Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Questions Young People Ask - Sexual Predators
Manirus
Many R Us

Group: Moderator
Questions Young People Ask - Sexual Predators

Well ... have not been on here for some time but I had to just comment on the new book released this summer for young people by the JW's.

The chapter on How Can I Protect Myself From Sexual Predators did not even mention about children being endangered from clergy or "elders" and also did not even mention about reporting abuse to the Police. It just basically gave them some scriptures and told them to talk to someone ... like the elders or a trusted confident.

You would think, by now they would wise up and encourage people to report these crimes against children as this is not a social issue only it is a criminal issue and should be treated as such so that the victims don't feel they are being denied justice and given condescending comments to make them feel better.

Just my two cents.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

07-31-2011 09:45 AM
Find all posts by this user
e-magine
Disciple of Newness

Group: Registered Plus
RE: Questions Young People Ask - Sexual Predators

Manirus Wrote:
Well ... have not been on here for some time but I had to just comment on the new book released this summer for young people by the JW's.

The chapter on How Can I Protect Myself From Sexual Predators did not even mention about children being endangered from clergy or "elders" and also did not even mention about reporting abuse to the Police. It just basically gave them some scriptures and told them to talk to someone ... like the elders or a trusted confident.

You would think, by now they would wise up and encourage people to report these crimes against children as this is not a social issue only it is a criminal issue and should be treated as such so that the victims don't feel they are being denied justice and given condescending comments to make them feel better.

Just my two cents.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

....more gerrrrrrrrrrr

Henry Ward Beecher-1872 Preacher of Plymouth Church, Brooklyn, in his home later bought by C.H. Russell.
He is looking at the Brooklyn Bridge,,,, is it the way into, or, out of Brooklyn for you?
07-31-2011 10:55 AM
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Well, I just read the chapter in question and noticed a couple of points for myself as well ...

1. They start out with THREE (3) 'true life illustrations' but at the end when they are 'summing up' they never mention the THIRD (girl being abused by her father.)

2. Not only do they NOT say to report rape/abuse to the LEGAL AUTHORITIES, they also do NOT suggest going to a THERAPIST to talk about what happened to them! Someone who is QUALIFIED and can help them deal with the ramifications on a deeper and more personal level. For to me, perhaps a person wouldn't want to speak about 'certain things' even with a trusted confidant or elder because they KNOW them.

And just because one is even a kind elder, doesn't make him qualified to help in ways that are NECESSARY in order to FULLY HEAL.

They can of course be comforting and share spiritual enouragement, but MORE is needed in such situations IMHO.

3. Of the 5 things they suggest to keep one 'safe' (relatively speaking) NONE of them really apply to the third scenario of someone being MOLESTED on a LONG TERM basis! A young child of 5, as the case of the girl molested by her father (5-12) how is it that a baby would 'dress provacatively' or 'act provacatively' (flirt)

Just being 'aware of your surroundings' at all times isn't a protection either for such ones, for the very home they live in isn't safe, and for those abused by 'WITNESS FRIENDS' (not mentoned either by the way ... at least specifically said ... although don't witnesses just have 'witness friends' so perhaps that is 'implied? tongue in cheek) well you again think you are SAFE in your 'spiritual paradise' when you are visiting with witnesses or at the kingdom hall or where ever.

Anyway, that is just a couple of thoughts I had right now ... the chapter is rather too simplistic in a world in their own use of the scripture at Timothy ... CRITICAL TIME HARD TO DEAL WITH ... and so IMHO ... since they are speaking to a most teenage audience ... they could and SHOULD be more specific and offer a more REALISTIC approach to help with such a serious and life altering topic.

Love to everyone as always, am going to help my friend paint her livingroom today so will be a wee bit busy but check in when I can!

Your sis in the faith with love BR :sheepy: :bouncyhearts:

http://bruisedreednotbroke.blogspot.com
07-31-2011 11:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Seraphim

Group: Registered

Strange. I had a dream three days ago where I saw a new WT book. It was a hard cover one with strange writing on the outside with raised letters of different colours. Very un-watchtower like. I cant remember the whole dream now, and was going to post it then, but didn't get round to it. My bad! I do remember thinking that after I woke up that one possible meaning might be that something bad might be exposed soon regarding the WT and the dream may have been symbolising it. There also seemed to be some reference to this board as well in very symbolic form but I cant remember now.

Getting back to common sense, they are a cult and we can expect no less from them other than bible worship which is half the problem.

07-31-2011 11:14 AM
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Hi all, just a quick addition ... I want to be 'accurate' of course ... :blush:

My hubby told me that there WAS a 'reference' to seeking 'medical help' and so I looked it up ... it was in the # sign at the end of the chapter and reads as follows ...

"Sometimes victims of abuse are subject to severe depression. In such a case, it might be wise to consult a physician. For more information on coping with distressing feelings, see Chapters 13 and 14 of this book."

After reading this though it doesn't really make me feel better ... hmmm why ...? :dontknow:

Well, first of all the SOMETIMES part really gets to me ... for if anyone has been ASSAULTED in ANY way they WILL BE depressed or numb in some manner ... or may event try to pretend 'nothing happened' ... in any scenairo 'depression' is a result ... and ANY depression is 'bad' for us whether it is 'severe' or not ...

Also when they use the word you MIGHT want to consuct a'physician' ... do not people automatically (witnesses anyway) think of a 'medical doctor'? And since doctors will usually PRESCRIBE MEDICATION for 'depression', then doesn't this just 'mask' the symstoms instead of the 'cause' and you have a bunch of 'numbed down' and 'medicated' people that are just getting through life instead of LIVING it to the fullest possible in this system of things?

Anyway just wanted to clarify as I wouldn't want to be accused of misrepresenting or falsifying anything the society has written.

Luv again BR :love:

07-31-2011 11:46 AM
Susanna

Hi all
What I find very hypocritical, is how the WT organization would always point their finger to bring to our attention about the child abuse among the priesthood with in the catholic church , when the very same thing was / is taken place within the WT walls
At least there was a public apology from the Catholic church.

"Silence of the Lambs "
is some very good reading, of how the WT handled
their situation, when records of child abuse problems were uncovered.

I think you just put that title in to your search.

Then to make the claim that they the ( WT org )are spirit directed, is SICK, SICK, SICK/

susanna:grouphug:

Jehovah and one is a large army
08-01-2011 09:45 AM
BeginAgain
Not So New

Oh yeah, the very reason that Australia put into law 5 years ago, the Working with Children Act . . . to protect the little ones from adults with sicko tendencies. Can't work though until the law enforcement agencies figures out how to put some teeth into it and make it happen. Jehovah witnesses are the only group that refuse to obey this law!

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift; that's why they call it the present." Eleanor Roosevelt
08-01-2011 10:05 PM
Willa
Peace, baby!

Susanna Wrote:
Hi all
What I find very hypocritical, is how the WT organization would always point their finger to bring to our attention about the child abuse among the priesthood with in the catholic church , when the very same thing was / is taken place within the WT walls

"Silence of the Lambs "

Then to make the claim that they the ( WT org )are spirit directed, is SICK, SICK, SICK/

I think maybe 'Silence of the Lambs' is something else.... a movie with Jodie Foster and Sir Anthony Hopkins? Try 'Silent Lambs'. :D

:heartbeat: You are my friends! I don't think it just by chance, but by God's Grand Design, that He has guided both our steps... to let your paths cross mine. :heartbeat:
08-02-2011 09:44 AM
llee

Willa Wrote:

Susanna Wrote:
Hi all

"Silence of the Lambs "

I think maybe 'Silence of the Lambs' is something else.... a movie with Jodie Foster and Sir Anthony Hopkins? Try 'Silent Lambs'. :D

Good morning dear sis Willa:hibye:

You beat me to it, but here's the link sis Susanna is unable to post:help:

http://www.silentlambs.org/

Much Love to ALL:grouphug::heartbeat:
sis

Psalms 68:11 "Jehovah himself gives the saying;
The women telling the good news are a large army."

"Every civilization learns what it needs to know, and the next one forgets it." Gil Grissom CSI

08-02-2011 11:40 AM
Susanna

Thank you Willa and Lee for setting the link straight " Silent Lambs "
I guess most here has heard about Barbara Anderson, All you new members if you haven't been to her site yet, then reading her account of what took place while she & hubby were in Bethel, is a eye opener. you dont want to miss this one.

susanna :grouphug:

Jehovah and one is a large army
08-02-2011 03:08 PM
Willa
Peace, baby!

I so agree, Susanna - Barbara Anderson is perhaps the most credible and knowledgeable witness to the goings-on 'behind the scenes' - or we could say 'inside the cup'!(your slip tickled me - I can actually imagine members of the gb in spiked leather face masks so's they can't eat up anyone else! Quite a good, tho' accidental, comparison, lol!)

Here's a couple more links for new ones:

Her official site ---

Barbara Anderson - Watchtower Documents LLC
http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/

She's posted many articles here ---
Barbara Anderson - Freeminds.org
http://www.freeminds.org/organization/barbara-anderson/

silentlambs.org is the brain child of Bill Bowen, and as the following post states, he deserves THANKS!
(post from the 'guestbook' link at the top of the site's main page - always interesting to hear others' stories and pov)

Quote:
Joan Witten Monday, May 23, 2011
@ 10:39 AM
Thanks to Bill Bowen
Sometimes you just stop to reflect. Can you imagine if Bill Bowen never stood up? Can you imagine if he decided to go along with WTS policies and remain "silent" about the pedophilia mis-handling and cover-up in this religion? Can anyone truly imagine the degree of courage it takes to stand up to something when no one else around you does? I think we all owe Bill Bowen at the least, a huge THANK YOU! (It makes you wonder why the Governing Body would not entertain his clear thinking on this matter. Don't they realize how bad this reflects on them?)

:peace:

:heartbeat: You are my friends! I don't think it just by chance, but by God's Grand Design, that He has guided both our steps... to let your paths cross mine. :heartbeat:
08-02-2011 04:21 PM
man hu
Babe and any other piggy names

Barbara Anderson had many strange experiences whilst in the writing dept. This is one excerpt of her writings.

"Societal sexual attitudes and gender issues of the 50s are still reflected in the organization in other ways. For instance, I'll share an experience which will illustrate the point I'm making. I've been very reluctant to talk about this because it's so egregious, but I think it's time.

During one Writing Department staff meeting for writers, which was held every week on Thursday, an artist brought her cover picture for the Oct. 8, 1991 Awake! magazine and left it for critique. I was told that one of the unmarried older senior writers objected to the picture and the featured articles. The proposed cover color picture illustrated a young woman standing in front of a large mirror. She was touching the mirror, which reflected back her image, and there also was an overlay of a small, black and white image of a little girl, who obviously was the young woman as a child. The title under the picture was, "HEALING THE WOUNDS OF CHILD ABUSE. And just what was the objection the writer had to the picture and the articles? He said, "Everyone knows that a little girl who is molested brings it upon herself by climbing onto a man's lap!" It was a shocking statement to make, but it illustrates either one of two things: this man is a child molester or he still believes the rubbish of days gone by that women and children get raped because of something they have done."

I believe I remember that Awake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1sj2gQJIKI
08-07-2011 11:41 AM
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Hey Vicky ...:shocked::shocked:

Do you or anyone know which particular Awake! article this is??

I would like to read it for myself for VERIFICATION ... for if it is indeed true ... then ... well words fail me ...!!!

Hard to believe huh!!

What a SICK thing to conclude ... makes me wonder what HIS background is ...????

I know personally of a pedophile who was accused of grinding himself while a young one sat on his lap ...

WHOSE FAULT was that ...!!!!!!!!!!!?????

The INNOCENT child who probably climbed trustingly on his lap ... or the ONE DOING TH GRINDING who ABUSED THE TRUST and INNOCENCE of the wee one???

Makes me SICK to my stomach and revolting to my eyes!

And I said I was at a loss for words ...:whistle:;):P

Luv ya and thanks to anyone who can find this article ...

BR:giverose: :sheepy:

08-07-2011 12:40 PM
e-magine
Disciple of Newness

Hi BR, I think I remember that article, and would like to see it again.
I'm thinking, that if we, as mature adults, are able to realize that this type of sick thing is a real occurrence, should we be so naive to think that that type of thing did not also happen to Eve?
Can we not see who is Satan's seed? And right in the "house of God"!

Henry Ward Beecher-1872 Preacher of Plymouth Church, Brooklyn, in his home later bought by C.H. Russell.
He is looking at the Brooklyn Bridge,,,, is it the way into, or, out of Brooklyn for you?
08-07-2011 01:03 PM
man hu
Babe and any other piggy names

The picture on the front was memorable.
Oct 8 1991.
This site may help. It is Barbara's.
http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/docum...-1999.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1sj2gQJIKI
08-07-2011 01:10 PM