Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Thursday, July 21
wolfie

Group: Registered Plus
Thursday, July 21

Job 2: 7-10 discusses Job's second test..

''So satan went out from the presence of the LORD and afflicted Job with painful sores from the soles of his feet to the top of his head.'' (7)

''Then Job took a piece of broken pottery and scraped himself with it as he sat among the ashes.'' (8)

''His wife said to him, ''Are you still holding on to your integrity? Curse GOd and die!'' (9)..such encouragement (not)

''He replied, ''You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?''
In all this, Job did not sin in what he did.'' (10) ..this reads to me like a lesson in how to take a really really bad situation and handle it with grace. He was afflicted with a really painful disease and got less than no encouragement from his dear wife. That had to be tough But When we suffer we turn to God--not away from him :heartbeat:

''Those who go to God Most High for safety
will be protected by the ALmighty.
I will say to the LORD,
''You are my place of safety and protection.
You are my God and I trust you.'' Psalm 91: 1,2...as did Job :heartbeat:

''LORD, even when I have trouble all around me,
you will keep me alive.
When my enemies are angry,
you will reach down and save me by your power.'' Psalm 138:7...

It is having faith--faith that God is there for us in our darkest moments, that we are never alone and that he will always do what is right for us...:heartbeat:

lots of love this hot summer evening friends--stay cool--:heartbeat:

''In the midst of winter I finally learned that in me there was an invincible summer.'' Albert Camus

''live simply, speak kindly, love unconditionally''
07-21-2011 07:47 PM
Find all posts by this user

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites