Jehovah's Witnesses - The Bible Report
The Unforgivable Sin
05-20-2011 05:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
COMankind

Group: Registered Plus
RE: Israel and USA talking about "Peace and Security"

From Wikipedia, listing recent attempts to make peace with Israel:

* 3.1 The Rogers peace plan and the Saddat initiative (1970-1972)
* 3.2 Madrid (1991-93)
* 3.3 Oslo (1993-)
* 3.4 1996-1999 agreements
o 3.4.1 Hebron agreement
o 3.4.2 Wye River Memorandum
* 3.5 Camp David 2000 Summit
* 3.6 Clinton's "Parameters" and the Taba talks
* 3.7 Beirut summit
* 3.8 The "Road Map" for peace
* 3.9 Israel-Hamas ceasefire of 2008
* 3.10 2010 direct talks

A never ending cycle.

philia, COMankind

"The tent of God is with mankind" - Rev 21:3

05-20-2011 07:51 PM
Beau Wetini
Me and my boy at the beach!

LOL, as long as someone has to he "right", there will never be Peace.

It's like watching a family feud gone wrong.

LIVE THE KINGDOM NOW!!

05-21-2011 03:15 AM
AlienResident
Around, again!

Israels crimes against the palestinians notwithstanding, we all know the main force driving Israel's policies towards its neighbours. Survival.

The day Israel's neighbours disarm themselves, there will be peace in the middle east. But the day Israel lay down its weapon, there will be no Israel.

AR

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.- MLK

05-21-2011 06:31 AM
Find all posts by this user
Interpretum
This Space For Rent

I think Abe's reason for posting was slightly different than the security or otherwise of Israel. The clue is in his thread title.

My Blog: The Prophetic Word

Latest post: Daniel 9 And The Seventy (70) Weeks - How Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy was fulfilled.
05-21-2011 10:03 AM
ablebodiedman

Interpretum Wrote:
I think Abe's reason for posting was slightly different than the security or otherwise of Israel. The clue is in his thread title.

Interpretum,

Just keeping on the watch:

1 Thessalonians 5:1-5
5 Now as for the times and the seasons, brothers, YOU need nothing to be written to YOU. 2 For YOU yourselves know quite well that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night. 3 Whenever it is that they are saying: “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them just as the pang of distress upon a pregnant woman; and they will by no means escape. 4 But YOU, brothers, YOU are not in darkness, so that that day should overtake YOU as it would thieves, 5 for YOU are all sons of light and sons of day. We belong neither to night nor to darkness.

I thought it was interesting that the Israeli Prime minister said the rationales for peace needed to be "unshakable" with no "illusions".

Wonder if he has read the scripture too?

In Christ

abe

the spiritual man examines all things

The Unforgivable Sin
05-21-2011 10:58 AM
ablebodiedman

COMankind Wrote:
From Wikipedia, listing recent attempts to make peace with Israel:

* 3.1 The Rogers peace plan and the Saddat initiative (1970-1972)
* 3.2 Madrid (1991-93)
* 3.3 Oslo (1993-)
* 3.4 1996-1999 agreements
o 3.4.1 Hebron agreement
o 3.4.2 Wye River Memorandum
* 3.5 Camp David 2000 Summit
* 3.6 Clinton's "Parameters" and the Taba talks
* 3.7 Beirut summit
* 3.8 The "Road Map" for peace
* 3.9 Israel-Hamas ceasefire of 2008
* 3.10 2010 direct talks

A never ending cycle.

COMankind,

Yep, with none of them acheiving peace.

The Israeli prime minister has every right to be sceptical.

In Christ

abe

the spiritual man examines all things

The Unforgivable Sin
05-21-2011 11:01 AM
Interpretum
This Space For Rent

Hi Abe

I just came across this magazine, which also mentions the "peace and safety" prophecy:

http://www.biblemagazine.com/magazine/vo...8i4mag.pdf
(PDF document)

It seems like it's published by a group of Bible Students. They have an interesting take on prophecy. I also found their view on Ezekiel 38 to be interesting, although I'm still not convinced that Ros is Russia.

Latest post: Daniel 9 And The Seventy (70) Weeks - How Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy was fulfilled.
05-21-2011 10:47 PM
Yannis
Pilgrim

AlienResident Wrote:
Israels crimes against the palestinians notwithstanding, we all know the main force driving Israel's policies towards its neighbours. Survival.

The day Israel's neighbours disarm themselves, there will be peace in the middle east. But the day Israel lay down its weapon, there will be no Israel.

AR

Exactly AR, but that will NEVER happen. Once Muslims conquer a land they will always consider it their land and will not stop trying to reclaim it back once they ever lose it.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
05-22-2011 12:43 AM
Totaldismay

the odd thing is,

if you look at a map of the lands surrounding israel, they seem to be fully muslim lands. Yet so many want isreal to make the concessions.

why can't one of the large "brother country's" give the palestinians some land they do not need to fight for.

just an observation.

05-22-2011 01:36 PM
Malkah
Ish Milchamah - Man of War

Group: Moderator

Totaldismay Wrote:
the odd thing is,

if you look at a map of the lands surrounding israel, they seem to be fully muslim lands. Yet so many want isreal to make the concessions.

why can't one of the large "brother country's" give the palestinians some land they do not need to fight for.

just an observation.

Because the real crux of the issue is not and never has been about land.

Adonai,
Ish Milchamah.
Adonai hu sh'mo.

Baruch HaShem, melech haOlam.

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”
-Mahatma Gandhi
05-22-2011 03:49 PM
AlienResident
Around, again!

Hi Yannis, Total Dismay and Malkah, how are you all doing?

I believe the nations in the middle east will one day be grateful to God that he brought the state of Israel in to existence. The very presence of Israel in Palestine serves as a buffer that restrains any friction between the neighbouring arab countries. Without Israel as a common enemy, the neighbouring countries would end up slaughtering each other. There is really no unity among Arabs. It is their animosity against Israel that is keeping them from fighting each other.

So, even as matters stand right now, Israel is a major player in regional peace.

I wouldn't wonder if all this is a divine arrangement.

Love to you,

AR

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.- MLK

05-22-2011 04:14 PM
Interpretum
This Space For Rent

"The word of the LORD came to me: Son of man, set your face toward Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him
and say, Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I am against you, O Gog, chief prince of Meshech and Tubal. And I will turn you about and put hooks into your jaws, and I will bring you out, and all your army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed in full armor, a great host, all of them with buckler and shield, wielding swords. Persia, Cush, and Put are with them, all of them with shield and helmet; Gomer and all his hordes; Beth-togarmah from the uttermost parts of the north with all his hordes--many peoples are with you.
Be ready and keep ready, you and all your hosts that are assembled about you, and be a guard for them. After many days you will be mustered. In the latter years you will go against the land that is restored from war, the land whose people were gathered from many peoples upon the mountains of Israel, which had been a continual waste. Its people were brought out from the peoples and now dwell securely, all of them.
You will advance, coming on like a storm. You will be like a cloud covering the land, you and all your hordes, and many peoples with you." (Ezekiel 38:1-9)

That's probably ONE of the reasons Israel won't be disarming any time soon.

05-22-2011 04:21 PM
Interpretum
This Space For Rent

Hi AR

AlienResident Wrote:
I believe the nations in the middle east will one day be grateful to God that he brought the state of Israel in to existence. The very presence of Israel in Palestine serves as a buffer that restrains any friction between the neighbouring arab countries. Without Israel as a common enemy, the neighbouring countries would end up slaughtering each other. There is really no unity among Arabs. It is their animosity against Israel that is keeping them from fighting each other.

So, even as matters stand right now, Israel is a major player in regional peace.

I wouldn't wonder if all this is a divine arrangement.

One day the region is going to be AMAZINGLY blessed. Even the Dead Sea, which is currently too salty to support life, will become fertile again!

“Then he led me back to the bank of the river. When I had returned, I noticed a vast number of trees on the banks of the river, on both sides. He said to me, “These waters go out toward the eastern region and flow down into the Arabah; when they enter the Dead Sea, where the sea is stagnant, the waters become fresh. Every living creature which swarms where the river flows will live; there will be many fish, for these waters flow there. It will become fresh and everything will live where the river flows. Fishermen will stand beside it; from Engedi to En-eglaim they will spread nets. They will catch many kinds of fish, like the fish of the Great Sea. But its swamps and its marshes will not become fresh; they will remain salty. On both sides of the river’s banks, every kind of tree will grow for food. Their leaves will not wither nor will their fruit fail, but they will bear fruit every month, because their water source flows from the sanctuary. Their fruit will be for food and their leaves for healing.” (Ezekiel 47:6-12)

I've highlighted Engedi on the map below. The Dead Sea resides in the Arabah region:

05-22-2011 04:26 PM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites