Latest News: The Great Trubulation

JWHVACR
Older Man

Group: Registered Plus

While doing some research on the Kings of Egypt mentioned in the Bible, I went to the old WTS article "1975 - A Marked Date?" to look up some of their chronology and was SHOCKED at what I found! I found that their WT article research was totally flawed, putting Israel's time in Egypt to just about 200 years (when they grew from about 70 to over a million), and that half of the dates shown from Abraham to Adam were off from the scriptures by about 100 years each! Look at it yourself! And this is what we all believed back then (and some still believe). Did no one check the numbers?1975 - A Marked Date?

"Our minds don't control our beliefs, our beliefs control our minds."
"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."
"Buying into someone's religious, philosophical, or political teachings is the point where you've decided to allow them to do your thinking for you."
03-26-2011 08:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
wolfie

RE: 1975

yes indeed--that ''little error'' changed the lives of at least 2 generations of people-
thanks Jim. I always enjoy your research...
wolfie...

''In the midst of winter I finally learned that in me there was an invincible summer.'' Albert Camus

''live simply, speak kindly, love unconditionally''
03-26-2011 11:09 AM
Find all posts by this user
JWHVACR
Older Man

Hi Wolfie; thanks for the kind words.

The Society used a lot of slight of hand taking about three paragraphs to explain away about 200 years of Israel's time in Egypt... a lot of words to confuse the fact that it was all hog wash!

Just doing a bit more research and noted that the problem with the dates being off by 100 years was not the Society's error, but rather, it appears to be a difference that is unique to the Masoretic text, where the number 100 is missing from several of the verses. So, it shows only 427 years from the time of the flood until Abraham left for the land of Caanan. However, the Septuagint and other texts show that it was actually 1,127 years, which is far more logical, considering the time of long life spans of that period. It also lines up much better with the list of Pharaohs.

My calculations show that we are now living somewhere between 7,200 and 7,700 years (depending on when Shem was born) since the time of Adam's creation.

"Buying into someone's religious, philosophical, or political teachings is the point where you've decided to allow them to do your thinking for you."
03-26-2011 02:28 PM
JWHVACR
Older Man

Here are my calculations from the Septuagint:
1512-BCE Exodus (1550-BCE likely secular date)
+400 Israel goes to Egypt
+130 age of Jacob when he went to Egypt
+60 Age of Isaac when Jacob was born
+100 Age of Abraham when Isaac was born
+70 Age of Terah when Abram was born
+179 to Terah
+130 to Seruch
+132 to Ragau
+134 to Phaleg
+130 to Heber
+130 to Sala
+135 to Cainan
+2 from flood to birth of Arphaxad
3244-BCE Flood
+1 year in ark
+97 to Shem
+500 to Noah
+188 Lamech
+187 Methuselah
+165 Enoch
+162 Jared
+165 MaleLeal
+170 Cainen
+190 Enos
+205 Seth
+230 Adam
5504 –BCE (or possibly 5542-BCE) creation of Adam
+2011 – 0 year)
7,514 years
2011 - 1514 = 497-AD (or possibly 455-AD) end of 6,000 years

03-27-2011 07:41 AM
Prodigal Son

Great research Jim. So now we have an Adam that lived well before the alleged 7,000 year mark of the length of creative days. By these numbers Satan and his demons should have already been consumed by fire from heaven AFTER the thousand-year reign of Christ.

I'm really not trying to be a weisenheimer, but there is so much extreme intelligence around here, and I'm just wondering, how does all the hard evidence that humans have been walking this earth for at least 75,000 years (and there's even some for 200,000+ years) fit into all this?

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?" ~1 Corinthians 6:19
03-27-2011 09:28 AM
Find all posts by this user
JWHVACR
Older Man

Prodigal Son Wrote:
I'm really not trying to be a weisenheimer, but there is so much extreme intelligence around here, and I'm just wondering, how does all the hard evidence that humans have been walking this earth for at least 75,000 years (and there's even some for 200,000+ years) fit into all this?

Just don't take ANYTHING that "experts" say (including me) too seriously!

03-27-2011 01:46 PM
JWHVACR
Older Man

Notice how the adjusted dates shown above now tie into actual archeological history:

Look at the list of Egyptian PharaOhs in the document Pharaohs Timeline and the dates that are shown there. Could that first king in the 1st Egyptian Dynasty (Menes) have actually been the Egyptian name for Noah’s son Ham… or possibly his son Mesrain, the progenitor of their race (see Genesis 11:8-13)?

Also notice how (in the same link) the adjusted date for the creation of Adam (5542-B.C.E.) aligns with the beginning of the supposed ParaOhs (kings) of the Pre-dynastic Period (5550-B.C.E.). Could Adam have been the King whom the Egyptians named Horus ‘Scorpion’ PharaOh? If so, then our dates come as close as just TEN YEARS!

Also, notices one of the interesting dates (of the 2 suggested) for the end of 6,000 years since man's creation (455-C.E., the sack of the 6th World Power, Rome).
Pretty coincidental!

03-28-2011 09:14 AM
JWHVACR
Older Man

It is also interesting to note that the much argued radiocarbon dating for the destruction of the ancient city of Jericho (which has been used to prove that the Bible’s chronology is flawed) works in well with our estimated 1555-B.C.E. date, since the recorded limit for this is exactly forty years later, or in 1535! See the Wikipedia article Jericho under the subheading Ancient Times.

In addition, consider the fact that archaeologists say that the Chinese civilization can be traced back some 5,000 years. And while Bible chronology using the Masoretic text sets the Downpour (global flood) at about 4,350 years ago, the chronology from the Septuagint sets it closer to 5,300 years ago, which works better with the dates according to archaeologists.

Consider too the calendar of the Aztecs. Notice that according to their mythology, there have been five ages, the fifth of which will end on December 24th 2011. However, according to their calendar, the fourth age ended by water in 3113-B.C.E. Yes, that is off from our calculations of the date of the Downpour, but only by 164 years!

Also, notice that the Mayan calendar, which is similar to the Aztec calendar, and which sets the date of this age as ending on December 23rd 2012, estimates this age to have started on August 11, 3114-B.C.E. So, how many witnesses have to be provided in order to prove the Masoretic text to be in error?

04-17-2011 10:04 PM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites