Latest News: The Great Trubulation

welcome billi
man hu
Babe and any other piggy names

Group: Moderator
welcome billi

Hope you find love, encouragement and empathy here.
vicky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1sj2gQJIKI
04-24-2011 06:22 PM
Find all posts by this user
Bangalore

Group: Registered Plus
RE: welcome billi

Welcome to the forum,Billi.

Warm Christian Love
Bangalore

"While producing people who were outwardly moral, they subverted the essential qualities of humility, compassion and mercy." - Raymond Franz
http://www.spiritualbrother.blogspot.com/
04-26-2011 10:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Resolute
politicus incorrectissimus in extremis

Hey guys, Billi is our old friend Billy from Australia whose password didn't work. The accounts are being merged as we speak.

Welcome back, Billy. Haven't seen you for awhile. How's the weather down under?

love,
rez

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one… – Edmund Burke
04-26-2011 10:36 AM
grateful

Welcome back Billy!:hibye:
Grateful :giverose:

04-26-2011 01:48 PM
billy

Hello Man hu, Bangalore, Grateful, Resolute

thanks for the greetings

I was having problems with my passwords - but its all good now

i often read the posts and have stuggled for years on where i stand with the wt organization - I stopped going to the meetings for over a year and decided to return again - having the absecense gave me a fresh look at the meetings again - and have come to the same conclusion - there is definetely something wrong - the organization is run more like a business than a spiritual education and refuge -

i so appreciate to have this forum to go to where i feel sane

love to all :friends:

04-27-2011 06:11 AM
COMankind

Good to meet you Billi, and welcome back.

I'd enjoy hearing more on your story of deciding to go back after a year and your reaction to it - if you're inclined.

philia, COMankind

"The tent of God is with mankind" - Rev 21:3

04-27-2011 06:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
billy

Thanks for the greeting
COMankind

I have a number of issues with how the organization is run and the attitude of its members - not much different to what many have already discussed on this forum and the e-watchman forum as well

1 the arrogance and lack of humility of the ruling class - gb, co, do, elders - when errors are made there is no appology and putting themselves in postions of authority without any proof these are approved by Jehovah
2 lack of support on a social and supportive level - no genuine friendships are formed even though we are expected to disown our previous friends and family
3 the expectation to accept prophecy interpretation with the threat of shunning and banishment if one has doubts or questions the interpretations even though the org has changed its views in the past -
4 operating by statistics like hours to meet for witnessing and the number of meetings one attends as the basis for ones supposed sprituality - when i can hardly find someone to talk to on spiritual matters
theres just so many things - i could go on and on......

cheers

04-27-2011 07:19 AM
billy

Resolute Wrote:
Hey guys, Billi is our old friend Billy from Australia whose password didn't work. The accounts are being merged as we speak.

love,
rez

we have been having stormy weather for the last week -lots of rain - which isnt too bad as we didnt get much rain from the floods - and its been very dry in past years - so my garden is loving it - i just put on a rain coat and do my gardening - we are in the autumn now, temperatures are cooling down - the humidity has lifted and the light is more clear and intense

04-27-2011 07:54 AM
man hu
Babe and any other piggy names

billy Wrote:
Thanks for the greeting
COMankind

I have a number of issues with how the organization is run and the attitude of its members - not much different to what many have already discussed on this forum and the e-watchman forum as well

1 the arrogance and lack of humility of the ruling class - gb, co, do, elders - when errors are made there is no appology and putting themselves in postions of authority without any proof these are approved by Jehovah
2 lack of support on a social and supportive level - no genuine friendships are formed even though we are expected to disown our previous friends and family
3 the expectation to accept prophecy interpretation with the threat of shunning and banishment if one has doubts or questions the interpretations even though the org has changed its views in the past -
4 operating by statistics like hours to meet for witnessing and the number of meetings one attends as the basis for ones supposed sprituality - when i can hardly find someone to talk to on spiritual matters
theres just so many things - i could go on and on......

cheers

I think the reason you call yourself Billy after your son and the lack of empathy from the elders says it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1sj2gQJIKI
04-27-2011 11:10 PM
Resolute
politicus incorrectissimus in extremis

billy Wrote:

Resolute Wrote:

love,
rez

we have been having stormy weather for the last week -lots of rain - which isnt too bad as we didnt get much rain from the floods - and its been very dry in past years - so my garden is loving it - i just put on a rain coat and do my gardening - we are in the autumn now, temperatures are cooling down - the humidity has lifted and the light is more clear and intense

Hey sis, we've been getting rain for the last week too and I'm so glad we don't live in the drowning Canadian prairies. It's supposed to be Spring here but it's really nippy out...more than usual. When May comes the hot weather should hit and I'll be scrambling to get my summer clothes out. The summer goes by much too quickly for my liking.

Looking forward to having your input once again. I believe Lauderdale can relate to your experience in giving the meetings another try. (She can correct me if I'm wrong.) Your observations are right on the money!

love, in Christ,
rez

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one… – Edmund Burke
04-28-2011 10:51 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites