Abe your really silly do you know that.

08-07-2011 11:14 AM
Find all posts by this user
e-magine
Disciple of Newness

Group: Registered Plus
RE: Riots in England

stop the World,, I wanna get off!

Henry Ward Beecher-1872 Preacher of Plymouth Church, Brooklyn, in his home later bought by C.H. Russell.
He is looking at the Brooklyn Bridge,,,, is it the way into, or, out of Brooklyn for you?
08-07-2011 11:16 AM
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Group: Moderator

hmmm why is abe 'silly' for putting up this video??

Isn't it real?

Or is it 'old' news or what??

Either way it certainly shows the violence that people can be capapble of when they are stirred up and the damage that can be caused. :(

I hope no one was hurt. Does anyone know the REASON for this riot?

Luv BR :sheepy:

http://bruisedreednotbroke.blogspot.com
08-07-2011 11:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Seraphim

Group: Registered

The reason is because its fear mongering. Many things are real BruisedReed. There is no context or details provided. Its oblivious this is just to create fear which is for a religious agenda, i.e a particular interpretation of an the end of the world scenario. Yet when I looked out of my window in Central London all I saw was normal life as usual. A bird landed outside and it didn't seemed fire singed at all. It could have been the student riots that happened a while ago over tuition charges. A big cosmic deal I don't think. The problem is Abe doesn't tell you what it was and the sound is so poor I cant make out what is being said. The WT used fear in this type of negative way. Remember all those pictures of normal people falling out of collapsing building! Why not show the blitz during the second world war ? Probably because it didn't lead to the end of the world, but of course this riot proves its a symptom of what will happen and that the end of the world is round the corner. Yea right!

We all know the violence humans are capable of, but digging up any old video of violence is not of the spirit of God because his spirit is supposed to be one of positivity in the face of violence. You know perfect love throws fear outside or have we become blind to those basic tenants of faith. If I had kids I wouldn't let them read here because they would come away with a very imbalanced view of the world. Instead of law and order doing what its supposed to do, which could be a positive thing in some instances, they would see oppression of innocent people. Not because they know that but because it could look like that if one doesn't look to hard at the specific details of any given case. And as for the end of the world being round the corner, are we back to that again? Boring! Lets do something positive as Christians in the real world like give to those starving to death which is far more serious than a riot or too in a rich country. Indeed harder it is for a rich man to enter into the peace of God.

08-07-2011 12:15 PM
Seraphim

Actually I just found out there was riots last night that started from a peaceful protest over a man shot by police on Thursday. No one died. 48 people were arrested. Local people were not implicated in that it wasn't representative of the people who live there in Tottenham. and looting did occur. Sounds like a group of thugs or anarchists started this. This is not significance in terms of biblical prophesy.

08-07-2011 12:39 PM
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Yeah ... my hubby found out it was yesterday as well and not an old video.

It just goes to show IMHO the significance that this type of thing IS supporting Bible prophesy ...

2 Tim. 3:1-5 ...

3 But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.

The Greek word for CRITICAL is ...

]G5467 χαλεπός
chalepos khal-ep-os'

Perhaps from G5465 through the idea of reducing the strength; difficult, that is, dangerous, or (by implication) furious: - fierce, perilous.

So, if a supposed PEACEFUL march could ESCALATE into the riot that is shown here ... IMHO it shows just what is under the surface and that it obviously doesn't, or didn't in this case, take much to cause a powder keg to ignite!

May such things reinforce our faith and determination to be PEACEABLE people, NO MATTER WHAT!!

Luv BR :sheepy: :bouncyhearts: :peacebaby:

http://bruisedreednotbroke.blogspot.com
08-07-2011 12:48 PM
wolfie

yahoo front page news has a story on this and it appears to be significant for london. It is being called the worst case of rioting and looting in years. at this point 26 policemen and 3 civilians remain hospitalized and this particular town is said to be devastated. The police lost control of the town and have been quoted as saying ''they were frightened.'' There are several police cars on fire as well as buildings. They are gearing up for more trouble this evening as they are following twitter conversations and say groups are being organized. It reminds me of an expression Cesar Celente often says--desperate people do desperate things'' and ''when people have nothing left to lose they lose it.'' It is kind of shocking how quickly groups get out of control now--like a pot always simmering there is so much rage in the world ready to simply boil over. I saw a video the other day of two women at a burger king in a fist fight over a free package of pancake syrup--surreal....

''In the midst of winter I finally learned that in me there was an invincible summer.'' Albert Camus

''live simply, speak kindly, love unconditionally''
08-07-2011 12:53 PM
Seraphim

So you think such things and much worse hasn't always occurred that somehow Paul's words have special relevance to a small part of London in the 21st century? Last days means last days not thousands of years.

08-07-2011 12:55 PM
isomam
In Spite of Many and Much

Seraphim Wrote:
So you think such things and much worse hasn't always occurred that somehow Paul's words have special relevance to a small part of London in the 21st century? Last days means last days not thousands of years.

brian, i have been saddened and worried for you for quite some time now. :(

nothing you say of late does anything to diminish my worries.

take care, brother.

Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. Of these I am foremost.--1 Timothy 1:15.

Above all things, have INTENSE Love for one another.--1 Peter 4:8.

Sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts. ... Hold a good conscience.--1 Peter 3:15, 16.

TRUTH IS SIMPLE.
08-07-2011 01:43 PM
ablebodiedman

Seraphim Wrote:
Abe your really silly do you know that.

I thought it was a noteworthy event.

Front page news in a lot of places.

Also believe this kind of thing is not isolated.

This kind of thing has really started to escalate in the past year.

If we are in those end times then yes, I would expect it to escalate even further.

There is plenty of evidence of this kind of stuff happening all around the world this year which, in my opinion is well beyond the normal "business as usual" argument that naysayers love to use.

Am I silly to post this?

I don't think so, especially on a forum where I would expect to find many other people keeping on the watch.

In Christ

abe

the spiritual man examines all things

Jehovah's Witnesses - The Bible Report
The Unforgivable Sin
08-07-2011 01:47 PM
ablebodiedman

Yes, that first video looks like something out of a Watchtower magazine about armageddon.

the spiritual man examines all things

Jehovah's Witnesses - The Bible Report
The Unforgivable Sin
08-07-2011 01:50 PM
gogh
Participator

..often it is recognized by authority (police), that rioting is instigated by a few that come prepared to start fire etc....sometimes even at the drop of a hockey puck. (go canucks, go....(not)).:whistle::coffeeread::drinking:

"......."This is my Son, whom I have chosen. Keep listening to him!" Luke 9:35
08-07-2011 02:03 PM
isomam
In Spite of Many and Much

there's never a shortage of anarchists, terrorists, and ne'er-do-well's anywhere. :( but, i don't think that was what precipitated the tottenham riots.

Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. Of these I am foremost.--1 Timothy 1:15.

Above all things, have INTENSE Love for one another.--1 Peter 4:8.

Sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts. ... Hold a good conscience.--1 Peter 3:15, 16.

TRUTH IS SIMPLE.
08-07-2011 02:09 PM
Pages (4): « First [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites