Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Homeowner Forecloses on Bank -- Hooray!
Resolute
politicus incorrectissimus in extremis

Group: Moderator
Homeowner Forecloses on Bank -- Hooray!

Quote:
Collier County, Florida -- Have you heard the one about a homeowner foreclosing on a bank?

Well, it has happened in Florida and involves a North Carolina based bank.

Instead of Bank of America foreclosing on some Florida homeowner, the homeowners had sheriff's deputies foreclose on the bank.

It started five months ago when Bank of America filed foreclosure papers on the home of a couple, who didn't owe a dime on their home.

The couple said they paid cash for the house.

The case went to court and the homeowners were able to prove they didn't owe Bank of America anything on the house. In fact, it was proven that the couple never even had a mortgage bill to pay.

A Collier County Judge agreed and after the hearing, Bank of America was ordered, by the court to pay the legal fees of the homeowners', Maurenn Nyergers and her husband.

The Judge said the bank wrongfully tried to foreclose on the Nyergers' house.

So, how did it end with bank being foreclosed on? After more than 5 months of the judge's ruling, the bank still hadn't paid the legal fees, and the homeowner's attorney did exactly what the bank tried to do to the homeowners. He seized the bank's assets.

"They've ignored our calls, ignored our letters, legally this is the next step to get my clients compensated, " attorney Todd Allen told CBS.

Sheriff's deputies, movers, and the Nyergers' attorney went to the bank and foreclosed on it. The attorney gave instructions to to remove desks, computers, copiers, filing cabinets and any cash in the teller's drawers.

After about an hour of being locked out of the bank, the bank manager handed the attorney a check for the legal fees.

"As a foreclosure defense attorney this is sweet justice" says Allen.

Allen says this is something that he sees often in court, banks making errors because they didn't investigate the foreclosure and it becomes a lengthy and expensive battle for the homeowner.

CBS News

.....sweet justice indeed.....

rez

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one… – Edmund Burke
06-07-2011 10:10 AM
Find all posts by this user
Beau Wetini
Me and my boy at the beach!

Group: Registered Plus
RE: Homeowner Forecloses on Bank -- Hooray!

Bankers are idiots.

LIVE THE KINGDOM NOW!!

06-07-2011 11:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Willa
Peace, baby!

Group: Moderator

That is sweet!

Well, if bankers are such idiots(well-fed, well-bred idiots, lol) - how did they get the government to loan them money to get out of their tight spot? I read somewhere, and it may be an exageration - but if the gov. had used that money towards the individual mortages owed, they'd be paid in full - for the entire country! The banks would've still gotten their money back too. I dunno, it sounds exagerated to me - but still it sounds like a good plan to've worked on, lol. This country is hog-tied with legalism, truly. It's no longer - if it ever really was - a government for the people, of the people and by the people. We 'people' don't get to say squat about anything at all that's important. Only, it seems, by appeal... and there again you're hog-tied by the legal system and $. Lose, lose.

The only way out is death, unfortunately. Till then - you know - we do what we must and try to be happy! :happyheart:

:))

:heartbeat: You are my friends! I don't think it just by chance, but by God's Grand Design, that He has guided both our steps... to let your paths cross mine. :heartbeat:
06-07-2011 05:21 PM
Find all posts by this user
Melancholymuse
Christian

Bankers aren't idiots --- but apparently they are willing to look like idiots in an attempt to pilfer money that doesn't belong to them. Ugh.

About ten years ago Fairbanks financial tried to roust my parents' home from them by claiming they defaulted on the mortgage. My dad, who is a meticulous records-keeper, quickly provided proof that he and mom had been faithfully sending in the monthly payments on time for a number of years. Fairbanks refused to budge, and threatened foreclosure. Dad and mom didn't take the bait -- they immediately consulted a lawyer who found a legal loophole that allowed my parents to abandon the property without any liability or repercussions. Hubby and I helped them find a near-perfect apartment and helped them move in.

Fairbanks in the meantime saw that, instead of strong-arming extra money from my parents, they actually lost money because the remaining mortgage was legally annulled in this process (due to the loophole). Suddenly this bank was soooo sympathetic and trying to work a deal out with my parents to stop the foreclosure.

My parents answer: "You wanted the house so badly, now you can have it. Good bye."

Hehehehe! Greed can bite you in the butt!

Zeal for your house will consume me -- John 2:17 (HCSB)
06-08-2011 04:14 AM
Beau Wetini
Me and my boy at the beach!

Ok - hows about, Bankers are ruthless mongrels!

LIVE THE KINGDOM NOW!!

06-08-2011 04:44 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites