Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Rethinking Thrones How Many and Who Sits on Them!
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Group: Moderator
Rethinking Thrones How Many and Who Sits on Them!

Good morning all ... :hibye::grouphug::happyheart::drinking:

If I were to ask you ...

How many thrones are there in heaven and who sits on them what would you say ...?

At least to the best of our knowledge with the scriptures we have at our disposal and the limited info we have of course ... ;):read:

Luv as always, BR :sheepy: :bouncyhearts:

http://bruisedreednotbroke.blogspot.com
07-18-2011 10:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Jan Kosonen

Group: Registered Plus
RE: Rethinking Thrones How Many and Who Sits on Them!

BruisedReed Wrote:
Good morning all ... :hibye::grouphug::happyheart::drinking:

If I were to ask you ...

How many thrones are there in heaven and who sits on them what would you say ...?

At least to the best of our knowledge with the scriptures we have at our disposal and the limited info we have of course ... ;):read:

Luv as always, BR :sheepy: :bouncyhearts:

Hi BR, I'm always happy to defend true explanations that I've got from Russell, Bible students, and later from Jehovah's witnesses. I do not care who has a right explanation, for me the important thing is what makes sense. So when Revelation talks about 144000 to rule with Jesus Christ as kings and priests, I believe it. It is not a little number to be kings and priests. It is fully enough of kings for the mankind. Today we have about 170 or was it 190 nations. So you have about 170-190 heads of states. So 144 000 is a lot of kings. But it is surely not too much because in ancient times one city with villages could form a smal kingdom. Of such kingdoms you can read in the Bible in the time of Abraham. So that could be the size of an area a king of the 144 000 gets. If a such smal city-kingdom had 10 000 inhabitants, that would make 144 000 x 10 000= 1.44 billion people on earth, in comparision to today's about 7 billion. Of course I have no number on the people in God's new earth. But 144 000 kings/priests fully makes sense for me. The number 144 000 you can find in Rev 5:9,10 :And they sing a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, because you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought persons for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, 10 and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.”
And in Rev 7:4 And I heard the number of those who were sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand,
And Rev 14:1-5 and the verse 4 and 5 says: These were bought from among mankind as firstfruits to God and to the Lamb, 5 and no falsehood was found in their mouths; they are without blemish.

Remark that the scriprure says that no falsehood was found in their mouth. How many examples of christians do you have who was not entangled with false doctrine? After the apostacy spread in the first century, there did not remain many who could fit the description. If you read the letters to congregations in the Greek scriptures you will be shocked by the rampant spiritual problems then. So I do not believe the number 144 000 was fullfilled during the last 2000 years.

BR, I believe these things are not too difficult for you to understand. But I'm sure many here will not accept this, but it is up for them.
But I'm not fully convinced about the identity of 24 elders, so I would welcome an explanation.

Best regards Jan

07-18-2011 04:31 PM
Find all posts by this user
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Hi br. Jan!

I too am like you in that the things that can be proven true from whatever our background we want to 'keep' ... but the rest ... well ... I'm sure you throw it out like the rest of us!

I came up with this question based quite accidently while researching something else ... as usual ... and thuguht it might be worth having a wee bit of a discussion on ... as it is from quite a different angle.

First of all, I noticed something quite interesting in your comment that I would like to ask an additional question on ...

You said,

So when Revelation talks about 144000 to rule with Jesus Christ as kings and priests, I believe it.

May I ask you ... do you think that the 144,000 will also be 'judges' as a part of their job description?

It kind of goes along with my thought process on this ... :thinking::confused:

Luv to you bro ... your sis in love and faith BR sheepette

07-18-2011 04:47 PM
BruisedReed
Sheepette

PS ...

I am not trying to 'trick' anyone either ...

Just trying to lay a frame work for questions ...

Luv again BR:happyheart:

07-18-2011 05:06 PM
Yannis
Pilgrim

The Thrones are a class of celestial beings mentioned by Paul of Tarsus in Colossians 1:16 and related to the throne of God. They are living symbols of God's justice and authority.

According to the New Testament, these high celestial beings are among those Orders at the Christ's service, 1 Pet 3:22.

The Thrones are mentioned again in Revelation 11:16.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
07-18-2011 06:27 PM
Jan Kosonen

BruisedReed Wrote:
May I ask you ... do you think that the 144,000 will also be 'judges' as a part of their job description?

Luv to you bro ... your sis in love and faith BR sheepette

Hi again, dear sister BR
Yes, you are right, 144 000 will also be judges. I can recall some scriptures confirming that. And I checked up the word "judge" in a bible concordance and found an excellent scripture with Jesus' words in Luke 22:29,30:and I make a covenant with YOU, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom, 30 that YOU may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones to judge the twelve tribes of Israel.

And also Jesus' apostle Paul mentions it in 1Corinthians 6:2,3: Or do YOU not know that the holy ones will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by YOU, are YOU unfit to try very trivial matters? 3 Do YOU not know that we shall judge angels?

In addition, to my mind comes also scriptures from Isaiah which I believe apply to the 1000 year reign that has to do with judging during that time. Isa. 65:20: for one will die as a mere boy, although a hundred years of age; and as for the sinner, although a hundred years of age he will have evil called down upon him.

And Isaiah 26:9,10 talks about some wicked people, may be they are those that will be born during the 1000 year reign. Those wicked need to be judged also. Here is what Isaiah says: when there are judgments from you for the earth, righteousness is what the inhabitants of the productive land will certainly learn. 10 Though the wicked one should be shown favor, he simply will not learn righteousness. In the land of straightforwardness he will act unjustly and will not see the eminence of Jehovah.

So dear sister these scriptures were what I could find in support for the idea that the 144000 will also serve as judges. And it will require patience from them, because first they will have to try in some way to direct a sinner to the right path and surely prevent him to seriously harming other people. And may be they have to give a sinner 100 years to change his mind as Isaiah said, that a sinner would die at an age of 100.

Love and God's blessing to you BR

07-18-2011 06:43 PM
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Good evening all ...

Thanks for the comments brothers ...

I never thought of that scripture in Col. dear br. Yannis ... I will look more into it light of my research ...

Hi again br. Jan ... may I ask which SCRIPTURE that you recall that (s) refer(s) to the 144,000 as as 'judges' ...?? :read:

Anyone else can answer that as well of course ... I am not just picking on you dear brother! :friends:;)

Indeed that scripture in Luke 22:29, 30 is an excellent on in referring to Jesus having 'help' in 'judging' ...

(BBE)29 And I will give you a kingdom as my Father has given one to me,
30 So that you may take food and drink at my table in my kingdom, and be seated like kings, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Now if we look at the specific verse where THRONES are mentioned we find it says ... Luke 22:30

(ASV) that ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom; and ye shall sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

(GNB) You will eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom, and you will sit on thrones to rule over the twelve tribes of Israel.

(GW) You will eat and drink at my table in my kingdom. You will also sit on thrones and judge the twelve tribes of Israel."

Now if we take apart this scripture for example perhaps we need to ask ourselves ... I know I did today in regard to myself ... hence why I thought to start this topic ...

1. "WHO" specifically is Jesus talking to here?
2. Which ROLE does "THESE" ones have in the 'kingdom'?[/b]
3. And again "WHO" does it say will SIT ON THRONES?
4. How MANY THRONES would this make so far in the count?

I think that the answers are part of why I began to 'rethink' in light of other scriptures ... but I am really trying not to load anyone down with too many words ...

I think I'm doing pretty good?

Luv and laughs ... your bratty sis BR sheepette

07-18-2011 07:37 PM
Interpretum
This Space For Rent

Hi BR

Ooh... a riddle!

OK, I haven't looked at anybody else's answers yet.

I'd say 25.

24 thrones for the 24 elders.

1 throne for God, the Lamb, and all who conquer.

"The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne." (Rev 3:21)

Since you said "in heaven", I have excluded the apostles and their 12 thrones, because it says nothing about heaven. It merely says they would be judging the 12 tribes of Israel. The 12 tribes' inheritance was the Promised Land, so I'm guessing that the apostles will rule over those 12 tribes.

Whether this is true or not, there are only 25 thrones in heaven as far as I can see... 24 for the elders, and 1 for God... with Christ sitting on God's throne, and all those who conquer sitting on that throne as well.

I conclude... the 1 throne must be incredibly uncomfortable :)

Do I win a cuddly toy or something?

My Blog: The Prophetic Word

Latest post: Daniel 9 And The Seventy (70) Weeks - How Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy was fulfilled.
07-19-2011 07:36 PM
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Good morning interpretum ...

No quiz dear br. just trying to sift through what I thought I 'knew' to try to make sure it 'is' what it 'is' ... :love:

For example this is how many 'thrones' I am thinking that there 'might' be ...

24 thrones (24 elsers)
12 thrones (apostles)
1 (Jesus' throne)
1 (Jehovah's throne)

That makes 38 so far at least from where I have got so far in my research on the scriptures.

Why I even decided to come up with asking for ya'lls input is how the watchtower seems to have ADDED to this number without any seeming scriptural backup.

Here is an example of what I mean by how we have been 'taught' in the past in regard to more thrones that is specifically stated ...

To me the 'problem' may be coming in with the fact that those who have idientified themselves as being of the 144,000 (anointed FDS) have tried to 'rule' now and in the future and have twisted, added to or assumed 'facts not in evidence' perhaps?

For example note what this article said in regard to the 144,000 ...

*** ka chap. 3 pp. 30-32 Enjoying the Visionary Preview of the Thousand Years ***

EARTH’S RULERS FOR A THOUSAND YEARS

6 No longer will Satan the Devil be the ruler of the world of mankind or the “god” of the system of things. (John 12:31; 14:30; 16:11; 2 Corinthians 4:4) Who, then, will rule the inhabited earth during the thousand years that Satan the Devil is abyssed and “is not”?
7 In the vision the apostle John saw by whom the rulership of the earth was to be administered. He says: “And I saw thrones, and there were those who sat down on them, and power of judging was given them. Yes, I saw the souls of those executed with the ax for the witness they bore to Jesus and for speaking about God, and those who had worshiped neither the wild beast nor its image and who had not received the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand. And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ for a thousand years. (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority, but they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and will rule as kings with him for the thousand years.”—Revelation 20:4-6.

8 The thrones that John saw were up in heaven, not on earth, for these are the thrones of those who are to rule as kings with the Christ for a thousand years. The number of thrones was therefore not indefinite. The number was 144,000, to correspond with the 144,000 spiritual Israelites who are sealed with the “seal of the living God” and who follow the Lamb Jesus Christ “no matter where he goes.” (Revelation 7:1-8; 14:1-5) During the past thousands of years that Satan the Devil has been the “ruler of this world” there has been such an absence of justice or miscarriage of justice that it will be an excellent thing when the power of judging mankind is committed to these 144,000 associate judges of the Lord Jesus Christ. So when the apostle John saw those 144,000 thrones and those who sat down on them, he was seeing the beginning of the glorious judicial day that was spoken of to the Court of Areopagus, Athens, nineteen centuries ago, in these words:

Some of my questions on this article are

1. First of all we see that they '[color=#800080]SPECIFICALLY NUMBER' THE THRONES ... something that the SCRIPTURE DOES NOT DO ...

2. Then they say that John SAW the 144,000 THRONES ... (NOT AN 'INDEFINETE' number but rather a 'specific' one ... 144,000) again something that the SCRIPTURE DOES NOT SAY ... it just says THRONES ...

3. Then it say that the ones who sat down on the 'thrones' were EXECUTED BY THE AX ... who today who claim to be of the 144,000 died as MARTYRS ...??

I am being called to go down to eat so I will have to finishe later ... any comments in the meantime are as always richly appreciated!

Luv to all ... BR sheepette:happyheart:

07-20-2011 10:51 AM
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Also one another quick thought thought from the scriptures ...

One of the scriptures that is used to support the thought that the 144,000 will SIT ON THRONES is that found in Rev. 14:1 ...

And I saw, and, look! the Lamb standing upon the Mount Zion, and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand having his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads.

When I read this over again I couldn't help but note the 'where' and the 'positioning' of the 144,000 ...

First of all they are 'upon the Mount Zion' ... and second they are 'STANDING' with Christ ...

All it says is that they have the 'name of his Father written on their foreheads' ... perhaps denoting their LOYALTY and APPROVAL but by both the father and the son ...

Anyway that is all I have time for right now ... have to take my friend to town so this was a 'rush job' ... :blush:

Luv to all BR :happyheart:

07-20-2011 12:10 PM
Interpretum
This Space For Rent

Hi BR

BruisedReed Wrote:
For example this is how many 'thrones' I am thinking that there 'might' be ...

24 thrones (24 elsers)
12 thrones (apostles)
1 (Jesus' throne)
1 (Jehovah's throne)

That makes 38 so far at least from where I have got so far in my research on the scriptures.

But Jehovah's throne, and Jesus' throne are the SAME. They don't sit on 2 different thrones.

"The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne." (Rev 3:21)

Jesus is sat on his Father's throne! And the "one who conquers" is sat on Jesus' throne, which is also his Father's throne. :)

I suppose the problem is simply thrones from which perspective? In the above scripture, Jehovah and Jesus and all who conquer sit on the same throne... and yet,
I suppose from another perspective they have their own thrones.

As for Revelation 20, the ones judging cannot at the same time be the ones executed by the ax and come to life. This is the resurrection of LIFE. The ones on the thrones are already alive, by definition, to do the judging of the DEAD righteous ones.

The WTS are confused on this issue, because they believe only a limited number (144,000) can be kings and priests. Earlier on Jesus said ALL who conquer can sit on Jesus' throne.

This invitation is open to ANYBODY.

The 144,000 was a specific group picked from the tribes of Israel.

I actually wrote an earlier post to you in support of this idea, from Revelation 21, but I lost the post.

In essence, it was about the STRUCTURE of New Jerusalem in Rev 21. It is a CUBE of 12,000 stadia each edge. Since it is a cube, it has 12 EDGES, totalling 144,000 stadia.

The foundation is made up of the 12 apostles, who were all Jewish... and there are 12 gates corresponding to the 12 tribes.

This is yet another reason why I believe the 144,000 were the 1st century Jewish Christians, taken as "firstfruits" for God.

Everything about New Jerusalem's description clues us in on this, with its 12 gates and 12 foundation stones (one for each apostle).

These ones form the foundation and basis for a new society, in which Gentiles are grafted in (as per Paul's teachings).

Remember, even in Revelation 21, there are still NATIONS. The nations bring their glory into New Jerusalem.

God told us about this arrangement even well before Revelation. Fragments of His arrangement can be found in places like Zechariah 14, Ezekiel 47, Isaiah 60 and so on.

Latest post: Daniel 9 And The Seventy (70) Weeks - How Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy was fulfilled.
07-20-2011 12:19 PM
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Good morning br. interpretum ...

Thanks for your input ... I have to take a friend to a doctor's appointment and then her lawyer so I have very limited time today, but I wanted you to know that I read your reply and will be thinking about it throughout the day.

Indeed I too think the society has the 'wrong' idea about 'who' the 144,000 are and their 'purpose' and hence all the premises that they build upon are thus 'wrong' ...

They are so bent IMHO to have a 'place' in the "SUPERSTRUCTURE" (their words not mine) that I can't help but feel that they are rather like the two apostles who wanted a 'seat' next to Jesus.

Maybe the idea of KINGS is at issue??

Since we tend to think of kings as always sitting on 'thrones' maybe this limits our thinking as to what the fuller meaning may be ...?

For the scriptures make clear that the 'role' of the 144,000 is for a LIMITED TIME doesn't it ...?

Rev. 20:6 ...

6 Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority, but they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and will rule as kings with him for the thousand years.

However, it would appear that CONQUERING MANKIND will ALSO 'rule as kings' ... and they will have this 'role' FOREVER

Rev. 22:1-5 ...

22 And he showed me a river of water of life, clear as crystal, flowing out from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of its broad way. And on this side of the river and on that side [there were] trees of life producing twelve crops of fruit, yielding their fruits each month. And the leaves of the trees were for the curing of the nations.
3 And no more will there be any curse. But the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in [the city], and his slaves will render him sacred service; 4 and they will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5 Also, night will be no more, and they have no need of lamplight nor [do they have] sunlight, because Jehovah God will shed light upon them, and they will rule as kings forever and ever.

The Greek word for 'rule' or 'reign' is ...

G936 βασιλεύω
basileuō bas-il-yoo'-o

From G935; to rule (literally or figuratively): - king, reign.

G935 βασιλεύς
basileus bas-il-yooce'

Probably from G939 (through the notion of a foundation of power); a sovereign (abstractly, relatively or figuratively): - king.

It would seem that ADAM had this same 'kind' of 'power' ... and his 'domain' was the EARTH ... and he 'ruled' over the 'animals'?

Gen 1:28 ...

(ASV) And God blessed them: and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

(BBE) And God gave them his blessing and said to them, Be fertile and have increase, and make the earth full and be masters of it; be rulers over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing moving on the earth.

(CEV) God gave them his blessing and said: Have a lot of children! Fill the earth with people and bring it under your control. Rule[u][b] the fish in the ocean, the birds in the sky, and every animal on the earth.

(GW) God blessed them and said, "Be fertile, increase in number, fill the earth, and[u][b] be its master. Rule
the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, and all the animals that crawl on the earth." [color=#000080]

The Hebrew word for 'rule' is ...

[color=#800080]H7287 רדה
râdâh raw-daw
'

A primitive root; to tread down, that is, subjugate; specifically to crumble off: - (come to, make to) have dominion, prevail against, reign, (bear, make to) rule, (-r, over), take.

Anyway, that is all I have time for ...

Talk soon guys and gals!!

Luv BR:happyheart:

[/color]

07-21-2011 10:00 AM
Interpretum
This Space For Rent

Hi BR

Thanks for your comments. I personally suspect that the idea of "ruling as kings" in Rev 21 isn't really in the sense that we normally see it, i.e. ruling over subjects.

It's in contrast to death "ruling as king" over our bodies. Consider Paul's words here:

"To what end? That, just as sin ruled as king with death, likewise also undeserved kindness might rule as king through righteousness with everlasting life in view through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 5:21)

In other words, in this current world, sin and death "rule as king". All who are worthy of the first resurrection "rule as kings" over themselves, no longer subject to death! They become immortal, as Jesus implied here:

"The children of this system of things marry and are given in marriage, but those who have been counted worthy of gaining that system of things and the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage. In fact, neither can they die anymore, for they are like the angels, and they are God’s children by being children of the resurrection." (Luke 20:34-36)

Notice how Paul viewed his change to immortality:

"But when [this which is corruptible puts on incorruption and] this which is mortal puts on immortality, then the saying will take place that is written: “Death is swallowed up forever.” “Death, where is your victory? Death, where is your sting?” (1 Corinthians 15:54,55)

Those who are worthy of the first resurrection cannot die anymore. They are immortal. Death no longer rules as kings over them. They "rule as kings" over their own bodies.

This is why the "first resurrection" is not limited to 144,000. It is open to ALL those who conquer, in the Christian sense.

I would also suggest that the 144,000 are already in heaven PRIOR to the "first resurrection". They are the ones doing the judging!

07-21-2011 07:15 PM
digging

This might go 100% with what you are talking about, but I've spent some time thinking about what the thrones might be symbolizing. Since in our world they are seats of power and control and we might be reading this worldly meaning into the bibles meaning.

Jesus sat down on he's throne with his Father after he was resurrected. So once he received immortality.
The bible in Romans speaks of 'reigning in life'

Thus I believe to sit on a throne in God's Kingdom means to have received everlasting life.
YHWH sit's on the highest throne of all since he is the very source of life!

Digging

07-21-2011 07:17 PM
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Again may I say I love the comments by you Interpretum and digging!

It sure opens up a wonderful thought process in seeking to get a deeper understanding and hopefully clearer one ...

For example the scripture at Rev. 3:21 ...

To the one that conquers I will grant to sit down with me on my throne, even as I conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Here we see that Jesus has a 'throne' and his Father has a 'throne' ... and it says 'EVEN AS' Jesus sat down with his Father ... ON ... his throne ... so shall all those who CONQUER will sit down with Jesus .... ON ... his throne.

However ...

Is sitting 'ON the throne' a correct view necessarily ...?

Didn't Jesus sit BESIDE his heavenly ... on his 'right hand' to be exact after his resurrection ... and that this showed his being acceptable and in an honorable position?

The NT uses the word 'ON his throne' ... however it would seem that other translations use the word 'IN in his throne' ...

(Diaglott-NT) The one overcoming, I will give to him to have sat with me in the throne of me, as also I overcame, and am sat down with the Father of me in the throne of him.

(Vulgate) qui vicerit dabo ei sedere mecum in throno meo sicut et ego vici et sedi cum Patre meo in throno eius

Now, when I saw that the word 'in' was also used I couldn't help but think of Jesus' words to ALL those that would follow him and the CLOSENESS that they could have with him and his Father ...

John 17:20-23 ...

(ASV) 20 Neither for these only do I pray, but for them also that believe on me through their word;
21 that they may all be one; even as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us: that the world may believe that thou didst send me.
22 And the glory which thou hast given me I have given unto them; that they may be one, even as we are one;
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be perfected into one; that the world may know that thou didst send me, and lovedst them, even as thou lovedst me.

(BBE)20 My prayer is not for them only, but for all who will have faith in me through their word;
21 May they all be one! Even as you, Father, are in me and I am in you, so let them be in us, so that all men may come to have faith that you sent me.
22 And the glory which you have given to me I have given to them, so that they may be one even as we are one;
23 I in them, and you in me, so that they may be made completely one, and so that it may become clear to all men that you have sent me and that they are loved by you as I am loved by you.

I can't help but think that maybe this 'glory' or 'honor' is 'similar' to the 'glory' of those who have, for lack of a better word, 'won' or 'conquered' the right to be 'rulers over their life' sort of like you said br. interpretum?

Thus the sitting IN the throne of Christ and his Father we are ONE with them as it was meant to be in the beginning of creation?

Yes, we can ONLY be 'in one' with our heavenly parents if we are 'perfected or completed' and 'conquer' ...

Interesting the meaning of the Greek word here ...

G5048 τελειόω
teleioō tel-i-o'-o

From G5046; to complete, that is, (literally) accomplish, or (figuratively) consummate (in character): - consecrate, finish, fulfil, (make) perfect.

G5046 τέλειος
teleios tel'-i-os

From G5056; complete (in various applications of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.); neuter (as noun, with G3588) completeness: - of full age, man, perfect.

This would also seem to be in harmony with the Jesus that says our Lord was perfected or made complete ... and that thus we too must be completed or perfected as well in order to 'receive the prize' ... life everlasting ...

So, perhaps, this word 'throne' is not just in reference to the 'seat' ... but ALSO in reference to the SYMBOLOGY of what the 'throne' REPRESENTS ...

G2362 θρόνος
thronos thron'-os

From θράω thraō (to sit); a stately seat (“throne”); by implication power or (concretely) a potentate: - seat, throne.

***–noun
a person who possesses great power, as a sovereign, monarch, or ruler.

So, we could perhaps also look at this as maybe also meaning that we are IN God's and Christ's 'power' or 'rule' ... and that they have 'given' us our 'place' as well ... the 'earth' to 'subdue and rule' ...

Anyway, I will stop there for now ... just some scattered thoughts that came to mind after reading the posts above.

Luv to all ... BR :happyheart:

07-22-2011 11:31 AM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites