Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Pages (15): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Next > Last »
Will Jesus be coming to earth again?
gogh
Participator

Group: Moderator
RE: Will Jesus be coming to earth again?

John 14:1...

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in me.
There are many rooms in my Father's house. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going away to prepare a place for you?
And if I am going away to prepare a place for you, I will come again and will welcome you into my presence, so that you may be where I am.
You know where I am going, and you know the way."

:friends:

"......."This is my Son, whom I have chosen. Keep listening to him!" Luke 9:35
06-07-2011 01:43 AM
Find all posts by this user
COMankind

Group: Registered Plus

Hi Seraphim & Abe

Seraphim Wrote:
An interesting post. It raises some interesting issues. I feel torn in a way between two views because I know the gifts of the spirit are still active for those who believe in them as is the voice of God and Jesus. Jesus was even present under the rubble of the world trade centre when it went down. Unfortunately the view that God is active for the last 2000 years is not so open to those who either deny the spirits current activity or those who think he is only active in causing disasters that kill indiscriminatingly. The reason its not so open to the latter category is due to the activity of God being only in the negative rather than positive as opposed to a mix in the 2000 years before the apostles.

Now, I basically agree with you. But for any of us to say "Jesus was present under the rubble.." is most certainly arbitrary, a statement of faith and not fact. There was no documentation or proof of his presence - as the Bible provides documentation of his presence in Jerusalem. Thus, not only must people have faith in the message of Jesus, but they also must have faith that he is actually there.

I have complete faith that he is there in his position on the throne, to keep balance in this world and relative peace, affording his sheep the opportunity to find him. That tears are wiped from our eyes in that each individual can now reach out to God directly for holy spirit...no more 'process' I also personally experienced something that proves this to me.

That all the "stuff" we want to see on this earth (one religion, Jesus here, etc etc.) are projections that we have placed on a hope. That this is exactly how the Israelites viewed the Messiah (there was a lot about the Messiah that they feel Jesus didn't fulfill, like restoring earthly Israel) which should serve as a lesson.

The logic of saying "if you don't see an active God, then you don't have the spirit" is what religion does. We should be very careful using logic like this to teach, it can be damaging. Apostles heard God speak, they saw miracles - Jesus knew they needed this to have faith. "Jesus said, “This voice was for your benefit, not mine. " - John 12:30

Gogh: Those are heartwarming words. And they were said to the apostles with them understanding the following: "So when they met together, they asked him, "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?" Acts 1:6

philia, COMankind

"The tent of God is with mankind" - Rev 21:3

06-07-2011 03:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
BethelBoy

Not only is Christ returning He is bringing many with Him!!!

Basic Christian belief is that Death always means separation. At death the Soul and Spirit are separated from the body and return to God.

Upon Christ's return He brings with Him the believers who have died and they are the first to receive their resurrection bodies first. Then those alive at His coming bodies are changed adding incorruption and immortality to them as stated in 1 Cor 15.

1 Thess 4 The Comfort of Christ’s Coming

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep ( this applies only to those who are "In Christ"), lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ ( New Bodies)will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up ( bodies changed by adding immortality and incorruption to them see 1 Cor 15:50-55 )together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

2 Corinthians 5
Assurance of the Resurrection
1 For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven, 3 if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked. 4 For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life. 5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
6 So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. 7 For we walk by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

BB:happyheart::heartbeat::happyheart:

http://www.uplook.org
http://www.voicesforchrist.org/order.html

Jesus sent him away, saying, 39 Return to your own house, and tell what great things God has done for you. And he went his way and proclaimed throughout the whole city what great things Jesus had done for him.

06-07-2011 09:42 AM
Seraphim

Group: Registered

Its not really arbitrary COMankind because it was documented in the film `World Trade Center ` with Nicolas Cage. The question is do we believe it? which is the same question one brings to the bible. When it comes to proof of miracles, that doesn't exist because a miracle cannot be demonstrated as possible according to predefined set of conditions. Even if witnessed it has to be accepted on faith as opposed to an understanding of how the world works.

I didn't say people who don`t see an active God don`t have the spirit because I believe they do have it. They simply don`t recognise it as such. Young Samuel demonstrates this phenomena because he heard God calling him three times, but each time he though it was Eli the high priest. His experience with God was not self illuminating and self evident. It needed an interpretative stance, given in Samuels case by Eli. There are however other "meetings" with the divine that are less open to interpretation for those who experience it. Such experiences include things like the transfiguration which had more than one witness. Such experiences still occur today but no one writes them down in a holy book. So I would conclude with `evidence without proof` and with faith based on the evidence, and witness testimony that Jesus is active in the world still and has been all along through the last 2000 years.

The process as you put it does exist, but its not to have holy spirit it is to recognise it within and without in the world. Such recognition when it occurs is occupied by an an extra boost in the spirits supernatural activity when one believes as a demonstration to that person who now has faith. Of course there are two biblical definitions of what it means to have holy spirit. One is supernatural and the other is not. They would take some explanation so I wont do so here.

There is though some truth to the idea that those who don`t recognise God have less spirit. There are people in this world who don`t believe in anything at all who interestingly have never seen a spirit, never heard the voice of God speaking to them, never prayed so as to have it answered, never experienced any supernatural thing at all. This is because they do not believe. Even those with the spirit are not saved. Christianity is an exclusive faith based on real facts on the ground. The spirit only does the calling. The one called then has to to their part and follow its course. That will lead them to faith in Jesus and that is that will save them. Many are called but few are chosen but the spirit that it in their lives keeps knocking gently until and if they listen. Those chosen ones wont ever die because when their body dies, they will live on. For the others they will get another chance but not before darkness overtakes them.

06-07-2011 09:44 AM
COMankind

Seraphim,

Well, I personally had an experience like the one you refer to in the WTC movie. Although not of that magnitude...it certainly does open ones eyes to the definition of a miracle or 'having Jesus in your life' as some may call it.

But the fact that there is a spiritual realm, with God, Jesus, angels, etc...and holy spirit working on people does not mean that a "coming" is preeminent. What you just described seems to me like spiritual 'business as usual' - i.e. the tent of God described in Revelation 21.

The "coming" or "return" as explained by Jesus was supposed to be in tandem with his initial appearance. Jews were looking for a savior to restore Jerusalem...as was prophesized. Why would Jesus come, claim the role, then disappear for 2000 years? New Jerusalem in heaven seems to be the answer, the thing that was an answer for the Jews. While the destruction of Jerusalem and Jesus' resurrection were the manifestation of what was happening spiritually on earth.

philia, COMankind

06-07-2011 10:35 AM
Seraphim

I would agree. This earth is going to die sooner or later. The sun with go out one day, it will not last forever but the kingdom will. So the kingdoms domain must be founded on that which will never pass away. I.E the human soul and heaven. So the second coming will be meeting Jesus in clouds when we die, assuming we have faith. The words of the angel when Christ was seen by that massive crowd ascending into heaven is a clue. Harmonises well with your reading of Revelation 21.

06-07-2011 10:46 AM
Beau Wetini
Me and my boy at the beach!

LOL, I had an incling about that, Brian, a while back - but was not able to put it so eloquantly.

Thanks! :D

LIVE THE KINGDOM NOW!!

06-07-2011 11:45 AM
Seraphim

Hey we agree on something. :) Its a view that beats being preoccupied with end time scenarios hands down.

06-07-2011 11:50 AM
Beau Wetini
Me and my boy at the beach!

Seraphim Wrote:
Hey we agree on something. :) Its a view that beats being preoccupied with end time scenarios hands down.

LOL, we agree with heaps of things, bro! Id say we agree with more than we disagree with.

And yes, being preoccupied with end times scenarios is ok to a point, but then it just becomes a tiresome repetition of what might not even come within our lifetimes -- and if the end of America e.g the West (UK, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand etc...) somehow signals the return of Jesus - im not so sure....empires have come and gone and something tells me, its going to be exactly the same as it has always been, although, with the exception that things will get better after a period of transition.

Id love to be wrong though.....id love for the end times, Jesus returning interpretation to be true - just because at least it means a quick end to it all - but if this universe is encoded as a life support system (something you wrote a while ago that came to me a while back, but didnt really write too much about), then perhaps it also has within it the code to direct man to stay within the boundaries of what God desires for us. Sort of like a grand teaching ground that will eventually see man finally wake up en-masse - or maybe not?

It seems that God has given man a fair amount of leeway towards making his own choices and living with the consequences -- and while it seems like there is nothing but Divine intervention that can change things - perhaps that Divine intervention has been coded into this physical reality already.

Do "we" learn? Or do "we" keep doing what we've been doing? And if we dont learn, at what point does the universe step in and give a more firm direction?

Christians are those who are supposed to have learnt. And one day, everyone will learn.

Or maybe not? ;)

LIVE THE KINGDOM NOW!!

06-07-2011 12:09 PM
e-magine
Disciple of Newness

Concerning this subset discussion of the Return, can we really say that just because 5oo people are said to have SEEN Jesus walk the Earth after he died, that that is proof?? It is still an act of faith to believe it on our part.
... If one person says he saw Jesus under the ruble of the falling towers, he believes it because he saw it. Does it take any less or more faith on our part to believe this eye witness? Can we discount it outright?
...A spiritual person believes by intuition, not by sight.
Most people believe that our Universe is reality, but that belief is really based on faith, faith that what we can see, taste touch smell must be real. Perhaps our Universe is is a projection from the mind of God, but would that make it less real?
...Reality is perception. One man sees Jesus in the clouds, another in the eyes of a child. Is he with us these 2000 years, or do we wait for his flesh and bones. Perhaps we can say that consensus determines reality.
The more people that believe something, the more true it is. Maybe! I don't think so...

Henry Ward Beecher-1872 Preacher of Plymouth Church, Brooklyn, in his home later bought by C.H. Russell.
He is looking at the Brooklyn Bridge,,,, is it the way into, or, out of Brooklyn for you?
06-07-2011 01:00 PM
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Hi my dear ones ...

Since starting this topic I have had some interesting thought processes and finding scriptures to help BUILD FAITH in the PROMISE of God Almighty and his Son our King!

My thoughts are so different from what I had thought and that is why I put it in this section ... not to disrupt faith ... but to ask questions and hopeful reason on scriptures that we are so so familiar with ... but that I am looking at with 'new' eyes as it were and hoping to let 'iron sharpen iron' and be of encouragement and a keeping on the watch mentality so as to NOT fall ASLEEP as so many of mankind are doing but to rather be a BOOST to our spiritual senses and a JOLTING to our heart's desire ... that of course being seeing God's will done in both heaven and earth ...

Some of the posts have kind of saddened me ... for to think that this is all there is for example ... that this is to be our 'reality' for the earth ... is to forget and underestimate God purpose and promise for our very being here in the first place IMHO of course ... and said with deep love ...

I have been rereading very familiar words in the gospel and so many others in the last couple of days that have me so excited as to what we will come to see on our very earth!!

For example a very familiar illustration in Luke 19:12 ...

12 Therefore he said: “A certain man of noble birth traveled to a distant land [u]to secure [/u]kingly power for himself and to return.

Then a wee bit further down in the chapter

Luke 19:15 ...

15 “Eventually when he got back after having secured the kingly power, he commanded to be called to him these slaves to whom he had given the silver money, in order to ascertain what they had gained by business activity.

"kingly power" Greek word is ...

G932 βασιλεία

basileia bas-il-i'-ah

From G935; properly royalty, that is, (abstractly) rule, or (concretely) a realm (literally or figuratively): - kingdom, + reign.

G935 βασιλεύς

basileus bas-il-yooce'

Probably from G939 (through the notion of [b]a foundation of power[/b]); a sovereign (abstractly, relatively or figuratively): - king.

So here we see a person in line to be a king of a realm ... Jesus and earth ... TRAVELLING far away ... heaven ... and then COMING BACK ...

For me having thought for years about the kingdom being IN heaven instead of ... OF HEAVEN ...

Matthew 5:10 ...

10 “Happy are those who have been persecuted for righteousness’ sake, since [b]the kingdom of the heavens[/b] belongs to them.

... has made me rethink so much of what I THOUGHT IF MAY HAVE KNOWN ... and yet maybe didn't really know at all ...

Yes, the SOURCE or the place where our Lord and King RECEIVED(s) his power AS a king CAME FROM the HEAVENS where his heavenly Father lives ... but the AREA where Jesus RULES AS KING is for a PARTICULAR PLACE ... the place being HERE ... on EARTH ... where MANKIND will be subjects of this 'heavenly kingdom' ...

Before I go any further ... am I making any sense whatsoever?

Luv as always ... and may our hope and faith burn bright as the sun that will ALWAYS BE ... for the SOURCE of that light is ETERNAL is it not?

http://bruisedreednotbroke.blogspot.com
06-07-2011 01:39 PM
ablebodiedman

BruisedReed Wrote:
So here we see a person in line to be a king of a realm ... Jesus and earth ... TRAVELLING far away ... heaven ... and then COMING BACK ...

For me having thought for years about the kingdom being IN heaven instead of ... OF HEAVEN ...

Matthew 5:10 ...

10 “Happy are those who have been persecuted for righteousness’ sake, since [b]the kingdom of the heavens[/b] belongs to them.

... has made me rethink so much of what I THOUGHT IF MAY HAVE KNOWN ... and yet maybe didn't really know at all ...

Yes, the SOURCE or the place where our Lord and King RECEIVED(s) his power AS a king CAME FROM the HEAVENS where his heavenly Father lives ... but the AREA where Jesus RULES AS KING is for a PARTICULAR PLACE ... the place being HERE ... on EARTH ... where MANKIND will be subjects of this 'heavenly kingdom' ...

Before I go any further ... am I making any sense whatsoever?

br,

Yep, makes sense to me.

Jesus Christs kingdom is already here.

His slaves (evil and faithful) are the ones in charge.

The Apostle Paul gave us the evidence we need to look for in regard to the condition of his kingdom immediately before he returns.

The Christian temple will have been profaned by a man of lawlessness.

When Jesus Christ returns he will not be happy with the condition of his kingdom!

You will not hear any Christian religions teaching this bible fact.

Why is that?

In Christ

abe

the spiritual man examines all things

Jehovah's Witnesses - The Bible Report
The Unforgivable Sin
06-07-2011 02:03 PM
COMankind

Beautiful thoughts BR.

And I don't like saying things that deflate a hope.

But on the other hand, and as you said graciously, we always need to refine what is fabricated vs. real. What's interesting is that reality can't be comprehended by physical man, so the harder we try, the more we try to paint a picture of something that doesn't have dimension or color.

Luke 17:20,21 - it's about the heart, and can't be seen. Very symbolic.

Please keep in mind BR, it is physical mans tendency to crave something we can touch and feel. This is why Jesus taught humans using parables, so they could focus on something physical while learning about something spiritual. And you could view the kingdom itself is a parable. A tool to teach us about where to look for leadership. New Jerusalem, with walls and a throne, is all obviously figurative.

The Messiah himself was a huge letdown for the Jews, many didn't follow him because of their heightened expectations. He taught them things that only a few people, who were drawn to spiritual and not physical answers, could comprehend.

Remember than even the apostles had a hard time comprehending the spiritual fulfillment. They thought it would happen to physical Israel, and that was after Jesus died.

This reality dose could be viewed as sad. And if it harms our love of God or neighbor, them shouldn't be considered.

philia, COMankind

06-07-2011 02:51 PM
Seraphim

What you say makes sense BruisedReed but I see another way to look at the word Kingly power. It relates to the word kingdom which means king and dominion. So wherever, however and whoever the kings will is done in and to, means that they are under the kings dominion. Where the will of God is done is the kingdom. That is where the kingdom is. Hence is does not come with signs.

Luk 17:20 Once Jesus was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come. He answered them, "The kingdom of God is not coming with a visible display.

Jesus secured kingdom power hence he was known as Kurios in Greek. In a sense he had it while a man on earth because he was going to get it after he ascended to heaven. Indeed Stephen saw Jesus at Gods right hand in the book of Acts, and it was Jesus he asked to receive his spirit not the Father as Jesus had done when on the cross.

Luk 6:46 "Why do you keep calling me 'Lord, Lord,' but don't do what I tell you?

In Greek Lord is:

G2962
κύριος
kurios
koo'-ree-os
From κῦρος kuros (supremacy); supreme in authority, that is, (as noun) controller; by implication Mr. (as a respectful title): - God, Lord, master, Sir.

When the the phrase `kingdom of heaven` is used it doesn't have the word "of" in Greek. Its just two words, `kingdom` and `heaven`. Or perhaps `King`, `realm` and `heaven`. bas-il-i'-ah and oo-ran-os'. The equivalent phrase is Kingdom of God of course without an "of" in Greek of course. Its just Kingdom and theos or God. The reason for the two phrases is believed to be due to audience sensibilities. `Kingdom of God` could offend prospective Jewish converts whereas `kingdom of heaven` would be OK.

Jesus did return of course when Rome was destroyed hence the imagery of dark clouds which was a Jewish idiom for judgement. We are well after that time so Paul's idea of meeting Jesus in the air after death might well be the second coming.

1Co 15:51 See, I am giving you the revelation of a secret: we will not all come to the sleep of death, but we will all be changed.
1Co 15:52 In a second, in the shutting of an eye, at the sound of the last horn: for at that sound the dead will come again, free for ever from the power of death, and we will be changed.
1Co 15:53 For this body which comes to destruction will be made free from the power of death, and the man who is under the power of death will put on eternal life.

1Th 4:15 For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who have died.
1Th 4:16 With a shout of command, with the archangel's call, and with the sound of God's trumpet, the Lord himself will come down from heaven, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
1Th 4:17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up in the clouds together with them to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

So I don`t think the Kingdom is of heaven ruling somewhere else, but God kingdoms domain, which is anywhere his will is done. That includes death in the flesh as part of his will. So our home is not this earth because we are alien residents here. Our home is the spiritual domain yet to be seen by us. Heaven for want of a better word.

06-07-2011 03:18 PM
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Hi there COMankind ...

Thank you for thoughts ... :giverose:

Indeed we most certainly do need to think in SPIRITUAL terms and not that of 'fleash' or 'eyes' ... for the spiritual man/woman is who will ultimately 'see' with eyes of faith and understanding and receive much wisdom and hope and faith and love when the 'fleshly' ones will only be filled with despair and discouragement and they see the mess the world is in under HUMAN leadership ...

Indeed to me the "KINGDOM" is SO MUCH MORE is it not that as witnesses we have had a rather 'narrow' vision of it ... that of a GOVERNMENT rather than perhaps a way of 'seeing' and 'living' as GODLY and PEACEABLE PEOPLE!

I decided to look up the meaning of 'Jerusalem' today in the hopes of deepening my understanding of Jesus' rule and was quite struck with the meaning of it ...

place of peace
city of peace
dwelling of peace
founded in peace
sacred peace
place of safety
teaching of peace

I also found this thought very insightful as well ...

There are seventy different Jewish names for Jerusalem. In the Talmud, it is given that Jerusalem was named by the creator of this Universe. This name 'Jerusalem' has two parts: Yira and shalem. The first part Yira means 'to see' and the second word 'shalem' means 'peace'.

As Jeus is to be known as the PRINCE OF PEACE ... it surely fits that when NEW JERUSALEM is founded the definition of the word 'Jerusalem' itself so fits with this title doesn't!! :ok:

Indeed as humans we tend to think in 'physical' terms ... and indeed we also seem to crave that that our senses were made for ... too see, hear, feel, touch and smell ...

IMHO we can also do the same things in a SPIRITUAL way as well ...

For when we think of God's Kingdom ruled by his Son we can 'SEE' with our spiritual eyes the changes this will bring about can we not ...? We can 'HEAR' the speech of peaceable ones and the loving words that will eventually be spoken by all ... we will 'FEEL' deep and abiding love that will be flowing from heaven down to us here on earth and spreading over its entirety in a blanket of peace and security like nothing we have ever felt before ... we will be able to 'TOUCH' one another physically and spiritually as our senses come fully alive to see beneathe the surface and peer into the deep thing of God that will bring about an enlightenment that our imperfect selfs cannot as of yet fully grasp and only have snippets of now that tantalize and make us yearn for those deeper meatier things ... and how we will 'SMELL' the cleanness of our renewed abode with all the foulness of spiritual and literal pollution gone once and for all time!!

Yes the 'kingdom' can and will be IN us for it is the MEANING of the kingdom and what it will bring and our OBEDIENCE to its standards and intent that wil FILL US ... RETEACH US ... in a pure way that wil bring about that change to a pure language and a tongue that speaks only truth and a body that shed out rays of light from a pure heart!

Indeed our Lord spoke in parables so that we might not be restricted in how we would 'see with our heart and eyes of faith' IMHO ... that at different times in our lives when we would need a particular aspect of the bigger picture we would be able to 'see' it and 'feel' it and the hope and faith we could draw from meditating on it.

I so look forward to the time when 'full knowledge' will abound ... but not just the 'knowing' of the knowledge ... but actually EXPERIENCING what the knowledge will bring about!

Whereever New Jerusalem may alight on our earth doesn't really matter to me ... for whereever it will be will be just perfect and ALL will have access to our King unlike human kings today ...

This kingdom should instill a DEEP AND ABIDING LOVE IN US NOW ... one that causes us to embrace others and tear walls of hate and prejudice and superstition and whatever ... which will only deepen and truly become a reality when the kingdom is in full action!

Sorry for the ramble ... my fingers just got away from me ...:redface:

Luv to you ... BR :sheepy::bouncyhearts:

http://bruisedreednotbroke.blogspot.com
06-07-2011 03:33 PM
Pages (15): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Next > Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites