Latest News: The Great Trubulation

How Should People Of Faith React To Bin Laden's Death?
Bangalore

Group: Registered Plus

http://www.yakima-herald.com/stories/201...en-s-death

Warm Christian Love
Bangalore

"While producing people who were outwardly moral, they subverted the essential qualities of humility, compassion and mercy." - Raymond Franz
http://www.spiritualbrother.blogspot.com/
05-10-2011 08:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
New Heart
Faithful and Truth

RE: How Should People Of Faith React To Bin Laden's Death?

We should react as we are no part of this world. We do not get involved at all in debates about this, because it is all a lie, and we do not want to become partakers and eating from the table of the lie.. Do not root for anything of this old world, it is passing away. Opinions about this world and the things of them pollutes a man or woman of God. Go within, and seek God will all getting.

Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Be at rest...sit back and watch God make everyhting fall before your eyes.

Hosea 10:12: "Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground; for it is time to seek the Lord, till He come and rain righteousness upon you." Any spiritual truth that falls on bad ground doesn't bear fruit.

O LORD, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.
05-10-2011 11:16 AM
Find all posts by this user
Seraphim

Group: Registered

Of course the real answer to not take pleasure in his death and to forgive him as far as he affects us and those we care about.

05-10-2011 11:31 AM
grateful

Exactly, Seraphim. I was quite shocked at all those Americans out in the streets behaving in such a joyous manner over his death.:shocked:

I don't believe my opinions of anything regarding this world pollute me, New Heart?:thinking: We are in the world, and we have to take some notice of what is going on around us, otherwise we would have to get out of the world!?:thinking::dontknow:
Agape,
Grateful :giverose:

05-10-2011 12:51 PM
NewTruth

<< Ezekiel 18:23 >>

New International Version (©1984)
Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?

05-10-2011 01:14 PM
1 OF MINI

My new signature explains it for me (emphasis added):

“I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars.” -Martin Luther King, Jr.

A man dies when he refuses to stand up for that which is right. A man dies when he refuses to stand up for justice. A man dies when he refuses to take a stand for that which is true. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
05-10-2011 06:36 PM
grateful

Martin Luther King Jnr made some wonderfully beautiful statements of faith. Look up 'quotes by Martin Luther King Jnr' and you'll see what I mean.:coffeeread:
Agape,

05-11-2011 06:15 AM
Derek

Group: Registered

As a man sows the same shall he reap.

There are enough children being blown to bits by tanks and guns. Enough innocent people starving to death. Enough natural disasters that cause untold grief to families, for us to shed unnecessary tears over perpetrators of evil.

Let's shed tears for the children without fathers or mothers through evil acts, and, since we may not have lost someone close to us at the hand of his loyal followers, let God and those so bereaved forgive him. Those so bereaved will have no easy words.

It is his and their story not ours, so we just observe and see how living by the sword is rewarded.

We go in faith, our own great weakness feeling,
And needing more each day Thy grace to know:
Yet from our hearts a song of triumph pealing,
“We rest on Thee, and in Thy Name we go.”
05-11-2011 06:36 PM
AlienResident
Around, again!

grateful Wrote:
Martin Luther King Jnr made some wonderfully beautiful statements of faith. Look up 'quotes by Martin Luther King Jnr' and you'll see what I mean.:coffeeread:
Agape,

Hey dearest sister,

I have been looking to one of MLK's statements for my signature, thanks for the link.

I send you lots of brotherly love,

AR

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.- MLK

05-11-2011 06:58 PM
grateful

AR Glad you liked them. :thumbsup: Look up 'quotes by Gandhi' and you'll see the same kind of spiritual minds behind his words too!
Christian love to you, AR :giverose:
Grateful

05-12-2011 12:13 PM
Resolute
politicus incorrectissimus in extremis

Group: Moderator

The death (whenever it may have occurred) of Bin Laden is simply a tree in the forest. If we focus to much on this single event we could be in danger of missing the bigger picture. Sooner or later the following scriptures will have their fulfillment.

“But pay attention to yourselves that YOUR hearts never become weighed down with overeating and heavy drinking and anxieties of life, and suddenly that day be instantly upon YOU as a snare. For it will come in upon all those dwelling upon the face of all the earth. Keep awake, then, all the time making supplication that YOU may succeed in escaping all these things that are destined to occur, and in standing before the Son of man.” -- Luke 21:34-36

1Now as to the times and the epochs, brethren, you have no need of anything to be written to you.

2For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night.

3While they are saying, "Peace and safety!" then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape.

4But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day would overtake you like a thief;

5for you are all sons of light and sons of day We are not of night nor of darkness;
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:1-5 (New American Standard Bible)

While it's good to take note of events of the day in order to get a sense of where we are in the stream of time, realize that there are many agencies out there that would love to use you and me to further their agendas.

We belong to Christ Jesus and have gratefully put ourselves in his service. One of the things he told us at Matthew 24:10-13 was:

"....Then, also, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. And many false prophets will arise and mislead many; and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off. But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved."

There are some really good points in that last scripture that have been under-emphasized by the WT in its efforts to spur its member on in "field service" by focusing on verse 14.

Beware of the divide-and-conquer boys out there and their huge propaganda machine. Take note of what is happening but always put it into context. Never forget love, as has been brought out in the above posts, as it is the perfect bond of union.

love to all, :grouphug:

rez

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one… – Edmund Burke
05-12-2011 06:38 PM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites