Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Pages (7): « First < Previous 3 4 5 6 [7] Last »
Where are the Mountains if not geographic Jerusalem?
rus virgil

Group: Registered Plus
RE: Where are the Mountains if not geographic Jerusalem?

ablebodiedman Wrote:

rus,

This mountain does not appear to be geographic:

In Christ

abe

That's sure !

the "mountains' at plural means "humans" (plural) who were called to the "kingdom" - yes, I mean the "heavenly call"

during the time (and especially during the latter days) some of these "mountains" proved themselves to be "weeds"
and some (fewer) of them are proving themselves to be "wheat"

the "mountain" at singular means the "kingdom arrangement" (here I don't say organization) where the "mountains" / wheat are part of it

on the other side there are "mountains" / weeds who, in other words, are called/named the "seed of Edom; Esau" ... they are the "mountains of Bashan" who manifest envy toward the other mountains /wheat

these "mountains of Bashan" have built themselves an "arrangement" of authority and power (an organization made by themselves) which wanted to be an imitation of "God's mountain" or "kingdom's arrangement" , which (their) "arrangement/organization/structure of authority" is also a "mountain"

what will be the end for this mountain made up by these "mountains of Bashan"/seed of Edom ??

Zechariah is telling us straight away
Zechariah 4
7. Who art thou, O great mountain?
-- before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain; and he shall bring forth the top stone with shoutings of Grace, grace, unto it.

"thou shalt become a plain " - no mountain ! no authority , no power !

how plain ? how low ?

answer found here
Micah 7:
10. Then mine enemy shall see it, and shame shall cover her who said unto me, Where is Jehovah thy God?
Mine eyes shall see my desire upon her;
-- now shall she be trodden down as the mire of the streets.

as plain , as low -- " as the mire of the streets."

=================================

Now , God's Kingdom means two things : - an arrangement / places of authority or power and the state of God's will being done

God's will being done does generate "righteousness" (a state according to God's will) .
Psalm 24:
3. Who shall ascend into the hill of Jehovah? And who shall stand in his holy place?

4. He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; Who hath not lifted up his soul unto falsehood, And hath not sworn deceitfully.

5. He shall receive a blessing from Jehovah, And righteousness from the God of his salvation.

(in romanian it says (mine translation) "he shall receive...the state/status"according to His will" from the God of his salvation"

I add here a few words from Daniel 2:
34."You continued looking until a stone was cut out without hands, and it struck the statue on its feet of iron and clay and crushed them.

44. "In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed, and that kingdom will not be left for another people; it will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, but it will itself endure forever.

45. "Inasmuch as you saw that a stone was cut out of the mountain without hands and that it crushed the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold, the great God has made known to the king what will take place in the future; so the dream is true and its interpretation is trustworthy."

...in the days of those kings = of the ten kings

a stone was cut out of the mountain
the mountain= God's Heavenly Kingdom (where God's will is done and where the righteousness dwells )

from that mountain a stone was cut out ... means that at His "proper" time Jehovah will give the status of "His righteousness" to His "chosen ones"/wheat/ (found on earth) , to be and act as His representatives , as representatives of His Heavenly Kingdom on earth ,
and through these ones (being seen firstly as a (little) "stone" , He will "crush" all other "mountains" (of Bashan) , and the "great mountain" will be made "plain" , " as the mire of the streets."

To these "mountains" , to whom the status of "God's righteousness" is given , and so they become part of "God's Kingdom" ,...
... those fleeing from "Jerusalem"/apostate city have to flee !

in Christ,
rus virgil

04-05-2011 07:46 PM
Find all posts by this user
Willa
Peace, baby!

Group: Moderator

'Making a mountain out of a mole hill' is a saying I just can't get out of my mind for some reason.

:heartbeat: You are my friends! I don't think it just by chance, but by God's Grand Design, that He has guided both our steps... to let your paths cross mine. :heartbeat:
04-05-2011 11:04 PM
symbiosis

isomam Wrote:

symbiosis Wrote:
Hi Isomam

earlier you indicated that the mount of olives splitting in two was hard for you to equate

sym

nope. not me. regarding this, i think you have me confused with someone else here.

apologies Isomam

04-06-2011 01:56 AM
rus virgil

Willa Wrote:
'Making a mountain out of a mole hill' is a saying I just can't get out of my mind for some reason.

The Bible says vice-versa : the great mountain will be made ...lower than a "hill" , a plain (before Zerubbabel ) !

in Christ,
rus virgil

04-06-2011 07:29 AM
ablebodiedman

Jeremiah 31:2-6
This is what Jehovah has said: “The people made up of survivors from the sword found favor in the wilderness, when Israel was walking to get his repose.” 3 From far away Jehovah himself appeared to me, [saying:] “And with a love to time indefinite I have loved you. That is why I have drawn you with loving-kindness. 4 Yet shall I rebuild you and you will actually be rebuilt, O virgin of Israel. You will yet deck yourself with your tambourines and actually go forth in the dance of those who are laughing. 5 You will yet plant vineyards in the mountains of Sa·mar´i·a. The planters will certainly plant and start to use [them]. 6 For there exists a day when the lookouts in the mountainous region of E´phra·im will actually call out, ‘Rise up, O men, and let us go up to Zion, to Jehovah our God.’”

the spiritual man examines all things

Jehovah's Witnesses - The Bible Report
The Unforgivable Sin
04-06-2011 10:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Willa
Peace, baby!

Group: Moderator

I've found something in your post with which I can agree, rus - "the mountain= God's Heavenly Kingdom (where God's will is done and where the righteousness dwells )"

Quote:
Contrast of Sinai and Zion
Hebrews 12:18 For you have not come to a mountain that can be touched and to a blazing fire, and to darkness and gloom and whirlwind, 19 and to the blast of a trumpet and the sound of words which sound was such that those who heard begged that no further word be spoken to them. 20 For they could not bear the command, "IF EVEN A BEAST TOUCHES THE MOUNTAIN, IT WILL BE STONED." 21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, "I AM FULL OF FEAR and trembling." 22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels, 23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, 24 and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel.

The Unshaken Kingdom
25 See to it that you do not refuse Him who is speaking For if those did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, much less will we escape who turn away from Him who warns from heaven. 26 And His voice shook the earth then, but now He has promised, saying, "YET ONCE MORE I WILL SHAKE NOT ONLY THE EARTH, BUT ALSO THE HEAVEN." 27 This expression, "Yet once more," denotes the removing of those things which can be shaken, as of created things, so that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. 28 Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe; 29 for our God is a consuming fire.

Sometimes the word means a literal mountain, and sometimes it's used symbolically. So I find what seems to be a contradiction with what you said above and what you say here - "the "mountains' at plural means "humans" (plural) who were called to the "kingdom"" I have trouble understanding your writings at times, so I may not be getting what you're saying when you say things like this - "some of these "mountains" proved themselves to be "weeds" and some (fewer) of them are proving themselves to be "wheat". the "mountain" at singular means the "kingdom arrangement" (here I don't say organization) where the "mountains" / wheat are part of it." That sounds like symbolic mountains stacked on top of symbolic mountains, and that doesn't make sense to me. Are you saying that the mountains(the subject of this thread) are people to which one must flee?

:)

:heartbeat: You are my friends! I don't think it just by chance, but by God's Grand Design, that He has guided both our steps... to let your paths cross mine. :heartbeat:
04-06-2011 08:15 PM
Pages (7): « First < Previous 3 4 5 6 [7] Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites