Pages (6): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next > Last »
Some Will Not Taste Death Until They See The Kingdom Of God
knightlockX

Group: Registered Plus
RE: Some Will Not Taste Death Until They See The Kingdom Of God

ablebodiedman Wrote:

knightlockX Wrote:
How did his disciples understand these words to them:
Luke21:33... 29 Then he gave them this illustration: “Notice the fig tree, or any other tree. 30 When the leaves come out, you know without being told that summer is near. 31 In the same way, when you see all these things taking place, you can know that the Kingdom of God is near. 32 I tell you the truth, this generation will not pass from the scene until all these things have taken place. 33 Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will never disappear.

Did Jesus mean that Heaven and earth would disappear in 70CE.?

knightlockX,

Jesus meant that the end of the world, heaven and earth disappearing would happen once "this generation" had see all those things taking place.

Did that happen in 70CE?

Matthew 24:3
And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

Was there a tribulation event bigger than Noah's Flood that has ever happened?

The correct answer is no.

This means that the event is still future.

Which also means that "this generation" includes everybody who has lived since the time he spoke those words.

Yes,we should still be in expectation of an earth wide event which will surpass Noah's Flood.

The Apostle Peter seemed well aware of that future event:

2 Peter 3:8-13
However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9 Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance. 10 Yet Jehovah’s day will come as a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a hissing noise, but the elements being intensely hot will be dissolved, and earth and the works in it will be discovered.
11 Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought YOU to be in holy acts of conduct and deeds of godly devotion, 12 awaiting and keeping close in mind the presence of the day of Jehovah, through which [the] heavens being on fire will be dissolved and [the] elements being intensely hot will melt! 13 But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell.

So if all these things happened in 70 CE are we now living in that new heavens and new earth where righteousness dwells?

In Christ

abe

Fine you want to discuss this...I will question you and you inform me. The thing is you have to respond from scriptures not your opinion...

Jesus stated that there was going to be a tribulation but he only mentions Judea as the only land to be affected by the Great Tribulation as he says only Judea was to flee to the mountains. If this is the not the case and the Great Tribulation was for the entire world why does he not tell the entire world to flee to the mountains? If this is a dual fulfillment then it means Jesus lied as he stated there would NEVER be another tribulation. So is Jesus a liar or is there only one Tribulation?

So where is the second tribulation in scripture? What verses? Where?

Jesus says that the Son of Man would appear immediately after the tribulation of those days (the one in Judea as there was no other) so was Jesus a liar or a false prophet as his words did not come to pass?

Where exactly is this evidence that 2 Peter was written after 70 A.D.? Everything I have read in states that Peter died in 65.

Where in Scripture is there ever evidnce that the New Earth was this planet? Again where in the times of the Apostles is there evidence that it was talking about a global planet?

Luke 2

1 And it came to pass in those days that a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be registered. 2 This census first took place while Quirinius was governing Syria. 3 So all went to be registered, everyone to his own city.

So how come Caesar Augustus did not have the continents of North America, South America, China and Australia registered? After all World MUST mean global planet. So Luke lied then when he said all of the world was registered? And yes in the Greek it uses the same word as this good news is to be preached in all of the world at Mt 24:14.

So is Luke a liar when he says this?

John says that in the last day the anti Christ was to appear and states in his letter that there were many anti Christs and that was how they knew they were in the last hour. So did John lie when he wrote this? According to your view he had to have been as it was not the last hour of the end of the world.

Paul stated that the Good News had been in his day preached to all of creation under heaven. So was Paul as liar when he stated this as all of heaven and earth were not preached to?

Jesus said that some would not taste death until they saw the kingdom of God come into power. If the Kingdom of God has not arrived yet then what is Jesus a false prophet or a liar as he words did not come to pass?

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel other than what we have preached to you, a curse be on him! 9 As we have said before, I now say again: if anyone preaches to you a gospel contrary to what you received, a curse be on him!
03-03-2011 10:10 PM
Find all posts by this user
ablebodiedman

knightlockX Wrote:
Fine you want to discuss this...I will question you and you inform me. The thing is you have to respond from scriptures not your opinion...

Jesus stated that there was going to be a tribulation but he only mentions Judea as the only land to be affected by the Great Tribulation as he says only Judea was to flee to the mountains.

knightlockX,

You seem to think that Judea or Jerusalem has to be a literal brick and mortar place.

Jerusalem is a spiritual place.

Scriptural support:

Acts 15:13-17
After they quit speaking, James answered, saying: “Men, brothers, hear me. 14 Sym´e·on has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name. 15 And with this the words of the Prophets agree, just as it is written, 16 ‘After these things I shall return and rebuild the booth of David that is fallen down; and I shall rebuild its ruins and erect it again, 17 in order that those who remain of the men may earnestly seek Jehovah, together with people of all the nations, people who are called by my name, says Jehovah, who is doing these things,

You think the mountains are literal mountains around the literal city however, they could also be a symbolic mountain:

Scriptural support:

Isaiah 2:1-3
And it must occur in the final part of the days [that] the mountain of the house of Jehovah will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, and it will certainly be lifted up above the hills; and to it all the nations must stream. 3 And many peoples will certainly go and say: “Come, YOU people, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will instruct us about his ways, and we will walk in his paths.

Quote:
If this is the not the case and the Great Tribulation was for the entire world why does he not tell the entire world to flee to the mountains? If this is a dual fulfillment then it means Jesus lied as he stated there would NEVER be another tribulation. So is Jesus a liar or is there only one Tribulation?

He is telling all Christians to flee.

The Great Tribulation is for the entire world and not just the literal brick and mortar city of Jerusalem:

Scriptural support:

Luke 21:34-35
“But pay attention to yourselves that YOUR hearts never become weighed down with overeating and heavy drinking and anxieties of life, and suddenly that day be instantly upon YOU 35 as a snare. For it will come in upon all those dwelling upon the face of all the earth.

In Christ

abe

the spiritual man examines all things

Jehovah's Witnesses - The Bible Report
The Unforgivable Sin
03-03-2011 10:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
knightlockX

ablebodiedman Wrote:

knightlockX Wrote:

Jesus stated that there was going to be a tribulation but he only mentions Judea as the only land to be affected by the Great Tribulation as he says only Judea was to flee to the mountains.

knightlockX,

You seem to think that Judea or Jerusalem has to be a literal brick and mortar place.

Jerusalem is a spiritual place.

Scriptural support:

Acts 15:13-17
After they quit speaking, James answered, saying: “Men, brothers, hear me. 14 Sym´e·on has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name. 15 And with this the words of the Prophets agree, just as it is written, 16 ‘After these things I shall return and rebuild the booth of David that is fallen down; and I shall rebuild its ruins and erect it again, 17 in order that those who remain of the men may earnestly seek Jehovah, together with people of all the nations, people who are called by my name, says Jehovah, who is doing these things,

You think the mountains are literal mountains around the literal city however, they could also be a symbolic mountain:

Scriptural support:

Isaiah 2:1-3
And it must occur in the final part of the days [that] the mountain of the house of Jehovah will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, and it will certainly be lifted up above the hills; and to it all the nations must stream. 3 And many peoples will certainly go and say: “Come, YOU people, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will instruct us about his ways, and we will walk in his paths.

Quote:
If this is the not the case and the Great Tribulation was for the entire world why does he not tell the entire world to flee to the mountains? If this is a dual fulfillment then it means Jesus lied as he stated there would NEVER be another tribulation. So is Jesus a liar or is there only one Tribulation?

He is telling all Christians to flee.

The Great Tribulation is for the entire world and not just the literal brick and mortar city of Jerusalem:

Scriptural support:

Luke 21:34-35
“But pay attention to yourselves that YOUR hearts never become weighed down with overeating and heavy drinking and anxieties of life, and suddenly that day be instantly upon YOU 35 as a snare. For it will come in upon all those dwelling upon the face of all the earth.

In Christ

abe

So all Christians live in Judea. Please enlighten me where The Bible says this? Where in that scripture does it say CHRISTIANS? It states JUDEA. Oh so now we are going to state that Judea does not really mean Judea. Then it means that Jesus lied when he said there was going to be a tribulation in Jerusalem as he was not talking literal but symbolic. After all Jesus said that there would be only one Tribulation.

In addition so God is going to tear down the temple that was not made with human hand as the only other Jerusalem there is is in heaven. So according to you God is going to tear down his own work.

So you are stating that all of the earth must mean the entire global planet. Fine then Luke was a liar when he stated that Caesar Augustus registered all of the earth.

It also means that when Jesus said YOU in Luke 21 then he was a false prophet to every person in the last two thousand years that read them and was disappointed when they did not come to pass for them. After all you didn't think that he was simply talking to you did you? It means that for every person that took those words to mean them Jesus lied to them as there was no day for them.

I'll tell you what I give up you win. After all I cannot beat someone in an argument that tells me my views are imaginary using evidence that came out of their imagination.

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel other than what we have preached to you, a curse be on him! 9 As we have said before, I now say again: if anyone preaches to you a gospel contrary to what you received, a curse be on him!
03-03-2011 10:43 PM
gogh
Participator

Group: Moderator

Don't dispare dude...here's a tune for ya...

"A World Of Our Own"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5pvpIvz5...re=related

:coffeeread:

"......."This is my Son, whom I have chosen. Keep listening to him!" Luke 9:35
03-03-2011 10:48 PM
knightlockX

gogh Wrote:

"A World Of Our Own"

Its not despair its irritation. Most here tell me that I am wrong but have no evidence other than their imagination. I think I am going to take a break posting for a while.

03-03-2011 10:51 PM
gogh
Participator

Don't be irritated dude...here's a tune for ya...

There's A Tear In My Beer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA67y3mqjMs

(Jr's sing'n with his dead daddy...What's next?)

:drinking:

03-03-2011 10:57 PM
gogh
Participator

Be Carefull Of Stones That You Throw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U-H3hPYB...re=related

:crybaby:

03-03-2011 11:08 PM
ablebodiedman

knightlockX Wrote:

gogh Wrote:

"A World Of Our Own"

Its not despair its irritation. Most here tell me that I am wrong but have no evidence other than their imagination. I think I am going to take a break posting for a while.

knightlockX,

I gave you the scriptural support you asked for.

I did not imagine those scriptures.

In order for me to agree with what you are selling I would have to imagine:

1/ The end of the world has already happened.
2/ The seige of Jerusalem was greater than Noah's Flood.
3/ All those dwelling upon the face of the earth means only those living in Jerusalem.
4/ That Jesus Christ did not answer all those questions his Apostles asked him.
5/ Heaven and earth have already passed away.
6/ We are already living in a new earth where righteousness dwells.

My imagination is not active enough to do that.

In Christ

abe

The Unforgivable Sin
03-03-2011 11:25 PM
ablebodiedman

knightlockX Wrote:
In addition so God is going to tear down the temple that was not made with human hand as the only other Jerusalem there is is in heaven. So according to you God is going to tear down his own work.

knightlockX,

The only other Jerusalem there is was mentioned as being rebuilt along with people from all the nations called by God's name in Acts Chapter 15.

Yes, that is Christianity.

Yes, I believe that Jesus Christ is going to desolate Christianity.

That Jesus Christ will execute a judgment on the very same kingdom that he initiated with his own crucifiction.

Scriptutal Support:

Matthew 13:39-43
The harvest is a conclusion of a system of things, and the reapers are angels. 40 Therefore, just as the weeds are collected and burned with fire, so it will be in the conclusion of the system of things. 41 The Son of man will send forth his angels, and they will collect out from his kingdom all things that cause stumbling and persons who are doing lawlessness, 42 and they will pitch them into the fiery furnace. There is where [their] weeping and the gnashing of [their] teeth will be. 43 At that time the righteous ones will shine as brightly as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Let him that has ears listen.

The conclusion of the system of things mentioned in regard to HIS Kingdom is the same conclusion of the system of things that the Apostles asked about and for which Jesus Christ gave an answer in Matthew Chapter 24.

His Kingdom = Christianity

aka - Spiritual Jerusalem. (see Acts Ch15)

Let him that has ears listen.

In Christ

abe

The Unforgivable Sin
03-03-2011 11:44 PM
knightlockX

ablebodiedman Wrote:

knightlockX Wrote:

gogh Wrote:

"A World Of Our Own"

knightlockX,

3/ All those dwelling upon the face of the earth means only those living in Jerusalem.

In Christ

abe

And I explained ALL of them throughout this post. You failed however to answer MINE. But like I said I gave up on this conversation as very few people one want to listen. Too many people here are too deep into world view confusion to get the ideas across.

Anyway like I said I am done with this conversation and the board for a while as I need a break.

03-03-2011 11:46 PM
gogh
Participator

Return to Me (Ritorna a Me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y80y58UKRes

:whistle:

03-04-2011 01:01 AM
e-magine
Disciple of Newness

knightlockX Wrote:

ablebodiedman Wrote:

knightlockX Wrote:

gogh Wrote:

"A World Of Our Own"

knightlockX,

In Christ

abe

And I explained ALL of them throughout this post. You failed however to answer MINE. But like I said I gave up on this conversation as very few people one want to listen. Too many people here are too deep into world view confusion to get the ideas across.

Anyway like I said I am done with this conversation and the board for a while as I need a break.

Don't be a sore loser Knight. Did you think we were just another bunch of disgruntled X JWs here at the Cafe?
As I pointed out to you, there is a very pregnant wall of the Jerusalem temple still standing today. That is concrete evidence that Jesus ment something else when he said, "not a stone will be left upon a stone"!
Was he a lire you ask,. No! If you insist that there is only one G. Tribulation, then that tribulation has not happened yet. THAT is the literal meaning of what Jesus said, if you insist on one tribulation.
How can you possibly compare the 70CE tribulation in Judah with the Great Flood. I dare say, even the destruction of the first temple was probably worse then the 70 CE tribulation.

Henry Ward Beecher-1872 Preacher of Plymouth Church, Brooklyn, in his home later bought by C.H. Russell.
He is looking at the Brooklyn Bridge,,,, is it the way into, or, out of Brooklyn for you?
03-04-2011 01:21 AM
knightlockX

e-magine Wrote:

knightlockX Wrote:

ablebodiedman Wrote:

knightlockX Wrote:

gogh Wrote:

"A World Of Our Own"

knightlockX,

In Christ

abe

Don't be a sore loser Knight. Did you think we were just another bunch of disgruntled X JWs here at the Cafe?
As I pointed out to you, there is a very pregnant wall of the Jerusalem temple still standing today. That is concrete evidence that Jesus ment something else when he said, "not a stone will be left upon a stone"!
Was he a lire you ask,. No! If you insist that there is only one G. Tribulation, then that tribulation has not happened yet. THAT is the literal meaning of what Jesus said, if you insist on one tribulation.
How can you possibly compare the 70CE tribulation in Judah with the Great Flood. I dare say, even the destruction of the first temple was probably worse then the 70 CE tribulation.

To be a sore loser one has to have lost the argument. Hate to tell you this but Jesus' words back me up. Oh wait let me guess, he did not really mean it that way right? No I am angry because people have more respect for their own opinion than Jesus Christ's own words.

I mean where does it end? If Jesus really did not mean the temple of Jerusalem then exactly how do you come to any conclusion when you can state that any scripture mean anything you want it to?

For example did you know that Satan is not really a person but the embodiment of evil or the God of the Old Testament is not the God of the New Testament. No it does not matter that that Bible says about these things because it really does not mean it that way. Jesus was rich and only blesses those today who are wealthy. No, it does not matter that Jesus stated that it would be impossible for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God as Jesus really did not mean it this way.

Just as Jesus really was not flesh but only appeared to be flesh. No it does not matter that John said that the Word became flesh because he did not really mean it that way. Jesus was not God he was a god. No it does not matter that John said that the Word was God because John did not mean it this way.

Paul did not really see Jesus on the road to Damascus. No it does not matter what Paul stated because he did not really mean it this way. There really was no flood, nor are Paul's letters really a good part of the Bible as the Bible is the tree of the knowledge of good and bad is really the Bible itself and Paul's letters are the bad. Judas was actually the faithful servant of Jesus and helped arrange his death. Jesus never actually rose from the dead at all. No it does not matter what the Bible says because the Apostles did not really mean it the way they said it they meant it another way.

There are no false prophets or false teachers because Jesus was actually talking about something else. It does not matter whether he said this or not because he did not mean it the way it is written. Jesus never rose in a physical body as he did not mean it that way when he said break down this temple and in three days I will raise it up.

I could go on and on but the point is clear. That thinking that Jesus did not really mean it this way is the cause of all the problems in the last two thousand years and to be honest I want no part of it ever again.

That is why I have made a decision to not discuss the Bible in the foreseeable future. After all if I am so off the wall as to not understand the deep spiritual aspect of Mt 24 I should not be talking about what I am not understanding. I see now that I need to become more like Benny Hinn. David Karesh, Jim Jones, and the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses who truly understand spiritual things. After all look how the mentality that Jesus did not really mean what he said did for them.

This will be the last time I will be coming to the board and I to be honest do not plan to coming back for a while. All of this has led me to the conclusion that there is no point on discussing things as most seem to want God in their back pocket. All I have tried to do is take what Jesus said as he said it but this apparently is wrong and frankly I am too tired to try and go figure out what is right. There are too many people that take the Bible and twist it and those words are the first thing that they state...it does not really mean it that way.

So thank you all for your responses. Good luck to you all for now take care.

03-04-2011 02:30 AM
Seraphim

Group: Registered

I've sent you a PM knightlockX so I hope you log back in.

Your Brother in Christ.

03-04-2011 08:10 AM
Beau Wetini
Me and my boy at the beach!

Like sands in the hour glass.....so are the last days of our lives....

Dun duuuun, dun dun duuuuun, dun dun duun dun duun duuuun duuuun....

LIVE THE KINGDOM NOW!!

03-04-2011 08:30 AM
Pages (6): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next > Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites