Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Pages (15): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Will Jesus be coming to earth again?
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Group: Moderator
Will Jesus be coming to earth again?

Good morning dear brothers and sisters ... :grouphug::happyheart:

Not sure if this has been discussed before ...

I have waited for quite some time before deciding to put this question up but decided to do so today for whatever reason ...

So ...

Do you think that our Savior will come to the earth again ...?

Any thoughts?

Luv as always and forever ... BR :sheepy: :bouncyhearts:

http://bruisedreednotbroke.blogspot.com
06-05-2011 10:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
isomam
In Spite of Many and Much

Group: Registered Plus
RE: Will Jesus be coming to earth again?

short answer: yes.

Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. Of these I am foremost.--1 Timothy 1:15.

Above all things, have INTENSE Love for one another.--1 Peter 4:8.

Sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts. ... Hold a good conscience.--1 Peter 3:15, 16.

TRUTH IS SIMPLE.
06-05-2011 12:20 PM
Find all posts by this user
ablebodiedman

br,

I think that Jesus Christ is now ruling amidst his enemies and no longer sitting at the right hand of God.

So he can come to the earth whenever he wants to.

Eventually however, a point in time will come where every eye will see him.

I believe we are at a crucial point in the history of the world and in Christianity. I believe Jesus Christ is intimately involved just as he was in the first century.

Similar things like what happened to the Apostle Paul and Ananias are likely happening all around the world.

Acts 9:3-6
3 Now as he was traveling he approached Damascus, when suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him, 4 and he fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him: “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?” 5 He said: “Who are you, Lord?” He said: “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. 6 Nevertheless, rise and enter into the city, and what you must do will be told you.”

Acts 9:10-11
10 There was in Damascus a certain disciple named An·a·ni´as, and the Lord said to him in a vision: “An·a·ni´as!” He said: “Here I am, Lord.” 11 The Lord said to him: “Rise, go to the street called Straight, and at the house of Judas look for a man named Saul, from Tarsus

So yes, I think Jesus Christ does now come to the earth.

That is where his enemies are and he is subduing "in the midst" of his enemies.

In Christ

abe

the spiritual man examines all things

Jehovah's Witnesses - The Bible Report
The Unforgivable Sin
06-05-2011 12:23 PM
Seraphim

Group: Registered

I think Jesus has been appearing all along to humans for two thousand years in partly physical/spiritual form. I also think he wont be coming in the flesh again. We will meet him in his form as opposed to him meeting us in ours. That in my view is the second coming.

06-05-2011 12:36 PM
AlienResident
Around, again!

Hi BR, how are you doing?

RE: Will Jesus be coming?

I would answer the question by asking you a question: Will Jesus fulfill his promise?

AR

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.- MLK

06-05-2011 01:05 PM
BruisedReed
Sheepette

I like short answers iso dear brother ... :D

It would seem to me that he will as well according to the scripture in Heb. 1:6 ...

(ASV) And when he again bringeth in the firstborn into the world he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

(BBE) And again, when he is sending his only Son into the world, he says, Let all the angels of God give him worship.

(EMTV) But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: "Let all the angels of God worship Him."

(NWT)6 But when he again brings his Firstborn into the inhabited earth, he says: “And let all God’s angels do obeisance to him.”

The two key words I took note of in this verse was ...

AGAIN
INTO (world/earth)

I decided to look up the Greek meaning:read: ... go figure huh ... ;) and here are the definitions ...

again ...

G3825 πάλιν
palin pal'-in

Probably from the same as G3823 (through the idea of oscillatory repetition); (adverbially) anew, that is, (of place) back, (of time) once more, or (conjugationally) furthermore or on the other hand: - again.

Then the meaning of the world/earth is ...

G3625 οἰκουμένη

oikoumenē oy-kou-men'-ay

Feminine participle present passive of G3611 (as noun, by implication of G1093); land, that is, the (terrene part of the) globe; specifically the Roman empire: - earth, world.

G3611 οἰκέω

oikeō oy-key'-o

From G3624; to occupy a house that is, reside (figuratively inhabit, remain, inhere); by implication to cohabit: - dwell. See also G3625.

G3624 οἶκος

oikos oy'-kos

Of uncertain affinity; a dwelling (more or less extensive, literally or figuratively); by implication a family (more or less related, literally or figuratively): - home, house (-hold), temple.

Sooooooooooooooooooo, now ... hmmm ...

It would seem from these meanings and the verse that our Lord will come again to the earth ... doesn't it?

06-05-2011 01:22 PM
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Hi br. AR ...:hibye: which promise are you referring to please?:giverose:

06-05-2011 01:22 PM
Seraphim

I would argue that Heb. 1:6 ... is not referring to any future coming but the one that already was. The word "again" in Greek I would argue is not used as referring to something else occurring again in the future, but its used for accumulative emphasis the same way someone says `I say again` blah blah blah....

Hence some translations do it this way noticing where the comma in placed:

(BBE) And again, when he is sending his only Son into the world, he says, Let all the angels of God give him worship.

(Darby) and again, when he brings in the firstborn into the habitable world, he says, And let all God's angels worship him.

(DRB) And again, when he bringeth in the first begotten into the world, he saith: And let all the angels of God adore him.

(ESV) And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says, "Let all God's angels worship him."

(GB) And againe, when he bringeth in his first begotten Sonne into the worlde, hee saith, And let all the Angels of God worship him.

(GNB) But when God was about to send his first-born Son into the world, he said, "All of God's angels must worship him."

(GW) When God was about to send his firstborn Son into the world, he said, "All of God's angels must worship him."

(ISV) And again, when he brings his firstborn into the world, he says, "Let all God's angels worship him."

(KJV) And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

The word again seems to be in reference to the previous verses and context of what God had already said about Jesus. In Hebrews 1:6 the event being spoken of is not a future event but when Christ was born and the angels sang his praises in the presence of the shepherds.

Luk 2:9 And look! An angel of the Lord stood over them, and [the] glory of the Lord shone around them, and they feared [with] a great fear.
Luk 2:10 And the angel said to them, "Stop being afraid! For listen! I bring to you* the Gospel of great joy, which will be to all people.
Luk 2:11 "Because a Savior was born to you* today in the city of David, who is Christ [the] Lord!
Luk 2:12 "And this [will be] the sign to you*: You* will find a Baby having been wrapped in long strips of cloth, lying in a feeding trough."
Luk 2:13 And suddenly [there] was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly army [or, host], praising God, and saying,
Luk 2:14 "Glory to God in [the] highest, and peace on earth, good will among people!"

Psa 97:7 All who serve carved images, those who boast in idols, will be put to shame. All the gods must worship Him.

06-05-2011 01:59 PM
NewTruth

Hi BR..

I think his return is as a human again with a real human birth, like before.. And at a point in the future his presence will be revealed to the world, by a sign in the heavens..
as Math. 24 says....

06-05-2011 02:11 PM
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Isn't it interesting seraphim how different bibles reword this verse?

I noted that as well hence my question ... in the hopes of clarification.

However which way we read this verse though I still think the likelihood of our Lord coming again is more than probable IMHO ... that he will 'reside' ... with ... us in some special and unique way that we do not have as of yet but that the future will unfold ...

Just because he is 'sitting' at the right hand of our heavenly Father doesn't mean he doesn't move about does it ... :wink:

When I looked up the Greek meaning I had to look up the word 'oscillatory repetition' ... as I wasn't quite sure what it meant ... hence the meaning for other who may not know it ...

I am hoping that our more 'scientific minded' brothers and sisters may make it a wee bit easier to understand in the context of this scripture perhaps?

What does oscillation mean?

Definition

An oscillation is defined as a periodic phenomenon or vibration around a point of equilibrium. There are two primary types of oscillations, but both follow the aforementioned definition. An oscillation is always periodic, meaning that it goes back and forth in some manner. However, this manner may not always be apparent. For instance, a compressional wave is technically an oscillation, but it is somewhat hard to observe its periodic motion unless one can either see it from the right angle or knows that for which to look. An easy way to check if something is an oscillation is to see if the phenomenon has an equilibrium point. In other words, when it is at rest, can be excited so that it has to oscillate in order to return to that point of equilibrium.

Another place I found this meaning ...

Oscillate means to move or travel back and forth between two points.

When I read this I couldn't help but think of 'Jacob's ladder' and the angels going up and down in a continuous way between heaven and earth ... and if the angels have the ability to do so ... it would seem to only make sense that our Lord would do so as well ... at least it seems so to me ... :blush:

Luv BR

06-05-2011 02:15 PM
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Hi NewTruth ... :hibye:

I am not so sure about him coming again to be born as a human ... :confused:

To me it seems the scriptures indicate that he will come as a KING IN POWER ... ready to do battle with his angels on his mighty white steed!!

A baby is powerless and depends upon a mother and father for everything and so it just doesn't seem to fit for me ...

He already knows what it is to be human ... and he has already given his one-time sacrifice for our sins ... so it just doesn't seem to make sense that he will go through the whole 'growing up' period again when it would seem to be unnecessary ...

That is of course just my opinion ... and said with deep respect for yours as well!

Luv to you sis ... BR :sheepette:

06-05-2011 02:21 PM
e-magine
Disciple of Newness

I say yes, in the same manner that he left Earth, he will return, Acts 1:11.
However, some could argue, that in 1 Thess. 4:17 it says we will meet the Lord "in the air" and thus always be with the Lord. some take this to mean in heaven. In the "air", could mean "in spirit". When Jesus left, he was a spirit creature that could manifest flesh and blood at will. He was the first of this new creation. New, because he was first of this type that was born of a woman in the flesh.
We will always be with him because we will always be like him, as he was when he left; Human beings with full spirit capabilities.

Henry Ward Beecher-1872 Preacher of Plymouth Church, Brooklyn, in his home later bought by C.H. Russell.
He is looking at the Brooklyn Bridge,,,, is it the way into, or, out of Brooklyn for you?
06-05-2011 03:00 PM
NewTruth

Hi BR.. I would say his presence would be here, yet unnoticed.. like a thief in the night.. yet he would really be here and making an impact. So how could he really be here.. and opening the 7 seals.. and killing with the spirit of his lips (we would have to be able to hear words come from his lips, right?.. if he wasn't really here physically? And how could he be unnoticed, unless he appeared to be an ordinary Joe... He would be on earth fighting a physical beast..

I don't think he would be a mighty king until the Kingdom was given to him again, in secret (in clouds, @ night).. as Dan. 7 points out...

13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,[a] coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

The second coming wouldn't be for the sacrifice of sins... but to usher in the Kingdom, destroy the beastly governments... and bring in the new heavens and earth.. It doesn't seem like he could do all that, without actually being here.. and more thoughts???

Heb. 9:28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

06-05-2011 06:16 PM
Seraphim

Appearances of Christ are often associated with near death experiences or life and death situations. Perhaps a second appearance of Christ is when we die and meet him in air, when we put off the earthly tabernacle as Paul puts it. Bringing salvation is always going to be in tandem with judgement, otherwise salvation from what becomes the question. So Christ comes not just for salvation but for judgement. So the bad person without faith is judged and the good person is saved. All this after death. Just a few thoughts.

06-05-2011 06:30 PM
COMankind

“From that time on Jesus began to preach, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near." – Matt 4:17

'For in just a very little while, “He who is coming will come and will not delay. " Heb 10:37

“But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. – Matt 12:28

And he said to them, "I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God come with power." Mar 9:1

“I tell you the truth, all this will come upon this generation” Matt 23:36

“I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.” Mar 13:30

“And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.” – Matt 24:14

• "This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant." - Col 1:23

"To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices. When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God." And from then on no one dared ask him any more questions." Mar 12:33,34

"Even the dust of your town that sticks to our feet we wipe off against you. Yet be sure of this: The kingdom of God is near.' – Luke 10:11

"Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you." Luke 17:20,21

"Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place." John18:36

"So when they met together, they asked him, "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?" He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." – Acts 1:6,7,8
  • They all expected it to happen right then and there. Everything they had been taught up to that point, including the Olivet discourse at Matt 24, pointed them apparently to that moment.
  • Ends of the “earth” – this is the greek term “ge” which is also translated as region, land, area, country, etc.

“Father, glorify your name!" Then a voice came from heaven, "I have glorified it, and will glorify it again. The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him. Jesus said, "This voice was for your benefit, not mine. Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out." John 12:28-31
  • "Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down." - Rev 12:10

philia, COMankind

"The tent of God is with mankind" - Rev 21:3

06-05-2011 09:55 PM
Pages (15): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites