Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Pages (4): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] Last »
In the wilderness - so now what?
digging

Group: Registered Plus
RE: In the wilderness - so now what?

Man I wonder how you guys can find the time to write so much or maybe you just type very fast!

Anyways I agree about the wilderness having a meaning for us now. It's the place we are in between leaving Egypt/world and waiting to enter the promise land/Kingdom.

After Jesus baptism he went into the wilderness, so for us also.

Often the people had to seek him out in the rural /wilderness areas outside of the 'establishment'.

Oddly I do wonder IF there will be a real wilderness like event for billions of people when this old system collapes and they are left hungery and thirsty without anywhere to live.

Digging

I am sooooo in the wilderness you have no idea!

04-25-2011 03:08 AM
Find all posts by this user
New Heart
Faithful and Truth

Leaving Egypt is the same as shaking off this earthly dust, escaping all the worldly charms and fancy dress holding us captive to all the things that keep us from a personal relationship with God. These many things that have overcharged and weighed down our spirits can now be let go of.

Matt 11:7 As John’s disciples were leaving, Jesus began to speak to the crowd about John: “What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed swayed by the wind? 8 If not, what did you go out to see? A man dressed in fine clothes? No, those who wear fine clothes are in kings’ palaces. 9 Then what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet. 10 This is the one about whom it is written:

“‘I will send my messenger ahead of you,
who will prepare your way before you.’

We are to put on a rough garment in the wilderness. It will not be easy.

http://tim-shey.blogspot.com/2010/11/wea...rment.html

Once we are in the wilderness though, we must be careful and alert to satans drowning flood's pouring out of his mouthpiece he uses (TV DOOM NEWS DISASTER MOVIES) to cause fear, and for us to forget as to why we are in the wilderness in the first place, to gather in and build up these holy temple stones ...that will be fitly compacted together to make up the NEW JERUSALEM bride of Christ without spot from this world. We can trust the Lord upon His word, who will certainly make good His promises to us.

Rev 12:15

Then the dragon tried to drown the woman with a flood of water that flowed from his mouth.

Demonic fear news propaganda.

16. But the earth helped the woman by opening its mouth and swallowing the river that the dragon had spewed out of his mouth. 17. Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to make war against the rest of her offspring—those who obey God’s commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

The word is spreading all over the earth..that this fear based news happening IS CAUSING THE DISASTERS TO HAPPEN,"

you see what we constantly think of makes these bad things happen. Negative thoughts, bring on negative happenings. Satan wants us to become so depressed and to lose our light, so that our lights will go out completly by the time Christ comes.

Matthew 8:26 He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

matthew 17:20
He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

He wants to kill the Body Of Christ.

The dragon stood before Jesus when He was about to be born to cause Him to be killed, and the same thing is happening now because the harvest of firstfruits is here, and he is waiting to devour them as well...

The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that he might devour her child the moment it was born. Rev 12:4

He wants to put out those just born of the Holy Spirit. 16. But the earth helped the woman by opening its mouth and swallowing the river that the dragon had spewed out of his mouth.

Think these thoughts always..."HEAVEN IS ALREADY HERE ON EARTH"

keep saying this outloud, and in your hearts and believe it will all your heart. We will win this fight.

11They overcame him

by the blood of the Lamb

and by the word of their testimony;

they did not love their lives so much

as to shrink from death.

Trust in God and have faith this earth will have heaven on earth, and really soon.
Let's swallow up this river.
Proverbs 3

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

Isaiah 58:9 Then you will call, and the LORD will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I. "If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk,

6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

O LORD, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.
04-25-2011 11:54 AM
ablebodiedman

New Heart,

Yes, Isaiah 58 is like a formula for success:

Isaiah 58:6-12
“Is not this the fast that I choose? To loosen the fetters of wickedness, to release the bands of the yoke bar, and to send away the crushed ones free, and that YOU people should tear in two every yoke bar? 7 Is it not the dividing of your bread out to the hungry one, and that you should bring the afflicted, homeless people into [your] house? That, in case you should see someone naked, you must cover him, and that you should not hide yourself from your own flesh?
8 “In that case your light would break forth just like the dawn; and speedily would recuperation spring up for you. And before you your righteousness would certainly walk; the very glory of Jehovah would be your rear guard. 9 In that case you would call, and Jehovah himself would answer; you would cry for help, and he would say, ‘Here I am!’“If you will remove from your midst the yoke bar, the poking out of the finger and the speaking of what is hurtful; 10 and you will grant to the hungry one your own soul[ful desire], and you will satisfy the soul that is being afflicted, your light also will certainly flash up even in the darkness, and your gloom will be like midday. 11 And Jehovah will be bound to lead you constantly and to satisfy your soul even in a scorched land, and he will invigorate your very bones; and you must become like a well-watered garden, and like the source of water, the waters of which do not lie. 12 And at your instance men will certainly build up the places devastated a long time; you will raise up even the foundations of continuous generations. And you will actually be called the repairer of [the] gap, the restorer of roadways by which to dwell.

The path through the wilderness?

Does anyone know what this means: "and that YOU people should tear in two every yoke bar"

In Christ

abe

the spiritual man examines all things

Jehovah's Witnesses - The Bible Report
The Unforgivable Sin
04-25-2011 01:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
gogh
Participator

Group: Moderator

Minor or major/typical or anti-typical interpretation and or fulfillment?

:coffeeread:

"......."This is my Son, whom I have chosen. Keep listening to him!" Luke 9:35
04-25-2011 02:10 PM
Interpretum
This Space For Rent

Hi Abe

ablebodiedman Wrote:
Does anyone know what this means: "and that YOU people should tear in two every yoke bar"

The Reference Bible has a cross reference to Jeremiah 34:8,9:

"The word that occurred to Jeremiah from Jehovah after King Zedekiah concluded a covenant with all the people who were in Jerusalem to proclaim to them liberty, to let each one his manservant and each one his maidservant, Hebrew man and Hebrew woman, go free, in order not to use them as servants, that is, a Jew, who is his brother."

The yoke bar is probably a reference to servitude, and the release of servants every 7 years under the Law covenant.

Incidentally, shortly after that proclamation, the princes went back and brought their freed people back into servitude, bringing Jehovah's wrath upon them for violating what was taught in the Law:

“This is what Jehovah the God of Israel has said, ‘I myself concluded a covenant with YOUR forefathers in the day of my bringing them out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of servants, saying: 14 “At the end of seven years YOU men should let go each one his brother, a Hebrew man, who came to be sold to you and who has served you six years; and you must let him go free from being with you.” But YOUR forefathers did not listen to me, neither did they incline their ear. 15 And YOU yourselves turn around today and do what is upright in my eyes in proclaiming liberty each one to his companion, and YOU conclude a covenant before me in the house upon which my name has been called. 16 Then YOU turn back and profane my name and bring back each one his manservant and each one his maidservant, whom YOU let go free agreeably to their soul, and YOU subject them to become YOUR menservants and maidservants.’

17 “Therefore this is what Jehovah has said, ‘YOU yourselves have not obeyed me in keeping on proclaiming liberty each one to his brother and each one to his companion. Here I am proclaiming to YOU a liberty,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘to the sword, to the pestilence and to the famine, and I shall certainly give YOU for a quaking to all the kingdoms of the earth.

I hope this helps!

My Blog: The Prophetic Word

Latest post: Daniel 9 And The Seventy (70) Weeks - How Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy was fulfilled.
04-25-2011 03:28 PM
ablebodiedman

Interpretum,

Thats interesting!

Is there a modern day application which we could implement today?

I'm asking this because I see the enormous benefit promised in Isaiah 58.

How can we implement something similar and obtain that extra-ordinary blessing?

In Christ

abe

The Unforgivable Sin
04-25-2011 03:57 PM
digging

If you look at the wording in Rev with the 3 horseman, the word for scale is yoke. This whole world system is about imbalance and taking from the poor and weak to give to the rich, that HOW people get rich! Each one of us as we go on doing our part to get what 'we' need from this system also keeps the greater system going which is hurting and enslaving billions.....

Are we not looking forwards to the greater Jubilee?? But for us we might need to go down a few notches so that billions can be brought up. I see this as what Isaiah really is talking about for our day
Isaiah 58:6-12
“Is not this the fast that I choose? To loosen the fetters of wickedness, to release the bands of the yoke bar, and to send away the crushed ones free, and that YOU people should tear in two every yoke bar? 7 Is it not the dividing of your bread out to the hungry one, and that you should bring the afflicted, homeless people into [your] house? That, in case you should see someone naked, you must cover him, and that you should not hide yourself from your own flesh?

When everyone is made equal in all things under God.

With the statue in Daniel the stone that is cut not with human hands hits and crushes the feet turns it to dust and then grows into a large mountain that fills the whole earth. Well are we not ment to be part for that stone with Christ?

During this evil time of taking, taking, taking, we need to learn how to give in a whole new way. If I didn't have children I would sell everything and live nomadically so I could prevent as much as possible the system from using me through money to have strength. This system is over, dying, finished, but do we really believe it, is Jesus waiting for us to first walk away before he comes back???

I am beginning to think the mark of the beast is money plain and simple. IF everyone stopped using money this whole system would shut down. It's what links us to the beast, money is like the life blood of the beast.

Why have I gone off topic, I have not really, to go into the wilderness requires us to leave everything behind, remember the wife of lot....so when it's time will we be willing to let go and let the system die or will we want it to keep living for a bit longer until we have one more thing....

04-25-2011 04:45 PM
ablebodiedman

digging,

There is truth to what you say.

I look at all those years I spent working, even working extra hours to make overtime and yet have not really acheived very much. I look at the stuff I've bought for myself and think why did I buy that? I don't even use it anymore and its just taking up space.

I really could have just taken that money and helped a fellow human being. Now its wasted money collecting dust.

The life I was taught to live seems like a waste of time. The money the government takes in taxes is spent on even more wastefull projects which seem designed to perpetuate the insanity.

I really have been working my whole life for just a "bag full of holes".

Reminds me of Haggai:

Haggai 1:3-6
And the word of Jehovah continued to come by means of Hag´gai the prophet, saying: 4 “Is it the time for YOU yourselves to dwell in YOUR paneled houses, while this house is waste? 5 And now this is what Jehovah of armies has said, ‘Set YOUR heart upon YOUR ways. 6 YOU have sown much seed, but there is a bringing of little in. There is an eating, but it is not to satisfaction. There is a drinking, but not to the point of getting intoxicated. There is a putting on of clothes, but it is not with anyone’s getting warm; and he that is hiring himself out is hiring himself out for a bag having holes.’”

Its not just me. I look around at my neighbours and they are doing the same.

If there is a "yoke bar" that has to be broken I think it is this insane lifestyle that North American people seem to be living.

There really does have to be something better than this!

In Christ

abe

The Unforgivable Sin
04-25-2011 06:15 PM
Interpretum
This Space For Rent

Hi Abe

ablebodiedman Wrote:
Thats interesting!

Is there a modern day application which we could implement today?

I'm asking this because I see the enormous benefit promised in Isaiah 58.

How can we implement something similar and obtain that extra-ordinary blessing?

Well, in many ways this is a very Christian message... or at least, gets to the heart of the Law covenant... namely, love God with all your heart, soul and mind... and love your neighbour as yourself.

Recall, someone asked Jesus who was his neighbour, and he told the story of the good Samaritan.

The Samaritan did not have any special knowledge. In fact, he was shunned by the Jews... and yet he treated the man with human kindness.

It seems the application of Isaiah 58 to our day is that Jehovah is especially concerned with how we treat our fellow human beings. (In fact, isn't that the basis of the "sheep and goats" judgment... how we treat Christians?)

I suppose if you are looking for a theological angle, then it could be argued that organizations such as the Watchtower Society bind their members with "yoke bars", burdens not required by their Master. However, I don't know whether I'd take that comparison too far.

Since we don't have slavery (at least here in the UK or in Canada)... it would probably be more useful for, say, the employer. Does the employer treats the workers like slaves? Or does he give them human dignity, pays their wages on time, etc. This is one way it could have a "modern day application".

My Blog: The Prophetic Word

Latest post: Daniel 9 And The Seventy (70) Weeks - How Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy was fulfilled.
04-25-2011 07:03 PM
New Heart
Faithful and Truth

Soon there will be a world without money.

http://resourcebasedliving.com/A-World-W...-Money.pdf

O LORD, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.
04-26-2011 10:36 AM
New Heart
Faithful and Truth

God has shown me this in a vision

It is the ORDINARY and SIMPLE man who hears Him. He told me to look the the prophet Amos.

You see...they already know they are dust and unworthy.

We must do as the Prophet Amos did.

Amos 3: 7 Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing
without revealing his plan
to his servants the prophets.

8 The lion has roared—
who will not fear?
The Sovereign LORD has spoken—
who can but prophesy?

Again and again, G-d sent His messengers, the prophets, to admonish the people and to warn them that unless they mended their ways, they and the land would be doomed. Yet the admonitions were, for the most part, unheeded. The people went their own way.

One of the great prophets at this time was Hosea; another one was Amos.

Amos was a shepherd before the spirit of prophecy came over him. He was a herdsman from the village of Tekoa, and a dresser of sycamore trees. He began his prophecies "in the days of Uzziah king of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam the son of Joash, the king of Israel, two years before the earthquake."

His fearless and outspoken words came thundering and stirred the people. Characteristic are his opening words: "G-d will roar fronm Zion, and utter His voice from Jerusalem; and the habitations of the shepherds shall mourn, and the top of Carmel shall wither."

By "the shepherds" he must have meant the leaders of Israel, who failed their "flock;" and "the top of Carmel" were likewise those sitting at the top, who will be first to be stricken down.

But before admonishing the Jewish people, he had much to say about the transgressions of Damascus, Gaza, Tyrus, Edom, Ammon and Moab - all the neighbors of the two Jewish kingdoms, who would suffer the consequences of their evil ways.

Then he addresses himself to Judah:

"Thus with G-d, 'For three transgressions of Judah, and for four, I will not withhold My punishment: because they have despised the Torah of G-d, and have not kept His commandments...'"

In similar words he begins his prophecy against the Northern Kingdom:

Thus saith G-d, 'For three transgressions of Israel, and for four, I will not withhold My punishment: because they sold the righteous for silver, and the poor for a pair of sandals...'"

Fearlessly, the prophet admonishes the "Kine (beasts) of Bashan, that are in the mountains of Samaria, who oppress the poor, who crush the needy." He warned the rich who had amassed their fortunes by cheating and robbery, that they would not enjoy their riches, but would lose everything when the land went down in doom.

Said he: "Thus hath said G-d to the House of Israel: 'Seek for Me, and you shall live. Seek for the good, and not evil, in order that you may live; that G-d the Lord of Hosts, be with you. Hate evil and love good; and establish justice firmly in the courts. Then, perhaps, G-d the Lord of Hosts, will be gracious to the remnants of Joseph." By the "remnants of Joseph" the prophet meant the Kingdom of the Ten Tribes, for it was out of the Tribe of Ephraim, the son of Joseph, that Jeroboam the First came to establish the new kingdom, in opposition to the Kingdom of Judah.

Amos was not afraid to appear in Bethel at the very time when crowds were gathered there to worship the Golden Calf which Jeroboam the First, had set up in a special temple. In the very midst of the celebration, Amos announced the terrible punishment that G-d would bring upon the sinful people of Israel. The crowd became angry, and their leader, the false priest Amaziah, incited the people to do violence to Amos. However, King Jeroboam protected the prophet, and let no harm befall him. Amaziah ridiculed the prophet, warning him to flee to Judah, where people of his kind would be more welcome, and never return to Bethel. But Amos replied that he was no professional prophet, nor a prophet's disciple, but a simple man from the land, a breeder of sheep. Amos declared boldly and fearlessly that G-d had sent him to Bethel to speak in His Name and warn the people of their impending doom.

The prophet reminded the people of the many kindnesses which G-d had shown them since the beginning of their history as a people. "You only, have I known of all the families of the earth; therefore I will visit upon you all your sins." the prophet said, telling them that because G-d has chosen them as His people, He demands of them higher standards, and, like a loving father punishes his erring son just because he loves him, so G-d would punish them for their sins.

The Book of Amos consists of nine chapters, but despite his severe admonitions in most of the book, he finishes his prophecies on a happy note, of the wonderful things that will happen to the Jewish people on "That Day," on the day of the true Redemption:

"In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old...

"Behold, the days come, saith G-d, that the plowman shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him that soweth seed; and the mountains shall drop sweet wine, and all the hills shall melt. And I will bring back the captivity of My people Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them. And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith G-d thy G-d."

The minor prophet Amos

Much of the prophecy of Amos is directed at the heartlessness of wealthy merchants who ignore the plight of the poor, at the lack of justice for the righteous, and at the emptiness of religious ritual in the place of reverence and devotion to God's laws. Through Amos, God expresses his disgust with religiosity devoid of righteousness:

I hate, I despise your religious feasts;
I cannot stand your assemblies.
Even though you bring me burnt offerings
and grain offerings,
I will not accept them.
Though you bring choice fellowship offerings,
I will have no regard for them.
Away with the noise of your songs!
I will not listen to the music of your harps.
But let justice roll on like a river,
righteousness like a never-failing stream. (Amos 5:21-24, NIV)

The prophet was particularly concerned with the well-being the poor . He did not have the millennial apocalyptic views of later prophets, nor does he rely on esotericism or mystical signs. The prophecy of Amos is clear and direct, and foretells the Assyrian captivity of Israel (which began in 722-721 B.C.E.), a judgment that would not merely be a punitive warning blow, but an almost total destruction.

The prophet recounted five visions indicating God's determination to decisively punish His people: locusts devouring the land (7:1-3), great fire (7:4-6), a plumb line (7:7-9), a basket of ripe summer fruit (8:1-3) and the Lord standing beside the altar (9:1-10). He also had a high view of God as the Creator, and periodically his prophecy breaks into peals of praise:

He who forms the mountains,
creates the wind,
and reveals his thoughts to man,
he who turns dawn to darkness,
and treads the high places of the earth—
the Lord God Almighty is his name. (Amos 4:13 NIV)

Amos condemns the luxury and corruption of Israel's capital, Samaria

For three sins of Israel,
even for four, I will not turn back [my wrath].
They sell the righteous for silver,
and the needy for a pair of sandals.
They trample on the heads of the poor
as upon the dust of the ground
and deny justice to the oppressed. (Amos 2:6-7 NIV)

04-26-2011 10:42 AM
New Heart
Faithful and Truth

Jesus was very ordinary..

Isaiah 53
1. Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

2. For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

3. He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8. He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9. And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10. Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

11. He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12. Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

04-26-2011 11:00 AM
Pages (4): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites