Pages (6): « First < Previous 2 3 4 5 [6] Last »
Some Will Not Taste Death Until They See The Kingdom Of God
Interpretum
This Space For Rent

Group: Registered Plus
RE: Some Will Not Taste Death Until They See The Kingdom Of God

Hi abe

ablebodiedman Wrote:
“For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.

Just out of interest, can you tell me which century has NOT had these?

The key point for you is that there seems to be MORE of these nowadays. But is that really the case? Or is it simply that, in these days of CNN and t'Internet and 7 billion people inhabiting the planet, we get to see these things LIVE, as they happen... and when things like the latest Tsunami kick off, they affect more people?

I really don't know the answer, but besides this, I really think seeing "nation against nation", "food shortages" and "earthquakes" as SIGNS is missing the point.

I think Jesus is saying the exact OPPOSITE. These things are common, and are not "signs". He gave a specific UNIQUE sign in Matthew 24, completely unrelated to earthquakes etc that EVERYBODY keeping watch in Judea would recognize.

My Blog: The Prophetic Word

Latest post: Daniel 9 And The Seventy (70) Weeks - How Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy was fulfilled.
03-11-2011 08:53 PM
Find all posts by this user
Pages (6): « First < Previous 2 3 4 5 [6] Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites