Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Pages (15): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »
Babylon the Great -- recent thoughts
ablebodiedman

Group: Registered Plus
RE: Babylon the Great -- recent thoughts

man hu Wrote:
Starting from when did the kings of the earth become the saints?

man hu,

Established in the first few verses of the Book of Revelation and most definitely reinforced in Revelation Chapter 5.

Established by the context of pretty much everything else in the New Testament:

Matthew 19:28
Jesus said to them: “Truly I say to YOU, In the re-creation, when the Son of man sits down upon his glorious throne, YOU who have followed me will also yourselves sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Luke 22:28-30
28 “However, YOU are the ones that have stuck with me in my trials; 29 and I make a covenant with YOU, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom, 30 that YOU may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones to judge the twelve tribes of Israel.

1 Corinthians 6:1-3
2 Or do YOU not know that the holy ones (aka saints) will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by YOU, are YOU unfit to try very trivial matters? 3 Do YOU not know that we shall judge angels?

1 Corinthians 4:8
YOU men already have YOUR fill, do YOU? YOU are rich already, are YOU? YOU have begun ruling as kings without us, have YOU? And I wish indeed that YOU had begun ruling as kings, that we also might rule with YOU as kings

The Apostles and other anointed saints in the 1st Century seemed very aware that they would be kings over the earth.

The Apostle John certainly established that he and "us" (his audience) were to be kings of the earth at the very start of the Book of Revelation.

Revelation 1:1
A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves

Since when did you not understand that the saints would be kings ruling the earth?

In Christ

abe

the spiritual man examines all things

Jehovah's Witnesses - The Bible Report
The Unforgivable Sin
07-01-2011 05:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Beau Wetini
Me and my boy at the beach!

Hi bro Teshome - hows it going?

One thing is, from my standpoint, Babylon isn't a future thing - its an ever present reality that has existed since the first human pair chose to eat from the tree of knowledge.

It is the summation of the collective "will" that exists in enmity with Gods Will and is manifest through hierarchies of reality e.g darkness, the flesh, the beast, the harlot etc. At any given time the collective "will" has focal points - some more prominent than others - these are "the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth" - with the kings of the earth being those who live in accord with the flesh.

Not a perfect view, but I like it! ;)

LIVE THE KINGDOM NOW!!

07-01-2011 05:13 PM
Seraphim

Group: Registered

It does have the virtue of being relevant to all Christians for the last two thousand years, as opposed to one specific generation with the rest not getting a thing out it in any practical way for day to day living in emulating Christ.

07-01-2011 05:26 PM
Find all posts by this user
man hu
Babe and any other piggy names

Group: Moderator

ablebodiedman Wrote:
Since when did you not understand that the saints would be kings ruling the earth?

Ah so you accept this is future.
How far future? I assume you don't think the current kings of the earth are saints. So when does this swap over suddenly take place?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1sj2gQJIKI
07-01-2011 05:57 PM
ablebodiedman

man hu Wrote:

ablebodiedman Wrote:

Ah so you accept this is future.
How far future? I assume you don't think the current kings of the earth are saints. So when does this swap over suddenly take place?

man hu,

I think the current saints are kings of the earth.

When and if they start ruling depends on whether they received the mark of the beast or not and when the events described near the end of the Book of Revelation take place.

Revelation 20:4-6
4 And I saw thrones, and there were those who sat down on them, and power of judging was given them. Yes, I saw the souls of those executed with the ax for the witness they bore to Jesus and for speaking about God, and those who had worshiped neither the wild beast nor its image and who had not received the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand. And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ for a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6 Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority, but they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and will rule as kings with him for the thousand years.

Their success depends a great deal on understanding that when it says "kings of the earth" in the Book of Revelation, it means them!

The saints!

In Christ

abe

the spiritual man examines all things

Jehovah's Witnesses - The Bible Report
The Unforgivable Sin
07-01-2011 06:08 PM
Jan Kosonen

Resolute Wrote:
we're getting close to that time when we'll be called upon to "get out of her" or else.....

I don’t know how many times I’ve thought and rethought about Babylon the Great -- what it is and how we might define it. The fact that she’s called a mystery suggests that it may be difficult to understand who and what “she” is until God’s time to completely reveal this information to his people. This is also borne out by the fact that God’s people will be found in her and will have to be told to “get out of her” before he brings about her downfall.

That is why Revelation speaks of Babylon the Great as being the mother of the harlots and the disgusting things of the earth.

So far I’ve concluded that Babylon the Great is not any single organization but rather the whole machinery that manipulates the opposition to the new covenant. Whatever “it” is, it controls the world’s religions, finances, commerce and politics. Many of God’s people are presently caught in this machine.

blood-thirsty and blood-guilty entity that is completely at odds with Yahweh, his Christ and his people. The next task would be to pray for deliverance as in the Lord’s model prayer.

“Deliver (or rescue) us from the wicked one.”

The forgoing is a start. Discussion is welcomed.

love to all,:grouphug:
rez

Hi Resolute, I appreciated your post, me to, I have been seeking to find out what Babylon the Great is. The thoughts above I appreciated especially much and agree with them.

So then it is to find the answer to the description of Babylon the Great, for example in Revelation 17:18 it says: And the woman whom you saw means the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth.”

Nowdays many chanels of alternative media are obsessed to expose who realy runs the world from behind the scens. First of all they point to megacorporations who buy off elected representatives of the people in the congress and senate. And they dictate to governments and presidents and prime ministers what to do. So I suggest you to find out more information and facts about this and you'll be able to find out where the great city Babylon the Great is located and who are those people composing it.
An evangelical pastor Lindsey Williams has been in contact with these people. He went as a missionary to the workers for oilcompanies in Alaska about 40 years ago and the oilcompanie's bosses where happy to have him there 3 years and he helped them to solve difficulties between the personel etc. He was so appreciated that the big bosses of the oilcompanies even let him sometimes sit and listen to when they had meetings with bankers and government officials. And he became a good friend with some of these CEOs and still have regular contact with them. And Lindsey says that these CEOs dictate governments what to do. So if this can be true, there you have Babylon the Great. Lindsey especially mentions Wall Street where the decisions are made. So if this is true, then there you have the great city, it is New York. And in that case really God's peolpe should leave New York because it is Babylon the Great. There are the headquarters of Jehovah's witnesses and a high percentage of jews living there. I just wonder how many of them will leave before it is to late. I've written to the society and warned them. But they continue to insist that Babylon the Great is the world power of all false religions, as they do in this years district assemblies.
But I am not yet completely sure if Babylon the Great is only New York or if it includes USA.
Good souces of information are on youtube, you can type Lindsey Williams, or just Babylon the Great and you will get information. But on Babylon the Great there are different explanations, but quite many connect it with USA.

07-02-2011 08:20 AM
ThinkingMan
Freeman in the Christ

gogh Wrote:
Revelation 17:18..."And the woman whom you saw means the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth.”

:coffeeread:

Hi gogh.

Revelation 17:18 seems to be a very good clue (the relationship between Babylon the Great and the kings of the earth).

You can start with a Start Page web search for the following words.

"Barack Obama" "Bilderberg"
"Libya" "Muammar Gaddafi"
"Greece" "bailout money"
"Iceland" "IMF"
"New World Order"
"Eugenics" "Bisphenol A" or "BPA" "soft kill weapons"

And for some of the alternative media broadcasts have a look at Alex Jones

Is the Bilderberg Group Babylon the Great? Do your own research.
See if there are enough commonalities between Babylon the Great and the Bilderberg Group.

Have a look at this too Abe.

What happens to "common sense" when it becomes less common?
07-02-2011 08:56 AM
man hu
Babe and any other piggy names

ThinkingMan Wrote:
Hi gogh.

Revelation 17:18 seems to be a very good clue (the relationship between Babylon the Great and the kings of the earth).

You can start with a Start Page web search for the following words.

"Barack Obama" "Bilderberg"
"Libya" "Muammar Gaddafi"
"Greece" "bailout money"
"Iceland" "IMF"
"New World Order"
"Eugenics" "Bisphenol A" or "BPA" "soft kill weapons"

And for some of the alternative media broadcasts have a look at Alex Jones

Is the Bilderberg Group Babylon the Great? Do your own research.
See if there are enough commonalities between Babylon the Great and the Bilderberg Group.

Have a look at this too Abe.

you can add to that the removal of the top Polish officials, the opposition and bankers by murder, thus changing the whole government.
Onr of the problems was they didn't want to devalue the Zloty, as they were told to by they Euro Bankers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1sj2gQJIKI
07-02-2011 09:40 AM
Resolute
politicus incorrectissimus in extremis

Jan Kosonen Wrote:
Hi Resolute, I appreciated your post, me to, I have been seeking to find out what Babylon the Great is. The thoughts above I appreciated especially much and agree with them.

So then it is to find the answer to the description of Babylon the Great, for example in Revelation 17:18 it says: And the woman whom you saw means the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth.”

Nowdays many chanels of alternative media are obsessed to expose who realy runs the world from behind the scens. First of all they point to megacorporations who buy off elected representatives of the people in the congress and senate. And they dictate to governments and presidents and prime ministers what to do. So I suggest you to find out more information and facts about this and you'll be able to find out where the great city Babylon the Great is located and who are those people composing it.
An evangelical pastor Lindsey Williams has been in contact with these people. He went as a missionary to the workers for oilcompanies in Alaska about 40 years ago and the oilcompanie's bosses where happy to have him there 3 years and he helped them to solve difficulties between the personel etc. He was so appreciated that the big bosses of the oilcompanies even let him sometimes sit and listen to when they had meetings with bankers and government officials. And he became a good friend with some of these CEOs and still have regular contact with them. And Lindsey says that these CEOs dictate governments what to do. So if this can be true, there you have Babylon the Great. Lindsey especially mentions Wall Street where the decisions are made. So if this is true, then there you have the great city, it is New York. And in that case really God's peolpe should leave New York because it is Babylon the Great. There are the headquarters of Jehovah's witnesses and a high percentage of jews living there. I just wonder how many of them will leave before it is to late. I've written to the society and warned them. But they continue to insist that Babylon the Great is the world power of all false religions, as they do in this years district assemblies.
But I am not yet completely sure if Babylon the Great is only New York or if it includes USA.
Good souces of information are on youtube, you can type Lindsey Williams, or just Babylon the Great and you will get information. But on Babylon the Great there are different explanations, but quite many connect it with USA.

Hey Jan, how are you doing?

Yes, I've listened to pastor Lindsey Williams being interviewed by Alex Jones on a number of occasions. Mainstream media will never get anywhere close to what is really happening to this world. It's just a joke. For instance, nothing on the CBC last night reported on the million people in Tripoli (Libya) who were demonstrating in favor of Gadhafi. If anyone cares to see what is actually taking place in Libya as of yesterday, have a look at the live-feed broadcast.

Journalist and author Webster Tarpley, who is currently on a fact-finding mission to Libya, is the voice narrating the scene. It's part 3/9 of Alex Jones' Friday broadcast....so it's kind of in the middle.

As for the mystery that is Babylon the Great, our Lord Jesus said in Matthew 10:24-31

"“A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a slave above his lord. It is enough for the disciple to become as his teacher, and the slave as his lord. If people have called the householder Be·el′ze·bub, how much more [will they call] those of his household so? Therefore do not fear them; for there is nothing covered over that will not become uncovered, and secret that will not become known. What I tell YOU in the darkness, say in the light; and what YOU hear whispered, preach from the housetops. And do not become fearful of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; but rather be in fear of him that can destroy both soul and body in Ge·hen′na. Do not two sparrows sell for a coin of small value? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground without YOUR Father’s [knowledge]. But the very hairs of YOUR head are all numbered. Therefore have no fear: YOU are worth more than many sparrows.""

Just a little note on the word "city" so that we aren't in danger of naming an actual physical city such as London, New York of the Vatican, have a look at the Strongs definition:

Quote:
_____Strongs_____

G4172 polis pol'-is

probably from the same as G4171, or perhaps from G4183;

a town (properly, with walls, of greater or less size):--city.

I could quite easily see this as: an organized entity with definable boundaries (walls).

A tale of two cities --

New Jerusalem = a city from God
Babylon the Great = a city from Satan

The rulers of Babylon the Great operate like the mafia. There are many protective layers between the "grunts" and the "generals" so that the real movers and shakers are hidden from view....thus....a mystery!

I can almost guarantee that we won't hear anything of value from mainstream media.

GO! alternative news! Hurrah for the internet -- while we still have it.

More later,

rez

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one… – Edmund Burke
07-02-2011 02:25 PM
Jan Kosonen

Hi, I just been looking a 1,5 hour youtube video, a interview of Aaron Russo, a succesful business man and filmmaker. He tells how Nick Rockefeller tried to recruit him to futher the elites agenda of world enslavement. And Alex Jones asked him who owns the Federal Reserve in Washington, and Aaron tells that it is owned by the private bank called Federal Reserve Bank of New York. So there you have it again, all the evil comes from New York, the great city Babylon the Great.
Aaron Russo's websit is http://www.freedomtofascism.com

07-02-2011 02:33 PM
NewTruth

Quote:

Jan Kosonen:

I really agree with you. The United States or New York City IMO, is Babylon.. She is also, anti-typical Jerusalem and that is why she is a woman.. She is the woman of God, gone apostate... And she spreads her fornication throughout the earth by means of the World Trade Center and Wall Street.. I wonder if the World Trade Center will finish being rebuilt? I will wager not. The USA is the center of the Christian world and on a beautiful land that God has previously blessed, but we are going down because of our arrogance. And it will be replaced with the Kingdom of God. The Kingdom may reign on this earth.. from the USA.. It has to have a center where the Prince sits, right? What do you say?

07-02-2011 02:53 PM
Resolute
politicus incorrectissimus in extremis

Jan Kosonen Wrote:
Hi, I just been looking a 1,5 hour youtube video, a interview of Aaron Russo, a succesful business man and filmmaker. He tells how Nick Rockefeller tried to recruit him to futher the elites agenda of world enslavement. And Alex Jones asked him who owns the Federal Reserve in Washington, and Aaron tells that it is owned by the private bank called Federal Reserve Bank of New York. So there you have it again, all the evil comes from New York, the great city Babylon the Great.
Aaron Russo's websit is http://www.freedomtofascism.com

Jan, I agree that there are many evil parts (including the United Nations) to New York city. But remember that Revelation 17:18 says:

"And the woman whom you saw means the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth."

And, while New York's mother country, the US would like to have that kind of power, it can't even begin to make that boast. So how could it be said about New York? The Great City would be a global power elite, directly below Satan himself.

Seeing that Babylon the Great is the "mother" of the harlots it would logically follow that her sons and daughters would follow in her footsteps. Little "chips" off the old block. And, wouldn't it also follow that they would resemble her in their corruption and wicked agenda?

So I give you that about New York -- like mother like daughter.

BTW, loved Aaron Russo and so sorry that he's dead. He always told us the truth without fearing the consequences. I'd love to see his movie "America -- Freedom to Fascism". (so much to do--so little time) (sigh)

love,
rez

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one… – Edmund Burke
07-02-2011 03:22 PM
NewTruth

New York City of the USA... is the most powerful city on earth...and the center of the world. IMO

07-02-2011 03:30 PM
Beau Wetini
Me and my boy at the beach!

Great thoughts everyone!

If Babylon is New York City, and it has only a population of around 20+ million people in the metro area - assuming at least 30% of those people are Christian, that means that the call to flee Babylon is only meant for around 6 million Christians living in the early part of the 21st century in the New York metro area.

It would also mean that the call to flee has no direct relevance to ANY other Christian living either in the present time who does not live in the New York metro area, nor to the many billions who live elsewhere and have lived during the last 2000 or should years.

Not saying its wrong.....but it seems like for such a monumental event to take place, its makes it seem insignificant it its scope and its application.

Surely its a bit bigger than that?

imo! :D

LIVE THE KINGDOM NOW!!

07-02-2011 04:08 PM
AlienResident
Around, again!

In her was found the blood of prophets and of God’s holy people....

I wonder which prophets and God's holy people were martyred in New York?

AR

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.- MLK

07-02-2011 04:21 PM
Pages (15): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites