Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Fear, Religions Death Grip, On Jesus' Sheep
TruthSeeker

Group: Registered Plus
Fear, Religions Death Grip, On Jesus' Sheep

Greetings dear brothers and sisters may you all abound abundantly in His grace and the untold blessings of our Lord and King Jesus:

Dear brothers and sisters,

It is no secret that religions use the fear factor in order to keep the sheep in their pen!

Our Lord and Savior well knew the designs of the appointed religious leaders of the day he walked the earth, as he stated in Mathew 23:4, “They tie up heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on the shoulders of others; but they themselves are unwilling to lift a finger to move them” (NRSV). Mathew 23:13-15, “Woe to you Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you lock people out of the kingdom of heaven. For you do not go in yourselves, and when others are going in, you stop them. Woe to you Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cross sea and land to make a single convert, and you make the new convert twice as much a child of hell as yourselves.

Jesus said also, (paraphrased) “The freedom I give is not like the freedom of the world, when I set you free, you will really be free”! Also, he said “whoever submits himself to another becomes a slave of that one, so that he is no longer free, but subject to that one”.

In Mathew 18:20, Jesus said “For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them”, also in John 14:26 he said “But the Advocate the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything and remind you of all that I have said to you”./i]

JF Rutherford one of the WTS presidents presented a lecture entitled Religion is a snare and a racket, and this topic was recorded on records to be played to householders and all over the world. While this lecture homed in on the reality of religious organizations, the WTS in many ways has become the most offensive snare and racket among all religious organizations.

Without compunction, it has mind controlled in a very real cult like fashion all the rank and file of its order to the extent that they have no real relationship with our Lord and Savior, and subsequently have no real Christian freedom our Master has offered. Beyond that, their captivity makes them enslaved to men and their man made rules, often times leading to their spiritually starved state, as well as the many losses of life as a result of the no blood mandate.

It is with good reason that the Apostle Paul said (paraphrased) “[i]Stop becoming slaves of men
”. At the time of his writing, it was the newly converted Christianized Jews that were clinging to the Jewish traditions, many of which were beyond the Mosaic Law, that the Scribes and Pharisees added on the backs of the sheep.

It is no different today, religions are created by men with their own agenda and special interpretive skills for a specific purpose, and like then, fear is a means for keeping the sheep in their pen, enslaving them as subjects of a new owner and master. This should not be the case for all who confess Jesus as our Lord, King, and Savior. He is our master and we are in need of no other. He sees to it that we are cared for through the Holy Spirit, and he is with us “all the days until the conclusion of the system of things”.

Jesus said, (paraphrased) “you must be perfect in love as your heavenly Father is perfect”. In 1John 4:18 says “There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts fear out; for fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not reached perfection in love”. If therefore we allow ourselves to submit ourselves to fear through men or religions, we show a lack of faith in our Lord and Savior and for his promise of Christian freedom.

May we all submit ourselves fully to our Lord and King always, and may he continue to cover us all with his love, peace and grace through this time we are enduring.

Christian love, brother Fred

1st John 4:20 If anyone makes the statement: "I love God," and yet is hating his brother, he is a liar. For he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot be loving God whom he has not seen.
04-21-2011 08:57 PM
Find all posts by this user
Willa
Peace, baby!

Group: Moderator
RE: Fear, Religions Death Grip, On Jesus' Sheep

Amen, bro. Fred - well said!
These scriptures meant a lot when I was newly learning about the absence of love being fear(they still do mean a lot!):

God Is Love!
1 John 4:7-19
Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love. By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us. By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us.

Love and peace to you! :)

:heartbeat: You are my friends! I don't think it just by chance, but by God's Grand Design, that He has guided both our steps... to let your paths cross mine. :heartbeat:
04-21-2011 09:47 PM
isomam
In Spite of Many and Much

thanks for that, truthseeker. :thumbup: very nice.

and-a one ... and-a two ... and-a three ... and-a four.

1 -- fear
2 -- guilt
3 -- shame
4 -- peer pressure

that's religion's song. :whistle:

Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. Of these I am foremost.--1 Timothy 1:15.

Above all things, have INTENSE Love for one another.--1 Peter 4:8.

Sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts. ... Hold a good conscience.--1 Peter 3:15, 16.

TRUTH IS SIMPLE.
04-21-2011 10:08 PM
digging

Yes!

Thank-you Willa for that vs 'love casts fear out'

I remember when I first started to understand this. I thought of a helpful illustration.

A small child wants to walk BUT they fall easily and are AFRAID because they feel thier lack of balance....but when mommy or daddy knells down with open arms calling them....the 'love' casts out the fear and they take that first step with a big smile on thier face!

He just wants us to start 'trying' to walk on the path....

Digging

04-22-2011 04:52 AM
New Heart
Faithful and Truth

great example Digging!

Also I was thinking this..If you have a baby..you can't keep giving it only milk for years and years, the child will starve to death. This fear we feel..is like an inner compas, telling us something is wrong here in our worship...we are starving for the freedom and Truth only God can alone give us. He is the solid food we have to move on to, so that we can grow, eating from the tree of life..through letting go of the fear of man and depending on GOD to make us stand solid in the faith.

Heb. 5:14

But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

1 Corinthians 2:6 We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.

Ephesians 4:13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

Great and very true post Willa.

O LORD, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.
04-22-2011 11:01 AM
New Heart
Faithful and Truth

Thank you Brother Fred! I am so thankful for you my dear brother in Christ :)

Hebrews 6:1 Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God,

Psalm 116
1. I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.

2. Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.

3. The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.

4. Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul.

5. Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.

6. The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me.

7. Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee.

8. For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.

9. I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living.

10. I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted:

11. I said in my haste, All men are liars.

12. What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?

13. I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.

14. I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people.

15. Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

16. O LORD, truly I am thy servant; I am thy servant, and the son of thine handmaid: thou hast loosed my bonds.

17. I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD.

18. I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people.

19. In the courts of the LORD's house, in the midst of thee, O Jerusalem. Praise ye the LORD.

In Christ,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_a6meI0WkY

:heartbeat:

O LORD, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.
04-22-2011 11:12 AM
1 OF MINI

isomam Wrote:

1 -- fear
2 -- guilt
3 -- shame
4 -- peer pressure

Hi Isomam,

Your comment recalled to mind the book co-written by Susan Forward PhD, Emotional Blackmail: When the People in Your Life Use Fear, Obligation, and Guilt to Manipulate You.

As I understand it, she was the first to coin the acronym FOG (fear, obligation, guilt), and she wrote of it in the book...

"Emotional blackmail is a powerful form of manipulation in which people close to us threaten, either directly or indirectly, to punish us if we don't do what they want… Our blackmailers make it nearly impossible to see how they're manipulating us, because they lay down a thick fog that obscures their actions. We'd fight back if we could, but they ensure that we literally can't see what is happening to us."

So it seems religion and emotional blackmail have gone hand in hand down the millenia.

A man dies when he refuses to stand up for that which is right. A man dies when he refuses to stand up for justice. A man dies when he refuses to take a stand for that which is true. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
04-22-2011 10:46 PM
billy

if any one has ever been in an abusive relationship you will recognize these same tactics are used too - so i come to the conclusion that religion is abusive - the way to free ones self from abusive relationships is to get free, independant and strong - this applies to religion as well

04-27-2011 08:10 AM
New Heart
Faithful and Truth

These words stuck out to me in the title.

Death Grip

I saw the earth from in space, and the earth was being squeezed to death by a giant snake holding the earth in a stranglehold vice grip.

04-27-2011 10:08 AM
COMankind

Well...while I am a fan of the wilderness, and I do feel that religion certainly throws too much weight around, I guess I personally don't go all the way to death grip...yet.

I view it more like how a kindergarten teacher runs a classroom vs. a college professor.

In kindergarten, the teacher makes sure the children eat, go to the bathroom, get sleep, treat others kindly, etc. Children don't leave the room, they don't make many decisions of their own.

In college...a teacher will trust that you have a certain level of maturity. You are responsible for your education. It doesn't matter if you show up for class or not...but you need to show growth when it matters.

People who are a part of organized religion like to be told where to sit, what to say, when to say it. This in itself is a sign of spiritual immaturity, and frankly, many may not be ready to graduate.

philia, COMankind

"The tent of God is with mankind" - Rev 21:3

04-27-2011 10:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
grateful

1 OF MINI Wrote:

isomam Wrote:

1 -- fear
2 -- guilt
3 -- shame
4 -- peer pressure

Hi Isomam,

Your comment recalled to mind the book co-written by Susan Forward PhD, Emotional Blackmail: When the People in Your Life Use Fear, Obligation, and Guilt to Manipulate You.

As I understand it, she was the first to coin the acronym FOG (fear, obligation, guilt), and she wrote of it in the book...

"Emotional blackmail is a powerful form of manipulation in which people close to us threaten, either directly or indirectly, to punish us if we don't do what they want… Our blackmailers make it nearly impossible to see how they're manipulating us, because they lay down a thick fog that obscures their actions. We'd fight back if we could, but they ensure that we literally can't see what is happening to us."

So it seems religion and emotional blackmail have gone hand in hand down the millenia.

I liked that reference to 'fog' where you can't actually 'see' what is happening in an emotionally abusive relationship. It reminds me of the scripture about the blind leading the blind! Thick fog in abundance!:thinking:
Agape,
Grateful :giverose:

04-27-2011 01:22 PM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites