Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Pages (15): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Next > Last »
Babylon the Great -- recent thoughts
Resolute
politicus incorrectissimus in extremis

Group: Moderator
RE: Babylon the Great -- recent thoughts

Revelation 18:24 says even further: 

"Yes, in her was found the blood of prophets and of holy ones and of all those who have been slaughtered on the earth."

....and that goes all the way back to Able.

Jesus spoke to agents of Babylon the Great when he addressed the religious leaders of the Jerusalem of his day with these words:

"Serpents, offspring of vipers, how are YOU to flee from the judgment of Ge·hen′na?  For this reason, here I am sending forth to YOU prophets and wise men and public instructors. Some of them YOU will kill and impale, and some of them YOU will scourge in YOUR synagogues and persecute from city to city; that there may come upon YOU all the righteous blood spilled on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zech·a·ri′ah son of Bar·a·chi′ah, whom YOU murdered between the sanctuary and the altar. Truly I say to YOU, All these things will come upon this generation." -- Matthew 23:33-36

He called them serpents because they were doing the bidding of the original serpent, Satan the Devil. They were his offspring according to Jesus' further words at John 8:44:

"YOU are from YOUR father the Devil, and YOU wish to do the desires of YOUR father. That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him."

God's judgment on apostate Jerusalem will be visited on the "mother" of the harlots in even greater measure.

"And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her, my people, if YOU do not want to share with her in her sins, and if YOU do not want to receive part of her plagues. For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind. Render to her even as she herself rendered, and do to her twice as much, yes, twice the number of the things she did; in the cup in which she put a mixture put twice as much of the mixture for her. To the extent that she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury, to that extent give her torment and mourning. For in her heart she keeps saying, ‘I sit a queen, and I am no widow, and I shall never see mourning.’ That is why in one day her plagues will come, death and mourning and famine, and she will be completely burned with fire, because Jehovah God, who judged her, is strong." -- Revelation 18:4-8

Jerusalem was only a daughter. And I'm guessing there's more than one seed of the serpent. Because Babylon the Great's killing spree goes all the way back to Able, I'm also guessing that Cain was also a seed of the serpent and an agent of destruction of the righteous.

Giant jigsaw, peeps. All hands on deck.

cheers,
rez

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one… – Edmund Burke
07-02-2011 05:03 PM
Find all posts by this user
Jan Kosonen

Group: Registered Plus

AlienResident Wrote:
In her was found the blood of prophets and of God’s holy people....

I wonder which prophets and God's holy people were martyred in New York?

AR

Hi AlienResident, the slaughter begins when the beast begins its 42 month rule. The whore Babylon, the bankers and eugenics of New York are preparing the beast to do that. This will be the time of the red horse of Revelation.

07-02-2011 05:07 PM
smoldering wick
ratio est radius divini luminus

NewTruth Wrote:

New York City of the USA... is the most powerful city on earth...and the center of the world. IMO

Ah! So do I hear there is yet another remake of Escape From New York??? :funnyface:

"What cannot be understood is no object of belief.” Isaac Newton.
----------------------------------------------------------------
"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false face for the urge to rule it.” H. L. Mencken
07-02-2011 05:30 PM
Jan Kosonen

Hi smoldering wick, funny film, like a prediction. :thumbup:

07-02-2011 06:03 PM
Jan Kosonen

Hi Resolute, I agree on your explanation how all killed on earth can be found in Babylon the Great. And I watched the video to. Really the world is going crazy.

07-02-2011 06:11 PM
Resolute
politicus incorrectissimus in extremis

Jan Kosonen Wrote:
Hi Resolute, I agree on your explanation how all killed on earth can be found in Babylon the Great. And I watched the video to. Really the world is going crazy.

Indeed it is going crazy, my brother.....and fast! I'll get back on this more later.

rez

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one… – Edmund Burke
07-02-2011 06:16 PM
Jan Kosonen

NewTruth Wrote:
Jan Kosonen:

I really agree with you. The United States or New York City IMO, is Babylon..
And it will be replaced with the Kingdom of God. The Kingdom may reign on this earth.. from the USA.. It has to have a center where the Prince sits, right? What do you say?

Hi New Truth, I'm happy that we are on the same line about Babylon the Great. But I believe Jerusalem will be the central place on earth forever. If I could go there and stay there right now I would not hesitate. Today I was reading Ezekiel and agian I came across scriptures pointing to Jerusalem.
Son of man, [this is] the place of my throne and the place of the soles of my feet, where I shall reside in the midst of the sons of Israel to time indefinite; Eze 43:7
and the name of the city from [that] day on will be Jehovah Himself Is There.” Eze 48:35

07-03-2011 10:54 AM
ablebodiedman

Here is a scripture which I believe helps to identify the Harlot aka Babylon the Great:

Revelation 17:15
And he says to me: “The waters that you saw, where the harlot is sitting, mean peoples and crowds and nations and tongues.

Babylon the Great has to be an entity who is followed by all the different kinds of people in all the different countries in every different kind of language. (aka tongues)

Please spend some time thinking about that.

What entity has the capability to communicate with every single kind of person from every country in every language?

Including braille for blind people and also the different sign languages for deaf people?

Google is the entity which I suspect would come to most peoples minds.

But hey, lets pick some kind of language thats probably not spoken by many people, and put Google to the test.

How about sign language for deaf Zimbabweans?

I invite you to give it a try:

http://www.watchtower.org/zsl/dvkt/article_01.htm

I invite you to try the same thing in 418 languages:

http://www.watchtower.org/languages.htm

In fact if ALL the earth follows the wild beast in admiration then the wild beast had better be able to speak their language (tongues).

I challenge you to find another entity that can actually do that!

In Christ

abe

the spiritual man examines all things

Jehovah's Witnesses - The Bible Report
The Unforgivable Sin
07-03-2011 12:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Beau Wetini
Me and my boy at the beach!

Hi Abe!

Id say that there is something that smashes the Watchtower, and that is >
"The Flesh" - or specifically, the DESIRE of the Flesh. With the Harlot (Desire) controlling the Beast (Flesh) - the Desire of the Beast is what controls the Beast.

"The Flesh" can speak in EVERY SINGLE LANGUAGE ever known to EVERY culture, in EVERY country, in EVERY TRIBE, and throughout ALL HUMAN HISTORY. Thats right - the flesh, which we all have, knows no boundaries in terms of its ability to affect all human beings. In fact, its far more efficient, flexible and far reaching than a bit of corporate propaganda on a 2-bit coporate propaganda website!

Abe - there are way too many limitations that the Watchtower has in being Babylon the Great.

One is the fact that most people have not even heard of it before. The utter insignificance of the Watchtower is exemplified by the fact that 90% of the people of this planet dont know that it even exists! It is the prophetic equivalent of saying that New Zealand plays a central role in the outworking of God's Will. Like - WHO THE HECK IS NEW ZEALAND? (as much as it pains me to say that, being a Kiwi and all!)

Now, im not saying your wrong, and im right - but, the Watchtower?

New York City has a better chance of being the Harlot!

imo.... :D

LIVE THE KINGDOM NOW!!

07-03-2011 12:38 PM
man hu
Babe and any other piggy names

Beau Wrote:

ROFL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1sj2gQJIKI
07-03-2011 05:42 PM
isomam
In Spite of Many and Much

where'a blindzebra when we need her? :dontknow:

she could explain one million and one reasons why new york city has to be btg. :whistle:

Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. Of these I am foremost.--1 Timothy 1:15.

Above all things, have INTENSE Love for one another.--1 Peter 4:8.

Sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts. ... Hold a good conscience.--1 Peter 3:15, 16.

TRUTH IS SIMPLE.
07-03-2011 06:43 PM
ablebodiedman

Beau Wetini Wrote:
Hi Abe!

Id say that there is something that smashes the Watchtower, and that is >
"The Flesh" - or specifically, the DESIRE of the Flesh. With the Harlot (Desire) controlling the Beast (Flesh) - the Desire of the Beast is what controls the Beast.

"The Flesh" can speak in EVERY SINGLE LANGUAGE ever known to EVERY culture, in EVERY country, in EVERY TRIBE, and throughout ALL HUMAN HISTORY. Thats right - the flesh, which we all have, knows no boundaries in terms of its ability to affect all human beings. In fact, its far more efficient, flexible and far reaching than a bit of corporate propaganda on a 2-bit coporate propaganda website!

Abe - there are way too many limitations that the Watchtower has in being Babylon the Great.

One is the fact that most people have not even heard of it before. The utter insignificance of the Watchtower is exemplified by the fact that 90% of the people of this planet dont know that it even exists! It is the prophetic equivalent of saying that New Zealand plays a central role in the outworking of God's Will. Like - WHO THE HECK IS NEW ZEALAND? (as much as it pains me to say that, being a Kiwi and all!)

imo.... :D

Beau,

The "Flesh" is a language?

Sounds like some kind of new age philosophy to me.

If thats the the best objection you can manufacture then I guess I'll let it speak for itself.

Your next objection is that 90% of the world don't know the Watchtower exists.

Well the Watchtower is the ONLY entity that can, and do communicate with 100% of the worlds population in their own language (tongue).

There is no other identifiable entity that can do this!

Revelation 17:15
And he says to me: “The waters that you saw, where the harlot is sitting, mean peoples and crowds and nations and tongues.

They can and do communicate with even the lessor known languages in New Zealand.

Check it out:

Maori

http://www.watchtower.org/ma/index.html

New Zealand Sign Language

http://www.watchtower.org/nzs/dvkt/article_01.htm

In my opinion their ability to spread lies to peoples and crowds and nations and tongues far exceeds any other communication channel on the planet.

New York is their headquarters and so yes, I wouldn't want to be in New York just for that reason.

In Christ

abe

The Unforgivable Sin
07-03-2011 06:48 PM
ablebodiedman

isomam Wrote:
where'a blindzebra when we need her? :dontknow:

she could explain one million and one reasons why new york city has to be btg. :whistle:

I think Robert King banned her for suggesting the Watchtower was Babylon the Great.

Don't know where she went after that.

Somewhere in Florida I believe.

In Christ

abe

The Unforgivable Sin
07-03-2011 06:52 PM
NewTruth

Jan Kosonen Wrote:

NewTruth Wrote:
Jan Kosonen:

I really agree with you. The United States or New York City IMO, is Babylon..
And it will be replaced with the Kingdom of God. The Kingdom may reign on this earth.. from the USA.. It has to have a center where the Prince sits, right? What do you say?

Hi New Truth, I'm happy that we are on the same line about Babylon the Great. But I believe Jerusalem will be the central place on earth forever. If I could go there and stay there right now I would not hesitate. Today I was reading Ezekiel and agian I came across scriptures pointing to Jerusalem.
Son of man, [this is] the place of my throne and the place of the soles of my feet, where I shall reside in the midst of the sons of Israel to time indefinite; Eze 43:7
and the name of the city from [that] day on will be Jehovah Himself Is There.” Eze 48:35

Hi Jan... I believe one must look @ the prophesies in the Hebrew Scriptures as antitypical... Another words.. when the scriptures say that Jerusalem and the land will be restored.. I think it's talking about the Isreal of God.. or the Christian nation.. rather than going back to the way it was in Solomon's day. The nation of Isreal was chosen because God needed a nation to fulfill the shadows of the Kingdom thru and for the Christ's linage to work thru. They killed the prophets and his son.. and God has now expanded the term Isreal.. and Jerusalem to mean something more.. It appears to me, that God has blessed the US.. and made it the center of the Christian world.. (at least with power and wealth.) That is why I think the USA is the new land of Canaan..God may have the message @ the end palable to the Jews to give them every chance to repent.. on account of the forefathers, but all get a chance to repent on the 2nd coming of Christ. Thoughts?

07-03-2011 10:24 PM
digging

Beau is right it is bigger...

I believe one of the reasons we see her in various places is because she is a 'pattern' thus she is the 'mother'. Yes a single city is modeled after her....the first city gives us a very good clue. They came together built thier city using fossil tar just like we have built a globalized link of cities with fossil fuel covering the whole world which has the majority of the human race supporting it with their effort because they are also dependant on it/her like a child on it's mother.

She is the whole living arrangment we have today driven by deep seated fleshly motivations with the phyical outward manifestation of the the build enviornment that serves to satisfy the flesh rather than serving the higher spirtual calling of God.

Digging

PS thank-you for starting this topic yet again...

07-04-2011 01:41 AM
Pages (15): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Next > Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites