Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Saturday, July 30, 2011
Willa
Peace, baby!

Group: Moderator
Saturday, July 30, 2011

<> <> <> <> Colossians 3:23, 24 <> <> <> <>

Wow - this year's half over already! Sure does show how time flies like a bird on a breeze... whether you're having fun or not!
There's one thing we do that is 'fun', if 'fun' is doing something from which one gets much satisfaction and enjoyment - and that is talking with everyone we encounter about our Lord Jesus and what he's done for us and for all humanity. It is certainly thrilling to discuss God's promises through Christ, and proclaim aloud what a wonderful and exciting hope is our inheritance from our beloved Father!

Colossians 3 12 So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; 13 bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. 14 Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity. 15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. 17 Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.
22 Slaves, in all things obey those who are your masters on earth, not with external service, as those who merely please men, but with sincerity of heart, fearing the Lord. 23 Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve. 25 For he who does wrong will receive the consequences of the wrong which he has done, and that without partiality.

To whom are we indebted? Who do we serve?

1 Corinthians 7:22 For he who was called in the Lord while a slave, is the Lord’s freedman; likewise he who was called while free, is Christ’s slave.

It seems like a contradiction to say we are "free in Christ" and yet we are his "slaves". But we are willing 'slaves' to our Master, Christ Jesus because through our faith in him he has 'set us free'! It's our pleasure, our joy - yes, fun! - to be his witnesses!

Ephesians 6:5-8 Slaves, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in the sincerity of your heart, as to Christ; not by way of eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart. With good will render service, as to the Lord, and not to men, knowing that whatever good thing each one does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether slave or free.

John 8:32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”

John 8:36 So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed.

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

Acts 1:8 but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”

Have a pleasant, fun day, dear fellow witnesses of Christ!
Your sister, Willa

07-30-2011 12:10 PM
Find all posts by this user
isomam
In Spite of Many and Much

Group: Registered Plus
RE: Saturday, July 30, 2011

Willa Wrote:
1 Corinthians 7:22 For he who was called in the Lord while a slave, is the Lord’s freedman; likewise he who was called while free, is Christ’s slave.

It seems like a contradiction to say we are "free in Christ" and yet we are his "slaves". But we are willing 'slaves' to our Master, Christ Jesus because through our faith in him he has 'set us free'! It's our pleasure, our joy - yes, fun! - to be his witnesses!

how true, sis willa! :giverose: it is also our 'meat' to eat and our 'water' to drink. :eat: :drinking:

it has been often discussed how slavery was part of the social order of the day in the roman empire. and, further, how the status of 'slave' would correspond more closely to being an 'employee' today. as a rule, no harsh or inhumane treatment from 'masters' and no social stigma as has been the case in the more recent history of slavery. (i have always preferred the word "servant" anyway.)

thanks for all of your hard work, willa. :grouphug:

Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. Of these I am foremost.--1 Timothy 1:15.

Above all things, have INTENSE Love for one another.--1 Peter 4:8.

Sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts. ... Hold a good conscience.--1 Peter 3:15, 16.

TRUTH IS SIMPLE.
07-30-2011 12:30 PM
Willa
Peace, baby!

Group: Moderator
RE: Saturday, July 30, 2011

Excellent point, bro! I like 'servant' too, always a humbling reminder. Personally, I don't hate 'employee'. Even though it's thoroughly enjoyable employment, we do 'work' for our Master! But it's kinda like an incorporated Family Business - so we work for our Dad and elder siblings, for each other and for ourselves, too - we receive wages now and a sweet inheritance later! And we've a HUGE family tree goin' waaaaay back, lol.

Acts 20:35 In everything I showed you that by working hard in this manner you must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

Romans 16:3, 6, 9 Greet Prisca and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus,
Greet Mary, who has worked hard for you.
Greet Urbanus, our fellow worker in Christ, and Stachys my beloved.

Romans 16:12, 21 Greet Tryphaena and Tryphosa, workers in the Lord. Greet Persis the beloved, who has worked hard in the Lord.
Timothy my fellow worker greets you, and so do Lucius and Jason and Sosipater, my kinsmen.

2 Corinthians 8:23 As for Titus, he is my partner and fellow worker among you; as for our brethren, they are messengers of the churches, a glory to Christ.

Philippians 2:25 But I thought it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother and fellow worker and fellow soldier, who is also your messenger and minister to my need;

Philippians 4:3 Indeed, true companion, I ask you also to help these women who have shared my struggle in the cause of the gospel, together with Clement also and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life.

Colossians 4:7-14 As to all my affairs, Tychicus, our beloved brother and faithful servant and fellow bond-servant in the Lord, will bring you information. For I have sent him to you for this very purpose, that you may know about our circumstances and that he may encourage your hearts; and with him Onesimus, our faithful and beloved brother, who is one of your number. They will inform you about the whole situation here. Aristarchus, my fellow prisoner, sends you his greetings; and also Barnabas’s cousin Mark (about whom you received instructions; if he comes to you, welcome him); and also Jesus who is called Justus; these are the only fellow workers for the kingdom of God who are from the circumcision, and they have proved to be an encouragement to me. Epaphras, who is one of your number, a bondslave of Jesus Christ, sends you his greetings, always laboring earnestly for you in his prayers, that you may stand perfect and fully assured in all the will of God. For I testify for him that he has a deep concern for you and for those who are in Laodicea and Hierapolis. Luke, the beloved physician, sends you his greetings, and also Demas.

1 Corinthians 3:9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, God’s building.

1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.

2 Corinthians 1:24 Not that we lord it over your faith, but are workers with you for your joy; for in your faith you are standing firm.

Galatians 5:6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but faith working through love.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

The best(of course by the Master Illustrator!) illustration I can think of about Who we really work for is at Matthew 20:
1 “For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard. 2 When he had agreed with the laborers for a denarius for the day, he sent them into his vineyard. 3 And he went out about the third hour and saw others standing idle in the market place; 4 and to those he said, ‘You also go into the vineyard, and whatever is right I will give you.’ And so they went. 5 Again he went out about the sixth and the ninth hour, and did the same thing. 6 And about the eleventh hour he went out and found others standing around; and he said to them, ‘Why have you been standing here idle all day long?’ 7 They said to him, ‘Because no one hired us.’ He said to them, ‘You go into the vineyard too.’
8 “When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, ‘Call the laborers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last group to the first.’ 9 When those hired about the eleventh hour came, each one received a denarius. 10 When those hired first came, they thought that they would receive more; but each of them also received a denarius. 11 When they received it, they grumbled at the landowner, 12 saying, ‘These last men have worked only one hour, and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden and the scorching heat of the day.’ 13 But he answered and said to one of them, ‘Friend, I am doing you no wrong; did you not agree with me for a denarius? 14 Take what is yours and go, but I wish to give to this last man the same as to you. 15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I wish with what is my own? Or is your eye envious because I am generous?’ 16 So the last shall be first, and the first last.”

Sorry - I can go on and on about certain subjects!

Love ya!

:heartbeat: You are my friends! I don't think it just by chance, but by God's Grand Design, that He has guided both our steps... to let your paths cross mine. :heartbeat:
07-30-2011 10:22 PM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites