. 5:10 ...

(ASV) and madest them to be unto our God a kingdom and priests; and they reign upon earth.

(BBE) And have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are ruling on the earth.

Rev. 1:6 ...

(ASV) and he made us to be a kingdom, to be priests unto his God and Father; to him be the glory and the dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

(BBE) And has made us to be a kingdom and priests to his God and Father; to him let glory and power be given for ever and ever. So be it.

Now in all three scripture references here the Greek word 'hiereus' is used and has the meaning below ...

G2409 ἱερεύς

hiereus hee-er-yooce'

From G2413; a priest (literally or figuratively): - (high) priest.

G2413 ἱερός

hieros hee-er-os'

Of uncertain affinity; sacred: - holy.

Okay, now I found this information on the meaning of the word 'hiereus' and the use of it in relation to 'priest' that I found I need to think on a bit. I am hoping that some of our scholarly 'chefs' :chef: will add something to the cooking pot on this as well ... :giverose::eat:

(sorry if i'm a bit slow today but I've been fighting a migraine and have been on pills for the last 3 days and so am a wee bit fuzzy and lightheaded ... better than aching pain though ... but I wanted to put something up to your questions dear willa as I read them earlier and have been thinking about them and didn't want them to get lost ...)

For example, note what this says ...

http://www.dabhand.org/Word%20Studies/priest.htm

Priest

The priest was an important part of Jewish society in both New and Old Testament times; it is therefore not surprising that a relatively large vocabulary existed to describe them in both Hebrew and Greek. The purpose of this paper is to detail the four Hebrew and four Greek words that were rendered ‘priest’ in the King James Version.

Three of the Hebrew words rendered ‘priest’ are derived from the fourth which is kâhan (H3547). This is a primitive root which means to mediate in religious services[1].

In fact the translation of that single word is often: “that he may minister unto me in the priest's office”. Of the 23 occurrences of kâhan all but one are roughly in that form. The other (Is 61:10) refers to a bridegroom putting on his clothes.

The masculine noun derived from kâhan is kôhên (H3548) and is by far the commonest Hebrew word rendered ‘priest’ occurring seven hundred and forty-seven times[2]. It means the one that is officiating in the religious ceremony.

The first use of the term was to describe Melchizedek (Gen 14:18) although the term was used of pagan priest too (eg Gen 41:45). The Chaldee equivalent kâhên (H3549) is used on eight occasions from Ezr 6:9-7:24; interestingly it is interspersed with the more common Hebrew word!

The final Hebrew term rendered ‘priest’ is the feminine noun kehûnnâh (H3550). This refers not to the person of the priest but to the office which the priest holds.

Of the fourteen occasions the word occurs it is described as the “priest’s office” five times and as the priesthood nine.

In a remarkable and pleasing act of uniformity three of the four Greek words correspond directly to the Hebrew.

Hierateia
(G2405) means the office of the priesthood and is so rendered on the two occasions it occurs. It is thus equivalent to the Hebrew kehûnnâh (H3550).

hierateuō (G2407) is equivalent to the Hebrew root kâhan and means to execute the function of a priest. It occurs on only one occasion: Lu 1:9.

The Greek word for priest is hiereus (G2409); it occurs thirty times and is rendered priest on each occasion. It is thus the equivalent of the Hebrew kôhên (H3548).

The fourth Greek word rendered ‘priest’ is archiereus (G749).

It is a combination of archē(G746) meaning commencement, first or chief[3] and hiereus (G2409) meaning priest. Therefore the one Greek word has really captured the meaning of the two Hebrew words gâdôl kôhên. The word is rendered either High Priest (55), Chief Priests (65) and High Priests(3).

We therefore see that ‘priest’ is a nice and orderly word. Each of the words it is rendered from is rendered consistently and there is strong alignment between the Hebrew and Greek forms. The three primary distinctions are between the action of officiating as a priest, the office of being a priest and the priest himself. Both languages distinguish the ‘chief’ priest although the Hebrew does this using two words whilst the Greek has encapsulated the concept in one.

Okay now ... clear as mud ...?;)

So, now we know that the role of priests was very important, especially that of the 'high priests' back in early days who was to 'offer sacrifices on behalf of the people as a 'go between or mediator' between God and the nation ...

I like what this site had to say, in part, on this ...

http://www.rosary-center.org/ll44n1.htm

PRIESTHOOD IN THE OLD TESTAMENT

From then on, the priests exercised considerable influence in Israel, becoming its official teachers and interpreters of the Law which regulated the life and worship of the Israelites. Its members being descendants of Aaron, of the tribe of Levi, the Israelite priesthood was hereditary. Lest, however, the service be interrupted at any time in the temple, King David divided the priestly families into twenty-four classes, each class serving for a week, i.e. from Sabbath to Sabbath. Their duties necessitated a knowledge of the requirements of the sacrificial rites, the precepts to be observed, and all the rules regulating the liturgy in the temple. Only the High Priest, who became the spiritual leader of the people, was anointed. (Lev. 21:10) Sometime after the Babylonian exile in the 6th century B.C., the High Priest became the national leader.

The priesthood of the Old Law, which filled an important role in the divine plan for the People of God before the coming of Christ, served primarily (as did the whole Old Testament) to prefigure and prepare the way for the royal priesthood of the New Testament.

So, then I found this which also gave me food for thought ... :eat::thinking:

Two different Greek words have traditionally been translated into English as priest (Greek was the language in which the New Testament was composed, hence its importance in understanding early Christian practice).

Both words occur in the New Testament, which draws a distinction not always observed in English.

The first, presbyteros (Ancient Greek: πρεσβύτερος), Latinized as presbyter, is traditionally translated priest and the English word priest is indeed etymologically derived from this word; literally, however, this word means elder, and is used in neutral and non-religious contexts in Greek to refer to seniority or relative age.

It is the term used in Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, Anglicanism, and some strains of Lutheranism to refer to one given the sacrament of Holy Orders in that degree.

The second word, hiereus (Ancient Greek: ἱερεύς), Latin sacerdos, refers to priests who offer sacrifice, such as the priesthood of the Jewish Temple, or the priests of pagan gods.

The New Testament Epistle to the Hebrews draws a distinction between the Jewish priesthood and the High Priesthood of Christ; it teaches that the sacrificial atonement by Jesus Christ on Calvary has made the Jewish priesthood and its prescribed ritual sacrifices redundant.

Thus, for Christians, Christ himself is the one hiereus, and Christian priests have no priesthood independent or distinct from that of Christ.

As in the belief of most of Christianity (including the Anglican, Roman Catholic Church, the Eastern Orthodox churches and Oriental Orthodoxy) the one sacrifice of Christ, which he offered "once for all" (Hebrews 10:10) on the Cross, is made present through the Eucharist,[10] so the one priesthood of Christ is made present through the ministerial priesthood of bishops and presbyters, who are therefore by analogy called priests, without diminishing the uniqueness of Christ's priesthood.[11]

So, now with these three things in mind ... I got to wondering about 'what kind of priests' is Revelation then speaking about ... since the word 'hiereus' is used to describe them ... :confused:

So, then if there is only the ONE HIGH PRIEST ... who already offered the last sacrifice ... the priests that are mentioned in Revelation must then fall under the function of being ...

TEACHERS OF GOD'S LAWS AND PURPOSES

Now then ...

If the 144,000 ... a number that came OUT OF spiritual Israelites ... who were priests (teachers) were 'reigning' over a people who were ALREADY SERVING GOD why would they need this 'role' ...?

Well, I guess that may be where the 'domestics' come in perhaps ...?

Those OUTSIDE of New Jerusalem who hadn't as of yet begun to believe in or worship God or Christ?

So ALL of us serve in the capacity of 'teachers' even know don't we ...? But when we are TAUGHT BY THE SPIRIT ... by GOD HIMSELF ... so that we will ONLY TEACH TRUTH ... we will be 'priests' ... 'teachers' of TRUE LIGHT shining brightly amid the 'darkness' that will exist oustide the light of New Jerusalem!

Not sure if what I wrote is sensible ... but all I can do for now ... :blush:

Luv ya willa dear and everyone ... gotta lay down now ... :sleepy:

Your sis BR :sheepy::bouncyhearts:

http://bruisedreednotbroke.blogspot.com
02-08-2011 02:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
e-magine
Disciple of Newness

Hi BR!
Notice that the Priests serve only during the 1000 year reign.
Why? Because we only need the high Priest as mediator.
As you said, that is when those who did not except Christ, are resurected! Yes, the unrightous that will be resurected will need to be taught.
You said, "So, then if there is only the ONE HIGH PRIEST ... who already offered the last sacrifice ... the priests that are mentioned in Revelation must then fall under the function of being ...

TEACHERS OF GOD'S LAWS AND PURPOSES

Now then ...

If the 144,000 ... a number that came OUT OF spiritual Israelites ... who were priests (teachers) were 'reigning' over a people who were ALREADY SERVING GOD why would they need this 'role' ...?

Well, I guess that may be where the 'domestics' come in perhaps ...?

Those OUTSIDE of New Jerusalem who hadn't as of yet begun to believe in or worship God or Christ?

So ALL of us serve in the capacity of 'teachers' even know don't we ...? But when we are TAUGHT BY THE SPIRIT ... by GOD HIMSELF ... so that we will ONLY TEACH TRUTH ... we will be 'priests' ... 'teachers' of TRUE LIGHT shining brightly amid the 'darkness' that will exist outside the light of New Jerusalem!"

It is my understanding that all Christians are of the 144K group that will serve as "priests", not only to the unrightous resurected, but also to the rightous ones who lived and died before Christ's time. These are from the 12 spiritual Israel tribes. The 144K came out from them just like the "Little Flock" came out of literal Jews.

I'm not sure if we can apply the word "domestics" to the ones who are taught though. :heartbeat:

question?
Is there and scripture that specifically connects the word "Priests" to the 144k group exclusively? I don't think so.....

02-08-2011 04:40 PM
Resolute

...:blush: if I may answer some of this....

e-magine, you asked:

Quote:
But what of the subset of the 12 tribes, the 144K? What makes them different from the rest of the 12 tribes?

I'll try to share my thoughts on this clearly and be as brief as possible. There are a number of scriptures that tell us that all Christian believers become one body with Christ Jesus as the head of the body. As an example:

"For just as we have in one body many members, but the members do not all have the same function, so we, although many, are one body in union with Christ, but members belonging individually to one another." -- Romans 12:4-5

"But speaking the truth, let us by love grow up in all things into him who is the head, Christ. From him all the body, by being harmoniously joined together and being made to cooperate through every joint that gives what is needed, according to the functioning of each respective member in due measure, makes for the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love." -- Ephesians 4:15-16

Now, think of how Adam got his wife. God took a rib from his body and formed it into a woman who became Adam's wife Eve.

Can you see where the 144K are taken from the body of Christ to be his bride? Jesus, after all became the second Adam.

"It is even so written: “The first man Adam became a living soul.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. Nevertheless, the first is, not that which is spiritual, but that which is physical, afterward that which is spiritual. The first man is out of the earth and made of dust; the second man is out of heaven. As the one made of dust [is], so those made of dust [are] also; and as the heavenly one [is], so those who are heavenly [are] also. And just as we have borne the image of the one made of dust, we shall bear also the image of the heavenly one." -- 1 Corinthians 15:45-49

Now, a change of thought. The messages to the seven congregations in Asia Minor were written to the whole body to correct and encourage. To one of the churches (Philadelphia) it was said:

"The one that conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out [from it] anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem which descends out of heaven from my God, and that new name of mine." -- Revelation 3:12

From this scripture, I'm gathering that it's a message to those who will make up the remaining ones of the 144K. The New Jerusalem IS the bride. If these conquering ones are permanent fixtures then they don't go in and out by the city gates.

However, Revelation 22:14 says:

"Happy are those who wash their robes, that the authority [to go] to the trees of life may be theirs and that they may gain entrance into the city by its gates."

These who wash their robes sound more like the great crowd...(and no doubt others will also attain to this)

If we can say that the 144K most closely resemble the Aaronic priesthood, with Jesus as the high priest, then perhaps we can think of the great crowd, who might also be the remaining ones of spiritual Israel, as resembling the Levites.

The Levitical priesthood was interesting. They had duties at the temple, but they also lived among the 12 tribes in Levitical cities where they had the responsibility to teach.

"The very law of truth proved to be in his mouth, and there was no unrighteousness to be found on his lips. In peace and in uprightness he walked with me, and many were those whom he turned back from error. For the lips of a priest are the ones that should keep knowledge, and [the] law is what people should seek from his mouth; for he is the messenger of Jehovah of armies." -- Malachi 2:6-7

So, I'm thinking that the vast majority of Christians (all the remaining seed of Abraham) will form the Levitical priesthood and have the blessed privilege of teaching (symbolized by bringing the healing leaves from the New Jerusalem) all those who have yet to become part of Israel. (see Ezekiel 47:21)

I hope this will add something positive to the discussion.:giverose:

rez

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one… – Edmund Burke
02-08-2011 05:57 PM
Resolute

Thought you all might like this:

in christ,:grouphug:
rez

02-08-2011 06:03 PM
e-magine
Disciple of Newness

What rez say is true,
but I think we can reduce it even more.
Feel free to disagree, but I seeing that the only difference between the 3 groups in Rev. 7, the 12 tribes, the 144K, and the GC, is a matter of timing.
The 12 tribes are all who are righteously inclined towards God from Able onward. The 12 tribes symbolizes God's people in pre Christian times.
Out from them come 144K who are all Christians from the time of Christ onward. They are people of faith in Christ.
Lastly come the GC who except Christ at the last hour during the Great Trib. The make up the largest number.
The people in these 3 groups are all equal in God's eyes. None have a greater status. The scriptures that the WT point to and claim apply only to the 144K are bogus. They all apply to Christians in general.
Read the description of the 144K in Rev.14. The new song they sing is the witnessing they sing about Jesus. The 12 tribe people couldn't sing that song. and the GC can't sing that song either because the witnessing work about Jesus is over by then.
There also is no scripture that states that only 144K people are anointed, or in the New Cov., or go to heaven. The 144K are all Christians. The 3 groups make up New Jerusalem and the Bride.
There is a 4th group. They will be the unrightous resurected. They probably make up the largest group by far.

02-08-2011 08:47 PM
man hu

Quote:
There is a 4th group. They will be the unrightous resurected. They probably make up the largest group by far.

In Revelation 20:12 we are told a little scroll is opened it is the little scroll of life bibl i on
Later this scroll is enlarged to become the scroll of life v15 biblon
Scrolls were enlarged by pasting an extra strip of vellum to the bottom of the text. So the scroll of life can be enlarged to accomodate as many as necessary.

02-09-2011 03:12 AM
Pages (4): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites