Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Egypt and Pi
Beau Wetini
Me and my boy at the beach!

Group: Registered Plus
RE: Egypt and Pi

LOL.....Egypt isn't mentioned favorably in the Bible. So, in my pea brain, that means Egyptian knowledge generally wasn't "good", or came from a good source.

Satan is the ruler of the world, and that was one of his kingdoms.

Does Satan or do demons impart knowledge of "how" to do things?

Take a look around at the level of manipulation (witchcraft) that is currently being employed in this kosmos as it stands.

I personally don't see the Egyptians time as any different.

LIVE THE KINGDOM NOW!!

06-28-2011 08:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Seraphim

Group: Registered

OK that potentially answers one objection but not the others.

06-28-2011 08:50 AM
Find all posts by this user
Beau Wetini

Jesus didnt give simple scientific knowledge?

He said to "let go", to not worry about tomorrow and to forgive.

Scientific analysis has shown there is a link between the mind and the body, or the mind body connection. Different negative emotions if not processed properly, or sustained over long periods of time can cause different parts of these body to act out of sync, causing diseases and ailments.

Of course, a good diet and good exercise helps too.....but Jesus was imparting something so simple but totally profound in its effects.

There are others, but I'm on my phone....can't type much!

LIVE THE KINGDOM NOW!!

06-28-2011 08:50 AM
Derek

Seraphim Wrote:
So are you saying that spirits communicated Pi to the Egyptians Beau?

Iso why be embarrassed for me?

Hi Brian,
I think I agree with Iso, this whole thing is based on a.v.s.p.= A very silly premise! :)

I wrote earlier:
The Egyptians were into geometry in a big way and were just as brainy as modern man. I do not think it is a big deal they worked out these ratios.

We go in faith, our own great weakness feeling,
And needing more each day Thy grace to know:
Yet from our hearts a song of triumph pealing,
“We rest on Thee, and in Thy Name we go.”
06-28-2011 09:25 AM
Seraphim

Of course its true that some of what he taught helps to give a longer life but then other aspects his teachings would have the opposite affect. However subsidiary affects are hardly on all fours with mathematical formulas and scientific knowledge like penicillin. I'm not critiquing Jesus, im making the point that such things do not have any track record of ever having been given via spirits. So there for another explanation is infinitely more likely.

06-28-2011 09:26 AM
Beau Wetini

Seraphim Wrote:
Of course its true that some of what he taught helps to give a longer life but then other aspects his teachings would have the opposite affect. However subsidiary affects are hardly on all fours with mathematical formulas and scientific knowledge like penicillin. I'm not critiquing Jesus, im making the point that such things do not have any track record of ever having been given via spirits. So there for another explanation is infinitely more likely.

The knowledge to run this kosmos is mathematical and scientific. It is also based on Manipulation (Witchcraft).

And who gave that knowledge to those who run this kosmos?

LIVE THE KINGDOM NOW!!

06-28-2011 09:33 AM
Seraphim

Derek Wrote:

Seraphim Wrote:
So are you saying that spirits communicated Pi to the Egyptians Beau?

Iso why be embarrassed for me?

Hi Brian,
I think I agree with Iso, this whole thing is based on a.v.s.p.= A very silly premise! :)

I wrote earlier:
The Egyptians were into geometry in a big way and were just as brainy as modern man. I do not think it is a big deal they worked out these ratios.

How do you know they worked out Pi and that all their building were also therefore built as functions of it intentionally? For what purpose would they do that? I'm not debating the braininess of the Egyptians, I know they developed geometry but knowledge is built upon prevision knowledge in all cases, not some spirit giving some a helping hand over others in some semi arbitrary way.

06-28-2011 09:36 AM
Seraphim

Beau Wetini Wrote:

Seraphim Wrote:

The knowledge to run this kosmos is mathematical and scientific. It is also based on Manipulation (Witchcraft).

And who gave that knowledge to those who run this kosmos?

Do you really think that is the best explanation for why their building were factors of Pi?

06-28-2011 09:37 AM
Derek

Hi Brian,
Perhaps we are around rather late to understand the mind of the ancient Egyptians. All we can do is speculate.

I can't see any subtle significance of them using factors related to a circle. The circle was just very important to them.

We go in faith, our own great weakness feeling,
And needing more each day Thy grace to know:
Yet from our hearts a song of triumph pealing,
“We rest on Thee, and in Thy Name we go.”
06-28-2011 10:49 AM
Interpretum
This Space For Rent

Seraphim Wrote:
Going by Occam's razor I think there must be a more rational and sensible reason/explanation as to why Egyptians artefacts are all a factor of Pi despite them not apparently knowing about the mathematical formulae.

I think there IS a simple explanation.

The Bible teaches us that Adam was created in God's image, and lived for nearly 1,000 years. Noah lived 600 years prior to the Flood, and then over 300 years afterwards. Most of the first ten patriarchs lived lives of hundreds of years.

With those kinds of lifespans, knowledge would be easy to accumulate. I think the evidence points to the ancient world being a lot less "primitive" than the evolutionary narrative of history makes out.

I think the ancient world had a pretty decent body of knowledge, i.e. an understanding of Pi... but this was lost to subsequent generations, as lifespans fell. Even the early patriarchs after the Flood lived over 100 years.. yet by the time of the Romans, the average lifespan was, what... 30... 40?

According to secular chronology, the Great Pyramid was built around 2600BC. That would make it pre-Flood. But even if they're wrong, and it was post-Flood, there was still an accumulated knowledge available to those builders, which I think was lost to subsequent generations.

Just think of the knowledge Noah would have had. He wasn't daft. He built a pretty big Ark (to protect against a local flood... lol), which would probably be beyond the capability of most of us. Non-Biblical records (such as the book of Jasher) teach that Noah was also a KING... and Josephus says that his sons acquired a deep knowledge of the stars, which they preserved on two large monuments that would survive the world's destructions by fire and water.

These patriarchs were also BUILDERS. Unfortunately, the Bible doesn't really capture that aspect of them, with the exception of Noah.

Think what knowledge Noah accumulated in the 600 years of his life before the Flood, and the 300+ years after.

My Blog: The Prophetic Word

Latest post: Daniel 9 And The Seventy (70) Weeks - How Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy was fulfilled.
06-28-2011 07:14 PM
Seraphim

After some research I found the real explanation that passes Occam's razor with flying colours. Derek's comments were closest to the facts of the matter.

It turns out that its known from inscriptions ect that the ancient Egyptians measured distances using a wheel type device like a surveyor's wheel used today. Its a very primitive yet affective method to accurately measure distances. It means that anything built using such a method will always produce buildings that are a factor of Pi because the wheel is a circle. So without them knowing anything about Pi they produced buildings all with factors of Pi. This explanation doesn't over complicate with overblown hypothesis and has the added virtue of being backed up by actual evidence. No UFOs included.

06-29-2011 05:46 PM
Beau Wetini

I like the spirit creatures one the best.

Sounds more like a Sci-fi! ;)

LIVE THE KINGDOM NOW!!

06-29-2011 07:34 PM
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites