Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Pages (15): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »
Will Jesus be coming to earth again?
Totaldismay

Group: Registered Plus
RE: Will Jesus be coming to earth again?

He said " I will not drink of the vine again until I drink it anew in the kingdom"

or something close to that. flesh and bone are the only known way to accomplish drinking.

06-06-2011 09:32 AM
Find all posts by this user
Seraphim

Group: Registered

Totaldismay Wrote:
He said " I will not drink of the vine again until I drink it anew in the kingdom"

or something close to that. flesh and bone are the only known way to accomplish drinking.

I think the custom of the bread and wine have a symbolic meaning, so it is conceivable that the meaning of Jesus eating again of bread and wine is better understood in that fashion. I cant remember the reference's but some cultures of Christ's time did have a bread and wine custom for when the man of the house left for a long journey. The bread and wine represented the blood and body of the man and the family consumed it as a symbolic way of being close even if separated by time and distance. Of course another alternative is that in heaven three dimensional food cannot be eaten but perhaps 12 dimensional food is consumed by spirits in their proper domain.

06-06-2011 10:01 AM
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Group: Moderator

It would appear that when angels materialize as humans that they can indeed eat and drink in these 'bodies' as they did with Abraham as is recorded in Gen. 18:2-8 ...

2 When he raised his eyes, then he looked and there three men were standing some distance from him. When he caught sight of them he began running to meet them from the entrance of the tent and proceeded to bow down to the earth. 3 Then he said: “Jehovah, if, now, I have found favor in your eyes, please do not pass by your servant. 4 Let a little water be taken, please, and YOU must have YOUR feet washed. Then recline under the tree. 5 And let me get a piece of bread, and refresh YOUR hearts. Following that, YOU can pass on, because that is why YOU have passed this way to YOUR servant.” At this they said: “All right. You may do just as you have spoken.”

6 So Abraham went hurrying to the tent to Sarah and said: “Hurry! Get three seah measures of fine flour, knead the dough and make round cakes.” 7 Next Abraham ran to the herd and proceeded to get a tender and good young bull and to give it to the attendant, and he went hurrying to get it ready. 8 He then took butter and milk and the young bull that he had got ready and set it before them. Then he himself kept standing by them under the tree as they were eating.

If New Jerusalem is to come DOWN or OUT OF heaven and the 'again brings his Firstborn into the inhabited earth' as it says in Heb. 1:6 then these ideas seem to be in harmony with one another don't they ...?

And just as the angels ate and drank with Abraham in materialized bodies, so to our Lord and King could surely do the same as he sees fit.

There is soooooooo much for us to know and learn isn't there!!:cheer::read: and not a lot of detail yet for us to know everything ...

I also got to thinking in light of Jesus' possible return to earth not just in a 'spirit body' way ... but perhaps using a 'physical body' as well ... that is is not wonder that he warned his servants to be 'alert' and 'on guard' so as to be be led astray by FALSE CHRISTS or that wicked man of lawlessness who will do 'wonders' ...

If we guard our mental powers and our hearts we will JUST KNOW who is REAL and who is NOT ... for just as our Lord REVEALED himself to his apostles after his death and resurrection (sometimes they DIDN'T recognize him did they only AFTER he gave them the 'eyes to see' so to speak) I believe and have deep hope that he will do the same with those of loyal heart and deep devotion!

Just some more thoughts ...

Luv BR :sheepy: :bouncyhearts:

http://bruisedreednotbroke.blogspot.com
06-06-2011 10:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
NewTruth

BR, Good points... we are all brainwashed into believing that Jesus would not return in a human body.. every religion except some weird cults believe this.

When I make my time charts of events in the end time.. he has to have @ least one 7 years presence.. maybe 2. And during his parousia, he accomplishes separating people.. How could he divide people, if they didn't hear his thoughts on anything.. ? IS. 11.. He slays with the spirit of his lips.. I think his ideas, and thoughts are what divide people.. and they flash like lightning from the east to the west.. In the 1st coming of Christ, in John 5, Jesus said it was the words he spoke that crossed one over from death to life, if they believed or not.. that the words came from God...

John 5: 24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life. 25 Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.

So Christ compared the time @ that time.. to another time coming as well.. when the ones sleeping will again hear his voice and awaken.

28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned. 30

The way the JW's teach.. that Jesus has been present for almost 100 and has said nothing that anyone can meditate on, is poppycock...

Any thoughts?

06-06-2011 02:28 PM
gogh
Participator

re: "..., is poppycock..."

If that's anything like hogwash...I totally agree.

(grin)

:coffeeread:

"......."This is my Son, whom I have chosen. Keep listening to him!" Luke 9:35
06-06-2011 02:35 PM
e-magine
Disciple of Newness

gogh Wrote:

(grin)

Can we lable it, Hemopoop?

Henry Ward Beecher-1872 Preacher of Plymouth Church, Brooklyn, in his home later bought by C.H. Russell.
He is looking at the Brooklyn Bridge,,,, is it the way into, or, out of Brooklyn for you?
06-06-2011 02:57 PM
isomam
In Spite of Many and Much

gogh Wrote:

(grin)

and then there is my personal favorite .......

bovine scatology.

Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. Of these I am foremost.--1 Timothy 1:15.

Above all things, have INTENSE Love for one another.--1 Peter 4:8.

Sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts. ... Hold a good conscience.--1 Peter 3:15, 16.

TRUTH IS SIMPLE.
06-06-2011 04:01 PM
COMankind

"Jesus has been present for almost 100 and has said nothing that anyone can meditate on, is poppycock... "

Well...regardless of where he is...he IS SOMEWHERE. 100 years, 2000 years, whatever it might be. Why would he or his Father quietly wait at all - period? Being silent for that entire period could be considered somewhat telling.

philia, COMankind

"The tent of God is with mankind" - Rev 21:3

06-06-2011 05:47 PM
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Hi COMankind ...

What did you mean by ...

Being silent for that entire period could be considered somewhat telling.

Just curious

Luv BR

http://bruisedreednotbroke.blogspot.com
06-06-2011 07:15 PM
ablebodiedman

COMankind Wrote:
"Jesus has been present for almost 100 and has said nothing that anyone can meditate on, is poppycock... "

Well...regardless of where he is...he IS SOMEWHERE. 100 years, 2000 years, whatever it might be. Why would he or his Father quietly wait at all - period? Being silent for that entire period could be considered somewhat telling.

COMankind,

In my personal opinion I think Jesus Christ has been intimately involved in the things presently happening on the earth for some time now.

Just because we don't see him doesn't mean we cannot hear him.

I am convinced the "man of lawlessness" has been revealed and is presently well on the way to being done away with.

Paul said this would be accomplished through Jesus Christ:

2 Thessalonians 2:8
Then, indeed, the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will do away with by the spirit of his mouth and bring to nothing by the manifestation of his presence

What is the "spirit of his mouth"?

I think it is simply the truth.

John 16:12-14
“I have many things yet to say to YOU, but YOU are not able to bear them at present. 13 However, when that one arrives, the spirit of the truth, he will guide YOU into all the truth, for he will not speak of his own impulse, but what things he hears he will speak, and he will declare to YOU the things coming. 14 That one will glorify me, because he will receive from what is mine and will declare it to YOU.

Yep, Jesus Christ is doing stuff!

In Christ

abe

the spiritual man examines all things

Jehovah's Witnesses - The Bible Report
The Unforgivable Sin
06-06-2011 08:23 PM
COMankind

BruisedReed Wrote:
Hi COMankind ...

What did you mean by ...

Being silent for that entire period could be considered somewhat telling.

Just curious

Luv BR

Hi BR,

Well...This can easily sound crass, and in no way is intended to be. :)

The Father and Son were quite active throughout the 4000 year history covered in the Bible. Now, add 50% of that period to get to our day. Only that 50% is now in relative silence - at least compared to what was documented in scripture. Jesus referred to the time they would wait as "a little while" and said "be on the watch"

I guess I'm saying that Jesus taught urgency to his apostles. He said things like "now" "near" and "I am coming" - these are words of action, not the words of an incredibly prolonged prophecy.

And most importantly: Yahweh gave the Israelites a prolonged prophecy of the Messiah and of the Promised Land. But he didn't drop the promise and leave them to their own devices. He spoke to them through Moses, prophets, and ultimately Christ.

Something tells me that their silence for 2000 years means that this life is running the way it's supposed to, and I have to adjust my expectations.

love, COM

philia, COMankind

"The tent of God is with mankind" - Rev 21:3

06-06-2011 09:12 PM
Seraphim

Group: Registered

An interesting post. It raises some interesting issues. I feel torn in a way between two views because I know the gifts of the spirit are still active for those who believe in them as is the voice of God and Jesus. Jesus was even present under the rubble of the world trade centre when it went down. Unfortunately the view that God is active for the last 2000 years is not so open to those who either deny the spirits current activity or those who think he is only active in causing disasters that kill indiscriminatingly. The reason its not so open to the latter category is due to the activity of God being only in the negative rather than positive as opposed to a mix in the 2000 years before the apostles.

I also think it is true that things are going the way they are supposed to but with qualifications to that. I don`t think the second coming is in this world, but in the next.

06-06-2011 10:10 PM
Beau Wetini
Me and my boy at the beach!

Seraphim Wrote:
I don`t think the second coming is in this world, but in the next.

Ok...now you have to explain yourself! :D

LIVE THE KINGDOM NOW!!

06-06-2011 11:22 PM
ablebodiedman

Seraphim Wrote:
An interesting post. It raises some interesting issues. I feel torn in a way between two views because I know the gifts of the spirit are still active for those who believe in them as is the voice of God and Jesus. Jesus was even present under the rubble of the world trade centre when it went down. Unfortunately the view that God is active for the last 2000 years is not so open to those who either deny the spirits current activity or those who think he is only active in causing disasters that kill indiscriminatingly. The reason its not so open to the latter category is due to the activity of God being only in the negative rather than positive as opposed to a mix in the 2000 years before the apostles.

I also think it is true that things are going the way they are supposed to but with qualifications to that. I don`t think the second coming is in this world, but in the next.

Seraphim,

I don't think Jesus Christ will kill people indiscriminatingly.

Of the 7 billion people on the planet how many really want Jesus Christ to be their king and prove it by trying very hard to obey him?

1 billion?

500 million?

100 million?

1 million?

10 thousand?

Even among people who do claim to be Christian I am having difficulty finding many who really do want to obey him. The very large majority are hypocrites.

Jesus Christ promised he would be very discriminating:

Luke 19:27
Moreover, these enemies of mine that did not want me to become king over them BRING here and slaughter them before me.

In Christ

abe

the spiritual man examines all things

Jehovah's Witnesses - The Bible Report
The Unforgivable Sin
06-06-2011 11:23 PM
gogh
Participator

John 14:1...

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in me.
There are many rooms in my Father's house. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going away to prepare a place for you?
And if I am going away to prepare a place for you, I will come again and will welcome you into my presence, so that you may be where I am.
You know where I am going, and you know the way."

:friends:

"......."This is my Son, whom I have chosen. Keep listening to him!" Luke 9:35
06-07-2011 01:42 AM
Pages (15): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites