Latest News: The Great Trubulation

What Day Did Messiah Resurrect?
Steadfast

Group: Registered Plus

For almost 2,000 years, followers of Yeshua the Messiah have been taught and believed, that he was resurrected on Sunday, the first day of the seven-day week.

Let the festivals kept by the sons of Israel at that time, bear witness to the correct days and the events that changed the course of mankind forever.

Jerusalem – 30 CE:

SIXTH DAY before Passover/Nisan 9/Thursday/Friday
Yeshua comes to the home of Lazarus to share a meal. Mary and Martha are there and Mary anoints the Messiah with costly ointment in preparation for his burial:

John 12:1-3 Then six days before the Passover, Yeshua came to Bethany, where Lazarus was, who had died, whom He raised from the dead. Then they made Him a supper there, and Martha served. But Lazarus was one of those reclining with Him. Then taking a pound of ointment of pure, costly spikenard, Mary anointed the feet of Yeshua and wiped off His feet with her hair, and the house was filled with the odor of the ointment.

FIFTH DAY before Passover/Weekly Sabbath/Nisan 10/Friday/Saturday

Chosen Passover lambs begin a four-day examination by the family to assure they are blemish-free:

Exodus 12:3-4 You speak to all the company of Israel, saying, In the tenth of this month--they take to them each man a lamb for the house of the fathers, a lamb for a house. '(And if the household be too few for a lamb that he has taken, he and his neighbor who is near to his house, for the number of persons, each according to his eating, you do count for the lamb.)'

Exodus 12:5-6 ...a lamb, a perfect one, a male, a son of a year, let be to you; from the sheep or from the goats you do take it. 'And it has become a charge for you, until the fourteenth day of this month...'

As the weekly Sabbath ends at 6 p.m, Yehovah's Lamb begins his inspection before the religious leaders and the people:

FOURTH DAY before Passover/Nisan 11/Saturday/Sunday

1. Messiah enters Jerusalem as King on a donkey where he begins a four-day period of examination by the religious leaders and the people:
Mark 11:11 and Yeshua entered into Jerusalem, and into the temple, and having looked around on all things, it being now EVENING, he went to Bethany with the twelve.

2. The Greek word OPSIOS, translated EVENING means 'after sunset but before evening.'

3. According to Mark 11:1-7, Messiah had his disciples obtain the colt of a donkey that had never been ridden for his entrance into Jerusalem:
Mark 11:1-7 And when they draw near to Jerusalem, to Bethphage and Bethany, toward the Mount of Olives, he sent two of his disciples, and said to them, 'Go into the village opposite you. And going into it, at once you will find a colt tied, on which no man has sat. Untie it and bring it. And if anyone says to you, Why do you do this? say, The Lord has need of it. And he will at once send it here.' And they departed and found the colt tied at the door outside, by the crossway; and they untied it. And some of those standing there said to them, 'What are you doing untying the colt?' And they said to them as Yeshua commanded, and they let them go. And they led the colt to Yeshua. And they threw their garments on it and he sat on it.

4. Riding the donkey, Messiah followed the Jericho road along the Mount of Olives, then turning west over the Kidron Bridge (Priestly Bridge-Red Heifer Bridge), he rode through the east gate to the temple complex.

5. A great multitude met him there, laying down their garments (tallits) and waving palm branches:

John 12:13 ...they took palm branches and went out to meet him, and they were crying out: 'Hosanna! Blessed is the One coming in the name of Yehovah, the King of Israel!'

6. A 500-year-old prophecy of Zechariah is fulfilled:

Zechariah 9:9 Behold your king is coming to you; He is just and endowed with salvation, humble and mounted on a colt, the foal of a donkey.

THIRD DAY before Passover/Nisan 12/Sunday/Monday
The Passover lamb/s is/are examined by the people and the religious leaders.

Messiah is anointed a second time:

Matthew 26:6-7 And when Yeshua was in Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, a woman came to him, having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head as he reclined.

SECOND DAY before Passover /Nisan 13/Monday/Tuesday
The Passover lamb/s is/are examined by the people and the religious leaders.

After 6 p.m:

Messiah observes the Passover memorial with his disciples. The tradition of singing Psalm 118 is observed. Imagine our Messiah singing this psalm and the meaning in it for him:

Psalm 118:1-4 'O give thanks to Yehovah, for He is good, for His mercy endures forever.' So let Israel now say, for His mercy endures forever, So let the house of Aaron now say, for His mercy endures forever. So let them now that fear Yehovah say, for His mercy endures forever.

Psalm 118:5-8 Out of my distress I called upon Yehovah; He answered me with great enlargement. Yehovah is for me; I will not fear; what can man do to me? Yehovah is for me as my helper; and I shall gaze upon them that hate me. It is better to take refuge in Yehovah than to trust in man.

Psalm 118:9-12 It is better to take refuge in Yehovah than to trust in princes. All nations surround me; surely, in the name of Yehovah I will destroy them. They surround me, yes, they surround me; surely, in the name of Yehovah I will destroy them. They surround like bees; they are quenched as the fire of thorns; surely, in the name of Yehovah I will destroy them.

Psalm 118:13-16 Pushing, you pushed me to fall; but Yehovah helped me. Yehovah is my strength and song; and He is become my salvation. The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tents of the righteous; the right hand of Yehovah doeth valiantly. The right hand of Yehovah is exalted; the right hand of Yehovah acts mightily.

Psalm 118:17-20 I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of Yehovah. Chastening, Yehovah has chastened me, but He has not given me over to death. Open to me the gates of righteousness; I will enter into them, I will give thanks to Yehovah. This is the gate of Yehovah; the righteous shall enter into it.

Psalm 118:21-25 I will give thanks to You, for You have answered me, and are my salvation. The stone which the builders rejected is become the chief corner-stone. This is Yehovah’s; it is marvelous in our eyes. This is the day which Yehovah has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. We beseech You, O Yehovah, save now! We beseech You, O Yehovah, make us now to prosper!

Psalm 118:26-29 Blessed be he that comes in the name of Yehovah; we bless you out of the house of Yehovah. Yehovah is God, and has given us light; order the festival procession with boughs, even to the horns of the altar. You are my God, and I will give thanks to You; You are my God, I will exalt You. O give thanks to Yehovah, for He is good, for His mercy endures forever.

Afterward, Messiah and the disciples go out to the garden of Gethsemane. Later that night, Messiah is taken captive in the garden on the Mount of Olives, and his seven trials begin:

#1 - Before Annas - John 18:12-14, 19-23

#2 - Before Caiaphas - Matthew 26:57, 59-68; Mark 14:53, 55-65; Luke 22:54, 63-65; John 18:24

#3 - Before the Sanhedrin - Matthew 27:1; Mark 15:1; Luke 22:66-71

FIRST DAY before Passover/Day of Crucifixion/Nisan 14/Tuesday/Wednesday

The final inspection of the Passover lamb/s is/are finished by the religious leaders and the people:

Daytime:

1. The trials of Yeshua are completed before Pontius Pilate, Edomite King Herod, and the people:

#4 - Before Pilate #1 - Matthew 27:2, 11-14; Mark 15:1b-5; Luke 23:1-5; John 18:28-38

#5 - Before Herod - Luke 23:6-12

#6 - Before Pilate #2 - Matthew 27:15-23; Mark 15:6-14; Luke 23:13-22; John 18:39-19:6

#7 - People Reject Messiah and Pass Judgment - Matthew 27:24-31; Mark 15:15-20; Luke 23:23-25; John 19:7-16

2. Unjustly condemned to death, Messiah is staked and stoned, and dies on the execution tree at 3 p.m as the Passover Lamb. At the same hour, Passover lambs are slain in the temple.

3. Messiah is placed in the tomb BEFORE 6 p.m:

John 19:31 Therefore, since it was the Preparation Day, that the bodies should not remain on the tree on the Sabbath - for the Sabbath was a HIGH ONE - the Jews asked Pilate to have their legs broken, and that they be taken away.

At 6 p.m. begins the Festival of the Passover as the nation of Israel eats their Passover Lamb. Also beginning at 6 p.m:

GREAT SABBATH (High Sabbath) OF UNLEAVENED BREAD/Nisan 15/Wednesday/Thursday

Yeshua, the Unleavened Bread, is in the tomb the FIRST NIGHT.

SECOND DAY of Great Sabbath Unleavened Bread/Nisan 16/Thursday/Friday

1. The rest day of the Great Sabbath of Unleavened Bread is observed by the disciples.

2. The Great Sabbath of Unleavened Bread ends at 6 p.m.

Messiah, the Unleavened Bread, is in the tomb the SECOND NIGHT.

Friday, during the day before 6 p.m: The women buy spices for the anointing of the body of Messiah.

Yeshua, the Unleavened Bread, is in the tomb the THIRD NIGHT.

WEEKLY SABBATH/Nisan 17/Friday/Saturday

Weekly Sabbath begins at 6 p.m. The disciples of Messiah observe the weekly Sabbath.

Before the weekly Sabbath ends on Saturday at 6 p.m:

1. Messiah is resurrected by Yehovah from the grave.

2. Messiah becomes Lord of the Sabbath.

At 6 p.m:

Festival of First Fruits begins:

FESTIVAL OF FIRST FRUITS/Nisan 18/Saturday/Sunday
On the first day of the week, the women arrive at the tomb to anoint the body of the Messiah with the spices they bought.

1. The resurrected Messiah appears first to Mary Magdalene and forbids her to touch him:

John 20:17 Yeshua said to her, 'Do not touch me, for I have not yet ascended to my Father, but go to my brothers and say to them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God, and your God.'

There was a Jewish tradition that after the high priest cleansed himself for the Day of Atonement, before ascending the steps to present the blood of the sacrifice in the Most Holy, he would utter the words: 'Do not touch me for I have not yet ascended to the Father.'

2. Messiah ascends to the throne of Yehovah in heaven to present himself as the first fruit of the harvest.

At the festival of First Fruits:

3. The high priest presents the wave offering of the first fruit of the harvest in the earthly temple and offers with it an unblemished lamb as a sacrifice:

Leviticus 23:10-12 “Speak to the children of Israel, and you shall say to them, ‘When you come into the land which I give you, and shall reap its harvest, then you shall bring a sheaf of the first-fruits of your harvest to the priest. ‘And he shall wave the sheaf before Yehovah, for your acceptance. On the morrow after the Sabbath the priest waves it. ‘And on that day when you wave the sheaf, you shall prepare a male lamb a year old, a perfect one, as a burnt offering to Yehovah.

It is highly probable that at the exact time Messiah is before the throne in the temple in heaven presenting himself as the first fruit of the harvest, the high priest is making the wave offering of the first fruit of the harvest and the unblemished lamb in the earthly temple.

Later that same day , on the first day of the week, in the afternoon:

The resurrected Messiah appears to the two disciples on the road to Emmaus - Luke 24:13-22:

Luke 24:13-15 And, behold, two of them were going on the same day to a village being sixty stadia distant from Jerusalem, which was named Emmaus. And they talked to each other about all these things taking place. And it happened, as they talked and reasoned, coming near, Yeshua Himself traveled with them.

Luke 24:16-18 But their eyes were held so as not to recognize Him. And He said to them, What words are these which you exchange with each other while walking, and are sad of face? And answering, one of them whose name was Cleopas, said to Him, Are you only one who resides in Jerusalem and do not know the things happening in it in these days?

Luke 24:19-21 And He said to them, What things? And they said to Him, The things concerning Yeshua the Nazarene, who was a man, a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people; and how the chief priests and our rulers delivered Him to the judgment of death, and crucified Him. But we were hoping that He is the One going to redeem Israel. But then with all these things, this third day comes today since these things happened.

Luke 24:22-24 And also some of our women astounded us, having been early at the tomb, and not finding His body, they came saying to have seen a vision of angels also, who say Him to be alive. And some of those with us went to the tomb, and found it so, even as the women also said; but they did not see Him.

Luke 24:25-27 And He said to them, O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe on all things which the prophets spoke! Was it not necessary for the Messiah to suffer these things, and to enter into His glory? And beginning from Moses, and from all the prophets, He explained to them the things about Himself in all the Scriptures.

Luke 24:28-30 And they drew near to the village where they were going, and He seemed to be going further. And they constrained Him, saying, Stay with us, for it is toward evening, and the day has declined. And He went in to stay with them. And it happened as He reclined with them, having taken the loaf, He blessed, and having broken He gave to them.

Luke 24:31-32 And their eyes were opened, and they knew Him. And He became invisible to them. And they said to one another, Was not our heart burning in us as He spoke to us in the highway, and as He opened up to us the Scriptures?

Later that same evening:

The resurrected Messiah appears to the eleven in Jerusalem. They touch him and see that he is flesh and bone. Luke 24:33-40:

Luke 24:33-35 And rising up in the same hour, they went back to Jerusalem, and they found the Eleven, and those with them, having been gathered, saying, The Lord really was raised and appeared to Simon. And they related the things in the highway, and how He was known to them in the breaking of the loaf.

Luke 24:36-38 And as they were telling these things, Yeshua Himself stood in their midst, and said to them, Peace to you! But being terrified, and being filled with fear, they thought they saw a spirit. And He said to them, Why are you troubled? And why do reasonings come up in your hearts.

Luke 24:39-40 See My hands and My feet, that I am He? Feel Me and see, because a spirit does not have flesh and bones, as you see Me having. And saying this, He showed them His hands and feet.

As Yeshua prophesied, he was in the grave three full days and three full nights:

Matthew 12:40 And even as ‘Jonah was in the belly of the huge fish three days and three nights,’ so shall the Son of Man be in the heart of the earth three days and three nights. (Jonah 1:17)

Yehovah planned the timing of the Jewish festivals and Sabbaths during the week of the crucifixion, to help us see not only the day Messiah died and when he was resurrected, but also when he presented himself before the throne of God as the first fruit harvest.

The Jewish festival information should lead us to the conclusion that the Messiah of Yehovah, the Son of God, the perfect atonement sacrifice for sin, was resurrected from the grave late on the weekly 7th day Sabbath, and not on Sunday, the first day of the week, as most theologians wrongly teach.

With so much information now available, why do they still teach it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wsKcP9J7Cg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO4a9dIAOp4
04-18-2011 12:50 PM
Find all posts by this user
llee

RE: What Day Did Messiah Resurrect?

Good afternoon sis:hibye:

Just wanted to thank you so much for the updated version and for making me feel like an eyewitness.:giverose:
sis

Psalms 68:11 "Jehovah himself gives the saying;
The women telling the good news are a large army."

"Every civilization learns what it needs to know, and the next one forgets it." Gil Grissom CSI

04-19-2011 03:39 PM
gogh
Participator

Group: Moderator

Hi Steadfast

I too would like to offer an expression of gratitude for your research/presentation. Thank you so very much.

Christian love and appreciation,

gogh

"......."This is my Son, whom I have chosen. Keep listening to him!" Luke 9:35
04-19-2011 03:47 PM
grateful

Yes, fantastic research. :ok:Have printed it out, so I can fully understand. Thanks for that, Steadfast!:thumbsup:
Agape,
Grateful :giverose:

04-20-2011 08:36 AM
e-magine
Disciple of Newness

Nice work!...Yes, tears also.

Henry Ward Beecher-1872 Preacher of Plymouth Church, Brooklyn, in his home later bought by C.H. Russell.
He is looking at the Brooklyn Bridge,,,, is it the way into, or, out of Brooklyn for you?
04-20-2011 10:52 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites