Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Salt Covenant
JWHVACR
Older Man

Group: Registered Plus
Salt Covenant

Notice that God had made a special Agreement with just Aaron and his sons; that they would not receive an inheritance of land in IsraEl, but rather, they would receive all their provisions from among the holy sacrifices that the IsraElites would bring to God’s sacred Tent (or later, Temple). They alone could serve inside the Holy Place, which appears to picture being in the presence of God. And this agreement was termed The Covenant of Salt (see Numbers 18:19), since salt was to be offered with each sacrifice (see Leviticus 2:13). Notice that this special Agreement seems to picture the Promise that Jesus made with his Apostles for heavenly life.

And while it is true that all in the Tribe of Levi were priests and were not to receive an inheritance of land, those who were not descended from Aaron and Moses could not serve INSIDE the sacred Tent, and they were to receive the tithes as their inheritance (see Numbers 18:21). So, those priests (small p) appear to picture a coming class of holy individuals who will serve God as priests here on the earth, but whom (like the Priests, all IsraEl, and the non-IsraElite converts) were all to partake of the Passover emblems.

"Our minds don't control our beliefs, our beliefs control our minds."
"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."
"Buying into someone's religious, philosophical, or political teachings is the point where you've decided to allow them to do your thinking for you."
04-08-2011 08:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Bangalore

RE: Salt Covenant

Do you feel that all believers should partake of the emblems during the memorial?

Warm Christian Love
Bangalore

"While producing people who were outwardly moral, they subverted the essential qualities of humility, compassion and mercy." - Raymond Franz
http://www.spiritualbrother.blogspot.com/
04-08-2011 10:12 AM
JWHVACR
Older Man

Bangalore Wrote:
Do you feel that all believers should partake of the emblems during the memorial?

Warm Christian Love
Bangalore

I can't think of a scripture that tells us not to.

"Our minds don't control our beliefs, our beliefs control our minds."
"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."
"Buying into someone's religious, philosophical, or political teachings is the point where you've decided to allow them to do your thinking for you."
04-08-2011 04:03 PM
Derek

Group: Registered

Hi Jim,
Absolutely, the two class doctrine is a strange elitist unChristian hierarchical practice.
regards
Derek

We go in faith, our own great weakness feeling,
And needing more each day Thy grace to know:
Yet from our hearts a song of triumph pealing,
“We rest on Thee, and in Thy Name we go.”
04-09-2011 10:14 AM
Find all posts by this user
wolfie

that's just it--the closer you grow to Jesus the closer you want to still and you realize there is no wall between you--certainly no wall imposed upon you by another and one that you realize you would not allow to be erected to keep you away from Jesus and not closer to--
you are right derek--''strange'' indeed---

''In the midst of winter I finally learned that in me there was an invincible summer.'' Albert Camus

''live simply, speak kindly, love unconditionally''
04-09-2011 10:22 AM
isomam
In Spite of Many and Much

i've said it so many times, i'm sure people must be tired of hearing it by now, but ...

whereas religion divides -- in so many ways and on so many levels --

spirituality (authentic true worship) brings about a closeness that is indescribable in words.

Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. Of these I am foremost.--1 Timothy 1:15.

Above all things, have INTENSE Love for one another.--1 Peter 4:8.

Sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts. ... Hold a good conscience.--1 Peter 3:15, 16.

TRUTH IS SIMPLE.
04-09-2011 11:02 AM
grateful

I believe that all believers in Christ should share the memorial meal. I have been doing this for the past three years. His saving grace is for all!:read: Took me a long time getting there, but I most certainly wouldn't go back to not celebrating it now I understand the difference!:read::)
Agape,
Grateful :giverose:

04-09-2011 11:14 AM
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Group: Moderator

Good morning ...

I so hear you dear sis grateful about the 'going back' ... :(

I always want to try to keep moving forward oin that road to 'everlasting life'!

And dear br. jim ... I thought this scripture would harmonize with your last words of your post ...

[b]John 6:47-59 ...[/b]

47 Most truly I say to YOU, He that believes has everlasting life. 48 “I am the bread of life. 49 YOUR forefathers ate the manna in the wilderness and yet died. 50 This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that anyone may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven; if anyone eats of this bread he will live forever; and, for a fact, the bread that I shall give is my flesh in behalf of the life of the world.” 52 Therefore the Jews began contending with one another, saying: “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” 53 Accordingly Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to YOU, Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves. 54 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; 55 for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. 56 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him. 57 Just as the living Father sent me forth and I live because of the Father, he also that feeds on me, even that one will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. It is not as when YOUR forefathers ate and yet died. He that feeds on this bread will live forever.” 59 These things he said as he was teaching in public assembly at Ca‧per′na‧um.

So to me that are a LOT of important points in these verses for us to consider ... I wonder why they don't use these scriptures during memorial time ... :questioning:

The audience he was speaking with was a PUBLIC ASSEMBLY ... and so the information that would be spoken of would be for EVERYONE gathered there wouldn't it ... and if everyone would have listened to his words then the number of PARTAKERS in time would surely have been MORE that just 144,000 wouldn't it ...

For one cannot help but remember Jesus other words where he told his disciples to preach ALL that he had spoken ... and over the 2000 of years preaching again reasoning on these words would seem to solidly indicate that ANYONE and EVERYONE who BELEIVED could partake ...

Also there is NO MENTION ... of WHERE ... the 'everlasting life' Jesus was speaking about is there ... heaven or earth ....?

Christ came to die for the world so that it might have everlasting life ... period ... and when we think on this scripture in light of the above ... then again to HARMONIZE TOGETHER would again show that everyone would need to partake of the 'bread from heaven' in order to have everlasting life!

Also he speaks about the 'manna from heaven that their forefathers ate' ...

I just had this thought pop into my mind so thought I'd share ...

Just WHO was it that ate this manna in the wildnerness ... not only was it who came to be called natural Israelites ... but didn't the VAST MIXED COMPANY eat of this manna as well to stay alive ...?

So, as the 'society' likes to 'picture past with modern day' ... wouldn't that be another indication of the IMPORTANCE and RIGHTFULNESS of ALL of Jehovah's Witnesses partaking?

To me you cannot pick and choose from an illustrative purpose only the parts you want to fit so as to make a DISTINCTION between people ... because we are all ONE FLOCK with ONE LORD ...

Also verse 50 says that ANYONE can partake ... again if Jesus didn't say that only SOME were to partake depending on 'where' they going ... then would it be right to ADD TO his words and make a doctrine say somethig different ...?

Anyway, I better not get started ... ;)

Luv to all ... BR :sheepy: :bouncyhearts:

http://bruisedreednotbroke.blogspot.com
04-10-2011 11:21 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites